Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,530 members, 7,816,294 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? (22003 Views)

7 Hot Weather(heat Wave) Safety Tips And Precautions / Coping With Mental Illness In Nigeria: A Beautiful Writer's Experience / Coping With Pregnancy & Fibroids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by ochukoccna: 11:33am On Mar 03, 2013
Globally abnormal weather patterns are now more of the rule than been an exception

Currently the weather seems to have gone crazy

Scientists have a buzz word for it, 'Climate change'

Metaphysics inductees say its a pointer to a new epoch for mankind

You might have a different take

Mine is HEAT WAVE

Lagos for now is SO SO HOT though I feel for those up north knowing the temperatures there will be stiffling

Even fishes don't drink water like I do now

Despite my top notch hygiene, heat rashes are popping up while I frequently awake to shower during the night before the day breaks

How are you coping with the weather nowadays?

What insights or tips can you give others?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by 3kay945(m): 12:08pm On Mar 03, 2013
Bros, to add salt to my injury the stupi.d Generator repairers I called has being a disappointment.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by ochukoccna: 12:18pm On Mar 03, 2013
3kay945: Bros, to add salt to my injury the stupi.d Generator repairers I called has being a disappointment.
Better buy a new one even if na 'I better pass my neighbour'
I for one look to buy an inverter for a standing fan seeing running the gen all night long is a no no
Yet apart from the generator,what other ways do you combat the current heat wave?
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by jerk: 7:58pm On Mar 03, 2013
its terrible my brother,whenever i woke up at midnite i always see my pillow drenched by my sweat and i wl then finds it difficult to sleep again,unless there is electricity light.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by hollandis(f): 8:30pm On Mar 03, 2013
Are you kidding me ?Here its cold and snowing -3 degrees today.I will do anything for the heat.Cant wait for the summer undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by aljharem(m): 8:32pm On Mar 03, 2013
It is not easy. Lagos is soooooo hot angry yet ideeiots would say Power supply is improving

11 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by RECO: 8:33pm On Mar 03, 2013
The heat is just too mucn
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by otokx(m): 8:34pm On Mar 03, 2013
pour water, baff all the time but its raining every night in port harcourt, so it helps.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by jhydebaba(m): 8:34pm On Mar 03, 2013
Thank God pure water has been reduced to 5naira only, that's 100% saving.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Biggyd2: 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2013
No be small thing o! If tosay pepsin be yam, man for don cook tey tey. angry NEPA con dey fall pepsin hand join big time. undecided Just come out for the sun for 5mins, body go fone you! De sun even tire the AC sef. I wonder wetin North go be like now?

5 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by BarryX(m): 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2013
Dear Sun. There's no contest, its not a competition. U're still d hottest tin in  planet, nobody dey drag ª̳͡♏ wit u. Pls stop showing off abeg 3-|

105 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by amonzeus(m): 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2013
we ar tokin abt nigeria ma...
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by busayochic: 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2013
why not get a rechargeable fan instead
ochukoccna:
Better buy a new one even if na 'I better pass my neighbour'
I for one look to buy an inverter for a standing fan seeing running the gen all night long is a no no
Yet apart from the generator,what other ways do you combat the current heat wave?
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by savcy(m): 8:36pm On Mar 03, 2013
I sleep outside of course. grin

5 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by CrazyMan(m): 8:36pm On Mar 03, 2013
The heat is everywhere...its terrible here in the east, and PHCN aren't helping matters.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by omodapson(m): 8:38pm On Mar 03, 2013
hollandis: Are you kidding me ?Here its cold and snowing -3 degrees today.I will do anything for the heat.Cant wait for the summer undecided
Lol! One man's meat is poison to another. But I would say the weather has been fair in Ibadan.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by tonididdy(m): 8:39pm On Mar 03, 2013
Heatwave gini?...not here in benincity.its just a normal weather like everyother year.its always being sunny and hot;you and your scientists are just seeing and assuming things...
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Biggyd2: 8:40pm On Mar 03, 2013
busayochic: why not get a rechargeable fan instead

Even fan dey blow hot air. Mattress dey burn for bodi!

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by vanstanzy(m): 8:40pm On Mar 03, 2013
The heat wave is CRAZY. I just pity pregnant women, with their already present internal body heat, and coupled with this. My wife didnt find it funny when she was pregnant either.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Ekans: 8:40pm On Mar 03, 2013
otokx: pour water, baff all the time but its raining every night in port harcourt, so it helps.
.Its raining every night in p/h (you said),is your own p/h located in the moon?.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by labamo07(m): 8:40pm On Mar 03, 2013
Heat keh, abeg reserve my dis space for me make I close my freezer........
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by BedLam: 8:41pm On Mar 03, 2013
I no de rub cream these days.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by ayobase(m): 8:42pm On Mar 03, 2013
It still baffles me that I could complain over the intensity of heat in Abuja.....I remember Abuja being my ac while I was schooling in Yola back then. Yola is termed as a town very close to hell.....u wouldn't understand if didn't school there....at a time like that, tears dropped from my eyes in the middle of the night cos I couldn't sleep despite......

Now, here is worse than Yola...na ac sure pass o my pple....

The HEAT is soooo unusual....never like this before!
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Bigflamie(m): 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2013
The world is coming to a begining.

7 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by olu4life(m): 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2013
omodapson:
Lol! One man's meat is poison to another. But I would say the weather has been fair in Ibadan.
Which fair?! Abeg o. The heat here in ib is realy killing me. Always taking my bath 3 times daily.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by RECO: 8:44pm On Mar 03, 2013
Mass disconnection from PHCN marketers is also not helping at all, even selfcom is from N12,000 and above per month. They are not reading the meters thereby billing consumers anyhow. To much heat and no PHCN to support.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by fkaz(m): 8:45pm On Mar 03, 2013
Even madman run enter shade last week, because of the sun. He say the sun 2much.

Nepa come join with their own wickedness, because during harmattan i dey enjoyed the light but now hmmm...

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by plendil: 8:45pm On Mar 03, 2013
funyy, I was just discussing this issue with a fruend.

here in Ebonyi, the heat has been merciless. angry

cant weight 4d rain.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by calabaman(m): 8:45pm On Mar 03, 2013
BedLam: I no de rub cream these days.
Cream keh! If person rub cream na die be dt oooooo! So so terrible here in ajah.....A̶̲̥̅♍ buyin ª new AC in the next few days! NO TYM!!

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by 5much(m): 8:46pm On Mar 03, 2013
The heat is now at its peak but many thanks to technology. there shdn't b any worries without NEPA or gen anymore.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 03, 2013
BarryX: Dear Sun. There's no contest, its not a competition. U're still d hottest tin in  planet, nobody dey drag ª̳͡♏ wit u. Pls stop showing off abeg 3-|

LWKMD! Guy u funny die! Asaba is also very hot! I don't evn sleep on d mattress, cos I don't wnt 2get it wet. So I rather sleep on d floor. No b small tin o! Infact I dey sweat badly as I dey type n the noise 4rm Generators dey add 2stress!

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by trolling(m): 8:47pm On Mar 03, 2013
una never see anything just wait till the sun gets seven fold,me i go dey chillax under tree

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ijeoma Nnodim: A Paediatrician Born Deaf; An Inspirational Story (Photos) / Househelp Forcefully Delivers 6-month-old Baby In Uyo / Sc Or As Blood Genotype

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.