Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,926 members, 7,821,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time (14574 Views)

Seun Kuti: ''Bring Metuh In Chains Next Time'' / El Rufai And His Son Observe Sallah Prayers With Muslim Faithfuls In Kaduna.pics / INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by youngies(m): 9:30am On Feb 04, 2013
Okija_juju:

Christianity is Dead.. #Period!!

Not correct sir!

CAN is DEAD, not Christianity
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by EagleNest(m): 9:30am On Feb 04, 2013
Okija_juju: No wonder the Catholic Church has distanced itself from this Christian Terrorist Organization of Jet flying and Jesus-Pimping Political Pastors..

Imagine threatening a Mallam.

Even Jesus when he was cornered by the Romans in Gethsemane didnt fight back, When he was booed, spat on and ridiculed at his trial didnt curse anyone, when he was whipped didnt threaten anyone, but look at so-called Pastors of Today!!

Christianity is Dead.. #Period!!

Seriously? Just mark my word...CHRISTIANITY WILL NEVER DIE.NEVER!
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Biggyd2: 9:31am On Feb 04, 2013
okpara ugo:

CAN is not a political pressure group nor a social conscience crusader nor a political activist.

CAN is defending their belief against a reckless intruder. Pls stop this PDP rubbish.

Sir, I don't know who you are referring to because i don't know where I mentioned PDP in my post. Mallam Rufai has apologized for retweeting something CAN deem offensive and it is not enough for them? Who are they to say NO to his apology? GOD? Let God fight his battle. This is escalating beyond what it is and you believe they should continue? Again, we have enough problems as it is and we shouldn't create unnecessary ones. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Agrika: 9:32am On Feb 04, 2013
This notice-me mallam has finally been noticed
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by gistme24(m): 9:32am On Feb 04, 2013
One of the reasons we Catholics pulled out of this PDP led CAN. We are not animals, we don't make threats.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Oahray: 9:33am On Feb 04, 2013
okpara ugo:

CAN is not a political pressure group nor a social conscience crusader nor a political activist.

CAN is defending their belief against a reckless intruder. Pls stop this PDP rubbish.
CAN is religio-political. Any unbiased eye can see it. How do you explain the way they romance political figures at the slightest opportunity they get? Why would they threaten a person? Even if he blasphemes, does vengeance not belong to God anymore. At times, I get the belief that religious leaders do not actually believe in the power of the God they profess.

It just sucks that they would do throw threats like the muslims. It becomes worse when blind 'christian' fanatics defend them.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by kushe: 9:36am On Feb 04, 2013
The Jesus I know didn't send these people message.God can fight for himself and tells us to hold or maintain our peace while he fights for us.Jesus never advocated violence and even rebuked Simon Peter for cutting off the ear of one of those that had come to arrest him.People that really know God know this is a joke and has a political undertone.Let us not dragGod into our politics,he is not our puppet that we can use to intimidate others with contrary views to ours,he is JEHOVAH ,the all sufficient God of war.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by tjskii(f): 9:37am On Feb 04, 2013
Make CAN go siddon for dustbin jare,as if they av d power to guarantee anyonez safety,feeling lik thyre relevant,this el rufai matter is a closed case,d guy alredy apologizd,dunno why they keep stirring up the embers,abi r they indirectly askin xtian youths to take up arms once anyon yarns dust against dia religion,cos me no com undstnd again angry

2 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Oahray: 9:42am On Feb 04, 2013
Okija_juju: Christianity is Dead.. #Period!!

How many pastors are truly christians in the first place?

Jesus said love your enemies and pray for those persecuting you. Many churches today pray for their enemy to 'die by fire'.

Jesus said do not store treasures upon the earth. Many pastors are busy buying jets and the best of cars with the folly of their members.

Jesus said return your sword to its place, for he who kills by the sword will perish by the sword. CAN is busy threatening El-Rufai.

Christianity is not dead. The fake christian churches and associations are the ones dead in their hypocrisy.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 04, 2013
I never knew Nigerians to be this st*upid. I mean, I knew we could be quite dumb but dang!! Are y'all fvcking kidding me??

How was El Rufai's tweet a diss to Jesus or his body(bride), common y'all!! And the initial comments on this thread and the previous one concerning this issue is mind blowing, are you guys that moronic??!! Are u meaning to tell me you all can't get the message in his tweet?? Are y'all meaning to tell me that you can't detect the sarcasm and the people he is actually dissing with that tweet. Can't y'all tell he's making fun of the three guys?(Maki, Abati, Okupe) Do I have to explain the tweets to u guys??!!

I'm close to tears, imagine the amount of st*upid people walking on the streets of my country.....Chei!!

I should not even talk about Nigerian Christianity talk less of CAN right now.

8 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by RICHIEBOI1(m): 9:44am On Feb 04, 2013
That pint sized guy called El rufai should stop making careless and unguided utterance .if it was a muslim that made that blasphemous comment by now all hell would have been let lose.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Biggyd2: 9:45am On Feb 04, 2013
Shollypopz: I never knew Nigerians to be this st*upid. I mean, I knew we could be quite dumb but dang!! Are y'all fvcking kidding me??

How was El Rufai's tweet a diss to Jesus or his body(bride), common y'all!! And the initial comments on this thread and the previous one concerning this issue is mind blowing, are you guys that moronic??!! Are u meaning to tell me you all can't get the message in his tweet?? Are y'all meaning to tell me that you can't detect the sarcasm and the people he is actually dissing with that tweet. Can't y'all tell he's making fun of the three guys?(Maki, Abati, Okupe) Do I have to explain the tweets to u guys??!!

I'm close to tears, imagine the amount of st*upid people walking on the streets of my country.....Chei!!

I should not even talk about Nigerian Christianity talk less of CAN right now.

THEY DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND! HERD MENTALITY AT WORK!

3 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Mexyz(m): 9:45am On Feb 04, 2013
Dnt knw wat u all re sayn,bt all i knw is dat they(CAN) re givn out d warning nw,nobody seems to be takn it seriously. I knw wat they are doing to calm d nerves of xtian youths in kd,Goningora to be precise, El rufai might nt be lucky next time.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by tchaik(m): 9:48am On Feb 04, 2013
EagleNest:

Seriously? Just mark my word...CHRISTIANITY WILL NEVER DIE.NEVER!

Evidently, you are not a good student of HISTORY
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by subnormal: 9:51am On Feb 04, 2013
I think you guys have missed the point. i agree that El rufai's retweet only insulted the FG's propaganda machinery, but he should have given it a deep thought before posting such in our deeply polarised society. He should have considered how deeply nigerians feel about their religion and refrained from posting it, this i believe is the point that CAN was trying to make
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by templeinyou(m): 9:52am On Feb 04, 2013
could any body give me CAN's email ID pls. CAN should know that they not the not to fight 4 Christ. With de way they are going, they are bringing shme to de body of Christ.
pls let dem stop that
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Oahray: 9:52am On Feb 04, 2013
Biggyd2:

THEY DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND! HERD MENTALITY AT WORK!
I know the crossdresser who liked this post grin
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Mexyz(m): 9:53am On Feb 04, 2013
Yes,we can't fight for Jesus,bt i dnt think sme xtian youths wl knw dat if he (el rufai) mke such a joke again. Secndly Pls u all shud pray for d 'FOOD BASKET OF D NATION' I see dat state going up in flames,it wl affect naija as a whole if it does happen.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 04, 2013
subnormal: I think you guys have missed the point. i agree that El rufai's retweet only insulted the FG's propaganda machinery, but he should have given it a deep thought before posting such in our deeply polarised society. He should have considered how deeply nigerians feel about their religion and refrained from posting it, this i believe is the point that CAN was trying to make

No, what he failed to consider was how deeply st*upid Nigerians are and their inability to decipher simple English. That simple tweet is obviously too complex for most Nigerians. It's a pity, so sad!

4 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Biggyd2: 9:55am On Feb 04, 2013
Oahray: I know the crossdresser who liked this post grin

Good on you then. wink grin
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by muktarmtt(m): 9:58am On Feb 04, 2013
Waz wrong wit dis ppl he is not d one who tweet it he jst retweet it nd he oplogize so wat d Bleep did dey want do ur worst haters mtsw.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by marod(m): 9:59am On Feb 04, 2013
El Rufai only retweeted (liked) the tweet. Wasn't the one that composed it. Its like somebody commenting here on Nairaland and I just did this grin.What about the person that actually composed the tweet. This is absurd because he apologised to his 'retweet' that same day.
RICHIE BOI: That pint sized guy called El rufai should stop making careless and unguided utterance .if it was a Christian that made that blasphemous comment by now all hell would have been let lose.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by donsax: 10:00am On Feb 04, 2013
Our Yansh:

Can't you see that CAN is trying to fan the embers of hate and religious intolerance??

Has CAN ever condemned the corruption and profligacy that has become the hallmark of the PDP-led FG??

Has CAN ever condemned the FG for failing to deliver it's electoral promises, failing to secure the lives of Nigerians, failing to provide basic infrastructure and failing to fight corruption..??

Didn't you read about the reason why The Catholic church pulled out of CAN??

CAN has become an Instrument of the PDP to be used to fight perceived enemies..

Shame on CAN and the Bling-Bling flaunting thief at the helm of CAN's affair....
Why would can condemn corruption? Should can be involve in politics? Leave papa ori alone jor let the man breath.....I guess you are a catholician...
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Oahray: 10:03am On Feb 04, 2013
subnormal: I think you guys have missed the point. i agree that El rufai's retweet only insulted the FG's propaganda machinery, but he should have given it a deep thought before posting such in our deeply polarised society. He should have considered how deeply nigerians feel about their religion and refrained from posting it, this i believe is the point that CAN was trying to make
El-Rufai and CAN are both wrong in their own ways. In a country facing religious tension, full of complete illiterates and sheep-brained religious fanatics, he should not have retweeted when someone used that kind of analogy. Maybe he's forgotten he is a public figure. The fact that he is muslim completes the evidence case file of conspiracy theorists. Truth is, if someone had used the muslim faith to make a dig at Abati, Maki and Okupe, he would not have retweeted it with that much zest.

As for CAN, they can continue to 'guarantee' someone's safety, as if they can even guarantee theirs.

1 Like

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Okijajuju1(m): 10:05am On Feb 04, 2013
youngies:

Not correct sir!

CAN is DEAD, not Christianity

CAN is that largest single association of Christians in Nigerian.. All your Jet flying Pastors are members.. So is CAN is dead, Chrsitianity is dead.. Or let me rephrase;

Pentecostal Christianity is Dead
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by SamMilla1(m): 10:09am On Feb 04, 2013
I hate this CAN more and more with each word that they utter. How can they not understerdand what El-Rufai was trying to say. Can't someone made a negative reference to Religious figures anymore. Google ' jesus jokes' or 'pope' jokes or even 'God Jokes' and see thousands of jokes written by the same white men who sent the rope called Bible to tie our necks.

I know they are trying to protect their various source of income cos i am sure if they really care about God and his ways, they would have been tackling hunger and corruption.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by gregg2: 10:12am On Feb 04, 2013
I think this is a strong warning to that bigot.
A word is enough for the wise.
Bakare may not be able to save him then.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by OurYansh: 10:13am On Feb 04, 2013
donsax: Why would can condemn corruption? Should can be involve in politics? Leave papa ori alone jor let the man breath.....I guess you are a catholician...

It's obvious you know next to nothing about CAN. If that's the case I'll suggest you do some research about their activities before you comment, else you'll find ur ignorance exposed for all to see...
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 04, 2013
All ds MALU pple........ El rufai was totally wrong...bt hes attitude is acceptable by 90% MALU pple...imaging its a xtian dat retweeted a tweet abt muhamadu,probably even saying dat hes a pedophileeeeee(if u knw d meaning,u would knw dat z evn true), heads would have been rolling.........malu...
Bt CAN z wrong too 4 treatining him, We are Christ like, we dont treatin
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by OurYansh: 10:31am On Feb 04, 2013
agabasam: All ds MALU pple........ El rufai was totally wrong...bt hes attitude is acceptable by 90% MALU pple...imaging its a xtian dat retweeted a tweet abt muhamadu,probably even saying dat hes a pedophileeeeee(if u knw d meaning,u would knw dat z evn true), heads would have been rolling.........malu...
Bt CAN z wrong too 4 treatining him, We are Christ like, we dont treatin

Product of a failed Educational System...

3 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by NOLONGTIN1(m): 10:31am On Feb 04, 2013
Biggyd2: CAN, I am begging you in the name of God, stop heating up this country. Practice what you preach, I beg and stop playing mr. or mrs. god!!!. come to think of it, how many of these pastors have the courage to tell the government that they are doing wrong when they err? Leave El-Rufai alone and look for positive things to do for this country.

How many Imam, alfas or sultans have the courage to tell the government that they are doing wrong?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ondo Executive And Legislative Members Play Football (Photos) / Mai Mala Buni: Dogara’s Return To APC Excites Buhari / Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.