Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,328 members, 7,829,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Can You Marry A Traditionalist - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Traditionalist (678 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants To Pay Me Off And Marry A Richer Man / Would You Marry a Single Parent? / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry A Traditionalist by heshomoney(m): 7:04am On Feb 05, 2013
Simple things get serious when it comes to marriage
Can You Marry a Traditional List When the person in question is[b] your Idea Man/Woman[/b]
Let share our views
Re: Can You Marry A Traditionalist by Mynd44: 7:14am On Feb 05, 2013
Seeing as I am uneducated, define trditionalist abeg

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Traditionalist by heshomoney(m): 8:10am On Feb 05, 2013
Mynd_44: Seeing as I am uneducated, define trditionalist abeg
I mean folks who believe and are into all this Spiritual rites, blood covenant, when someone bad happen the run to the Oracle, They have Baba Alawo as their spiritual father when the need favour the do all sort of spiritual rite they into stuff like Spiritual Tattoo for protection.... Things like that I mean The YORUBA MOVIES KIND OF PEOPLE LOL
These folks in question are not Christian nor Muslim.... I mean folks like that
Re: Can You Marry A Traditionalist by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 05, 2013
NO.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Traditionalist by Mynd44: 8:49am On Feb 05, 2013
heshomoney:
I mean folks who believe and are into all this Spiritual rites, blood covenant, when someone bad happen the run to the Oracle, They have Baba Alawo as their spiritual father when the need favour the do all sort of spiritual rite they into stuff like Spiritual Tattoo for protection.... Things like that I mean The YORUBA MOVIES KIND OF PEOPLE LOL
These folks in question are not Christian nor Muslim.... I mean folks like that
That would be a no

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Traditionalist by tpia5: 4:43pm On Feb 05, 2013
not sure why nlers [or is it people] are always asking if they can date outside their compatibility zone.

what's wrong with sticking to what you're used to when dating?
Re: Can You Marry A Traditionalist by pweeryambre: 6:18pm On Feb 05, 2013
Op, u mean people that beliefs in fetish stuffs right? Cos I think traditional is somehow d wrong word here, the traditional that I know simply means doing things the local abi archaic way, as in: traditional wedding, naming ceremony, child dedication, herbal medicine, beliefs educating a woman is a waste. etc Which a lot of people still practice today. But my answer is NO! Can't marry such a man. I once dumped a boyfriend dat was a traditionalist but was very archaic.
Re: Can You Marry A Traditionalist by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 05, 2013
Do they still exist? undecided
Re: Can You Marry A Traditionalist by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:36pm On Feb 05, 2013
binger: Do they still exist? undecided

Yep! They still exist but not too known. They believe they are preserving their culture and ancestral beliefs from being extinct due to civilisation.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Traditionalist by Nobody: 11:41pm On Feb 05, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

Yep! They still exist but not too known. They believe they are preserving their culture and ancestral beliefs from being extinct due to civilisation.
Oh,i see...thanks for elucidating,dear. smiley
Re: Can You Marry A Traditionalist by heshomoney(m): 1:07am On Feb 06, 2013
pweeryambre: Op, u mean people that beliefs in fetish stuffs right? Cos I think traditional is somehow d wrong word here, the traditional that I know simply means doing things the local abi archaic way, as in: traditional wedding, naming ceremony, child dedication, herbal medicine, beliefs educating a woman is a waste. etc Which a lot of people still practice today. But my answer is NO! Can't marry such a man. I once dumped a boyfriend dat was a traditionalist but was very archaic.
I mean Fetish people you're so right LOL
Re: Can You Marry A Traditionalist by heshomoney(m): 1:19am On Feb 06, 2013
binger: Do they still exist? undecided
Yes, They do exist... Someone told me his Girlfriend took in to Ten different ritualist for charm...
I don't believe they still exist until the guy told me what happens on Yoruba Movies happens in real life situation sad
Re: Can You Marry A Traditionalist by tpia5: 1:25am On Feb 06, 2013
I don't believe they still exist until the guy told me what happens on Yoruba Movies happens in real life situation

the movies [not only yoruba ones] are based on reality, not fiction.

i think the movie consultants/writers are native doctors as well.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Traditionalist by baby124: 3:05am On Feb 06, 2013
Lmao, interesting question OP. It got me thinking, if I would ever have considered such. Hmmm! This one na jamb question o, being that I like to think of myself as accomodating. If it is just the white clothes ifa, maybe. But the full on idol worship, animal sacrifice and sometimes human sacrifice doesn't just go with my beliefs. So I wouldn't have, as I am not sure where what I can take starts and what I can't take starts as well. I watch those fetish Yoruba movies and enjoy them though. cheesy
Re: Can You Marry A Traditionalist by heshomoney(m): 3:33am On Feb 06, 2013
baby_123: If it is just the white clothes ifa, maybe. But the full on idol worship, animal sacrifice and sometimes human sacrifice doesn't just go with my beliefs. So I wouldn't have, as I am not sure where what I can take starts and what I can't take starts as well. I watch those fetish Yoruba movies and enjoy them though. cheesy
Thanks for sharing smiley

(1) (Reply)

8 New Relationship Rules For Singles / Guys, Can U Accept An Imposed Marriage From Your Lady? / What's The Lamest Apology You Got From Your Cheating Girlfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.