Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time (14576 Views)

Seun Kuti: ''Bring Metuh In Chains Next Time'' / El Rufai And His Son Observe Sallah Prayers With Muslim Faithfuls In Kaduna.pics / INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by lacasa: 1:34pm On Feb 04, 2013
maclatunji:

Without moderation on the thread that reports such, the page would have reached page 6-8 by now, all full of very "civil" comments. #LOL

Hehehe!!! grin.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by blackmale1: 1:34pm On Feb 04, 2013
maclatunji: Imagine what the comments on this thread would have been if the story was: Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs Cannot Guarantee (A Christian's) Safety.

By the way, I don't blame the childish and bigoted commentators for such comments, I only blame we the Management of Nairaland for allowing them flood this website.

#LOL at some people. #Seriously
oh!!! u see something wrong with the management which u are part of and u are putting up with them anyway,Goosh, do the honorable thing that is lacking in Nigeria at the moment,RESIGN.....
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by alakid: 1:35pm On Feb 04, 2013
IS THAT MEANT TO BE A THREAT
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by sadiik45(m): 1:47pm On Feb 04, 2013
I wants to remind CAN leaders of smthing, i don't noe weda they knows or is just a selfish interest dat JESUS (peace be upon him) is also a great icon to we MUSLIMS dat deserve 2 be acknowledge. No muslim we insult will insult jesus(p.b.h) cos we respect him, nd islam does'nt support kill. Killing of single soul is lyk killing d entire humanity. Bt ur pastor close eyes nd put an inbuild function( hatred) in u guyz by pushn u 2 darkness. RELIGIOUSITY MUST BE PARK ASIDE
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by donpata(m): 1:48pm On Feb 04, 2013
Many of diz pple posting ignorant comments are just doing so coz dev neva crosd Abuja into d North - else, dey wont say what they say...
If u had seen muslims in Kaduna and Kano cut open a pregnant woman, kill d child nd leave d woman helpless;
If u had seen muslims in Jos and Bauchi use swords to slice a human being into 2; take snap shots nd post dem online;
If u had experiencd d pouring of hot groundnutoil on Christians in Zaria
If u had experienced d rape nd slitting of women's throat in Northern Kaduna;
If u had seen over 20 churches on fire in just one community;
If u had seen d offices of Mr. Biggs brought 2 d ground;
If ur brother passing 2ru a Muslim area in Jos had been dragged forcfully in broad day light; leading him 2 d gallows only 2 b saved by police men
If ur Relative ever went out bt never returnd bcoz he was set ablaze 4 being a Christina;
If u had experienced......

Just bcoz;
A cartoon of Mohammed was made in Denmark
A journalist made a joke abt Mohammed picking a wife among the 2003 miss world contestants
A so called pastor wanted to Burn d Koran in US

Then;
Many would not b saying wat dey ar saying..

I hope u undastnd where CAN is directing its anger.. Remember it was metamorphosed from Northern CAN...

Dat said, I was happy wen i saw el rufai's apology. But coming back with dat statement as quoted by CAN made me understand dat he only appologized 4 d sake of it bt not dat he mearnt it...
Peace.

1 Like

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
marod: El Rufai only retweeted (liked) the tweet. Wasn't the one that composed it. Its like somebody commenting here on Nairaland and I just did this grin.What about the person that actually composed the tweet. This is absurd because he apologised to his 'retweet' that same day.

In the first place he shouldn't have re tweeted that, knowing the uproar it would cause. He was just being mischievous. angry
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Amodemaja: 2:06pm On Feb 04, 2013
SamConquer: I WONDER WHERE THE CHRISTIAN CRUSADER'S ARE?? THIS MAN NEED 2 B SET ABLAZE...WHAT GAVE HIM THE TEMERITY TO STIL TWEET AGAIN...AL THIS UNIVERSITY CULTIST WIL BE WASTING THEIR TIME AND KILLING THEIR FELLOW BROTHERS.INSTEAD OF COMING 2GETHER 2 FORM A CHRISTIAN SECT.2GETHER WHERE BIGOTS LIKE EL-RUFAI AND HIS CO-HORT WILL BE DEALT WITH SEVERELY.

What is that suppose to mean? Is that to mean all university cultists are Christians. present urself well and don't say ambiguous sentences that can connote some negative impression.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by sadiik45(m): 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2013
4 does posting an insult against islam, dis is nt d 1st tym. QUR'AN the book prove the coming/message of JESUS (p.b.h) has already told us aboup u guyz. It wont start 4rm u nd it wont end 4rm u. Finally QUR'AN permit us 2 be patient of acquisition against us. DAT IS Y ISLAM GROW FASTER IN D WEST DAN HERE NIG COS THEY AR LIVING IN D DARKNESS. Pls critisize by reasoning.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by redsun(m): 2:37pm On Feb 04, 2013
Go fork yourselves terrorists and usurper CAN. You don't represe ntt no fleeping Jesus,you represent ignorance, greed,corruption and vanity(the devil) And your days of fundamental darkness and deciets are numbered,like the islamists.

On the other hand,el rufai is just another overblown kleptocrat that got away with his atrocities just because he had a bit of common sense to do some work that he was appointed to do in the first place.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by maclatunji: 2:41pm On Feb 04, 2013
black male:
oh!!! u see something wrong with the management which u are part of and u are putting up with them anyway,Goosh, do the honorable thing that is lacking in Nigeria at the moment,RESIGN.....

That would mean the death of Nairaland.grin So, would you like Nairaland to stop existing? I think not because that would make El-Rufai's offensive retweet look like a compliment by the time uncouth people from all divides descend on my section...
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by vislabraye(m): 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2013
sadiik45: I wants to remind CAN leaders of smthing, i don't noe weda they knows or is just a selfish interest dat JESUS (peace be upon him) is also a great icon to we MUSLIMS dat deserve 2 be acknowledge. No muslim we insult will insult jesus(p.b.h) cos we respect him, nd islam does'nt support kill. Killing of single soul is lyk killing d entire humanity. Bt ur pastor close eyes nd put an inbuild function( hatred) in u guyz by pushn u 2 darkness. RELIGIOUSITY MUST BE PARK ASIDE

Yes moslems respect Jesus right? Can you kill the followers of the person you respect? Whenever the name of Jesus is mentioned, anger starts flaring.
CAN should ignore the little man called Elrufai. Its just that everyone has access to social network that's why we see things like this.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Amodemaja: 2:55pm On Feb 04, 2013
donpata: Many of diz pple posting ignorant comments are just doing so coz dev neva crosd Abuja into d North - else, dey wont say what they say...
If u had seen muslims in Kaduna and Kano cut open a pregnant woman, kill d child nd leave d woman helpless;
If u had seen muslims in Jos and Bauchi use swords to slice a human being into 2; take snap shots nd post dem online;
If ur brother passing 2ru a Muslim area in Jos had been dragged forcfully in broad day light; leading him 2 d gallows only 2 b saved by police men
If ur Relative ever went out bt never returnd bcoz he was set ablaze 4 being a Christina;

Just bcoz;
A journalist made a joke abt Mohammed picking a wife among the 2003 miss world contestants

Leave those lawless animals that worship spirit of IGNORANCE and VIOLENCE for god. As if that Mohammed never married during his life time and yet the fools still hold him so sacred as to take precious lives because of a comment like 'Mohammed picking a wife among the 2003 miss world contestants'. what a pity, the bible said (in Rm 1:28-32 since they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them to reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient...).They are of reprobate and deprived minds.that was the way they beheaded a man because his wife use a paper with arabic inscription to clean her child's bum-bum.just check them out no matter their level of education, when it comes to their religion they will still behave barbaric. they will fight for their god. I can't worship the god that can not defend himself. I will rather worship a God that i can take refuge in, than a weak god that I will always have to fight for. its like they are stronger than their god.what an irony.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Paschal007: 3:15pm On Feb 04, 2013
horlatunde: Nevertheless, we must warn El-Rufai not to take Christians for granted and to inform him that it is with great difficulty that we have had to restrain our youths from taking the law into their hands; which by extension means bringing El-Rufai to justice on account of his incitement and insult against the Christian faith. We may not be able to guarantee this restraint the next time he makes any other explosive statement that impugns on the Person of Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. He is, again, warned to desist from playing this dangerous and deadly game of Russian roulette.
This guy is a joke. By youths he meant their political thugs? Cus no right thinking Christian youth would take to violence because of a tweet from one attention seeking Mallam. I don't even see anything offensive in the said tweet that they're trying to make a case out of. No wonder the catholic church pulled out of the clowns association of Nigeria. Did any pastor get to review this before that aboki Musa published it?
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Okijajuju1(m): 3:22pm On Feb 04, 2013
black male:
Pls remain in your shrine, who are u to pronounce Christianity dead. Some of u jst think its cool to diss Christianity to be seen as rational and civilized. El rufai was very disrespectful and someone has to tell him 2 shut the f.uck up

El-Rufai disrespectful you say?!

I dey laugh!!

He retweeted a joke.. "If Jesus criticizes Jonathan's govt, Maku/Abati/Okupe will say he slept with Mary Madgalene.”....LWKMD..... " Then you supposed Christians turn around and under the auspices of your group threaten his life.. And you think it makes you better than him?!

I dey laugh!
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by alakid: 3:29pm On Feb 04, 2013
donpata: Many of diz pple posting ignorant comments are just doing so coz dev neva crosd Abuja into d North - else, dey wont say what they say...

Just bcoz;
A so called pastor wanted to Burn d Koran in US

Then;
Many would not b saying wat dey ar saying..

I hope u undastnd where CAN is directing its anger.. Remember it was metamorphosed from Northern CAN...

Dat said, I was happy wen i saw el rufai's apology. But coming back with dat statement as quoted by CAN made me understand dat he only appologized 4 d sake of it bt not dat he mearnt it...
Peace.

Do you even know what went on in Jos? It would have been categorized as a genocide against so called settlers but we all know who owns the media. The truth is when christains do wrong, its no big deal on Nairaland but Muslims sneeze, and its a storm. Talk about being noble
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Akay25: 3:30pm On Feb 04, 2013
So sad that we still live in a world where somewhere will call a black thing blue for us and we will accept. Vast majority of our so called celebrated comedians are Christians, yet you find them cracking jokes with the name of Jesus (PBUH) and the so called men of god. I have not in recent times heard of any confrontation by CAN nor any church criticizing this. What makes the Mallam different from those comedians or because is a Muslim?
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by blackmale1: 3:42pm On Feb 04, 2013
maclatunji:

That would mean the death of Nairaland.grin So, would you like Nairaland to stop existing? I think not because that would make El-Rufai's offensive retweet look like a compliment by the time uncouth people from all divides descend on my section...
Ahh!! honorable C.E.O of nairaland, i salut you.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by JimmyBoy1: 3:49pm On Feb 04, 2013
The statement credited to CAN is unchritianlike, our own Jesus Christ does not require any lunatic or agbero fighting on behalf, to me El-Rufai comment should have been ignored. Christ never recruited fighter, he even reprimaded a disciple who tried to protect him during his arrest.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by BetaThings: 3:50pm On Feb 04, 2013
Shanshani: Death is ultimate as a Muslim I will not take anybody’s life but I am not afraid of death, the truth must be said. El-Rufai was not original owner, why going after shadows.
Salaam
Jesus, Prophet Isa (PBUH), should not be denigrated by anyone
If we cannot stop it, we should not be civil with whoever does so
Our actions should not be informed by what CAN does
We should condemn the irresponsible retweet by El Rufai
A Muslim does not sit with people who mock Allah and His messengers (PBUT), let alone repeating their taunts
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by chinakobo(m): 3:53pm On Feb 04, 2013
The catholic church is never wrong in taking decision. Thank God for that move.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by BetaThings: 3:54pm On Feb 04, 2013
esere826: We as xtians understand that Jesus wouldn't bother with El Rufai's statement

But we also understand that if someone (including El rufai) had publicly made such a statement with Mohamed as the subject
innocent 'infidel' heads would have already rolled in the islamic North of Nigeria

Rember: thisday riots; the slaughter of Gideon Akaluka and many more

We are also very sure that if such a 'blaspemy'-to-backlash event happens
Scholars of northen islamic extract like el rufai, Hannatu Musawa, Sanusi etc will wait a bit before condemning the killings
but then go on to rationalise crap about violent reactions to actions being expected when their prophet is blasphemed

For political balance, that none muslims might not be like sheeps meant for slaughter
CAN's warning is in order
We also know what happened at UI when a Christian went to mosque to disrupt Jumat service. Nothing happened
Why is it always the Christians who are provoking Muslims until this El Rufai blunder
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by BetaThings: 3:57pm On Feb 04, 2013
fr_evangel:

You forgot Mohammed is a false prophet according to the Bible!
Please don't go there
I can quote several insulting statements made by the Bible about Jesus Christ (PBUH)
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by BetaThings: 4:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
Oahray: oh, please! Pot calling kettle black. If it were truly reverse, how many muslims would have objected to the action of their council? None!

Now imagine that kind of thread was in your section, would you not have locked the thread and banned every bannable 'infidel' who dares to talk negative about Islam? At least, we have some christians who THINK the CAN was wrong on this one and they are not too AFRAID to say it.

The ability and willingness to reason, that is what differentiates Christianity and Islam.
So if I convert to Christianity today, I would instantly gain that ability
And those Christians who convert lose it immediately?

You don't know muslims. We disagree with our scholars. Nobody hides behind any cloak of anointing to escape criticism
And anyone who insults Allah and any of His Messengers (Mohammed, Jesus (Isa), Ibrahim, Musa PBUT) will be RIGHTLY banned
You can criticise SCIAN, JNI etc to your heart's content. No ban will fall upon you, I guarantee it, unless you use really offensive words even against fellow posters
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Ngwakwe: 4:04pm On Feb 04, 2013
Point of correction, there is a great difference between the Jesus which Christians adore and worship and the Jesus the prophet that Islam preaches.

Jesus Christ is God the Son according to Christianity, he died and rose up from the dead according to our bible.

However, the Jesus, Islam preaches is not God neither did he rise up from nor ascended to heavens in a bodily form.

Jesus Christ is not Jesus (PBUH) the prophet of Islam.

1 Like

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by BetaThings: 4:07pm On Feb 04, 2013
Mogidi:

^^^^
Try Mohammed or Allah jokes next time and see where it land's you.

LET A CHRISTIAN PUBLIC FIGURE RETWEET A JOKE ABOUT MOHAMMED AND THERE WILL BE MAYHEM FROM KANO TO KADUNA.

Call a spade a spade, if Abati had retweeted a joke aimed at Buhari with religious connotation Christians would be dying in their hundreds across northern states.

You are wrong my friend. There is a guy on NL - Jakumo - from SS. He has been abusing and calling Buhari Ayatollah and dirty names for ever

Please it is not Muslims fault that they care about Allah and His Messengers (PBUT)
A lot of people who laugh at Jesus' jokes would not laugh if somebody confronted them in person with same jokes about their dads
I have seen people caution posters here for insulting GEJ. And i believe those words of caution are appropriate
And I will not abuse any poster let alone their dad

What is so difficult about decorum?
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by blackmale1: 4:08pm On Feb 04, 2013
Okija_juju:

El-Rufai disrespectful you say?!

I dey laugh!!

He retweeted a joke.. "If Jesus criticizes Jonathan's govt, Maku/Abati/Okupe will say he slept with Mary Madgalene.”....LWKMD..... " Then you supposed Christians turn around and under the auspices of your group threaten his life.. And you think it makes you better than him?!

I dey laugh!

Yeah it dosen't make CAN any saner than el-rufai,the crop of the matter remains el-rufai knows the dust he will stir when he went with that tweet. Its just crazy when you guys say its only a re-tweet,your tweets are as good as your re-tweets no matter who u are quoting. Let this attention slurring El-rufia make an expensive joke that mentions muhammed let us see( u bet he wouldn't dare cos Muhammed is more sacred than Jesus)
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Okijajuju1(m): 4:19pm On Feb 04, 2013
black male:

Yeah it dosen't make CAN any saner than el-rufai,the crop of the matter remains el-rufai knows the dust he will stir when he went with that tweet. Its just crazy when you guys say its only a re-tweet,your tweets are as good as your re-tweets no matter who u are quoting. Let this attention slurring El-rufia make an expensive joke that mentions muhammed let us see( u bet he wouldn't dare cos Muhammed is more sacred than Jesus)

So you are now comparing yourself to the muslims abi?!

The point is simply going by biblical principles and dotrines, CAN is deadazz wrong to be issuing threats to El-rufai. CAN even lied when it said that Christians were agitating to go to war over his previous tweet. CAN in its bid to seek political relevance have actually gone against biblical principles.

El-Rufai has the right to say whatever pleases him. Secondly, the tweet was not even an insult to Jesus in any way, shape or form.

This is just busybody at its worst...

CAN should go back to preaching the word of God as the lord Jesus commanded his followers before he left earth.. So when I say that Christianity is dead, now you know what I mean. Many of you cant remember the last time you heard a gospel message that was simply just about pure christian morals and not about wealth.

People wey go full hellfire pass go be Christians.

1 Like

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by redsun(m): 4:30pm On Feb 04, 2013
CAN is a devilish association that glorifies Satan,that why they are afraid of free speech like the islamists. Their roots are dead,hence their desperation to cause havocs and gain some undue recognition.

Remember they say,only the guilty are afraid.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by akbtunes: 4:34pm On Feb 04, 2013
SamConquer: I WONDER WHERE THE CHRISTIAN CRUSADER'S ARE?? THIS MAN NEED 2 B SET ABLAZE...WHAT GAVE HIM THE TEMERITY TO STIL TWEET AGAIN...AL THIS UNIVERSITY CULTIST WIL BE WASTING THEIR TIME AND KILLING THEIR FELLOW BROTHERS.INSTEAD OF COMING 2GETHER 2 FORM A CHRISTIAN SECT.2GETHER WHERE BIGOTS LIKE EL-RUFAI AND HIS CO-HORT WILL BE DEALT WITH SEVERELY.IF NOT BY SETTING THEM ABLAZE.THEN MAIMING THEM...GUYS THINK ABOUT THIS.ISLAM HAVE NO RIGHT TO INSULT OUR RELIGION AND GO FREE.COS NOBODY INSULT THEIR'S AND GO FREE..!IF U BELEIVE IN WHAT I SAID LIKE THIS COMMENT..

1. El-Rufai ...retweeted a said tweet wt a LOL
2. the guy who sent the tweet is a christian (I am a Christian, too)
3. the real sense behind the tweet is that the GEJ regime (or betastill his cronies, Maku, Abatti and co) would instead of providing hard fact in response to citizens' criticism, say the darndest things
4. Pls refuse to be dragged into the shameful and irresponsible act of "defending God"
5. Try to read more
6. Ask more questions
7. Use ur brain (if you dont have, STFU)

PS: CAN and their spiritual fathers, PDP are the biggest joke in the history of mankind

shallom

1 Like

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Okijajuju1(m): 4:35pm On Feb 04, 2013
CAN is the Nigerian branch of Illuminatti..
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by maclatunji: 4:37pm On Feb 04, 2013
BetaThings:

What is so difficult about decorum?

Brilliant question.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 04, 2013
Okija_juju: CAN is the Nigerian branch of Illuminatti..
This is going too far, your previous posts made sense. Use your brain abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nuhu Ribadu Wins Adamawa PDP Governorship Primaries / I Transported N4.7bn Poll Funds For Obanikoro, Ex-aide Confesses / Amina Mohammed: A Woman Will Replace President Buhari In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.