Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time (14578 Views)

Seun Kuti: ''Bring Metuh In Chains Next Time'' / El Rufai And His Son Observe Sallah Prayers With Muslim Faithfuls In Kaduna.pics / INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 04, 2013
"If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic."

It is very difficult to see any similarities between CAN, and the person who made the above statement.

1 Like

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Biggyd2: 10:36am On Feb 04, 2013
NO LONG TIN:

How many Imam, alfas or sultans have the courage to tell the government that they are doing wrong?

Thank God you mentioned those as well! They all need to talk. Thanks for filling up the blanks wink
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by aku626(m): 10:37am On Feb 04, 2013
CAN should focus on the most important task which is winning more souls and leave the rest for God. If he feels there's no insult then let him dance wit his fate the battle is the Lords and not ours He is the Head of the church we can't tell him to fight his battles.

1 Like

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Ngwakwe: 10:39am On Feb 04, 2013
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are
ordained of God.

Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to
themselves damnation.

For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that
which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the
sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

Romans 13:1 - 5

Okija_juju: No wonder the Catholic Church has distanced itself from this Christian Terrorist Organization of Jet flying and Jesus-Pimping Political Pastors..

Imagine threatening a Mallam.

Even Jesus when he was cornered by the Romans in Gethsemane didnt fight back, When he was booed, spat on and ridiculed at his trial didnt curse anyone, when he was whipped didnt threaten anyone, but look at so-called Pastors of Today!!

Christianity is Dead.. #Period!!

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Orikinla(m): 10:44am On Feb 04, 2013
[size=28pt]ALL THESE MEMBERS OF CAN MAKING THESE THREATS ARE NOT CHRISTIANS, BUT FAKE PROPHETS.
WOLVES IN SHEEP CLOTHING![/size]

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by EagleNest(m): 10:47am On Feb 04, 2013
tchaik:

Evidently, you are not a good student of HISTORY

Mr tchaik, I am not sure What HISTORY you mean?
Historically yes CHristianity has been pressed hard but never crushed, not even Jezebel nor Saul (latter Paul), nor the Jews, nor the Arabs.
It is a light that cannot be consumed by darkness no matter what.
It can be battered as we see it happen in Nigeria today but it's root can never be destroyed.Believe Me!
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by omoalaro: 10:50am On Feb 04, 2013
I have not heard or read CAN said a word about the author of the original tweet who is a christian. They have been threatening El-Rufai and forcing everyone to think that he was the author of the tweet.
Shame.they are struggling to label the man as an enemy of the christians to satisfy the whims of their paymaster, the PDP.

1 Like

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by obailala(m): 10:57am On Feb 04, 2013
When Muslims in northern Nigeria strike over a comment made in a far far away country about their religion, we all say they are a bunch of illiterates who are most often also being misguided by some evil politicians.

Now regarding the tweet by El Rufai, are we Christians now trying to tell the world that we are equally illiterate buffoons who cannot not understand the meaning of a simple English sentence?

As for CAN, I don't want to believe they are a bunch of illiterates that is why I agree with the presumptions that the present leadership has been infected by the PDP bug. I sincerely would have expected CAN to be silent about this
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Orikinla(m): 10:58am On Feb 04, 2013
[size=18pt]
omo alaro: I have not heard or read CAN said a word about the author of the original tweet who is a christian. They have been threatening El-Rufai and forcing everyone to think that he was the author of the tweet.
Shame.they are struggling to label the man as an enemy of the christians to satisfy the whims of their paymaster, the PDP.

The young man only made a figure of speech which even God understood and would not react as these wolves in sheep clothing hypocrites are all hypocritically hysterical about. They have poor knowledge of English.
Nigeria is full of intellectually re-tar-ded people and that is why Nigeria is in this political mess today. I have already sent them my comments. NONSENSE![/size]
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by naptu2: 11:01am On Feb 04, 2013
Okija_juju: No wonder the Catholic Church has distanced itself from this Christian Terrorist Organization of Jet flying and Jesus-Pimping Political Pastors..

Even Jesus when he was cornered by the Romans in Gethsemane didnt fight back, When he was booed, spat on and ridiculed at his trial didnt curse anyone, when he was whipped didnt threaten anyone, but look at so-called Pastors of Today!!

+100
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by mathskill: 11:01am On Feb 04, 2013

1 Like

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by graceng: 11:04am On Feb 04, 2013
Please, what's with all the threat you've warned him good. No need to indirectly inflict that rage in the hearts of the youth just in case he plays stubborn and repeats it,then to really be a christian, you've done your best to warn and reprimand,so whatever he chooses to do, vengeance is of the Lord and how many times did the bible ask us t forgive again........

1 Like

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by hakanai(m): 11:25am On Feb 04, 2013
Mexyz: Dnt knw wat u all re sayn,bt all i knw is dat they(CAN) re givn out d warning nw,nobody seems to be takn it seriously. I knw wat they are doing to calm d nerves of xtian youths in kd,Goningora to be precise, El rufai might nt be lucky next time.

^^^^Sharap jor!!!Na so una dey carry think with stupidity.wetin concern Abuja road/commuters with el-rufai comments.All this road blocks una they use as weapon or strategy,the day it is balance na only pagans go they move for Kaduna or North.Make them do nah!!!Na today e start.They ginger come they calm.hypocrisy at its best.Anyway gradually people will soon know that political and religious elements are the killers of this nation.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by nocmig27: 11:32am On Feb 04, 2013
Our Yansh:

Can't you see that CAN is trying to fan the embers of hate and religious intolerance??

Has CAN ever condemned the corruption and profligacy that has become the hallmark of the PDP-led FG??

Has CAN ever condemned the FG for failing to deliver it's electoral promises, failing to secure the lives of Nigerians, failing to provide basic infrastructure and failing to fight corruption..??

Didn't you read about the reason why The Catholic church pulled out of CAN??

CAN has become an Instrument of the PDP to be used to fight perceived enemies..
Have you listened to CAN on Christmas day preaching?..Where he (CAN President) totally condemned FG for not living up-to expectations.
I think you dont verify your facts before writting, Catholic has denied any news linking to that.Dont write because others are writing or you come across any news without authenticity and post..

Shame on CAN and the Bling-Bling flaunting thief at the helm of CAN's affair....
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by maclatunji: 11:37am On Feb 04, 2013
Imagine what the comments on this thread would have been if the story was: Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs Cannot Guarantee (A Christian's) Safety.

By the way, I don't blame the childish and bigoted commentators for such comments, I only blame we the Management of Nairaland for allowing them flood this website.

#LOL at some people. #Seriously
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by maclatunji: 11:39am On Feb 04, 2013
obailala: When Muslims in northern Nigeria strike over a comment made in a far far away country about their religion, we all say they are a bunch of illiterates who are most often also being misguided by some evil politicians.

Now regarding the tweet by El Rufai, are we Christians now trying to tell the world that we are equally illiterate buffoons who cannot not understand the meaning of a simple English sentence?

As for CAN, I don't want to believe they are a bunch of illiterates that is why I agree with the presumptions that the present leadership has been infected by the PDP bug. I sincerely would have expected CAN to be silent about this

Look at the mirror, what do you see?
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by esere826: 11:42am On Feb 04, 2013
We as xtians understand that Jesus wouldn't bother with El Rufai's statement

But we also understand that if someone (including El rufai) had publicly made such a statement with Mohamed as the subject
innocent 'infidel' heads would have already rolled in the islamic North of Nigeria

Rember: thisday riots; the slaughter of Gideon Akaluka and many more

We are also very sure that if such a 'blaspemy'-to-backlash event happens
Scholars of northen islamic extract like el rufai, Hannatu Musawa, Sanusi etc will wait a bit before condemning the killings
but then go on to rationalise crap about violent reactions to actions being expected when their prophet is blasphemed

For political balance, that none muslims might not be like sheeps meant for slaughter
CAN's warning is in order
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by n0m0705(m): 11:43am On Feb 04, 2013
What have these people turned the body of christ to *SMH* there was nothing wrong/blasphemous about el Rufai's tweet, why are they making it an issue? Jesus christ would be ashamed of these people. You can't fight for God, let God fight for himself.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Lakayana: 11:43am On Feb 04, 2013
Our Yansh:

Can't you see that CAN is trying to fan the embers of hate and religious intolerance??

Has CAN ever condemned the corruption and profligacy that has become the hallmark of the PDP-led FG??

Has CAN ever condemned the FG for failing to deliver it's electoral promises, failing to secure the lives of Nigerians, failing to provide basic infrastructure and failing to fight corruption..??

Shame on CAN and the Bling-Bling flaunting thief at the helm of CAN's affair....
let us be sincere to ourselves can any prominent Christian say what he said about prophet Mohammed peace be upon him without the country being on fire let the truth for once.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by nocmig27: 11:47am On Feb 04, 2013
Our Yansh:

Have you listened to CAN on Christmas day preaching?..Where he (CAN President) totally condemned FG for not living up-to expectations.
I think you dont verify your facts before writting, Catholic has denied any news linking to that.Dont write because others are writing or you come across any news without authenticity and post.

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by frevangel(m): 11:51am On Feb 04, 2013
grafikii: Can should shut up, they forgot jesus Christ is a prophet in islam and el rufai can't mock him.

You forgot Mohammed is a false prophet according to the Bible!
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Umunede(m): 12:07pm On Feb 04, 2013
Our Yansh: The Christian Arm of PDP doing what they're paid to do.

I won't be surprised if they hire some miscreant to attack El-Rufai and then claim they're Christian fanatics.

CAN has truly failed Christians and have become a disgrace to Christianity. They should stop speaking for Christians and should speak for the PDP and Goodluck Jonathan..

Comrade Our Yansh writes from his face-me-I-face-You room in Okoloba, Effurun, Delta State..
are u a christian? U are quoting ur address for us to assume dat u are a christian
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Oahray: 12:14pm On Feb 04, 2013
maclatunji: Imagine what the comments on this thread would have been if the story was: Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs Cannot Guarantee (A Christian's) Safety.

By the way, I don't blame the childish and bigoted commentators for such comments, I only blame we the Management of Nairaland for allowing them flood this website.

#LOL at some people. #Seriously
oh, please! Pot calling kettle black. If it were truly reverse, how many muslims would have objected to the action of their council? None!

Now imagine that kind of thread was in your section, would you not have locked the thread and banned every bannable 'infidel' who dares to talk negative about Islam? At least, we have some christians who THINK the CAN was wrong on this one and they are not too AFRAID to say it.

The ability and willingness to reason, that is what differentiates Christianity and Islam.

5 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Asis(m): 12:22pm On Feb 04, 2013
jessybarbie: What is even wrong with that El Rufai? Outdated clowns seeking attention like Teenagers *smh
GBAM!
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Ramcie(f): 12:22pm On Feb 04, 2013
Our Yansh:

now that cracked me up.[b][/b]
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by lacasa: 12:25pm On Feb 04, 2013
Hehehe! grin

If it were a muslim organisation that released ds statement, we for no hear the end

CAN is the real BOKO-HARAM

1 Like

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by maclatunji: 12:31pm On Feb 04, 2013
lacasa: Hehehe! grin

If it were a muslim organisation that released ds statement, we for no hear the end

CAN is the real BOKO-HARAM

Without moderation on the thread that reports such, the page would have reached page 6-8 by now, all full of very "civil" comments. #LOL

1 Like

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by lucom: 12:33pm On Feb 04, 2013
Little wonder some denomination are pulling out of CAN. This voice is surely not from CAN because as far as I'm concerned there's no where in my Bible that I've been instructed to defend my God rather the word of God consistently assured me that my God will defend me. Mr CAN's voice please speak for yourself.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Mogidi: 12:37pm On Feb 04, 2013
Sam Milla: I hate this CAN more and more with each word that they utter. How can they not understerdand what El-Rufai was trying to say. Can't someone made a negative reference to Religious figures anymore. Google ' jesus jokes' or 'pope' jokes or even 'God Jokes' and see thousands of jokes written by the same white men who sent the rope called Bible to tie our necks.

^^^^
Try Mohammed or Allah jokes next time and see where it land's you.

LET A CHRISTIAN PUBLIC FIGURE RETWEET A JOKE ABOUT MOHAMMED AND THERE WILL BE MAYHEM FROM KANO TO KADUNA.

Call a spade a spade, if Abati had retweeted a joke aimed at Buhari with religious connotation Christians would be dying in their hundreds across northern states.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by caesaraba(m): 12:39pm On Feb 04, 2013
I don't agree with CAN on this one. Christians don't fight for their God. He isn't that weak.

We know those who do.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by maclatunji: 12:46pm On Feb 04, 2013
Oahray: oh, please! Pot calling kettle black. If it were truly reverse, how many muslims would have objected to the action of their council?
None! Many would have? But people like you would have dimissed it as lies. That is the pattern- people like you will say: "when it comes to Muslims 'X' will never happen." When X does happen you go into denial mode.

Oahray:
Now imagine that kind of thread was in your section, would you not have locked the thread and banned every bannable 'infidel' who dares to talk negative about Islam? At least, we have some christians who THINK the CAN was wrong on this one and they are not too AFRAID to say it.

First of all, the word 'infidel' is not used by me at all. I have seen Christians use that word severally on Nairaland to describe themselves, I don't think I have seen a Muslim use it- and we are supposed to be the "bad guys" O.

Abouts bans: If it was reverse and in my section you would have seen rather dull and unintelligent posts like: "Bloody terrorists" "Religion of xxxx' and others from God knows what kind of people. Have you seen such posts here?

Oahray: The ability and willingness to reason, that is what differentiates Christianity and Islam.
#LOL

That comment is sooooooo fuuulll of the "ability and willingness to reason".

#Classic

1 Like

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by blackmale1: 1:24pm On Feb 04, 2013

Even Jesus when he was cornered by the Romans in Gethsemane didnt fight back, When he was booed, spat on and ridiculed at his trial didnt curse anyone, when he was whipped didnt threaten anyone, but look at so-called Pastors
of Today!!

Christianity is Dead.. #Period!!

Pls remain in your shrine, who are u to pronounce Christianity dead. Some of u jst think its cool to diss Christianity to be seen as rational and civilized. El rufai was very disrespectful and someone has to tell him 2 shut the f.uck up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nwaoboshi: Akpabio’s Allegation Untrue, I Didn’t Get 53 Contracts From NDDC / Pictures From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Kebbi State / MKO ABIOLA Was A Selfish And Corrupt Polictician Who Had Selfish Interests.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.