Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital (26821 Views)

'gay' Couple Physically, Verbally Abused In Moscow (video) / Photo: How Ugandan Women Are Abused In India / Photo: How Ugandan Women Are Abused In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 04, 2013
I think the lady is mentally sick. She needs to see a Psychiatrist before it gets worse.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by dridowu: 6:43pm On Feb 04, 2013
Hmm
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 04, 2013
verbal abuse? Lol...

smh at all these hypocrites...
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 04, 2013
Ejiné:

I don't stay in that hell hole anymore. I stayed there late last year, but recently found a decent house in the Buckhead area of Atlanta Georgia. Georgia itself is just as racist, so are Florida and East Texas.

In short... Southern USA is a complete shiithole.
I don't live in Nashville but I school in Nashville and nope, it's not a hell hole. It depends on those u roll with really, in fact I expect such ignorance from the AAs and not the whites? Did you stay in Nashville or around Nashville? Were u working or schooling here? It's not a hell hole unless u were living in the projects/slum tongue
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by purplebrown: 6:46pm On Feb 04, 2013
angry angry angry god what have we done? I blame god for making us different, we as black people have suffered so much and still suffering angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by madridsta007(m): 6:49pm On Feb 04, 2013
The Nigerian girl appears to be laughing on the video. This will not go down well in court as she may not be able to prove that she felt hurt by the racist ranting. The lady would get a lighter sentence.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 04, 2013
purplebrown: angry angry angry god what have we done? I blame god for making us different, we as black people have suffered so much and still suffering angry
Your leaders are far worse in subjecting you to suffering!

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by tpia5: 6:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
maybe the lady thought the girl was british, since she has no nigerian name.

lord have mercy.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Ilekokonit: 6:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
This is one of the reasons I prefer to only live in parts of London where I see ENOUGH black people every day. There is an undercurrent of racism in England that a lot of black people deny by burying their head in the sand so as not to rock the boat and hold onto their pathetic jobs that doesn't even utilize 25% of their God given talents.

But the challenge to blacks in England is that how long will we keep quiet and not fight against racism especially seeing that some people had no choice in their appearing in England. Another poser is that if the Blacks in America did not fight against racism, they would not be the most successful Blacks in the world today and there would be no Obama presidency.

Or do you thing a Black Prime minister is possible in the UK with our attitude of not COLLECTIVELY fighting Racism

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by rico73(m): 6:52pm On Feb 04, 2013
ifihearam: Abi she get mental problem??
with the austerity measures going on in europe, many of them are going mad and commiting suicide. So it's not her fault.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by mrkels(m): 6:52pm On Feb 04, 2013
I don't blame that woman, we are the ones making them feel superior. Imagine an american who would not have a job in his home country come to lagos and be a managing director receiving 3million naira monthly wheras the nigeriann in that same position inside that same company recieves 800,000 naira per month.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by ayobase(m): 6:52pm On Feb 04, 2013
grin
grin
grin
grin
grin grin grin

What a drama.....it can never cease....seasonal movie that has no end....why should I be "wow"!
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by pato405(m): 6:53pm On Feb 04, 2013
..but what stopped the Nigerian student from answering the question first. I think the provocative way she answered it triggered the outrageous outburst. Typical Nigerian way of answering questions.

Q: Where are you from?

A: what does it matter where I'm from.

the lady from Spain answered directly 'I'm from Spain' she didn't bite her. I think she should have answered first and watched for the psycho woman's reaction. If she passes a compliment about Nigeria, then fine, else ....Maul her silly. I usually look at you directly in the face and tell you outrightly..'I'm from Nigeria', then I'll wait for your reaction. Anyway, they just smile and say Okay or nice.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 04, 2013
ItsModella:
GBAM!! number 1 reason why I decided not to go to school there..
Ohio is not any better than TN, Ejine is exaggerating. This is not about black or white, AAs are more ignorant and worse than most whites. I would expect such an outburst from them to be honest. Even we that claim Nigeria can be as racist as the white woman in this video. We've all been racist at one point, even to our fellow blacks.

I have friends that know more about Nigeria and Africa than ppl that claim to be Nigerians.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 04, 2013
tpia@:
maybe the lady thought the girl was british, since she has no nigerian name.

lord have mercy.
She could have hookup with the 'smelling Nigerian' hunk to have a test of the difference than lashing out at a public place. She is sick though. She said,"You know I am not well..." . I can't tell from the video if that was a defense mechanism to prevent her from being seen as abusively discriminating.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Asis(m): 6:55pm On Feb 04, 2013
Abi she high ni,what nonsense...
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2013
pato405: ..but what stopped the Nigerian student from answering the question first. I think the provocative way she answered it triggered the outrageous outburst. Typical Nigerian way of answering questions.

Q: Where are you from?

A: what does it matter where I'm from.

the lady from Spain answered directly 'I'm from Spain' she didn't bite her. I think she should have answered first and watched for the psycho woman's reaction. If she passes a compliment about Nigeria, then fine, else ....Maul her silly. I usually look at you directly in the face and tell you outrightly..'I'm from Nigeria', then I'll wait for your reaction. Anyway, they just smile and say Okay or nice.

im pretty sure this girl was embarassed to reveal her origins. it is evident from her whitemans name. "THOMPSON"

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Ejine(m): 6:58pm On Feb 04, 2013
ItsModella:

LOL. In what state are you?
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

im pretty sure this girl was embarassed to reveal her origins. it is evident from her whitemans name. "THOMPSON"
I 100% agree, she just might HV been scared her origins will result in a backlash.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by trolling(m): 6:59pm On Feb 04, 2013
[quote author=Ejiné]

I don't stay in that hell hole anymore. I stayed there late last year, but recently found a decent house in the Buckhead area of Atlanta Georgia. Georgia itself is just as racist, so are Florida and East Texas.

In short... Southern USA is a complete shiithole. [/quote
Not all parts of Georgia are racist,well maybe in some parts of Buckhead but i do know racism still exist,it all depends on where u reside,personally i dont feel comfortable living around caucasians
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 04, 2013
pato405: ..but what stopped the Nigerian student from answering the question first. I think the provocative way she answered it triggered the outrageous outburst. Typical Nigerian way of answering questions.

May I beg to differ? The woman was already in the middle of her outburst when she approached them with her questions. And, I think the provocative way the woman asked the question triggered the provocative answer she got.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by lafuria1(m): 7:00pm On Feb 04, 2013
i dont blame d white lady, things are not easy in the uk nw and ofcourse the anti-immigrant people are blaming foreigners for it. Typical blame game. same thing the southerners do to the northerners that they stole dia oil, making it d reason y south isnt developed grin .
i see it as fustration and she decided to take an outburst on the foreigners she saw. UK is like any other country, pocket of this would happen not often though.

good the nigeria lady replied back. at least they arrest people for racial assult while in 9ja here it is a form of greeting.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 04, 2013
ItsModella:
Hahaha... Babe, you need to learn the Southern accent and get to hookup with Rednecks to understand the South.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by trolling(m): 7:01pm On Feb 04, 2013
purplebrown: angry angry angry god what have we done? I blame god for making us different, we as black people have suffered so much and still suffering angry
read your bible you'll see what you'e done, He said we would be called bywords and proverbs,its just that "we" dont know who we are
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by claremont(m): 7:01pm On Feb 04, 2013
The white lady is just a racist cvnt. I love the matured and composed way the Nigerian student reacted to her.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
Shollypopz:
Ohio is not any better than TN, Ejine is exaggerating. This is not about black or white, AAs are more ignorant and worse than most whites. I would expect such an outburst from them to be honest. Even we that claim Nigeria can be as racist as the white woman in this video. We've all been racist at one point, even to our fellow blacks.

I have friends that know more about Nigeria and Africa than ppl that claim to be Nigerians.
Southern US has always had a higher percentage of racists. It didn't start today neither would it end today. However, it is not as overt as it was in the past century but there is still a strong influence. Nevertheless, I do agree with your point on the AAs being more ignorant. Hell, most of them seem to think we Africans are competing with them for some weird reason.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by mathskill: 7:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
DICKtator: serves the nigerian right. maybe that would be a wake up call for her and her likes to start a revolution in Nigeria. We have what it takes. Let us start to demand our rights from our leaders. They want to waste our generation. We should not allow them.
Heed the clarion call.
Let clean the Augean Stable /rot in the educational sector and all other sectors in Nigeria NOW
They do not care because their children are sent abroad with our money and they finish as at when due while they bastardise our own educational system, delay most graduates' calculated year of graduation, making it impossible for some to reach the age-limit benchmark set by most organisations . WAKE UP YOUTH. WE ARE THE LEADERS OF TOMORROW!!!!!!!
AND OUR TOMORROW IS TODAY!!!!!
grin grin grin grin
what do you mean by serves her right.Is it her fault the Nigerian educational sector is in shambles.You are the one who needs to wake up not the poor Nigerian who is paying through tooth and nail to have a descent education only to be reighned racial abuse by a nurse suffering a tantrum of xenophobia.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by armyofone(m): 7:05pm On Feb 04, 2013
Charged someone indeed!

Next time someone ask you where are you from, ask them where are you from as reply. It works!

Oyinbo: Where are you from?
Omoge: Where are you from yourself?
Oyinbo: I'm from Alabama.
Omoge: Oh really, wow. I heard they have the best Jambalaya and Ribs grin grin
It sort of melt them grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by trolling(m): 7:06pm On Feb 04, 2013
Ejiné:

In short... Southern USA is a complete shiithole.
Not all parts of Georgia are racist,well maybe in some parts of Buckhead but i do know racism still exist,it all depends on where u reside,personally i dont feel comfortable living around caucasians
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by nuorlah: 7:06pm On Feb 04, 2013
It becomes bad when the abuse is from someone else abi.

You all waste your precious time doing the same things to others because they are Yoruba, ibo or an aboki.

Hypocrites, you are.

And btw, she pays 13k pounds? For 'theatre arts'? grin O jigbijigbi. Normal journalists in sane societies would be fishing out whom her papa is now. Let us see how much or less of our money she is paying for those racial abuse.

when is d revolution starting again?
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 04, 2013
all4naija: Hahaha... Babe, you need to learn the Southern accent and get to hookup with Redneck to understand the South.
yeah, when I'm not in school, I spend my time in GA/NC, I think I understand them...
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by ijebabe: 7:07pm On Feb 04, 2013
Its obvious she is high off her meds. What a fool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rebecca From Oron Is Lost / Lady Celebrates Her Boyfriend Who Survived A Ghastly Accident In Onitsha (pics) / Facebook User Shares Photos Of His Loved Ones, Friends Who Died This Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.