Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Google Adsense - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Google Adsense (18544 Views)

3 Unbelievable Reasons Why You Need Google Adsense Now / Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. / Google Adsense Running On My Wapka Site What Did You Think Webmaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Adsense by dipotepede(m): 1:19pm On Aug 09, 2006
For those who are interested in the secrets of traffic generation;

I will use my humble self; i collected my first earnings 2 months after start; It's all about traffic generation.

My experience as a Voice Traffic Analyst for an International Carrier Service came in handy.

I am organising a free seminar on this topic;

check www.dipotepede.com

@ the bottom of the page for more info on the seminar,
Re: Google Adsense by opad(m): 5:09pm On Aug 09, 2006
Yea, thanks u guys for some brief introduction about Google Adsense,
but little or none was said about Google Adwords, which is much money
making, Adsense or Adwords.
Re: Google Adsense by usmanah: 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2006
Hi
I have problems pasting my google adsense codes on my site.
I designed it in PHP and CSS.
Anytime I paste the codes, the site scatters.
I need help pleese
www.computeredgemag.com
Re: Google Adsense by mutiu78(m): 2:54pm On Aug 11, 2006
What are you using to edit ur site?
Re: Google Adsense by usmanah: 4:24pm On Aug 12, 2006
I use notepad. I write my codes in notepad. I use HTML, CSS and PHP and I hard code
Re: Google Adsense by aderaskeey(m): 4:44pm On Aug 12, 2006
opad:

Yea, thanks u guys for some brief introduction about Google Adsense,
but little or none was said about Google Adwords, which is much money
making, Adsense or Adwords.

Opad, Google Adwords is not just a nomenclature of choice. You must first have a product to sell online before subscribing for it. If you dont have anything to sell, you dont have any reason to 'buy' traffic or drive traffic with Google Adwords to the product site.

In the alternative,  you may be or join as affliate to some online sellers who would pay you for driving traffic to their site, or your affliate site, particularly you could be paid a handsome commission of 20- 60% for every product that your traffic bought off the site.

I proved my mettle with, and as an affiliate marketer using Google Adwords before giving Adsense a shot at the begining of this year.
Re: Google Adsense by robbypham(m): 4:08am On Aug 26, 2006
A friend sent me 23.000 keywords of highest paying keywords for contextual advertising. I have worked hard to classified them, and now you can find over 10.000 keywords with 18 catagories.
www.incomekeywords.com cheesy
Re: Google Adsense by Chykoo: 12:18pm On Sep 14, 2006
The internet's one of the best money making opportunities- Google Adsense- is finally dead, and Google would not let the cat out of the bag. Get this shocking truth in this free report and the next alternative. Download now! http:///zpogk
Re: Google Adsense by igwe4life(m): 9:34pm On Sep 18, 2006
I am expecting my first check from Google Adsense and was wondering which Nigerian Bank would be best to cash it using a Dom Acc of course? I would also like to know of the Duration of time ittakes to cash such checks and the charges involed.
Re: Google Adsense by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:35pm On Sep 25, 2006
am new to this adsense stuff, as i didin't have a website of my own yet so i opened up a blog whic i don't really have much time to update, so i was wandering how can i atart generating the money now and could you guys help me drive up the $$ its still on zero plzzzz its http://afoworks..com
thank you.
Re: Google Adsense by sabbi(m): 1:19pm On Nov 16, 2006
Do you know that you could actually make money from your website online? Have you heard of google adsense program? This program enables you earn money by placing relevant google adverts on the homepage of your website/blogs for more information on how to go about using this unique cash generating program i suggest you visit http://www.g-adse..com.
Re: Google Adsense by ck14real(m): 1:59pm On Nov 29, 2006
[b][/b] Hello everyone i really appreciate nigerians living as brothers and sisters giving knowledge on this site,im 16 but i want to ask a favour from anyone who can help cos im desperately in need.

1,how can i get a domain name-a professional domain which i can pay for thru adsense.
or can anyone teach me how to create a website and get free hosting for sometime.
2,how to register adsense.
3,how ill get paid.
thanks
Re: Google Adsense by ck14real(m): 2:23pm On Nov 29, 2006
i beg help me teach me how to get a .com site without a credit card and pay in about 3months.
Re: Google Adsense by sabbi(m): 12:14pm On May 09, 2007
Have you been wondering how to make legitimate money from your website then i suggest that you visit http://www.goo-affil..com and get all the step by step processes and ways of making money online legitimately. You could also check out http://www.g-adse..com for more information. Thanks.
Re: Google Adsense by shole(m): 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2007
Ever wondered how to select the best keywords for your Adsense websites? Your focus is earning money as well as attracting organic traffic towards your website. Here is what you need to know while choosing a keyword, a scientific study that maps the ideal keywords for your next upcoming adsense website.

We shall first study how to choose keywords that lead to more Adsense money.
CPC - Advantages and Drawbacks

What does CPC indicate?
When we think of high paying keywords, the first thing that pops up in our mind is CPC. CPC (Cost Per Click) is the maximum amount of money an advertiser is willing to pay you for a click. Higher the CPC of a particular keywod, more will be the payouts you can expect by targeting that keyword in your AdSense websites. You can get the most accurate CPC from the source itself - Google.

However, CPC is not the only factor that tells the profitability of a keyword. There are many other factors that you should consider.
Drawbacks of CPC
- What if there are no advertisers bidding on a keyword having high CPC? Obviously, it means no one is going to pay you that high for a click.
- What if the traffic on the keyword is technical enough and does not click on ads (banner blindness)?
- What if Google gets loads of traffic on that keyword, enough to fulfill the desires of high paying advertisers? In this case, Google will only throw remaining peanuts towards you.

Obviously, Google will like to keep all the high paying ads within its own pages. So you see, CPC just shows you a small part of the entire picture. We shall explore the rest part of the picture,
Number of Sponsors - The Most Important Figure
Keywords with high CPC do not always come with high number of advertisers. There are many keywords in Google's Adwords system that have a high price, but almost no or very less number of advertisers. Now, if you build a web page or website around a keyword on which no one is bidding, Google will try to fill the ad blocks with ads of the related keywords rather than the high paying keyword you were initially targeting. There is no guarantee that ads of the related keywords will be good converters. Therefore, there is every likelihood that your clicks will be passed through SmartPricing Filter, eventually resulting in lesser payouts.

Hence, it is important to see the number of sponsors bidding on the keyword in question. If there are more the advertisers, there will be more competition among them to get the top position. This means that there will be more revenue per click that they are willing to share with you. In other words, more sponsors mean more people fighting against one another other to pay you more Adsense money.
Number of clicks on an Ad
It refers to the number of clicks an advertiser gets when his ad appears on the top. If the number of clicks and number of advertisers is less, just ignore those keywords, no matter what their CPC is. However, if the clicks per month are lower than expected, but the number of advertisers is a good one - it's the right choice for you. Such keywords are called "Niche AdSens' keywords." Here the word 'niche' is used in commercial context. This means that Google is not able to generate traffic on such keyword ads. This makes it difficult for it to exhaust the advertising budgets of the advertisers. Therefore, in order to meet its targets, Google happily shares high paying ads with you, resulting in more payouts. Try to find such "Niche AdSens' keywords."

Coming to Higher number of clicks - It indicates:

Either the traffic segment is ignorant about the online advertising concepts, and click on these ads unknowingly. This means you will experience higher CTR on your ads when placed at appropriate place. You don't have to put in much efforts to fight banner blindness.

Or, the traffic is highly commercial and willing to purchase the advertised product over internet. This means that there are very little chances of your facing the SmartPricing phenomenon.

Number of clicks along with the other stats like Number of sponsors and CPC, can enable you to make more wise decisions while choosing keywords for your AdSense content.
Bidding Quality
It's important to see the pattern in which people are bidding on a keyword. Suppose there are 400 advertisers bidding on a keyword. The top 20 of these are paying something like $15 per click, while the rest of them pay somewhere between $2 and $0.05. Now you might have found some decent tools that give you the average of top 3 or top 5 positions which is good, but not good enough. The point is that although the top 20 advertisers are paying higher, but the rest 380 advertisers are paying quite low. There is a high probability of your getting the ads of those 380 sponsors. Therefore, the average of the top 20 advertises can be really misleading. The solution to this problem is discussed in the later part of this page.

We have enough Adsense money now. Let's build some traffic on your website.
www.soladollar.e-zau.com
Re: Google Adsense by akanze: 6:46pm On Oct 29, 2007
Great info there.

Thanks man.
Re: Google Adsense by Padonet(m): 12:57pm On Oct 30, 2007
i just signed in to adsense and i understand adsense is supposed to send me an activation mail.i have not recieved the mail for over three days and i want to know if these is normal.tanx. padonet nigeria
Re: Google Adsense by akanze: 3:57pm On Oct 30, 2007
Hi Padonet,

Google will send you an e-mail with the subject "You've Got Ad"

when you see that message, that means they have accepted your site.

But, since they have not sent it, that means they are still analyzing your web/blog.

so, be patient, you will definitely recieved a mail from them telling you that "You've Got Ad" or that your site/blog was not accepted.

So, be patience.

Note: You can check your inbox for your package.

To our success!
Work At Home Nigeria.
Re: Google Adsense by Dmajesty(m): 9:20am On Jan 04, 2008
If you have site(s) that contains ads, you know the reason for having such site(s). I want to see how we can come 2geda and help ourselfs. You understand what i mean don't pretend. I will be at the centre of connection to all our members through mails and not this forum.

So if have those sites, kindly send their urls to me so that i can contact you and give our details

mailto: [email]chi4nuel4eva@yahoo.com[/email]
Topic: Adsense user
Re: Google Adsense by bestcomm(m): 5:30pm On Jan 04, 2008
I think you have a good idea here because have been thinking about this for a while but was thinking that it might not work out since nigerian are ignorant in some ways when it comes to online business.They do think negatively,even some would say is a kinda fraud which is not.

All what i would say is that we can be of help to each other to build a strong relationships between our people like building a website where naija internet marketers would meet to help each other make money online.

Pls am 100% interested in that idea.
You can write me via my mail address @ admin@makemoney4live.com

Thank you
http://www.makemoney4live.com
Re: Google Adsense by odiaseo(m): 6:34pm On Jan 04, 2008
This is a good initiative and would be of benefit to webmasters. The key to generating income on line is traffic. It can be a hectic tasks to generate enough traffic for your website to reach critical mass when it markets itself. Having networks of webmasters / bloggers working together would help in that sense.

keep this thread and initiative alive. Count me in :- http://www.peleodiase.com
Re: Google Adsense by Dmajesty(m): 9:25am On Jan 05, 2008
I believe it will be better if you mail me your email adress and the site(s) you have that contain ads so that we can be relating through mails and not this board.

mailto: [email]chi4nuel4eva@yahoo.com[/email]
Re: Google Adsense by bimbor(m): 8:23am On Jan 06, 2008
How do i join google adsense my email is abimbola_ak@yahoo.com
Re: Google Adsense by Fadajasi(m): 1:05pm On Jan 06, 2008
Mine is donmayor@mygamma.com
Re: Google Adsense by Fadajasi(m): 1:06pm On Jan 06, 2008
Are we to open an egold account?
Re: Google Adsense by Demsy(m): 10:26am On Jan 07, 2008
mail me at:

info@marchending.com
Re: Google Adsense by DualCore1: 11:43am On Jan 07, 2008
i think this is cool. lets create a central place we can talk. lipsrsealed i have a forum we can use lipsrsealed or maybe we can use yahoo conferencing.
someone should come up with an idea on how to get a central place, plz
Re: Google Adsense by internetpo(m): 2:26pm On Jan 07, 2008
please I am a new adsense publisher and a new webmaster, my site is www.siscocommunications.com I want to know the difference between, A clickthru rate, Impressions, hits,Visits and Unique Visits.
Re: Google Adsense by my2cents(m): 3:49pm On Jan 07, 2008
I will take a stab at these. You probably want to do a google search or wiki search for verification purposes (Note to the "holier than thou" crowd - please note that I said "You probably want to do a google search or wiki search for verification purposes" which implies I in no way am claiming to be an expert on the subject):

1) Impression: Number of times an ad of a particular size shows. So if you have 3 ads on a page, all of which are 728x90 and I visit your page, that will be 3 impressions for that ad size. On the other hand, if you have 3 different ad sizes on a page and visit the same page, that would be 1 ad impression each for each ad size.

2) clickthru rate: The number of clicks for a particular ad size. Again, if you have 100 impressions for a particular ad size but only 3 people clicked on the ad, the clickthru rate = 3/100 = .03%

3) Hits: This probably could be equated to "Visits" in that it refers to the number of times a page has been visited. So what is the difference b/w a visit and a unique visit? Read #4 below.

4) Let's say I offer to pay you $10 for every visit (1 visit = 1 entry. 10 visits, even by the same person = 10 visits) to your house and A, B and C take advantage of this. A comes in and leaves 10 times, B does same twice and C none at all. Visits to your house = 10 + 2 + 0 = 12. However, unique visits, as in the number of visits by a unique individual = 2.

You might appreciate what the above means for a company, in terms of money they are willing to spend on advertising. Just because I see an ad on your site doesn't mean I will click on it so as to see what I might buy, hence the clickthru rate. If you see Dakore's Amstel advert does that mean you are going to buy Amstel? Probably not. Also, which would you prefer as a business owner: showing the same ad 100 times to the same person (aka visits) or the same ad 1 time each to 100 people (aka unique visits)? Which scenario do you think has a better chance of raking in more revenue per "visit"?

I hope this helps.
Re: Google Adsense by coolmoney: 5:45pm On Jan 07, 2008
Please i need a little help from the house,i would like to have an insight to what google adsense,adwords is all about,how to start?,how it works?and how one makes money from it.i dont mind paying for the service, please.

sheye, coolsheye@yahoo.com, 08033764459.Thanks
Re: Google Adsense by brushparke(m): 6:10pm On Jan 09, 2008
i am in .
i think i like the idea.
i can offer my forum for our discussion if that's okay. I have an internet business section.
mail me : brushparke@yahoo.com
Re: Google Adsense by cashstream: 8:03pm On Jan 09, 2008
I really must commend you on this!

It is only in Nigeria that webmasters don't come together to exchange links and help build PR rankings. I believe with this idea of yours, that will be a forgotten issue.

For me, I am very much interested. My e-mail is successpips@yahoo.com

Hope to hear from you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Send Document Files Like PDF On Whatsapp / Top 10 Blogs That Accept Guest Posts In Nigeria / Facebook Introduces ‘Love,’ ‘Wow,’ ‘Haha’, Goes Beyond 'Likes'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.