Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital (26820 Views)

'gay' Couple Physically, Verbally Abused In Moscow (video) / Photo: How Ugandan Women Are Abused In India / Photo: How Ugandan Women Are Abused In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 04, 2013
ItsModella:
mschew!! ignorance is a disease truly..
Lol... But, ignorance is not a disease. I think you heard me!
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 04, 2013
all4naija: Lol... But, ignorance is not a disease.I think you heard me!
In that poster's case, it is. A lot of parents pay even more as tuition, does it mean that they're thieves or rogues? shior jor, make I hear something...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 04, 2013
ItsModella:
In that poster's case, it is. A lot of parents pay even more as tuition, does it mean that they're thieves or rogues? shior jor, make I hear something...
I was just kidding. You failed to see that from my comment. Are you serious to say ignorance is a disease? Please, prove it?
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by ifedun2: 7:33pm On Feb 04, 2013
ifihearam-Abi she get mental problem??
E be like say she is high on 'something';but do i really blame her?
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 04, 2013
all4naija: I was just kidding. You failed to see that from my comment. Are you serious to say ignorance is a disease? Please, prove it?
^ ^ ^

no time, abeg
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 04, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Gina Thompson?!

Film and media Student??!

Rivers state people have names as Thompson for surnames. Most of their names are English names. As stated in the article, she is from port harcourt so I wouldn't doubt that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by slimfit1(m): 7:37pm On Feb 04, 2013
Well Nigerian university have just lost more than £12, 000 by the time she finishes her course.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 04, 2013
@ Shollypoz .

Why do you call me mumu? It is very interesting to see people use that word for me on Nairaland. I think it originated from the Japanese.I my right?
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by topmostg: 7:39pm On Feb 04, 2013
scribble:

Obama administration? In the UK Bros are u also an a**hole?
oh, my bad.

lol.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 04, 2013
ItsModella:
^ ^ ^

no time, abeg
I don't like when a lady tries to beg me.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 04, 2013
all4naija: @ Shollypoz .

Why do you call me mumu? It is very interesting to see people use that word for me on Nairaland. I think it originated from the Japanese.I my right?
I don't know d origin, most Yoruba ppl use it to address someone that acts dumb, lol. Emphasis on act....
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by usdane: 7:41pm On Feb 04, 2013
why b say e dey hard Naija people abroad to answer questions on where they from? See the spanish girl immediately answerd wen asked whr she from, but when d woman askd the Naija lady she refuse answer, if she was a black American girl she would hav answerd immediately without saying what diff it makes whr she's from.. Naija no bad reach dat level na habbaa
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by delors(m): 7:46pm On Feb 04, 2013
Tell them we freaking funding their crumbling economy...as an international student, first, about £15k yearly on tuition alone, about £12k on accommodation, about £10k on shopping...all plus taxes. Tell the frustrated, lazy, welfare-dependent sick old lady to grab a life!
Canadaians respect international students more than anyone because they know intl students spend thousands of dollars on education plus other expenses...something they (Canadians) never can spend on education.
But the British, the Russians, the East Europeans, etc are freaking sick group of peopel who need knoking. Murde.r-f***kers
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 04, 2013
Shollypopz:
I don't know d origin, most Yoruba ppl use it to address someone that acts dumb, lol. Emphasis on act....
Oh my g-o-o-d-n-e-s-s. grin grin grin .I thought it is like the name of the Japanese designer Mui Mui. As in somebody acting like female.

It means mumu is dumb in Yoruba language.I never knew that. Still, I like the word!
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by topmostg: 7:47pm On Feb 04, 2013
pDude:

Mu he he he haw haw haw! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by topmostg: 7:48pm On Feb 04, 2013
pDude:

Mu he he he haw haw haw! grin grin
lol lwkmd.
I phuckked up bíg tym... But dis ur laff na wa o
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by jaymdee(m): 7:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
Shollypopz:
More like too many broke ppl on NL. A lot of beaf and pomo sellers here
Very well said. Ppl just think N3million would see them through life.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
DICKtator: serves the nigerian right. maybe that would be a wake up call for her and her likes to start a revolution in Nigeria. We have what it takes. Let us start to demand our rights from our leaders. They want to waste our generation. We should not allow them.
Heed the clarion call.
Let clean the Augean Stable /rot in the educational sector and all other sectors in Nigeria NOW
They do not care because their children are sent abroad with our money and they finish as at when due while they bastardise our own educational system, delay most graduates' calculated year of graduation, making it impossible for some to reach the age-limit benchmark set by most organisations . WAKE UP YOUTH. WE ARE THE LEADERS OF TOMORROW!!!!!!!
AND OUR TOMORROW IS TODAY!!!!!
grin grin grin grin

The revolution bad already started. . . Poor old England cannot afford to lose $67b in two successive governments and still function. . .but you know what, motherland Nigeria can - that's some serious
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Skywalker5(m): 7:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
Ile-Ife:
She should be angry at benefit cheats, not students whose parents pay their back-side off.

Nah, she is probably on benefits also. Most of them are angry at David Cameron for slashing benefits so they put their anger on immigrants.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by mallorca(m): 7:53pm On Feb 04, 2013
ItsModella: Seriously, what are Nigerians in the UK doing? First, it was "Smelly Nigerian", now this...na wa o..

Anyway, the woman should freaking calm down.

I swear, Americans are waayyyyyy ignorant, way way way ignorant!! Some student tried to pull that sh_it off in class with me, talking crap about how international students don't pay half the amount they pay. I was like "what, are you freaking kidding me? do you even know how much international students pay? y'all have the option of applying for federal aid, the international students do not and you sit here talking stuff you don't know about"..I was so pissed that day.
Sorry
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Awoofawo(m): 7:56pm On Feb 04, 2013
Ilekokonit: Black Prime minister
in Mama Charles land?! sadsadsadcheesy you may just as well wish that a black should accent the British throne. I laugh in #impossicant
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by warrior101: 7:56pm On Feb 04, 2013
Goldie20: 'You're coming here and pleading poverty while we're paying taxes': Shocking rant of woman against foreign students in hospital waiting room caught on mobile

A shocking video emerged today of a woman going on a rant to patients in a hospital waiting room.

The two-minute clip, filmed on Saturday night at Ipswich Hospital in Suffolk, saw the woman shout abuse at students Gina Thompson, 23, of Nigeria, and her 21-year-old Spanish friend.

The woman asked them ‘where do you come from’ before saying: ‘You're coming over here and you're pleading poverty. We are paying taxes you a***holes and we are going down in this crisis.’

The incident took place at 7:30pm in the hospital’s accident and emergency department waiting room, where Miss Thompson had gone with her friend who had sprained her ankle playing sport.

Miss Thompson, of Port Harcourt, Nigeria, is a film and media student at University Campus Suffolk and has been in the UK for two years, while her friend from Seville, Spain, arrived last September.

The woman shouted in front of about 20 shocked patients and friends or relatives: ‘What has happened to this f*****g country’, before directly abusing Miss Thompson who was sitting down.

She asked her ‘Where do you come from?’, to which Miss Thompson replied: ‘What does it matter where I'm from?’

The woman said: ‘We are paying taxes you a***holes and we are going down in this crisis’, before Miss Thompson replied: ‘Don't call me an a***hole’.

But the woman said: ‘I will, because you're coming over here and you're pleading poverty. I am not well.’

But Miss Thompson responded: ‘You won't call me an a***hole. I will not accept that. Don't call me an a***hole. Don't come to my face and insult me. You won't do that. Calling me an a***hole? Are you alright?’

The woman said back: ‘Don't accept it, you fat a***’, before a voice off camera said the police had been called.

The woman was then apprehended by a group of nurses, paramedics and security guards, saying: ‘There's a revolution going on here.’

Miss Thompson told MailOnline after the incident: ‘I was so embarrassed and I couldn’t do anything because I was stuck in the situation, so we just had to laugh about it. All the attention was on us.

‘She said I've come here to claim poverty. That's not true. I'm an international student and I pay £13,000 a year in tuition fees. My friend is a student here from Spain.’

‘It made me feel low of myself. I had to go back home and question why it was wrong I was here. My friend was surprised. She was scared, she was terrified.

‘She kind of felt unsafe afterwards. She is Spanish and her English is not perfect, but she could sort of understand what the woman was saying. When she got back home, she said: “Are we in trouble?”

This woman was a very normal looking woman who you wouldn't think would abuse you. How many people are the same like that? I’m scared.'

A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman told MailOnline: 'We have arrested and charged somebody. She has been charged with assault on a police officer, two counts of racially aggravated assault and two charges of assault. So, five charges altogether.

‘She is due to appear at Ipswich Magistrates’ Court on the 20th February. She was arrested at the A&E department on Saturday evening and she was brought in. She was charged on Sunday night.’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lRQ26uq1Ts

Source http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2273150/Rant-woman-Suffolk-students-Spain-Nigeria-Ipswich-Hospital.html#axzz2JsTXuhjl

OYA... MAKE UNU KILL HER NAU
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by topmostg: 7:56pm On Feb 04, 2013
abifoluwa: i didnt know the president of a country in america now has authority of a country in europe? but na uk bros, no be america. obama na presido of usa, next time if u no knw, just ask. see as u kan look foolish for hia...oversabi
see this guy o. even if i look foolish, who wan talk say im know me for here? .....see, that's the beauty of this website..........

I dont take any shiiit personal. Abeg siddon Ma hear word.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Kaggs2003: 7:58pm On Feb 04, 2013
If we must got abroad then we must be prepard to accept racism we cant simply avoid it..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by paris10: 7:59pm On Feb 04, 2013
Don't think the lady is racist, but she's actually viewed the opinion of millions of Britons. These people hate your gut 'cause of the benefits available to non-English. They see you guys as threat to their economy. However, they've failed to return £billions of our inheritance; our gold statues, raw golds and other stuff they stole from us. Nigerians are like hooks Stuck in the throats of these crackers. Nigeria will only get better and nothing else.

Do I blame those Nigerians in the UK, absolutely no. No country is self-sufficient, and emigration is part of economic growth and downsize. Just because shiit happens does not mean everyone has to come back to Nigeria. Let them say is a phrase we hear well too often. Don't just allow any one to get under your skin with their unsavoury utterance. Focus, achieve and come back to Nigeria to establish.

God bless Nigerians all over the world, and God bless the federal republic of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 04, 2013
Ile-Ife:
What are Nigerians doing in England? grin grin grin grin

But seriously, we need to fix Nigeria. everywhere is becoming difficult and hostile, things are becoming hard, people are gradually showing their true colour shocked shocked. grin grin
hahahahhahahahahehehehehehhehehehahahhahahahahaha[b]HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/b] cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by queensmith: 8:01pm On Feb 04, 2013
well its not worse than some of the shouting ive heard nurses in Nigeria do. . . . .don't act like people treat others any better back home

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 04, 2013
Majority do go dia n claim poverty,.i.e dey study on scholarship..dats fact...bt nt all...she was jst pissed...probably d global economic crises jst caught with up her........
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by cnwamo(m): 8:07pm On Feb 04, 2013
DICKtator: serves the nigerian right. maybe that would be a wake up call for her and her likes to start a revolution in Nigeria. We have what it takes. Let us start to demand our rights from our leaders. They want to waste our generation. We should not allow them.
Heed the clarion call.
Let clean the Augean Stable /rot in the educational sector and all other sectors in Nigeria NOW
They do not care because their children are sent abroad with our money and they finish as at when due while they bastardise our own educational system, delay most graduates' calculated year of graduation, making it impossible for some to reach the age-limit benchmark set by most organisations . WAKE UP YOUTH. WE ARE THE LEADERS OF TOMORROW!!!!!!!
AND OUR TOMORROW IS TODAY!!!!!
grin grin grin grin

If You have nothing reasonable to say please Zip it. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by eledalo: 8:07pm On Feb 04, 2013
For those complaining about Uk and racism ask yourself:
[size=15pt]How is this different from the tribalism you display on this site day in day out? Its not.[/size]

Physicians! Heal thyselves!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by leslieu63(m): 8:09pm On Feb 04, 2013
Table Leg :
SMH ... That hag needs to be locked up and starved for 10 days ... After when she should be flogged 60 times on her nutrient deficient ti...ts!
eyah bros take am easy ooo that punishment bad diea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rebecca From Oron Is Lost / Lady Celebrates Her Boyfriend Who Survived A Ghastly Accident In Onitsha (pics) / Facebook User Shares Photos Of His Loved Ones, Friends Who Died This Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.