Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital (26822 Views)

'gay' Couple Physically, Verbally Abused In Moscow (video) / Photo: How Ugandan Women Are Abused In India / Photo: How Ugandan Women Are Abused In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Ejine(m): 7:07pm On Feb 04, 2013
Shollypopz:
I don't live in Nashville but I school in Nashville and nope, it's not a hell hole. It depends on those u roll with really, in fact I expect such ignorance from the AAs and not the whites? Did you stay in Nashville or around Nashville? Were u working or schooling here? It's not a hell hole unless u were living in the projects/slum tongue

I'm telling you the place is racist. It's all over the news. It's right up there with Henderson, TX and Jasper, TX as the most racist places to live. What differentiates it from the aforementioned two, is that it tries to downplay its racism, using a much different route, like jobs, police relations, legal processes and medical disciplines, as is obtainable in the almighty hell-hole that is Jacksonville, FL.

And as for the place I stayed, that was Hillsboro, mehn. You know... Close to Vanderbilt Uni. And that place hardly qualifies as a slum. In fact it is one of the more upscale neighborhoods in Nashville.
I've become so much accustomed with the bigotry that it's only a matter of time before another white person goes off talking about Jews this and Jews that, and how they control the media, and want to lead to the 'calculated genocide' of the whites by encouraging race-mixing in their films. LOL
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by JimmyBoy1: 7:07pm On Feb 04, 2013
She looks like a junky sha.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Ejine(m): 7:07pm On Feb 04, 2013
Double post.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by topmostg: 7:08pm On Feb 04, 2013
Smh. See white p*ssyhole callin someone an as..shole..

What the f*ck is the u.k doing in terms of racist issues?

That sick b*tch must not go unpunished....how i wished it was sharia law she was charged to. Dem for don chop her fada bigtime.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 04, 2013
Ejiné:

LOL. In what state are you?
Ohio..
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by somegirl1: 7:10pm On Feb 04, 2013
bcomputer101: Shut up!!! Remove that tag(Nigeria Student)... Not all Nigerian student over here do such thing. There is a belive that all back here are Nigerian. That is just the simple mentality...

Do what exactly? did you read the original post

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by scribble: 7:11pm On Feb 04, 2013
but the gina thompson babe from PH just dey Jand for less than 2 years, how come her whole phonetics don change to britiko

Naija no dey carry last sha

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Ejine(m): 7:12pm On Feb 04, 2013
trolling: personally i dont feel comfortable living around caucasians

Which is why, this time, I made sure it was in a black neighborhood... With well-to-do blacks, that is grin (wouldn't want Tyrone or Raheem breaking into my car and jacking ma stuff).

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 04, 2013
Ejiné:

Which is why, this time, I made sure it was in a black neighborhood... With well-to-do blacks, that is grin (wouldn't want Tyrone or Raheem breaking into my car and jacking ma stuff).
Hahaha... grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by scribble: 7:13pm On Feb 04, 2013
topmostg: Smh. See white p*ssyhole callin someone an as..shole..

What the f*ck is the oba*a administration doing in terms of racist issues?

That sick b*tch must not go unpunished....how i wished it was sharia law she was charged to. Dem for don chop her fada bigtime.

Obama administration? In the UK Bros are u also an a**hole?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Ejine(m): 7:14pm On Feb 04, 2013
ItsModella:
Ohio..

Atleast there's a large presence of Nigerian intellectuals there. I envy you sha.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 04, 2013
ItsModella:
Southern US has always had a higher percentage of racists. It didn't start today neither would it end today. However, it is not as overt as it was in the past century but there is still a strong influence. Nevertheless, I do agree with your point on the AAs being more ignorant. Hell, most of them seem to think we Africans are competing with them for some weird reason.
TN was the last state to abolish slavery and I feel ppl seem to think racism immediately they hear TN but to be honest, it ain't that diff from other southern states and US states when Africans are involved. The whites are racist to the AAs than they are to the African immigrants.

Of course southern states are conservative and more racist. I'm not disputing that.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 04, 2013
scribble:

LMAO grin grin
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 04, 2013
sessydoo: Racism n Tribalism are the 2 hydra-headed monsters destroying today's world. Even if u travel abroad to unwind or for holiday,it does not remove racial tendencies or attack....its quite unfortunate dat some animals in human skin are still living in the "stone age" or else by now, they would appreciate n understand the synergy effect of globalization n therefore treat all human beings with respect n dignity irrespective of your race, sexual orientation, background, colour, age, culture etc

You forgot to add religion.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by abiL(f): 7:16pm On Feb 04, 2013
scribble:

LMFAOOOO!

Funniest comment I've read today.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2013
Shollypopz:
TN was the last state to abolish slavery and I feel ppl seem to think racism immediately they hear TN but to be honest, it ain't that diff from other southern states and US states when Africans are involved. The whites are racist to the AAs than they are to the African immigrants.

Of course southern states are conservative and more racist. I'm not disputing that.
American South or South is still my favorite region. You can keep hating, dude.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Goldie20: 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2013
Ejiné:

Hahahahaha.. thanks for the laugh sha... lmfaooo
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2013
scribble:

Mu he he he haw haw haw! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by somegirl1: 7:19pm On Feb 04, 2013
scribble: but the gina thompson babe from PH just dey Jand for less than 2 years, how come her whole phonetics don change to britiko

That is grin
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by kenod(m): 7:20pm On Feb 04, 2013
Extremely shameful display of racism and bigotry.For starters the Nigerian girl handled this very well by standing her ground,making and articulating her point clearly and refusing to launch into a diatribe and or expletives despite the obvious racial aggravation to her face - she exhibited class and culture in that regard. The white lady isn't mental - she is the personification of today's racist Britain. Following the constant and recent demonisation of immigrants and immigration, by the right wing British press since the recession started - the natives have resorted to abusing foreigners, initially in online forums, but now buoyed by the rhetoric of their government, some have become bold.

Britain, hasn't got the wherewithal to do without EU and Non EU immigration - they only simply need to control it and have a handle on it. Nigerians, and other immigrants can and should be able to go to any country in the world - provided they are legal and law abiding citizens - there should be no fear of molestation and where that arises they should handle it with wit, gone are the days of rampant imperialism - where the British can conveniently tell people from other climes what they wish and get away with it.

In developing our nation, the first thing we need to learn is self-esteem.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by IbukaDantata: 7:20pm On Feb 04, 2013
Did anybody notice that the said Nigerian girl said she pays 13000 pounds yearly as tuition fee only? That is roughly 3.4million NAIRA yearly ..... JEEZZ.
Her papa must be among the subsidy thieves or Pension rougues.

Nice justice from the british LovePeddler.. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by kpolli(m): 7:21pm On Feb 04, 2013
Goldie20: 'You're coming here and pleading poverty while we're paying taxes': Shocking rant of woman against foreign students in hospital waiting room caught on mobile

A shocking video emerged today of a woman going on a rant to patients in a hospital waiting room.

The two-minute clip, filmed on Saturday night at Ipswich Hospital in Suffolk, saw the woman shout abuse at students Gina Thompson, 23, of Nigeria, and her 21-year-old Spanish friend.

The woman asked them ‘where do you come from’ before saying: ‘You're coming over here and you're pleading poverty. We are paying taxes you a***holes and we are going down in this crisis.’

The incident took place at 7:30pm in the hospital’s accident and emergency department waiting room, where Miss Thompson had gone with her friend who had sprained her ankle playing sport.

Miss Thompson, of Port Harcourt, Nigeria, is a film and media student at University Campus Suffolk and has been in the UK for two years, while her friend from Seville, Spain, arrived last September.

The woman shouted in front of about 20 shocked patients and friends or relatives: ‘What has happened to this f*****g country’, before directly abusing Miss Thompson who was sitting down.

She asked her ‘Where do you come from?’, to which Miss Thompson replied: ‘What does it matter where I'm from?’

The woman said: ‘We are paying taxes you a***holes and we are going down in this crisis’, before Miss Thompson replied: ‘Don't call me an a***hole’.

But the woman said: ‘I will, because you're coming over here and you're pleading poverty. I am not well.’

But Miss Thompson responded: ‘You won't call me an a***hole. I will not accept that. Don't call me an a***hole. Don't come to my face and insult me. You won't do that. Calling me an a***hole? Are you alright?’

The woman said back: ‘Don't accept it, you fat a***’, before a voice off camera said the police had been called.

The woman was then apprehended by a group of nurses, paramedics and security guards, saying: ‘There's a revolution going on here.’

Miss Thompson told MailOnline after the incident: ‘I was so embarrassed and I couldn’t do anything because I was stuck in the situation, so we just had to laugh about it. All the attention was on us.

‘She said I've come here to claim poverty. That's not true. I'm an international student and I pay £13,000 a year in tuition fees. My friend is a student here from Spain.’

‘It made me feel low of myself. I had to go back home and question why it was wrong I was here. My friend was surprised. She was scared, she was terrified.

‘She kind of felt unsafe afterwards. She is Spanish and her English is not perfect, but she could sort of understand what the woman was saying. When she got back home, she said: “Are we in trouble?”

This woman was a very normal looking woman who you wouldn't think would abuse you. How many people are the same like that? I’m scared.'

A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman told MailOnline: 'We have arrested and charged somebody. She has been charged with assault on a police officer, two counts of racially aggravated assault and two charges of assault. So, five charges altogether.

‘She is due to appear at Ipswich Magistrates’ Court on the 20th February. She was arrested at the A&E department on Saturday evening and she was brought in. She was charged on Sunday night.’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lRQ26uq1Ts

Source http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2273150/Rant-woman-Suffolk-students-Spain-Nigeria-Ipswich-Hospital.html#axzz2JsTXuhjl

Not a Nigerian name, or she don go claim akata
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by tpia5: 7:22pm On Feb 04, 2013
scribble: but the gina thompson babe from PH just dey Jand for less than 2 years, how come her whole phonetics don change to britiko

is she actually nigerian?

havent watched the video yet.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by abifoluwa: 7:22pm On Feb 04, 2013
topmostg: Smh. See white p*ssyhole callin someone an as..shole..

What the f*ck is the oba*a administration doing in terms of racist issues?

i didnt know the president of a country in america now has authority of a country in europe? but na uk bros, no be america. obama na presido of usa, next time if u no knw, just ask. see as u kan look foolish for hia...oversabi
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by SisiKill1: 7:23pm On Feb 04, 2013
Gina Thompson?!

Film and media Student??!
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 04, 2013
IbukaDantata: Did anybody notice that the said Nigerian girl said she pays 13000 pounds yearly as tuition fee only? That is roughly 3.4million NAIRA yearly ..... JEEZZ.
Her papa must be among the subsidy thieves or Pension rougues.
mschew!! ignorance is a disease truly..

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by adexsimply(m): 7:23pm On Feb 04, 2013
bcomputer101: Shut up!!! Remove that tag(Nigeria Student)... Not all Nigerian student over here do such thing. There is a belive that all back here are Nigerian. That is just the simple mentality...
what do u mean?
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Symphony007: 7:27pm On Feb 04, 2013
As horrible as this is, it is now a growing concensus among some brits that any black or immigrant is there to claim benefits, while they pay taxes. I won't blame them entirely because there are really loads of blacks and immigrants over there abusing the welfare system, nigerians are notorieous for taking advantage of the NHS. We should just take it upon ourselves as a nation, a race to develop ourselves collectively so we can earn respect anywhere in the world, rather than benefits claimers we should be respected as tourist who are even helping their economy..
I mean look at china, which westerners looked down on. Today they are respected any where they find themeselves because the people know the chinese tourist are helping their local economy...finally they should take it easy on the lady, she must have had a breakdown due to working double time and being over taxed and thinking someone is benefiting from her sweat!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rebecca From Oron Is Lost / Lady Celebrates Her Boyfriend Who Survived A Ghastly Accident In Onitsha (pics) / Facebook User Shares Photos Of His Loved Ones, Friends Who Died This Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.