Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Nairaland Detection Club - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Detection Club (55064 Views)

Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 09, 2013
semid4lyfe: @ Larry, hope this won't you distract you from updating The Paradox of Abel?

Anyway, good first chapter. . .liked it
i can't believe u asked him dt question, we all knw witout this story,he has already forgotten the paradox.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 1:16pm On Feb 09, 2013
brokoto: Ishi can you pls check the date for your update again? If possible write it on a piece of paper and carry it 'everywhere you go'. We wouldn't want you to go on energy saving mode around that time o.
Lol. You have a very good point there. I will check the date and set a reminder on my phone. cheesy
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 1:20pm On Feb 09, 2013
Damex333: i can't believe u asked him dt question, we all knw witout this story,he has already forgotten the paradox.
No, I haven't. I shall update in the morrow.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by MaziOmenuko: 3:33pm On Feb 09, 2013
Honestly, the dream part in the first update knocked my plan A off balance. My plan A was simple: when you all complicate this work with your complex settings and plots, I will just wake the main character up from a dream and start the whole plot afresh, with my own style shaa gringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 3:37pm On Feb 09, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Honestly, the dream part in the first update knocked my plan A off balance. My plan A was simple: when you all complicate this work with your complex settings and plots, I will just wake the main character up from a dream and start the whole plot afresh, with my own style shaa gringringringrin

heheheheheee
Dreamer boi!
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 3:37pm On Feb 09, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Honestly, the dream part in the first update knocked my plan A off balance. My plan A was simple: when you all complicate this work with your complex settings and plots, I will just wake the main character up from a dream and start the whole plot afresh, with my own style shaa gringringringrin
Forgive me for thwarting your plan. cheesy
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by jiraiyas: 3:39pm On Feb 09, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Forgive me for thwarting your plan. cheesy
Dats gud for him lol
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:50pm On Feb 09, 2013
Larry-Sun:

u said wen the 10th of february clocks u will be done with the Sequel but it looks like Home @ last will be completed before the sequel. I won't be suprised if you don't update hosane
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by jiraiyas: 4:11pm On Feb 09, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: u said wen the 10th of february clocks u will be done with the Sequel but it looks like Home @ last will be completed before the sequel. I won't be suprised if you don't update hosane
Is not his fault rili ,@times u ve d plan bt u get pin on putting it down, @least it happens bt cme mr larry do update oh!
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Splendblex(f): 8:58pm On Feb 09, 2013
Larry-Sun:

yipeeee! U did a great job uncle Larry,talkin abt d club stuff.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by frank317: 11:58am On Feb 11, 2013
in order not to disappoint, i had to update today, cos i might be very busy tomorrow. hope i didnt break the law
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 12:02pm On Feb 11, 2013
frank3.16:
in order not to disappoint, i had to update today, cos i might be very busy tomorrow. hope i didnt break the law
Well, you somehow did, but it's cool. Gives the next writer more time to prepare.
That stuff you posted is...WOW! The plot definitely thickens grin
However, it seems as though you wrote the chapter in haste...some errors were staring at me therein (and you didn't title your chapter). Good work though.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by jiraiyas: 12:07pm On Feb 11, 2013
frank3.16:
Mr larry shud tell ,bt frank u did great ,u worked on only one pointer frm larry(out of many he highligted) ,u were tellin a story d whole time rather dan work on d timeline(make us understand a bit of d very plenty pointers laid out). All d same tanx ,i enjoyed it
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 12:24pm On Feb 11, 2013
Dat was a 9ce piece.. But what troubles me is how the next writer is qoinq 2 xplain the stranqe phone nos(maybe customized).. Anyway qud work.. NEEEXXXTTT
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Oahray: 12:43pm On Feb 11, 2013
Nice one frank. Besides the fact that you didn't exactly thicken the plot (more than it already was), and some irregularity in tense used on some occassions, its a nice follow up. Thumbs up!
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 12:53pm On Feb 11, 2013
Let us all remember that he also laid down some pointers for the next writers to work on.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by YellowMosquito(m): 12:53pm On Feb 11, 2013
DId you guys leave me behind... COmmon, make una carry me follow body angry angry angry
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:55pm On Feb 11, 2013
Nice piece Frank

Can't wait to convert Tracy into mother Teressa grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:58pm On Feb 11, 2013
Oahray: Nice one frank. Besides the fact that you didn't exactly thicken the plot (more than it already was), and some irregularity in tense used on some occassions, its a nice follow up. Thumbs up!
I love your siggy
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 1:01pm On Feb 11, 2013
Yellow_Mosquito: DId you guys leave me behind... COmmon, make una carry me follow body angry angry angry
You wanna join in?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Oahray: 1:01pm On Feb 11, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I love your siggy
thanksie smiley
Larry-Sun:
Let us all remember that he also laid down some pointers for the next writers to work on.
em... Uhmmm... True.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by YellowMosquito(m): 1:20pm On Feb 11, 2013
Larry-Sun:

You wanna join in?

Yup... I think so... I will join
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 1:25pm On Feb 11, 2013
Yellow_Mosquito:

Yup... I think so... I will join
Okay, I shall include your name.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by YellowMosquito(m): 1:54pm On Feb 11, 2013
Larry-Sun:

**Dancing Azonto** grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 2:07pm On Feb 11, 2013
Larry-Sun:

nooo.. Lucan qo chanqe 2 mosquito...
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by YellowMosquito(m): 2:11pm On Feb 11, 2013
Rap maestro: nooo.. Lucan qo chanqe 2 mosquito...

Hahahahahaha

Says who... You seem not to have figured out the person behind this moniker abi grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 2:25pm On Feb 11, 2013
Not bad Frank, not bad at all. A few points to note, however. When writing, please ensure consistency of tenses. Larry's chapter one had tense consistency, chapter two doesn't. Let subsequent writers endeavour to maintain consistency because anything less than that will make the whole work read shabby. Frank, I also suggest you go back and proof read your work because of the glaring erros, as well as change the tenses to ensure fluidity. Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Can I suggest something? This work is obviously set in Nigeria, Africa. Let us stick to Afrocentric names, or Jewish names e.g John, Jephtah, Salome, Mary etc. I am saying this from the point of view of the average reader. When I listen to the news or read the papers, I don't come across names like Jack or Tracy, I see names like John, Toun, Anike, Chilo, Chiejine, Mukhtarr etc Let the reader be able to connect with the story through familiar names and terms. When I read foreign detective novels, the writers infuse their stories with local colour, and so should we, the young, budding writers.

My 50 kobo sha, so its your prerogative to take it with a pinch of salt if you so please. We are all different with our individual styles. I just thought I should make a suggestion. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 2:27pm On Feb 11, 2013
Yellow_Mosquito:

Hahahahahaha

Says who... You seem not to have figured out the person behind this moniker abi grin grin grin grin
Red Moss welldone o. So you want to contribute twice abi? Notin do you
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by jiraiyas: 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ishilove: Not bad Frank, not bad at all. A few points to note, however. When righting, please ensure consistency of tenses. Larry's chapter one had tense consistency, chapter two doesn't. Let subsequent writers endeavour to maintain consistency because anything less than that will make the whole work read shabby. Frank, I suggest you go back and proof read your work because of the glaring erros, as well as change the tenses to ensure fluidity. Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Can I suggest something? This work is obviously set in Nigeria, Africa. Let us stick to Afrocentric names, or Jewish names e.g John, Jephtah, Salome, Mary etc. I am saying this from the point of view of the average reader. When I listen to the news or read the papers, I don't come hear names like Jack or Tracy, I see names like John, Toun, Anike, Chilo, Chiejine, Mukhtarr etc Let the reader be able to connect with the story through familiar names and terms. When I read foreign detective novels, the writers infuse their stories with local colour, and so should we, the young, budding writers.

My 50 kobo sha, so its your prerogative to take it with a pinch of salt if you so please. We are all different with our individual styles. I just thought I should make a suggestion. cheesy
You gat good point ma'm
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by jiraiyas: 2:47pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ishilove:
Haa redmos?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 2:48pm On Feb 11, 2013
With the names suggestion, Ishilove has just hit the nail on the occiput. In addition, we shouldn't create characters with too mouthful names. I think our characters shouldn't carry more than three-syllabic names. Names like Ada, Funmi, Uche, Chima, Abigail, Hakeem and Daniel are short and precise (please I've already used these names in my Brand Of Cain work. No need to re-use them). There is quite an oeuvre of names to employ. Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 2:49pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ishilove:
He's not Redmosquito.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (76) (Reply)

Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) / Restless...story Of A Survivor. / A Strange Love (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.