Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,560 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures (291412 Views)

Tracking Traffic In Nigeria Through Twitter! / Nigeria Through The Eyes Of A Keke Driver / Nigerian Woman With Record Heroin Haul Arrested In US -nigeria No Dey Carry Last (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Gamine(f): 5:17pm On Jul 28, 2008
Abegi!!!

make we hear word jo!!

Everywhere has good and bad sides.
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by doitall: 5:21pm On Jul 28, 2008

Isn't the contrast with meridian hotels, pimped cars and luxury government buildings a bit too big ?

God knows how many living estates for the normal citizens they could have build with the money of the Abuja stadium posted a while ago. Nothing against progress but progress in proportion and progress for those who need it most.

And yes everywhere there are good and bad places, but also in better proportion. The topic title is show us pictures of nigeria, NOT show us how our government want to proof we are ok.
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Houstony3k(f): 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2008
Gamine (f) you no go ever hear word, you be deaf and dumb na im make you no know watin they happen for the real world, see your mouth,
everywhere have its good and bad side?? Nigeria has more bad side than good side, the day nigeria can manage to keep just power for 4 months without it going off. and people getting jobs instead of stealing and getting themself burnt by other angry residents, that time i go let you hear word, if the doctor no fit help you by then.
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by tboy1(m): 5:24pm On Jul 28, 2008
@ Houstony3k
sharrap dere!!!!!! Now your just gettin annoyin' . . . if you've got ur personal issues to sort out, please do so and don't bring your unnecessary bad vibe here
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Arnold1(m): 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2008
tboy1:

@ Gamine, Arnold1
nice pics

Thanks bro.

OBUDU Ranch Resort, Cross River State

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Arnold1(m): 5:28pm On Jul 28, 2008
More Obudu ranch resort, Cross River State

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Houstony3k(f): 5:31pm On Jul 28, 2008
Naah i don't have shit to sort out, my shit is already been taking care off. Nigeria got shits to sort out, those Billions they make daily spending them on stadiums and buildings only to make the rich feel better,( sending the other half to swiss accounts and buying expensive cars, why so many even die and get sick because the water they drink is not clean, I don't need patron's. Nigeria needs help. so spare me the crap

And yes i am aware i am dealing with Nigerians, the fact that they wouldn't admit Nigeria needs some serious help,
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Gamine(f): 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2008
Omo see how Obudu dey look like Obodo Oyinbo oooh grin grin grin cheesy

i must to reash dia!!!!

@Houston,

i dont usually direct my posts at people, but since you need to be noticed, here goes

i rebuke any swear/ curse of deaf and dumbness in Jesus name,i retun back to sendr, Amen

I have seen and tasted both sides of Nigeria, you are the ignorant one.
i have no business dwelling on what is bad
instead i will dwell on how to make things better by being positive
and not the pessimistic package of flesh you are.
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Houstony3k(f): 5:39pm On Jul 28, 2008
Gamine (f) you need intervention yourself
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Houstony3k(f): 5:40pm On Jul 28, 2008
Gamine (f) Thanks, made me feel better, lol now you as just as primitive as the rest, you still believe what people say will affect you, just like when someone tells me shut up i start rebuking, let me give you one advice, i think the time you spending here rebuking shit and stuff if you spend that time praying for your so called country  i believe God will answer you,
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Gamine(f): 5:41pm On Jul 28, 2008
You are welcome.

And you are just as Advanced as the rest grin

the shit that keeps dropping from your mouth,

makes me think "gosh, you are so high-class"

i must listen to everyword YOU SAY.

Clap for yourself my friend! grin
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by LASIEFAIRE(m): 5:46pm On Jul 28, 2008
Houstony3k:

Naah i don't have shit to sort out, my shit is already been taking care off. Nigeria got shits to sort out, those Billions they make daily spending them on stadiums and buildings only to make the rich feel better,( sending the other half to swiss accounts and buying expensive cars, why so many even die and get sick because the water they drink is not clean, I don't need patron's. Nigeria needs help. so spare me the crap

And yes i am aware i am dealing with Nigerians, the fact that they wouldn't admit Nigeria needs some serious help,

Fanatics usually do less. You remind me of Al Sharpton, all talk no action. . . Embrace the good side, I wonder what will happen if we all took a pessimistic view like yours. You are very well entitled to your view, but don't spoil the purpose of the tread. Very Simple thread: Pictures of Nigeria - Show us Nigeria Through Your Pictures. Post pictures, rather than scream.  And what is your problem with Stadium when I went to watch a game at the Stadium it made me feel better not some rich folk. Even the poorest countries have stadiums  I wonder what your fuss is with Nigeria.

Am waiting on your pictures
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Houstony3k(f): 5:47pm On Jul 28, 2008
you are even stupid to be replying to my post and listening in the first place if you think gosh its so much shit, i did not force you to, and as it is, everyone say thier own opinion, but you just cant bare the fact that i think Nigeria sucks, so you had to beat yourself up, this forum isin't about me remember? its about nigeria, and you have to start rebuking already scared that you will wake up one morning and turn deaf and dumb because someone on a forum used that word, that shows how smart you are yourself, why dont you hit the church now and ask for a delivrance,
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by landis(m): 5:49pm On Jul 28, 2008
Arnold1

are you kidding me?  is that pics of OBUDU?

That looks nice almost comparable to what obtains in the key tourist areas, atleast the pictures

But why is the place empty?  how easy to get there?
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Gamine(f): 5:50pm On Jul 28, 2008
i never replied to your post.

i replied YOU.

As a man thinketh, so he is undecided

Who cares if you think Naija sucks, r u the first?

Why don't you go eat a Mac or smthing

leave us and our pictures alone

e dey pain you

lololololololololololololololoolol grin grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by cold(m): 5:55pm On Jul 28, 2008
Wow!! i've neva seen a thread that has piled up so much bile like this one.In as much as most of us wld disagree with Houston,we know that's the bitter truth and things will only get much worse before they get any better.I say this because we're yet to deal with the core of the problem;CORRUPTION.Every administration that comes in wants to be richer than the one b4 it,haba!Smaller African countries that hitherto were looking up to us are moving ahead while we continue to delude ourselves as the "Giant of Africa".I kip asking myself is it too much to ask for steady power supply,good roads,potable water supply,good health facilities etc?What is wrong with this country?Still i must say i'm a Nigerian & i luv u all.(Nice pics too)
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by rubi(f): 5:56pm On Jul 28, 2008
I love Nigeria
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Arnold1(m): 5:59pm On Jul 28, 2008
landis:

Arnold1

are you kidding me? is that pics of OBUDU?

That looks nice almost comparable to what obtains in the key tourist areas, atleast the pictures

But why is the place empty? how easy to get there?

My brother, Donald Duke really did a lot to promote tourism in C/R state. The place
is so fabulous. I wish the resort was in my state tongue

Can't explain why the place was empty (perhaps non-peak period).

Yes, Obudu has an airstrip, but you can get there through calabar.

Virgin Nigeria, Aero airline and Arik air all have flights into calabar. You can then hop
on the shuttle to the Obudu resort.
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Houstony3k(f): 6:08pm On Jul 28, 2008
well one last thing for me to say, my point have been made clear, take it or leave it, Nigeria will never progress with the way you all rate it, Nigeria is not only poor and backward, the Nigerians who have left to other country to get a better life, sit behind thier pc and talk shit about how good the country is, someone should strip you from your internet, good electricity which you all enjoy abroad, good roads. good hospital's (get sick and die), starve from hunger, and have you live in nigeria and live like those on the street, in poor houses or those sleeping under lagos eko bridge, let me see if your mouth will still be as big as this, till then, i have spent enough of my precious time on this post, and i dont need to waste any more time on fuckheads here.

your comments on this post dont mean shit to me
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Arnold1(m): 6:11pm On Jul 28, 2008
Houstony3k:

well one last thing for me to say, my point have been made clear, take it or leave it, Nigeria will never progress with the way you all rate it, Nigeria is not only poor and backward, the Nigerians who have left to other country to get a better life, sit behind their pc and talk shit about how good the country is,

someone should strip you from your internet, good electricity which you all enjoy abroad, good roads. good hospital's (get sick and die), starve from hunger, and have you live in nigeria and live like those on the street, in poor houses or those sleeping under lagos eko bridge,

let me see if your mouth will still be as big as this, till then, i have spent enough of my precious time on this post, and i don't need to waste any more time on fuckheads here.

your comments on this post don't mean shit to me

Ok, now I'm starting to think this girl needs professional help
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Gamine(f): 6:12pm On Jul 28, 2008
Yaba left might actually be her place of Deliverance cheesy cheesy
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by londoner: 8:15pm On Jul 28, 2008
Its simply people posting pictures of Nigeria that they would like to share.

Why get upset over that?
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by ziga: 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2008
Haba!!! Houstony3k. You don't have to be so insultive. And everybody doesn't have to accept your point of view. If you have any pictures depicting the Nigeria you know. Post it and lets all see.

Thanks brothers and sisters for taking time to put those pictures up.
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by debosky(m): 8:44pm On Jul 28, 2008
Houstony3k is bitter, but beneath that bitterness is a lot of sense

70% of these pictures are all of Abuja - does the whole of Nigeria live there? How many pictures of Kubwa, Nyanya and other 'burbs of Abuja do you even see in these pictures?

Ok we have a city that we can tout as being 'modern' to compete with the rest of the world. But is that where the majority of Nigerians live? If we are so satisfied in having Abuja and Lekki/Victoria Island in Lagos as the only good parts of the country, then we have a VERY long way to go.

We need to sit up and smell the coffee - there is a whole lot more to Nigeria than glossy pictures of Abuja, and that is the daily reality of more than 90% of the population.

That said, these pictures are still a representation of Nigeria, albeit not the complete picture (no pun indended) grin
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Sammy107d(m): 11:30pm On Jul 28, 2008
alright this thread is now boring. we keep repeating the same thing. im out.
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by vvvjustice: 2:00am On Jul 29, 2008
Gamine:

i never replied to your post.

i replied YOU.

As a man thinketh, so he is undecided
Except if "f" represents male, otherwise, you're looking for a man's trouble cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin.
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Sammy107d(m): 2:13am On Jul 29, 2008
Oh wow she's a she!,.,.,.,.,   she's some she,  grin
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by thando(f): 11:04am On Jul 29, 2008
nice, real nice. i also watched this program on tv showcasing the capital city abuja, i was surprised this was actually in nigeria considering the way u'll always complaining as if nothing good ever happens.
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Gamine(f): 11:07am On Jul 29, 2008
Abi ooh, people talk as if good never happens

if good no dey happun, i for don already reach SA na

someone where only good dey happun tongue tongue
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by londoner: 11:34am On Jul 29, 2008
I never heard one person posting pics claim that the whole of Nigeria looks like that. If they had, I would understand the complaints, but nobody even made that suggestion in the first place, lol
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Arnold1(m): 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2008
Palms Mall, Lekki Lagos

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Arnold1(m): 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2008

Lagos Marina

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (38) (Reply)

Lithuania Student Visa / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / General UK Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.