Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Nairaland Detection Club - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Detection Club (55061 Views)

Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 9:33pm On Feb 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
What is the long post for? Humble is in.......no question about that.

Leave her name there, she gets like this a lot so don't bother
HumbledbYGrace: who is Mazi

I tried contacting you offline but to no avail...Iam sorry I failed you.
You guys are confusing me.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 9:36pm On Feb 11, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: who is Mazi

I tried contacting you offline but to no avail...Iam sorry I failed you.

Babes, is it Mazi's raunchiness that bothers you?

Would you rather switch places with me? Would that make it easier for you?

If that be the case, then no sweat. I can handle Mazi's er....er... Excesses cheesy
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:44pm On Feb 11, 2013
Larry-Sun:

You guys are confusing me.
that's how we roll

On a serious note nobody scared me off here.

Just an emotional blackmail! M good to go
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Mynd44: 9:49pm On Feb 11, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: that's how we roll

On a serious note nobody scared me off here.

Just an emotional blackmail! M good to go
SMH
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by whitemosquito(f): 10:20pm On Feb 11, 2013
maclatunji: Larry-Sun, make your writing simple. Yes, you are trying to be descreptive but you are overdoing it. The part of 'like a mating chihuahua' was just gross. Find a more
appropriate simile.

Frank 3:16, watch your tenses. Writing literature is different from speaking English. Then again, I think you guys are rushing too much- think and feel your character's emotions not just: "Gbram! I can write, let me start tapping my keyboard and hit the 1,000 mark.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by whitemosquito(f): 10:22pm On Feb 11, 2013
GOD BLESS YOU SIR!!!
maclatunji: Larry-Sun, make your writing simple. Yes, you are trying to be descreptive but you are overdoing it. The part of 'like a mating chihuahua' was just gross. Find a more
appropriate simile.

Frank 3:16, watch your tenses. Writing literature is different from speaking English. Then again, I think you guys are rushing too much- think and feel your character's emotions not just: "Gbram! I can write, let me start tapping my keyboard and hit the 1,000 mark.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by whitemosquito(f): 10:25pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ma'am, u just won my respect.
Efemena_xy:

Uh..huh, I do.

Even world renown best seller authours / writers have people who review and critique their work...and they can be quite brutal in their assessment.

We as writers all need some measure of critism of our work. Or how else do we improve? For example, rather than say: "That piece was difficult to comprehend", it's better to say: "Incorporating some spacing, paragraphing and punctuation at *** and *** would make your piece easier to read and comprehend..."
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 11, 2013
Larry-Sun:

As crude as your words sound, I think you're right. I will correct the comparison error. Yes, one of the main functions of this thread is to have people point out our errors so that we may improve.
Thanks Mac.
Bless you.
I don't think you made a comparison error. The fact that it sounded gross to one person doesn't mean its gross to others. Being word sensitive is different from pointing out errors in usage of expressions.

And by the way, his criticism of Frank was harsh, especially the last sentence.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by whitemosquito(f): 10:49pm On Feb 11, 2013
Sir, hav u heard of tough love? It is my experience that a writer improves only when he/she is challenged to bring out the best. You do not molly cuddle writers, it wil stifle the growth of the talent. Yl der is a necessary place for encouragement, professionals wil tel u dat writers are by nature sensitive so more often than not dey wil be offended by criticism but the hands that bathe the baby, must also massage it. A Well rounded writer is one who is able to harness emotions like anger, disappointment etc and channel it into his work. U cant write wat uv not felt. One who wants to improve his craft must expect even welcome criticism, however it is dished out, hot or cold. So it is wit The Arts- poetry, novel writing, painting name it.
brokoto: I don't think you made a comparison error. The fact that it sounded gross to one person doesn't mean its gross to others. Being word sensitive is different from pointing out errors in usage of expressions.

And by the way, his criticism of Frank was harsh, especially the last sentence.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 10:57pm On Feb 11, 2013
I'll read the story update tomorrow! Too tired! I'm resuming tomorrow by the way! sad
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:58pm On Feb 11, 2013
white mosquito: Sir, hav u heard of tough love? It is my experience that a writer improves only when he/she is challenged to bring out the best. You do not molly cuddle writers, it wil stifle the growth of the talent. Yl der is a necessary place for encouragement, professionals wil tel u dat writers are by nature sensitive so more often than not dey wil be offended by criticism but the hands that bathe the baby, must also massage it. A Well rounded writer is one who is able to harness emotions like anger, disappointment etc and channel it into his work. U cant write wat uv not felt. One who wants to improve his craft must expect even welcome criticism, however it is dished out, hot or cold. So it is wit The Arts- poetry, novel writing, painting name it.
we are all entitled to our own opinions

Have you ever looked into Frank's work? Every writer has his or her own style of writing and we can't all write like Larry. If that's what people are expecting then tickets are sold out!
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:59pm On Feb 11, 2013
Redmosquito: I'll read the story update tomorrow! Too tired! I'm resuming tomorrow by the way! sad
good night grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Mynd44: 11:05pm On Feb 11, 2013
Redmosquito: I'll read the story update tomorrow! Too tired! I'm resuming tomorrow by the way! sad
So?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 11, 2013
white mosquito: Sir, hav u heard of tough love? It is my experience that a writer improves only when he/she is challenged to bring out the best. You do not molly cuddle writers, it wil stifle the growth of the talent. Yl der is a necessary place for encouragement, professionals wil tel u dat writers are by nature sensitive so more often than not dey wil be offended by criticism but the hands that bathe the baby, must also massage it. A Well rounded writer is one who is able to harness emotions like anger, disappointment etc and channel it into his work. U cant write wat uv not felt. One who wants to improve his craft must expect even welcome criticism, however it is dished out, hot or cold. So it is wit The Arts- poetry, novel writing, painting name it.
"Gbram! I can write, let me
start tapping my keyboard and
hit the 1,000 mark" -Maclatunji

I still think it was harsh.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:09pm On Feb 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
So?
not necessary
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 11:11pm On Feb 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
So?
Did I mention ur name? abi dem send u? Tell them say u no see me oooo! undecided
angry angry angry
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Mynd44: 11:11pm On Feb 11, 2013
brokoto: "Gbram! I can write, let me
start tapping my keyboard and
hit the 1,000 mark" -Maclatunji

I still think it was harsh.
Did you just type/say harsh? Not it was not harsh, it was careless and insulting but as I said/typed earlier, I ain't Frank
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Mynd44: 11:13pm On Feb 11, 2013
Redmosquito:
Did I mention ur name? abi dem send u? Tell them say u no see me oooo! undecided
angry angry angry
Go search for attention elsewhere dude. I hear the romance section has a thread where the ladies are uploading their pictures....go knock yourself out
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 11:18pm On Feb 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
Go search for attention elsewhere dude. I hear the romance section has a thread where the ladies are uploading their pictures....go knock yourself out
Dude! What I do is none of your business! I'm attention starved! yes! I need ur attention! Are u happy now? undecided
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Mynd44: 11:27pm On Feb 11, 2013
Redmosquito:
Dude! What I do is none of your business! I'm attention starved! yes! I need ur attention! Are u happy now? undecided
grin grin grin grin grin grin
**yawns**
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by whitemosquito(f): 11:27pm On Feb 11, 2013
HBG. We cant al write alike. Infact we MUST not write alike! dey are BASIC ingredients to every soup, some may apply pepper or salt sparingly others freely, but it MUST be der.so it is wit any literature. In music every note must be sounded properly or u go flat. My point is u eida learn to use criticism, or forever remain an amateur!
HumbledbYGrace: we are all entitled to our own opinions

Have you ever looked into Frank's work? Every writer has his or her own style of writing and we can't all write like Larry. If that's what people are expecting then tickets are sold out!
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 11:34pm On Feb 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
**yawns**
Mynd! I noticed the subtleties in your post, the fact that I didnt choose choose to acknowledge them does not mean I was blind to them. If u wanna joke, watch the limits! Even I, no matter how jovial I seem, have limits. I'm too tired this evening for emotional outbursts!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ignore the smileys! I'm dead serious!

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:34pm On Feb 11, 2013
white mosquito: HBG. We cant al write alike. Infact we MUST not write alike! dey are BASIC ingredients to every soup, some may apply pepper or salt sparingly others freely, but it MUST be der.so it is wit any literature. In music every note must be sounded properly or u go flat. My point is u eida learn to use criticism, or forever remain an amateur!
amateur HBG will be just because she won't take nonsense....MXM!

We can cross-night over this but nothing will change! Frank will not be Larry's copycat. I know a good writer when I see one and trust me, even with my grade1 expirience I know my stuff. Damn I forgot you were rooting for my spot.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 11:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
^^ Crazy babe grin grin grin

What does MXM mean?? tongue
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by whitemosquito(f): 11:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
Lolz. Ya space? I dash u! By the way ppl my bdays 2mao. Oops. In some mins! Yaaaaaaaay! Runnin up and down thread.
HumbledbYGrace: amateur HBG will be just because she won't take nonsense....MXM!

We can cross-night over this but nothing will change! Frank will not be Larry's copycat. I know a good writer when I see one and trust me, even with my grade1 expirience I know my stuff. Danm I forgot you were rooting for my spot.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:44pm On Feb 11, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Crazy babe grin grin grin

What does MXM mean?? tongue
lol Efe

It means mtcheew! That's how its pronounced down here
white mosquito: Lolz. Ya space? I dash u! By the way ppl my bdays 2mao. Oops. In some mins! Yaaaaaaaay! Runnin up and down thread.
may u grow more wings dear, my siggy is dedicated to u...happy hatched day tongue
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by whitemosquito(f): 11:51pm On Feb 11, 2013
But seriously. Within every nonsense ders a sense. Soyinka once said show me a writer who cant take criticisms and ill show u a dying talent. Dey say u write too many words, sit down wit an OPEN mind and edit urself....A. Christie can convey d most impressions AND information in a 10 -word sentence. Improve! Pocket the pride! Wen u become a Pulitzer or Nobel winner, u wil not nid to sing ur praises, CNN'll do it for u.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by whitemosquito(f): 11:53pm On Feb 11, 2013
I know! I took it as a sign dat im gonna b famous on NL. Buhahahahaha. Chanks o jare!
HumbledbYGrace: lol Efe

It means mtcheew! That's how its pronounced down heremay u grow more wings dear, my siggy is dedicated to u...happy hatched day tongue
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:58pm On Feb 11, 2013
white mosquito: I know! I took it as a sign dat im gonna b famous on NL. Buhahahahaha. Chanks o jare!
I should have known...a good friend once told me that people are advertising themselves on NL. Well your a good example of that but I just wonder what happened to your old moniker . That's if you have one, I won't blame u for trying though.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:01am On Feb 12, 2013
white mosquito: But seriously. Within every nonsense ders a sense. Soyinka once said show me a writer who cant take criticisms and ill show u a dying talent. Dey say u write too many words, sit down wit an OPEN mind and edit urself....A. Christie can convey d most impressions AND information in a 10 -word sentence. Improve! Pocket the pride! Wen u become a Pulitzer or Nobel winner, u wil not nid to sing ur praises, CNN'll do it for u.
Pity I don't know Soyinka, do a sister a favour and show her the ropes please. Looks like good criticism comes from nigeria after all.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 12:06am On Feb 12, 2013
@mactunji, wat u said is an insult 2 frank, he has a way of describing his characters,. @white moss, wat he said is not criticism its am insult,do u knw wat whizkid did 2 tonto dike wen she sang ha song,is dt also a critic,or wat ppl said a prince,so there is a abi diff btw critic and insult. Pls dont confuse them 2geda. He accept critic but not insults.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by whitemosquito(f): 12:06am On Feb 12, 2013
Dont hav one. Rili and truly. Not red moss. Rili and truly.
HumbledbYGrace: I should have known...a good friend once told me that people are advertising themselves on NL. Well your a good example of that but I just wonder what happened to your old moniker . That's if you have one, I won't blame u for trying though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (76) (Reply)

Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) / Restless...story Of A Survivor. / A Strange Love (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.