Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,173 members, 7,953,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:32 PM

Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures (292932 Views)

Tracking Traffic In Nigeria Through Twitter! / Nigeria Through The Eyes Of A Keke Driver / Nigerian Woman With Record Heroin Haul Arrested In US -nigeria No Dey Carry Last (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by BabaTony: 12:35pm On Jul 29, 2008
if i may ask, is nigeria  lagos and abuja. enough of this deceit, i want to see pictures from all parts of nigeria, form sokoto to akwa ibom to delta to maidugri and zamfara etc, enough of shopping malls and government offices in lagos and abuja.
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Arnold1(m): 12:35pm On Jul 29, 2008
BabaTony:

if i may ask, is nigeria lagos and abuja. enough of this deceit, i want to see pictures from all parts of nigeria, form sokoto to akwa ibom to delta to maidugri and zamfara etc, enough of shopping malls and government offices in lagos and abuja.

There are pictures from places other than lagos and abuja on this thread. I uploaded pictures from Akwa Ibom
and Cross River (Obudu Resort) just yesterday. Click on the previous pages to view them.

Lagos pictures wink

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by tboy1(m): 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2008
BabaTony:

if i may ask, is nigeria  lagos and abuja. enough of this deceit, i want to see pictures from all parts of nigeria, form sokoto to akwa ibom to delta to maidugri and zamfara etc, enough of shopping malls and government offices in lagos and abuja.

Mr man, what deceit r u talking bout?
Go through the pics from page 1 and stop making unnecessary comments. . .

@ Arnold1
nice pics bro
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Gamine(f): 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2008
Some people just like Mental Constipation sha
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Mustay(m): 2:20pm On Jul 29, 2008
it's a capital T tongue
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Gamine(f): 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2008
The guy just dey worry

i wonder wetin i do am o undecided undecided
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by chiegemba(f): 10:31am On Jul 30, 2008
Am so impressed though wink. . . . thanks 2 everyone who posted a pic/ pics smiley
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Arnold1(m): 3:57pm On Jul 30, 2008
Calabar Pictures

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Arnold1(m): 3:58pm On Jul 30, 2008
Calabar Waterfront Park

Prep for an event at Calabar Stadium

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Gamine(f): 4:00pm On Jul 30, 2008
omo men!!

dis place is too tight oooo
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Mustay(m): 5:44pm On Jul 30, 2008
Calabar na fne place na!
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Arnold1(m): 7:34pm On Jul 30, 2008
Aso Rock Presidential Villa, Abuja

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Gamine(f): 11:59am On Aug 01, 2008
smiley
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Arnold1(m): 4:02pm On Aug 01, 2008
Lagos Pictures

(note the new BRT buses in blue and red)

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Arnold1(m): 4:30pm On Aug 01, 2008
Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State

[center][/center]

[center][/center]

[center][/center]

[center][/center]
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Arnold1(m): 8:35pm On Aug 02, 2008
Victoria Crown Plaza Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos.

This is a new 5-star hotel in VI. Their service is reputed to be one of the
best not just in lagos, but the whole of Nigeria.

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Arnold1(m): 9:00pm On Aug 02, 2008
Port Harcourt

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Arnold1(m): 10:32pm On Aug 02, 2008
See live picture of Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja, Lagos

http://www.swiftng.com/Ikeja/Ikeja.htm
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by maxell(f): 10:38pm On Aug 02, 2008
Impressive ! Really Nice pictures !!
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by KB1(m): 12:52pm On Aug 03, 2008
I wonder how long its been since those complaining have been to Nigeria. undecided I say this because they speak as though nothing is changing when in reality, even me as an American who's visited Nigeria during the military ruled period in the 90's and in 2001 shortly after its return to a democratic nation and again at the beginning of this year, could see clearly that the nation is progressing rather nicely. The only really faltering area in which everyone mentions is the inability of the government to establish a program in which would see new power plants built and old ones successfully refurbished, increasing the nations electrical supply to sufficient levels. The OBJ administration drastically underestimated just how insufficient the nations electrical demand is and would grow to be, and bureaucracy in the VIRGIN new democratic government made for a server lack of experience to be able to handle the mammoth problem with the establishing of fast and effective plan in a timely manner.

OBJ and other honest entities in his administration openly admitted to their dropping of the ball in the power sector; though one must admire the fortitude of the man to make sure that he managed to at least see through the creation of an effective plan to resolve the issue prior to him leaving so that the the leader who followed after him could simply just go ahead and begin implementing it to scale. That's Yar'Adua, and Yar'Adua in my opinion is just not the right man for the job. He's a good man and all, though he seems too timid, to lay down the hammer like OBJ and get shit done. It's only now that he's getting around to implementing the power plan, with the provision of some $3Bill dollars for the project and a massive increase in bids for private companies to come in and begin power production. This should have been done the first week in office, but hey, at least it is finally getting done. He's cancelled OBJ's wonderfully structured national health care plan in which would of seen hospitals and clinics built in the rural regions of the nation for the first time, and gov. subsidized care with several billion $ worth of federal backing insuring it. The reason for the cancellation is Yar'Adua managed to allow some careless fool in his staff to talk him into thinking that their wasn't enough money to fund the program; that's complete bull because OBJ's administration already set aside the money for it start, and with the nation receiving a steady 7% rice in GNP yearly the program could easily be continued to be funded.

Yar'Adua seems to lack gumption, though slow in his actions he seems to be getting some nice things done, though in al reality it not him but the less mentioned state governors of many Naija states whom are making the greater difference in the nation today. It's really do to them that the nations is progressing so fast. The past state elections have brought into many of the states a stock of very talented and actually caring governors. Fanshola in Lagos is, I believe, the MVP of governor of the year so far. He's done and is continuing to do an amazing job of cleaning up that Mega Metropolis mess know as Lagos. From trash disposal, to power generation to housing accommodations to hotel provisions, to job creation, crime control, to affordable and reliable public transportation, to road infrastructure improvement, to organizing the chaos in which loomed under the bridges and flyovers of the city, to the Airport; he is rapidly making emence change in the Metropolis. It looks multiple times cleaner and inviting already, and it's only been several months since getting in office.

But it's not just in Lagos that such change and growth is taking place, and it's not just in Abuja either. All over the nation small scale and mega alike, developments are being constructed as we speak and load more are about to be started and even more nearing completion in their design and financial securing processes and will begin to be developed within the next couple of years. Mega foreign companies, such as Kia Motors developing a car manufacturing plant in the south east in which will produce affordable vehicle for the entirety of the West and Central African market out of that plant. Tens of thousand of Nigerians will be employed directly and indirectly via the operations of that plant, also Peugeot Motors plant in Kaduna is in the final stages of going back into operation with the production, and Steyr motors has also revved up production. Other Auto makers and in the plans now to bring their operations to Nigeria as well. Significance of this is that, Auto plants secure tens of thousands of jobs each.

The DICON institute, the nations sol weapons manufacturer, after years of being under military governance and mothballed for that time, has been revamped by the gov. using the nations Army engineers and now the plant produces the vast majority of the nation's military's and police's small arms rifles and munitions. It'll soon begin developing its larger arms and munitions as well. Do to outstanding reform in the nations banking industry, the nation has now Africa's second largest banking industry behind South Africa, and at the rate it's growing it won't be long before it surpasses that of South Africa in which the same way as the nation's telecommunications industry has done within just the past couple of years to become the continents largest and fastest growing. The nation has Africa's current largest construction industry, and it is one of the fastest growing in the world, as office buildings, roads, railways, dams, homes, hotels, power plants, refineries, LNG plants, Auto plants and everything else is currently being developed in the nation in mass.
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by KB1(m): 1:53pm On Aug 03, 2008
NATIONAL CULTURAL CENTER

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by KB1(m): 2:35pm On Aug 03, 2008
Abeokuta

wink
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by KB1(m): 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2008
Abraka, Nigeria

Ogunu Residential Area
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by benincitys(f): 10:48am On Aug 04, 2008
kib  is that you and wife?
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by landis(m): 11:09am On Aug 04, 2008
KB1,

when was that Oluma Rock pic taken?

I thought the Governor modernise the whole tourist place?
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Arnold1(m): 9:16pm On Aug 04, 2008
Novotel, Port Harcourt

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by BabaTony: 11:38am On Aug 05, 2008
i like the pictures from lagos , Abuja,port harcourt, but i really want to see the also the everyday life , landmarks, shops,malls, roads, etc from every other part of nigeria, niaja is a very big place.
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by IncaGold(m): 10:42pm On Aug 05, 2008
@houstony3k,
very soon your eyes go clear for yankee (it's obvious you just land!) No doubt Nigeria is backward and things aint the way they're suppose to be, but hey things will improve and we're working for a better nigeria.
See crusader, you they abroad and you claim to represent the underpriviledge? I dont get it. Most of us have seen both sides on Nigeria, both good and bad (mind some of us have also see the bad sides of yankee and jand first hand! and not based on hearsay).
Nigeria go survive, if you dont have any positive thing to say, pls just keep your frustration to yourself.

Lovely pictures, i must say
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by Busybody2(f): 1:13pm On Aug 06, 2008
Why all this pussyfooting around this person of a pussyclot called Houstony undecided Is Nigeria this bad that people can't read again? This is a post your picture thread for f*ck sake. And she (Miss I too know) had the gall to call people a fuckhead shocked

The person was so eaten up and entrenched in bitterness or was she just so plain dumb undecided that she missed post 486, 507, 508 and 518 showing the ugly side she was bleating on and on and on about.

She is in Yankee my large backside, this one wey no fit afford cameraphone, shio. The bleeding thread was started by an African American lady who implored everyone to post their everyday picture in order to get a clue of what Nigeria looked like.

Miss I-Too-Know, I would have directed you to go and peddle your wares/rants in the politics section, but seeing as you don't do politics, I am gonna open a grievance and rant section on your behalf for you to go and vent your spleen. Hey can you take Mr DoKnowitall with you too. Misery loves company. cheesy

@all

Can we have more aesthestically pleasing pictures please.

@Siena

The reason Houstony could get away with her message is solely attributed to that thick anatomy of yours, so kindly leave my message be too. kiss Did I tell you that you are my most favourite person and the most balanced individual on Nairaland grin

Or was it the V6 engine that fell on your head, whilst walking under the ladder, that is responsible? Naa it's the thick bakassi cheesy tsk tsk tsk
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by oIo(m): 5:46pm On Aug 06, 2008
u'all want to see d everyday life in lag?, look no further!!
pics in details:
1. smuggling rice inside bonnet, culdnt biliv when i saw it too
2. the downloader pirate
3. this guy was good at advertising his mixture which can "mokole gan ooo"
4. this is obvious gbana + kai kai

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by oIo(m): 5:49pm On Aug 06, 2008
lastma and okada area boys,  leeches!! (u can't see the lastma? look at the side mirror!  lol)
this mixture claims to cure every!!

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures by oIo(m): 6:01pm On Aug 06, 2008
And this sums up nigeria,  "A Ray of Hope even in Twisted Darkness"

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (38) (Reply)

Lithuania Student Visa / General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.