Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

I feel Cheated - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I feel Cheated (6565 Views)

I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! / My Wife Misbehaves Because I Cheated On Her. / My Marriage Life , (I Feel Cheated) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I feel Cheated by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 02, 2013
slimyem: Holier than thou people too plenty for this section..and all na lie.undecided
This man na correct aka-gum.
His type is well known.
Money for essentials go hard am because his wife is independent.
Na she go suffer am.
His money go be his own money and her money will be theirs!
If it was some random babe demanding or expecting some responsibilty,she can be thrashed for being a long throat but not a fiancee or gf of for years.
She deserves better!!

maybe i'm being simple here - but when someone complains that her boyfriend did not replace her stolen phones and bought himself an ipad then there is a problem - she didn't say she feeds him and he NEVER gives her money or buys here stuff - from my understanding of the first post she only mentioned these things to assume that he will leave her to pay house rent and school fees is taking it a bit too far.

anyway everyone knows how they manage their own.

there is a difference between a man not buying BB and buying food for the family

1 Like

Re: I feel Cheated by honeric01(m): 12:08pm On Feb 02, 2013
slimyem: Holier than thou people too plenty for this section..and all na lie.undecided
This man na correct aka-gum.
His type is well known.
Money for essentials go hard am because his wife is independent.
Na she go suffer am.
His money go be his own money and her money will be theirs!
If it was some random babe demanding or expecting some responsibilty,she can be thrashed for being a long throat but not a fiancee or gf of for years.
She deserves better!!

Why not let the OP answer series of questions asked her so far?

why jump the gun assuming you know the real deal in the relationship?
Re: I feel Cheated by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 02, 2013
Sounds more like a sensible man to me.

And 40k iPad? @OP Please where did he get it from?
Re: I feel Cheated by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 02, 2013
honeric01:

The guy na stingy ko! cheesy

I dey even suspect you too @honeric!

Don't be aka gum! Learn to give out when someone needs help. It's not even about being smart...it's all about caring.

Give when you know someone needs it, this world we are just guest o!

Learn to give!
Re: I feel Cheated by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 02, 2013
To all the Stingy kos of nairaland!

#Godiswatchingyou!

She lost something, what stops you from giving her a tiny little money to support her buy a new phone for herself. Even if she is not related to you! It's called care.

And you call yourself my fiancé.

Fiancé gbakwa oku!

Nansence!

2 Likes

Re: I feel Cheated by honeric01(m): 12:23pm On Feb 02, 2013
Vikin:

The guy na stingy ko! cheesy

I dey even suspect you too @honeric!

Don't be aka gum! Learn to give out when someone needs help. It's not even about being smart...it's all about caring.

Give when you know someone needs it, this world we are just guest o!

Learn to give!

Well i am prudent with money, but i give when necessary and when i have.
Suspect me as long as you want but that does not change the fact about a woman expecting the man to give out money for "trivial" things.

Maybe the lady spends beyond her means and the guy's not cool with that.

He earns 8 times more than her yet she's using the gadgets of 80k or even more.
Trying to show class when she's hurting in the process, if it was easy to buy such phones, why then is she crying because she's the one buying it herself (her own phone o).

Now, back to the question.

How are you sure the guy doesn't take up more responsibility for her apart from this phone of a thing she's talking about?

We know some women are like parasites expecting you to take care of everything for them.

Let the OP tell us if her man doesn't add anything to her life financially apart from this phone of a thing.

4 years and all she could talk about is phone? people should reason!
Re: I feel Cheated by greedie1(f): 12:25pm On Feb 02, 2013
and its sad cz wen ple come here seeking for advice, its because dey really need it..
some ple ll follow d advice to der detriment, adding to their troubles...
Re: I feel Cheated by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 02, 2013

Hmmmmm! That got me thinking as well.
Re: I feel Cheated by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 02, 2013
The phone is just an example to show the insensitivity of the supposed fiancé.

You may call it prudent but I call it stingy!

If my fiancé is in the OP shoe, I would have given him my own sef!

You know all these are vanity when you misplace some items or some expensive things are stolen from you.

Yes, it's good to be prudent in spending but certain things should be overlooked if you wanna live long and enjoy this life!

6 Likes

Re: I feel Cheated by honeric01(m): 12:37pm On Feb 02, 2013
Vikin: The phone is just an example to show the insensitivity of the supposed fiancé.

You may call it prudent but I call it stingy!

If my fiancé is in the OP shoe, I would have given him my own sef!

You know all these are vanity when you misplace some items or some expensive things are stolen from you.

Yes, it's good to be prudent in spending but certain things should be overlooked if you wanna live long and enjoy this life!
Let the OP tell us if her man is this all round or just for "trivial" things like phone.

I believe she's got a father, mother and she works too, until they're married, there's nothing she can force on the man financially.

some men invest financially in their women in other valuable things, while others take up the phone and gadgets aspect.

My GF once complained about me not "taking her out more", i studied her and i got to know she was the "forgetful" type. i sat her down, outlined what and what i have done for her financially and otherwise. she was apologetic and ever since then, anything i do for her, she gets very appreciative of them.

Mind you, i am in a non-sexual relationship and it's almost 4yrs now.

so go figure.

1 Like

Re: I feel Cheated by slimyem: 12:42pm On Feb 02, 2013
cotton101:

maybe i'm being simple here - but when someone complains that her boyfriend did not replace her stolen phones and bought himself an ipad then there is a problem - she didn't say she feeds him and he NEVER gives her money or buys here stuff - from my understanding of the first post she only mentioned these things to assume that he will leave her to pay house rent and school fees is taking it a bit too far.

anyway everyone knows how they manage their own.

there is a difference between a man not buying BB and buying food for the family
The complain isn't about him not replacing her phone...but his insesitivity.
I'm guessing all he said was "eeyah" and "sorry dear"-empty emphaty..only to go spoil himself shortly afterwards.
The phone example is probably one out of many instances too.
Its been four years..she knows him enough to know he is stingy for real.
Her posting it here is her asking if it is or its nothing to be worried about.
Re: I feel Cheated by Nobody: 12:42pm On Feb 02, 2013
honeric01:
Let the OP tell us if her man is this all round or just for "trivial" things like phone.

some men invest financially in their women in other valuable things, while others take up the phone and gadgets aspect.

My GF once complained about me not "taking her out more", i studied her and i got to know she was the "forgetful" type. i sat her down, outlined what and what i have done for her financially and otherwise. she was apologetic and ever since then, anything i do for her, she gets very appreciative of them.

Mind you, i am in a non-sexual relationship and it's almost 4yrs now.

so go figure.

My guess would have been you are just making this up to balance your argument.

Then again, it's your story, believe it or not for you to remember things you do for her shows your person. There are things I don't look into while in relationship. It should come naturally, and I will never bring it up when there is an argument.

If her guy was all around MAJOR things I wonder why she will bring the trivial things like phone as an example.

1 Like

Re: I feel Cheated by tellwisdom: 12:42pm On Feb 02, 2013
bizgirl: Hello my family member kindly put me through in case i am wrong. I am in a relationship for over 4 years now ãn̶̲̥̅̊đ if based on my fiance's plan we should have been married by now but somethings are not really so clear to me hence this thread. i observe that my finace is so stingy.let me be briefed,i was robbed in may last year in which i lost almost 80k including my phone of 20k.this man just pet me ãn̶̲̥̅̊đ leave me to myself after which he bought his own BB.i have to buy a BB torch 1 by myself ãn̶̲̥̅̊đ when i challenged him he gave flimsy excuses. Now a month after my new BB was also stolen ãn̶̲̥̅̊đ i was forced to still go for another one without his dime again but today i saw my guy with a new i-pad worth 40k ãn̶̲̥̅̊đ since then i have been crying cos i feel so cheated. My annoyance is that his salary is abt 8 times mine. I have decided not to tell him my grievinces again because it might be termed as being nagging. Pls What do i do again.

Ole undecided
Re: I feel Cheated by slimyem: 12:48pm On Feb 02, 2013
honeric01:

Which gun am i jumping?
Aren't you assuming too..?
..or aren't you saying maybe the lady spends beyond her means?
...or didn't you see where someone else assumed the man is saving towards marriage even though the op didn't expressly state that..?
Abeg,we are all assuming until the op comes to answer the questions..undecided

1 Like

Re: I feel Cheated by honeric01(m): 12:49pm On Feb 02, 2013
Vikin:

My guess would have been you are just making this up to balance your argument.

Then again, it's your story, believe it or not for you to remember things you do for her shows your person. There are things I don't look into while in relationship. It should come naturally, and I will never bring it up when there is an argument.

If her guy was all around MAJOR things I wonder why she will bring the trivial things like phone as an example.

Make what up? i have no time for that, i am only stating facts and figures. yes, i needed to remind her because she was taking these things for granted and i believe the op and most women think this way.

When you do things for them financially or otherwise, they believe it's your responsibility even though you're not married to them, they have parents, live with them and infact you don't even demand sex or anything in return.

Yes, women bring up trivial things just like the op (i suspect), if not, let her come and tell us if the man is all round.

Lastly, imagine her even using the title "i feel cheated", isn't that an insult to what true relationship should represent? maybe she's sleeping with her man and believes the reward for doing that should be the man taking care of all her needs. angry
Re: I feel Cheated by honeric01(m): 12:51pm On Feb 02, 2013
slimyem: Which gun am i jumping?
Aren't you assuming too..?
..or aren't you saying maybe the lady spends beyond her means?
...or didn't you see where someone else assumed the man is saving towards marriage even though the op didn't expressly state that..?
Abeg,we are all assuming until the op comes to answer the questions..undecided

You're concluding but for me, i am not, rather i am using the word "maybe" "what if". hope you can now spot the difference?

the difference between people you quoted and yourself is that you're concluding while we aren't.

2 Likes

Re: I feel Cheated by Mrsmansson(f): 1:21pm On Feb 02, 2013
Why all this so much pretence on NL about independence. my ex sch mate is dating a medical officer,she is not working yet,but has done series of interview and hoping to get soon.this guy doesn't even assit her with a dime.her responsibility is now on me.I give her some of my used wears.get some things for her,even transport fare for interviews.shebi dat one na independence.someone is stingy and you guys are faking.

3 Likes

Re: I feel Cheated by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 02, 2013
Let us focus on the fact that she didn't just demand for a phone oh before calling her a gold digger.
She lost her phone and money, 2 different things, when I lost my own phone the first thing my fiance then said when I objected to him giving me his own phone was "How am I going to speak with you"
She didn't just demand for a phone I would not support that, she lost her phone, he didn't even say let me get her a phone to manage he went to buy himself a phone, that's first class uncaring

2 Likes

Re: I feel Cheated by Busybody2(f): 2:00pm On Feb 02, 2013
Hmmm, watching the thread in 4D motion, sifting through the chaffs and sorting the hunted's from the hunters lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Back to the "other thread" again to check if it is really Chaircover and Greatgod2012............
Re: I feel Cheated by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 02, 2013
Mrs mansson: Why all this so much pretence on NL about independence. my ex sch mate is dating a medical officer,she is not working yet,but has done series of interview and hoping to get soon.this guy doesn't even assit her with a dime.her responsibility is now on me.I give her some of my used wears.get some things for her,even transport fare for interviews.shebi dat one na independence.someone is stingy and you guys are faking.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I feel Cheated by slimyem: 2:15pm On Feb 02, 2013
honeric01:

You're concluding but for me, i am not, rather i am using the word "maybe" "what if". hope you can now spot the difference?

the difference between people you quoted and yourself is that you're concluding while we aren't.
concluding,assuming,specuilating,insinuating...all na use of english.I know what i see and interprete.i read in between lines and its enough to back up my submission.
There's no point making excuses here except you are purposely choosing to ignore the obvious.
This man doesn't care and his actions are loud enough to say so!!
There's no point being in a relationship if your partner(male or female) can't be or pretend to be your safety net in times of trouble especially not after four years!
Re: I feel Cheated by honeric01(m): 2:19pm On Feb 02, 2013
slimyem: concluding,assuming,specuilating,insinuating...all na use of english.I know what i see and interprete.i read in between lines and its enough to back up my submission.
There's no point making excuses here except you are purposely choosing to ignore the obvious.
This man doesn't care and his actions are loud enough to say so!!
There's no point being in a relationship if your partner(male or female) can't be or pretend to be your safety net in times of trouble especially not after four years!

But she said he "petted her" and showed concern but didn't give her money to get a new phone.

I still would want to know if the man is all round or just not into buying phone.

Let the OP tell us if he doesn't commit to her financially in other ways, then we'd know if the man is stingy or not.
Re: I feel Cheated by raqueal(f): 2:31pm On Feb 02, 2013
My man is almost what the op described. I wouldn't say that he is stingy because he buys me occasional gifts but seldom makes moves to offer financial support.
Just like cc said,he is God fearing and scores high in other important areas apart from this. It bothers me occasionally but I have learnt to pay my own bills and accept him just the way he is. I don't hope for a change but if it comes,I'll be glad.
Re: I feel Cheated by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 02, 2013
victorian: Some Empowered women here are always screaming, they don't need a man's money, they can take care of themselves, while dating.. All na lie.. For how long, will u continue to always buy things with your money without him, giving u anything.. His job is to have s3x , eat your food, smile a toothless smile, saying u r the best of them all, then dust yansh waka... Story. angry.. Some women should stop fooling themselves. Op , if the guy is stingy.. Pls drop him, cos u will be the only one caring for yurself, even after marriage.. Av bn in a stingy relationship before. I was carried away by love, saying but I earn my own cash, y depend on him. Few weeks to finalise our marriage plans , I asked him a simple question.. That, dear u know av never asked u for money since we have been dating and uv not given me a dime since we started dating. Lets assume, am broke during our years of marriage, will u assist me? Will u help me out? He told me , with a straight face, No I won't... I was so shocked.. I asked why? He said because I have a job, that's better than his, so why shud he give me money, if am down. Can u imagine?
I angrily told him its over between us, to he'll with his marriage plans, am out. I cried throughout that nite sha o. But
Thank God , I made that choice... Am married to another guy , who is among the best of them cheesy.. Nice, caring.. Doesn't care abt my money, and sure takes care of me ,,our home financially....
Op, he is not worth the stress..and also be very careful on how u handle yur phones.

My dear that kind tori tire meooooooo.
Re: I feel Cheated by greatgod2012(f): 2:38pm On Feb 02, 2013
Busy_body:

Hmmm, watching the thread in 4D motion, sifting through the chaffs and sorting the hunted's from the hunters lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Back to the "other thread" again to check if it is really Chaircover and Greatgod2012............

and which thread is that?
I cant eat up my words, i mean what i wrote here and i wrote what i mean. I, personally dont subscribe to receiving anything from a boyfriend(not husband), so, i cant feel bad if he doesnt buy me anything.
Well, maybe because i never found myself in op's situation, i never see any reason for complaining dt my Bf didnt buy something 4 me, which even if he did, i wouldnt collect. So, to me, no big deal.

@somebody, i wish to know dt other thread that i've been inconsistent. Thanks.

P. S........... Im not used to argument on a thread, i just post my comment and move away or betterstill read other pple's comments, perhaps i will have something to learn therein, but i just need to reply this particular one.
Shalom!
Re: I feel Cheated by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 02, 2013
I think the op should answer some of the questions dt av been raised here. Chief among them is that raised by Chaircover...which is that all the while they've been together, if she needs stuffs that're neccessary, does he help out I cannot blame him for not buying a blackberry for you, for God's sake, he is not your father but there must have been more important instances that should have pointed out to you if he'z being stingy or prudent....I think the op should clear that before pple make assumptions and conclusions.
Re: I feel Cheated by Oahray: 3:41pm On Feb 02, 2013
honeric01:
Now, back to the question.

How are you sure the guy doesn't take up more responsibility for her apart from this phone of a thing she's talking about?

We know some women are like parasites expecting you to take care of everything for them.

Let the OP tell us if her man doesn't add anything to her life financially apart from this phone of a thing.

Damn, I like this! Every coin has two sides and even an edge. How is it she mentions only the phone side?

Four years of dating and only two cases of not replacing her phone and money, therefore he is stingy and uncaring? SINGLE STORY!
Re: I feel Cheated by Busybody2(f): 3:57pm On Feb 02, 2013
greatgod2012:

and which thread is that?
I cant eat up my words, i mean what i wrote here and i wrote what i mean. I, personally dont subscribe to receiving anything from a boyfriend(not husband), so, i cant feel bad if he doesnt buy me anything.
Well, maybe because i never found myself in op's situation, i never see any reason for complaining dt my Bf didnt buy something 4 me, which even if he did, i wouldnt collect. So, to me, no big deal.

@somebody, i wish to know dt other thread that i've been inconsistent. Thanks.

P. S........... Im not used to argument on a thread, i just post my comment and move away or betterstill read other pple's comments, perhaps i will have something to learn therein, but i just need to reply this particular one.
Shalom!

If you can be bothered to read what i wrote again after you have calmed down, you would see that I wasn't talking about "you" nor "speaking" against you...
Re: I feel Cheated by ifyalways(f): 3:59pm On Feb 02, 2013
Oahray: Damn, I like this! Every coin has two sides and even an edge. How is it she mentions only the phone side?

Four years of dating and only two cases of not replacing her phone and money, therefore he is stingy and uncaring? SINGLE STORY!
I think its different issues here.I think the most important and negative attitude here is his being insensitive not really stingy.He can choose not to buy her a new phone really,but must he change and upgrade his own phone within that same period?He couldnt wait or at worst upgrade to a better phone and get his babe a Nokia torch?

So assuming she goes visiting a friend morrow without informing the dude or his consent and something bad happens,dudes presence is needed,the guy wont come/show face/help because she didn't inform him or he warned her not to go?Is this our definition of tough love?I think not. undecided This type of guy would be clubbing while his babe is on admission in the hospital.

1 Like

Re: I feel Cheated by greatgod2012(f): 4:15pm On Feb 02, 2013
Busy_body:

If you can be bothered to read what i wrote again after you have calmed down, you would see that I wasn't talking about "you" nor "speaking" against you...

then, my apologies!
Re: I feel Cheated by damiso(f): 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2013
I think OP poster should answer some of the questions raised BUT the guys seems stingy.Its not about being a leech as the OP seems ok with buying the stuff for herself.Its just the non-chalance and seeming selfishness he exhibits towards his fiancee and someone he has been dating for four years.When you love someone you want to make things right for the person and they dont need to ask(i hate asking people for stuff).

I dont want to believe its just about BB(that seems childish) but lil lil things.My younger sis was ill in the hospital for two weeks and her bf then came to see her on his way back from work.He kept coming empty handed.My sis is covered at work by Insurance so her bills are taken care of(he is just a bf so not even asking him to pay the bills) but not even 50 naira oranges.Or lucozade boost or even something just small.See am not emphasising on the cost or what it is its just the thought.My mum noticed,i noticed and my sister herself acknowledged that he was kinda stingy.Always thinking of himself only.Needless to say they have broken up but not just cos of that.

See me complaining that my hubby does not get me proper vals gift but I know from his actions right from when we were dating that he always wanted to make me comfortable.My mum was visiting the UK back then and never used to have a mobile cos she felt she did not need one.He asked whats mummy mobile no and i said she does not have one dont mind her she is doing ijebu call her on her cousins land line.When he came down to see her from manchester he came with a phone with a sim card and loaded with £10 credit.And he was a student.It was one of this Old Nokias then nothing fancy.It was just the thought behind it cos he said she was never home when he called.

1 Like

Re: I feel Cheated by baby124: 4:24pm On Feb 02, 2013
My dear, I know how you feel. The most repulsive type of human being is a stingy person. Especially when you are a giver. Just leave him alone abeg. Me, I can't be with a stingy person, because if I have, I give to my other half. Even without him asking if I feel he needs it, and I have it. He would also do the same for me 10times over. I don't even have to complain. Abi you are the stingy type too. Honestly, if this type of person makes you this unhappy. Rethink the whole thing o. Some men in marriage will rather spend on their fantasies than on their family.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

HELP!!! I Just Caught A Scorpion In My Kids Bathroom. / I Don't Know What To Do......suggestions Please / What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.