Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,515 members, 7,836,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

A Thread for Single Ladies :) - Romance (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Thread for Single Ladies :) (256436 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / A Thread For The Dark And Handsome Guys Of Nairaland / Tips On Finding A Wife For Single Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 01, 2013
Hi @thehunted, like I said, try and follow up on my threads and posts, I am not good at sugar-coating words to suite anybody- whether it involves my friend or sibling.

In as much as I believe that the majority of the old enough to marry ladies that are still single are somehow to be blamed for their being single at whatever age, I still believe that our guys of today aren't all saints.

My coming here to dish out advice doesn't mean I am perfect, nope, cos I have my own flaws too, but its just that I have concern to open the eyes of willing single ladies to know certain things abt we guys and to help those willing to learn to knw wot n wot to do to at least stand better chances of having a healthy relationship that would lead to d altar.

I have good and bad friends, so I can tell u that some intentionally set out just to get a certain girl and sleep with her at all cost and thereafter dispose her like a waste, which to me is abominable. One went as far as buying a girl a...and doing some crazy things just because he wanted to sleep with her, and he still join other guys to condemn today girls, that's unfair to me.

But then, I blame the ladies who fall for them just because they saw money, ordinary paper, or car, a metal/plastic stuff, lol.

We kinda have a fam car shop, so I know what I am talking abt- car is NOTHING if u set ur priorities right as a girl. Some guys will just come to buy a car just to be able to be getting cheap access to girls and they succeed. Ladies, pls change ur mentality n u will see guys conforming to it. Women shape every society, and our women have unknowingly shaped Nigeria badly n the outcome is already visible nationwide, we can still initiate a change, thank God for internet platforms like this.

Have u ever sat down and look closely at a very expensive car before? There is just nothing abt it; just metals, plastics and all, and some people will rather die cos of it, sighs.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 01, 2013
I know its hard to overlook material things like money, fancy cars, house, flashy wears, etc as a girl especially when the girl is coming from a poor background, but hey, be wise, at least internet has helped to open your eyes.

So I can't sugar coat words cos even some of my bad friends do fight me a lot whenever they visit some of my blogs and read my eye-opening articles to assist ladies.

So @thehunted, I never sugar coated any stuff...rather we all need to be logical and rational in our judgments- some good ladies have been so unfortunate with guys, maybe as a result of their location, mentality, upbringing, excessive formings and trying to be too good a girl, so we can't just blame them always, cos we guys too are very bad and dangerous!!!

A school mate now working with Chev, do tell me how they battle with women when they come back from r...and in fact, I can tell u that the guy must have slept with over a 100 ladies just becos he happened to be working in a well paid job, is that nice? And he would still join in condemning ladies. Anyway, I repeat, I blame the ladies who are so carried away with money n wealth, such that most loose their sense of sanity once they perceive money around a guy, it irritates me, gosh.

You know, sometimes when I imagine how some close folks who happened to be financially buoyant treat ladies, I feel like staying single for life, but then, I still believe that there are some good girls, yes there are.

In summary, when we blame the females, we should also blame the males. Some of us even have all it takes- cash, age, etc, and still not thinking of marrying, so do we still blame the females for being single when guys have refused to marry? I pity ladies most times honestly, I do.

Ladies just need to be very wise n cautious cos majority of today guys are out to just sleep with as many women as possible for no good reason cos I know the kind of pressure and mockery I face from some friends for not engaging in the game of catch and kill n move on to d next prey. Is that y u were blessed or do u think u have money cos ur d most wise n smart guy in Nigeria?

Those are d things guys shud always think before using their good financial status to be deceiving n sleeping around with diff girls.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by causewahala: 4:37pm On Apr 01, 2013
Is a certain ogbeni encouraging dailynews to write more epistle? grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
DailyNews: I know its hard to overlook material things like money, fancy cars, house, flashy wears, etc as a girl especially when the girl is coming from a poor background, but hey, be wise, at least internet has helped to open your eyes.

So I can't sugar coat words cos even some of my bad friends do fight me a lot whenever they visit some of my blogs and read my eye-opening articles to assist ladies.

So @thehunted, I never sugar coated any stuff...rather we all need to be logical and rational in our judgments- some good ladies have been so unfortunate with guys, maybe as a result of their location, mentality, upbringing, excessive formings and trying to be too good a girl, so we can't just blame them always, cos we guys too are very bad and dangerous!!!

A school mate now working with Chev, do tell me how they battle with women when they come back from r...and in fact, I can tell u that the guy must have slept with over a 100 ladies just becos he happened to be working in a well paid job, is that nice? And he would still join in condemning ladies. Anyway, I repeat, I blame the ladies who are so carried away with money n wealth, such that most loose their sense of sanity once they perceive money around a guy, it irritates me, gosh.

You know, sometimes when I imagine how some close folks who happened to be financially buoyant treat ladies, I feel like staying single for life, but then, I still believe that there are some good girls, yes there are.

In summary, when we blame the females, we should also blame the males. Some of us even have all it takes- cash, age, etc, and still not thinking of marrying, so do we still blame the females for being single when guys have refused to marry? I pity ladies most times honestly, I do.

Ladies just need to be very wise n cautious cos majority of today guys are out to just sleep with as many women as possible for no good reason cos I know the kind of pressure and mockery I face from some friends for not engaging in the game of catch and kill n move on to d next prey. Is that y u were blessed or do u think u have money cos ur d most wise n smart guy in Nigeria?

Those are d things guys shud always think before using their good financial status to be deceiving n sleeping around with diff girls.
are you trying to say that only materialistic girls remain single Let's get real here.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 4:58pm On Apr 01, 2013
alutacontinua:

@nbright, i saw sumtin abt the wonderful gift added to your family. CONGRATULATIONS! May he/she always be a source of joy and happiness to ur family.
Thank you... Long time...
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 5:16pm On Apr 01, 2013
Jan8:
are you trying to say that only materialistic girls remain single Let's get real here.
Let me try to summarise it for you... He said girls should not be blinded by materialistic things.. In other word Look well and hard before you leap..
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Winneygirl(f): 5:43pm On Apr 01, 2013
nbright: Let me try to summarise it for you... He said girls should not be blinded by materialistic things.. In other word Look well and hard before you leap..

DailyNews said He cant do a 1-minute presentation. Obviously, U are good @ that.

So I suggest that He tells U what He intends to post, then U can come and summarise it here in 2 sentences.....

#just kidding#
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 01, 2013
nbright: Let me try to summarise it for you... He said girls should not be blinded by materialistic things.. In other word Look well and hard before you leap..
is that what he has been saying over and over and over and over again....impossicant. Thanx Daily, for the advice cheesy
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by 2sexynet: 5:59pm On Apr 01, 2013
thehunted: @2sexy.net
Hey kid,never u use that word 'ogbeni' on me.
And stay off ma lane. Go play with boys of same level with ya.
okay sir... I don hear u. But dont let my DP fool u. I look far far younger than my age.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2013
Winneygirl:

DailyNews said He cant do a 1-minute presentation. Obviously, U are good @ that.

So I suggest that He tells U what He intends to post, then U can come and summarise it here in 2 sentences.....

#just kidding#
Lol.. Very funny
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 01, 2013
Lol. @jan and winney, I intentionally love writing long cos I read a lot. I can finish a voluminous novel in just 2days or 3 if I am not busy, so I find it hard to believe that people can't enjoy reading long write-ups like minegrin

Meanwhile, @jan, all I am saying is this:

Before u agree to date a guy, let it be cos u value, cherish, respect n fancy his whole personality as a being and not just cos of:

1. He's tall n handsome
2. He's rich and generous
3. Or for any other frivolous reason(s)

And don't turn down a guy because:

1. He's rich and u dnt want ppl to say u are dating him or agreed to marry him cos of his money, just make sure ur conscience is ryt n that u are in cos u cherish his entire personality as a person.

2. He's still struggling to stand financially and otherwise

3. Because u feel u are bigger than his class presently.

So in summary, set ur priorities right, don't be a liability to any guy dating u if want him to value u, try to offer value to his life and not just sex n helping him to wash/cook, when u see opportunity that can help him, dnt hesitate to assist him, pray for him, dnt be quick to indulge in premarital sex, all guys cherish a humble n respectful lady, pls dnt let that be lacking in ur daily conducts, and above all, respect God n be friendly to people n u will never regret in life, n no reasonable guy would play with u or let u go!

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 01, 2013
Jan8:
Nope dear, read my comment well again, but most times, materialistic girls are d ones who always fall prey to:

1. Fake guys
2. Bad guys or playboys
3. Use and dump
Etc...so to be on a safer side, try hard to be contented with what u have and pray faithfully for the things u desire to have, n u will surely get them at d right timesmiley
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nanalady(f): 7:17pm On Apr 01, 2013
I love this thread..thank you madame op and all who have made meaninful contributions...

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 02, 2013
DailyNews: Nope dear, read my comment well again, but most times, materialistic girls are d ones who always fall prey to:

1. Fake guys
2. Bad guys or playboys
3. Use and dump
Etc...so to be on a safer side, try hard to be contented with what u have and pray faithfully for the things u desire to have, n u will surely get them at d right timesmiley
you are so sweet really. And educative. Truth is:i don't enjoy reading long write-ups but in your case, i don't miss a single WORD! But if you know all of these, what are you still doing single? Good girl scarce for your side? grin
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by AdeniyiA(m): 11:37am On Apr 02, 2013
Jan8:
you are so sweet really. And educative. Truth is:i don't enjoy reading long write-ups but in your case, i don't miss a single WORD! But if you know all of these, what are you still doing single? Good girl scarce for your side? grin
you can..... ,you kno
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 02, 2013
Adeniyi A.:

you can..... ,you kno
shocked i for like to sha cheesy but am hooked kiss
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by causewahala: 11:55am On Apr 02, 2013
shocked shocked shocked

Nor be you tok seh u just dey single not long ago?

Ahhhh! Boys are indeed sharp on here! cheesy

Passion88 why do I suspect you? grin grin grin
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Freshouttrend: 12:32pm On Apr 02, 2013
Welcome to Fresh Out Trend Blog: Video:married woman Bleep from behind in a bush by ... http://freshouttrend..com/2013/04/videomarried-woman-Bleep-from-behind-in.html?spref=tw
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 02, 2013
Jan8:
Thanks @jan for the compliment. I have received this question countless times anyway.

My answer is:

1. I have over the years developed phobia for dating, it doesn't sound nice I know, so I am trying n working towards overcoming it.

2. I am kind of selfish & chauvinistic when it comes to dealing with females, such that I sometimes feel I am too good for any girl, which is very bad.

So I know the aforementioned things are big flaws I need to overcome in order to be a good partner and not be the opposite of the things I preach. Plus other minor personal targets I need to meet up with.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2013
causewahala: shocked shocked shocked

lol! cheesy *i reserve my comments*
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2013
DailyNews: Thanks @jan for the compliment. I have received this question countless times anyway.

My answer is:

1. I have over the years developed phobia for dating, it doesn't sound nice I know, so I am trying n working towards overcoming it.

2. I am kind of selfish & chauvinistic when it comes to dealing with females, such that I sometimes feel I am too good for any girl, which is very bad.

So I know the aforementioned things are big flaws I need to overcome in order to be a good partner and not be the opposite of the things I preach. Plus other minor personal targets I need to meet up with.
you definitely need to work on that, Mr--?
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by chikeorji123(m): 5:26pm On Apr 02, 2013
passionate88: God time na d best no come mean say u go lock yaself 4 castle like fiona come dey wait 4 shrek to rescue and marry u o. U go also make moves too.

Mature! hear yea him..maybe this is high time our ladies should apply this african abandon strategy..Sometimes we guys do carry away with awhole lot of challenges forgeting to notice that dolls around us..
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by chikeorji123(m): 5:40pm On Apr 02, 2013
thehunted: @dailynews,
U didn't mean to insult u by including u in the last paragraph of my write up. If I had used 'every tom,dick and harry,sure u wouldn't be annoyed. I know u are not that kind of person. I just used some random names . Apologies to ichidodo,dailynews and nbriggt.

Accepted on their behalf..Raging quech!.That's humbling..sincerly this thread is really worthy of emulation..someone may goes out of track..before u knows it he/she fall back on line..courtesy of CARMELLION.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Youngpo413: 9:37pm On Apr 02, 2013
DailyNews: Hi @thehunted, like I said, try and follow up on my threads and posts, I am not good at sugar-coating words to suite anybody- whether it involves my friend or sibling.

In as much as I believe that the majority of the old enough to marry ladies that are still single are somehow to be blamed for their being single at whatever age, I still believe that our guys of today aren't all saints.

My coming here to dish out advice doesn't mean I am perfect, nope, cos I have my own flaws too, but its just that I have concern to open the eyes of willing single ladies to know certain things abt we guys and to help those willing to learn to knw wot n wot to do to at least stand better chances of having a healthy relationship that would lead to d altar.

I have good and bad friends, so I can tell u that some intentionally set out just to get a certain girl and sleep with her at all cost and thereafter dispose her like a waste, which to me is abominable. One went as far as buying a girl a...and doing some crazy things just because he wanted to sleep with her, and he still join other guys to condemn today girls, that's unfair to me.

But then, I blame the ladies who fall for them just because they saw money, ordinary paper, or car, a metal/plastic stuff, lol.

We kinda have a fam car shop, so I know what I am talking abt- car is NOTHING if u set ur priorities right as a girl. Some guys will just come to buy a car just to be able to be getting cheap access to girls and they succeed. Ladies, pls change ur mentality n u will see guys conforming to it. Women shape every society, and our women have unknowingly shaped Nigeria badly n the outcome is already visible nationwide, we can still initiate a change, thank God for internet platforms like this.

Have u ever sat down and look closely at a very expensive car before? There is just nothing abt it; just metals, plastics and all, and some people will rather die cos of it, sighs.

Don't waste your time on advicing the ladies,most of them are already corrupt,but I thank God that there are few good ones,who really understands that not all that glitters are gold.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by AdeniyiA(m): 6:29am On Apr 03, 2013
Jan8:
shocked i for like to sha cheesy but am hooked kiss
Huh... you can be 'de-hooked' nah.
abi DN,wat'dya tink?
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by joanana(f): 9:51am On Apr 03, 2013
I thought the topic title is " Thread for Single Ladies" what are guys (male folks ) doing here? Hmm... anyway op thanks for your contributions.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 03, 2013
Adeniyi A.:

Huh... you can be 'de-hooked' nah.
abi DN,wat'dya tink?
i just dey admire the guy o(no toastin tinz involved). You better stop o. You know say DN no like this matchmaker thingy
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by akposdude(m): 11:35am On Apr 03, 2013
To err is human & to forgive is divine, u do well but dnt awake d wound anymore, stay kool.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by passionate88: 12:12pm On Apr 03, 2013
causewahala: shocked shocked shocked

u b olokpa ni wey u go suspect me?, she dey lag while me dey south south, I no knw hw to play long distance love, na only she go enjoy am in d sense say I go dey send her cash, cards, gifts, etc plus sms and calls wetin she go give me?, NOTHING.. So me no like L.D.R.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by passionate88: 12:13pm On Apr 03, 2013
joanana: I thought the topic title is " Thread for Single Ladies" what are guys (male folks ) doing here? Hmm... anyway op thanks for your contributions.
so u go feel comfortable if only girls dey here?. Lesbian alert!.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by mabebe1(f): 2:27pm On Apr 03, 2013
passionate88: so u go feel comfortable if only girls dey here?. Lesbian alert!.
yes 9.1.1 here, wats ur emergency??
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 3:20pm On Apr 03, 2013
For single ladies here who are in a relationship cheesy.I just saw this on the front page and i agree with almost everything there.Use it and checkmate your man.It truly hurts when you discover that you and your man are not on the same page.

To you ,you guys are in serious relationship,
building your future together,walking to the promise land.

To him,you are just a side chick.One of those girls to quench the sexual urge.
It hurts more when you have turned down a lot of other guys.

Go through this and know when something is not right.He must not do all,but when he is guilty of most of it,all i can say is hmmmmmm................

https://www.nairaland.com/1243856/signs-he-just-not-into

On the physical and emotional levels, a guy who will not share just doesn’t want to go too deep. That can be fine for a fling, but it’s not worth making an emotional investment on your part.

No matter what age you are or level of dating experience, reading men’s interest in you can be a struggle. Many men prefer to remain a mystery, opting for privacy in all areas of their lives until they are ready to make a major commitment. God bless the fella who will tell you his intentions up front. But for most men, catching on to their subtle (and not-so-subtle) cues can be an easier way to get their message and avoid unnecessary heartbreak. If you are wondering if your guy is on the fence, but are unsure of whether you should jet, here are 14 telltale signs that he is just not that into you. If anyone you are seeing exhibits a significant number of these traits, it is time to tell him to move along.

1. He takes forever to text or email you back

In this technological age, there is nothing easier than sending someone a quick email or text. If your male companion takes hours — or even days — to respond to these simple forms of communication with even one line of acknowledgment, it’s time to kick him to the curb. This is not only lazy — it’s also rude. He might not be sending you a text message, but he is certainly sending you a clear message of another kind. On to the next one!

2. He maintains physical and emotional distance

Does he often break eye contact, even in private? Or withhold sharing personal details about his life? On the physical and emotional levels, a guy who will not share just doesn’t want to go too deep. That can be fine for a fling, but it’s not worth making an emotional investment on your part. If you have had your fun, it’s time to move on to brighter horizons.

3. He never comes over to your house

Men don’t like to go out of their way — especially if they are not that into you. A guy who likes you wants to make efforts to show you are special to him. Someone who won’t even drive to your house or take the subway can’t be expected to give much in the long term. There are other top-notch fish in the sea. Trust.

4. He avoids touching you in public

If your guy friend loves to embrace, kiss and cuddle in the privacy of your home, but won’t even hold your hand on the street, this is a major warning sign. Either he doesn’t want to be seen as being “with” you, or he is scared one of his other lovers (or his wife!) will see you out in public. Drop this dude if he won’t even hold your hand.

5. He rudely shoots down your ideas

A guy can disagree with your way of seeing the world and still care. If all he does is disrespectfully disregard your perspective when communicating, he likely doesn’t think much of you. You don’t want to be with someone who can’t treat you nicely, especially when you are simply talking. Next!

6. He only sees you after midnight

It’s hard if you really like someone to open your eyes and admit to yourself that to him, you are a booty call. If you can handle that, more power to you. But don’t expect this relationship to go anywhere. If you want more from a man, it’s time to search elsewhere.

7. He won’t let you leave things at his house

If you are at his place often, a guy who is into you will be happy to let you stow essentials there. But if someone you are frequently dating won’t even let you leave a toothbrush at his house he is either a) an obsessive compulsive neat freak, or b) trying to hide you from other women. In either case, you might want to distance yourself.

8. He attends major events without you

Friend’s house party? Parents’ anniversary dinner? Maybe even his own birthday? Sometimes a man wants to maintain his independence. And at other times he wants to ensure that you don’t get too involved in his life so he can move on any time. If he never wants you around at a time of life that’s meaningful, you don’t mean that much to him. You also have better ways to spend your time — with family and friends who really care.

9. He refuses to make future plans with you — short- or long-term

Does this guy squeeze you into the corners of his life? Refuse to plan weekends away? Keep his schedule open weeks in advance? If he only makes last-minute plans with you, while cramming in other activities with friends, he is just not that into you. Sorry, but you deserve better.

10. He flakes out on plans you do have at the last minute

This is another clear sign that he does not respect you or your time. Make room in your life for someone who does.

11. He’s already involved with someone else

This man might say he loves you, but if he is seriously involved with another women, he can’t really be giving you his all. He is a man divided, so how into you could he be? Worse, even if he did leave his mate for you, he has lied to her. He will likely lie to you. You don’t want that. Stay strong and carry on to another man.

12. He doesn’t seem that interested in intimacy(romance)

If your sex life with dude is little to nothing, he is basically saying that he can do without you. This is rude, frustrating, and a little cruel. You don’t need that. Do what you’ve got to do for you, and find that man who makes you feel desirable.

13. He pulls a disappearing act

When you don’t see a man for days, weeks or months at a time without explanation, he is just not that into you. He might be seeing other people, or simply doesn’t want to spend his time with you. If you aren’t seen as life-enhancing by this man, take the time to find someone who cherishes you. Your time, energy and love are worth it.

14. He encourages you to date other people

This is a sure sign that he wants to be totally free, and is not in a mind to commit himself. You probably won’t change him, so why waste your time? No guy is worth it. You deserve a man who wants to spend quality time with you, and reflects back to you your own self worth. There are people out there who will treat you with loving respect. If your significant other exhibits many of these behaviors, take the hint and resist investing another minute. You deserve the best in life. Keep striving until you find the love you deserve.

WARNING!,If he is a player,he can still bypass most of these shocked,meeeehn,we need binoculars cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (181) (Reply)

Miss Nairaland 2015 Winner Is TohPahz / My Story. Sexlife,cultlife And All. / If You Talk To Girls In These 3 Ways, They Will Fall Crazily In Love With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.