Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (455415 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 6:20am On Feb 25, 2009
News Release
Canada’s government to help temporary foreign workers and foreign student graduates become permanent residents

Waterloo, August 12, 2008 — The Honourable Diane Finley, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, today announced the details of the Canadian Experience Class, a proposed new avenue for immigration for certain temporary foreign workers and foreign student graduates with Canadian work experience. Unlike other existing programs, this proposal will allow an applicant’s Canadian experience to be considered a key selection factor when immigrating to Canada.

The Canadian Experience Class will allow certain temporary foreign workers and certain foreign student graduates with managerial, professional, or technical or trade work experience to apply to become permanent residents, and eventually Canadian citizens. All applicants, depending on their occupational skill level, will be required to demonstrate either basic or moderate language skills. Proposed regulatory changes have been pre-published in the Canada Gazette for a 15-day comment period. Final regulatory changes will be published following this comment period.

“The Canadian Experience Class is one more measure this government is proposing to make our immigration system more attractive and accessible to individuals with diverse skills from around the world, and more responsive to Canada’s labour market needs,” said Minister Finley. “This new proposed avenue for immigration would also go further to spread the benefits of immigration into smaller centres across Canada.”

Temporary foreign workers and foreign students are generally spread out across the country and contribute to the growth of smaller communities as well as metropolitan areas. Individuals applying for permanent residence through this new avenue could apply from within Canada while continuing to work and continuing to contribute to their local communities.

The Canadian Experience Class comes after a number of recent initiatives the government has undertaken to help newcomers succeed and to help make Canada a more attractive destination for skilled individuals from around the world. These initiatives include changes to the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program; the establishment of the Foreign Credentials Referral Office; increased investments in language training and other programs and services aimed at helping newcomers successfully settle and integrate into their new communities; and, most recently, changes to the immigration system that would allow for priority processing of certain skilled applicants and reduced wait times for those wanting to immigrate to Canada.

Through the Canadian Experience Class, newcomers will be more likely to make the most of their abilities while undergoing a more seamless social and economic transition to Canada. And, in turn, their cultural and economic contributions will enrich Canada.

“Choosing newcomers based on knowledge of our labour market and experience within Canadian society would make Canada a more attractive destination for skilled individuals from around the world,” added Minister Finley. “International students and skilled workers would be more likely to choose Canada if they knew their time in Canada and contribution to Canadian society would assist in their eligibility to apply to stay permanently.”

For further information (media only), please contact:

Tim Vail
Press Secretary
Minister’s Office
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
613-954-1064

Media Relations
Communications Branch
613-952-1650

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2008/2008-08-12.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 28, 2009
teachme:

Hello nairalander,
i have just been offeered admission into 2 different university in canada, both of them dont require toefl since i applied from an english speaking country.
i am 22 yrs, been on a voulountry work since i graduted from secoundary school.
letters backing that up are available.
Now my questions is, do i need to write toefl, dont know if the embassy requires that.
and what are the documents i need to submit, and my sponsor is: my dad's sister's husband, like my dad sis family is sponsoring me.
i need urgent reply cos my letter from the schools are avaialble, and i would like to apply on time.
Thanks ,

@ teachme, which universities did u got your admission from, i sent you an offline , pls do get back at me,

I could also help u figure out what and what next ya need do.

Cheers.

Thank
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 28, 2009
faakay:

News Release
Canada’s government to help temporary foreign workers and foreign student graduates become permanent residents

Waterloo, August 12, 2008 — The Honourable Diane Finley, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, today announced the details of the Canadian Experience Class, a proposed new avenue for immigration for certain temporary foreign workers and foreign student graduates with Canadian work experience. Unlike other existing programs, this proposal will allow an applicant’s Canadian experience to be considered a key selection factor when immigrating to Canada.

The Canadian Experience Class will allow certain temporary foreign workers and certain foreign student graduates with managerial, professional, or technical or trade work experience to apply to become permanent residents, and eventually Canadian citizens. All applicants, depending on their occupational skill level, will be required to demonstrate either basic or moderate language skills. Proposed regulatory changes have been pre-published in the Canada Gazette for a 15-day comment period. Final regulatory changes will be published following this comment period.

“The Canadian Experience Class is one more measure this government is proposing to make our immigration system more attractive and accessible to individuals with diverse skills from around the world, and more responsive to Canada’s labour market needs,” said Minister Finley. “This new proposed avenue for immigration would also go further to spread the benefits of immigration into smaller centres across Canada.”

Temporary foreign workers and foreign students are generally spread out across the country and contribute to the growth of smaller communities as well as metropolitan areas. Individuals applying for permanent residence through this new avenue could apply from within Canada while continuing to work and continuing to contribute to their local communities.

The Canadian Experience Class comes after a number of recent initiatives the government has undertaken to help newcomers succeed and to help make Canada a more attractive destination for skilled individuals from around the world. These initiatives include changes to the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program; the establishment of the Foreign Credentials Referral Office; increased investments in language training and other programs and services aimed at helping newcomers successfully settle and integrate into their new communities; and, most recently, changes to the immigration system that would allow for priority processing of certain skilled applicants and reduced wait times for those wanting to immigrate to Canada.

Through the Canadian Experience Class, newcomers will be more likely to make the most of their abilities while undergoing a more seamless social and economic transition to Canada. And, in turn, their cultural and economic contributions will enrich Canada.

“Choosing newcomers based on knowledge of our labour market and experience within Canadian society would make Canada a more attractive destination for skilled individuals from around the world,” added Minister Finley. “International students and skilled workers would be more likely to choose Canada if they knew their time in Canada and contribution to Canadian society would assist in their eligibility to apply to stay permanently.”

For further information (media only), please contact:

Tim Vail
Press Secretary
Minister’s Office
613-954-1064

Media Relations
Communications Branch
613-952-1650

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2008/2008-08-12.asp

Thanks for the post and up to date info, but you did n't mention anything of your kinda interest to assist any one in any way, or further look for a way of local contacts for better assistance, hence your info i think is worthless, to some persons.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 28, 2009
Nice,can u pls send all d info 2 me:sescop08@yahoo.com
I will apply 2 those universities dat dont request 4 toefl
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 28, 2009
Nice,can u pls send all d info 2 me:sescop08@yahoo.com
I will apply 2 those universities dat dont request 4 toefl
Re: Travelling To Canada by teachme(m): 12:04am On Mar 06, 2009
jhgfd
Re: Travelling To Canada by teachme(m): 12:18am On Mar 06, 2009
Re: Travelling To Canada by tonio2: 8:58pm On Mar 06, 2009
Delta, teachme, brein et al,
I strongly suggest that you guys post most of your discussions on this thread not thru private emails and other means, cos thats the only way other pple will stay informed and those with similar issues will be able to learn from, or solve their problems.
Im saying this cos this site really helped me during my visa appl process, so the only meaningful way we can give back is to share as much as we can, all info will be helpful no matter how insignificnt it may seem.
thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by gongoaso1: 3:15pm On Mar 07, 2009
hi,
nice thread.need advise on securing a visa to school in canada. i m targeting the university of alberta for msc in materials eng. that also happens to be my major in undergrad. what specific docs will i need to present @the visa interview and application , plus am a corper currently serving but billed to pass out in july. do i need my nysc certificate or i should go ahead and apply for the visa. another thing, the admission is most likely gonna come wwith some 25k per year funding (its for two years). do i still need to provide sponsor bank account details? if yes i plan using my sister's, she is a banker. the tuition per year is like 8000cad, what balance atleast needs to be in the account so we can start moving funds now? what r my chances. its 2009 fall admission we r talking about pls.
i need to know this things asap as i already have admission (mech eng)plus grad asst to olemiss in the us, so im kinda weighing my options.
thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by cnonyechi(f): 9:42pm On Mar 12, 2009
pls oooh i nd advice here.i applied for d skilled worker's visa to canada.i submitted all d documents to d embassy at Ghana including a draft thru dhl but right nw its going to be a month tomorrow and i hav still nt heard 4rm d embassy.at least to acknowledge the reciept of d draft.pls people watdo i do?
Re: Travelling To Canada by chijewel(f): 10:05am On Mar 13, 2009
I got my study visa yesterday and I want to thank God and everyone who has contributed to this thread cos a lot of the info I got form here helped me in my application.
It was my 2nd application and it took about a month for it to be approved. My advice to anyone who is applying wld be to make sure u include every document CDHC requests and more. I think that’s why I didn’t get it the 1st time. And pray.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:08am On Mar 14, 2009
Congrats gurl, so what skool would u be attending?
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 4:02pm On Mar 16, 2009
mikkyfara:
Embassy have no right to examine your qualification.The institution goes through all this processing, if you qualify: admission letter, approval e-mail and other things will be sent to you. EMBASSY DO NOT ACCESS YOUR DEGREE, W.A.E.C OR G.C.E .Their own is to make sure you meet their requirement @ the high commission. Also, no institution have the right to question their representative high commission. They have the final says. ''Wake up Nigerians'' . The school will state that in their document that, they have no access to speed or initiate your visa. Holla me( visionpeacec@yahoo.com) for more professional touch. Good luck my brothers and sisters.

Who told you this lie? They have EVERY RIGHT to assess your degree or WAEC. If your documents are false then you are applying under false pretext and they can thus deny you a visa. Even the school can be fooled, that is why the Canadian High Commission will contact your university to VERIFY your degree before issuing a visa to you. How can the embassy have no right to assess your degrees if that is the reason you are applying?

I am speaking from personal experience not from any 'professional touch'.

@ gongo aso

Go to the high commission and pick up an application package with all the documents required. The requirements sometimes change - i.e sometimes they want all documents submitted at once, other times they want a few and then others later or they want the medical test before the interview or afterward.

I'd suggest you apply for the US visa since you already have admission and a grad assistantship. Do you have a means of paying the school fees in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada by gongoaso1: 5:06pm On Mar 17, 2009
@debosky
thanks ur reply was insightful. no means of paying the tutions o cry. was just trying to pick between countries, thats assuming the canadian admission comes with scholarship. but will it be possible to apply for the two visas simultaneously? sort of 'if one no gree, the other go gree'
Re: Travelling To Canada by tonio2: 10:14pm On Mar 17, 2009
gongo aso,
Yes you will need proof of funding even if you are expecting funding from the school, why because to a large extent the continuation of your student funding by the school will depend on you maintaning excellent grades and the embassy will want a situation whereby you are still able to support your education incase funding stops. you can use your sister- hope its your blood sister to avoid any complications and explanations at the interview stage.
also i suggest that u apply to the US embassy immediately since uve gotten an admission and grad asst. I was also in your shoes b4 ie i got admissions to both US and canadian schools i decided to aply for canadian visa first, my passport was with them for 4 months and by yhe time they gave me back, the admission date of the school in US had elapsed. i was lucky to be given the visa if not i wld have lost 2 admissions.
US study visa is completed in a day(once you get an interview date)
In all, make sure you decide quickly and apply as soon as possible(right now) for sept entry! it will be difficult to get an interview date with the US embassy as august approaches also, the canadian embassy will waste more time on your apllication due to the volumes of applications they both recieve in summer.
Feel free to discuss whatever problems you have on this thread and not some shoddy people telling you to contact them for advice through their emails!if you follow instructions clearly you'll get your visa k?
wishing you the best!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 1:08pm On Mar 18, 2009
aydracula:

@ chi-jewel. Congrats. Please when did the embassy invite you for the medicals and what was the duration between the time you took your medicals and the time the visa was granted to you.

@ Delta 007, is Delta still online on this board? We need your contributions ooo.
Yup. I'm in and out; been pretty busy lately. What's your question?

BTW, are you the one who sent an email?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 1:14pm On Mar 18, 2009
aydracula:

@ Delta, yes I am the one that sent the email. Wassup. Any news

Well, I'd advise you to be patient. Medicals take at least 3wks plus; this is just your third week. . .I'd give it a month and if I dont hear from the consulate, I'd give them a call/visit. Goodluck
Re: Travelling To Canada by marydre: 1:33pm On Mar 18, 2009
Hi everyone, can someone who is not related to you and also resides in canada stand as your sponsor? I Want to know before I submit my application for a study permit.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 3:15pm On Mar 18, 2009
marydre:

Hi everyone, can someone who is not related to you and also resides in canada stand as your sponsor? I Want to know before I submit my application for a study permit.
It's possible but it's a pretty hard sell especially when you consider the " Nigerian" factor. Also, you have to remember that the onus is on you to prove that you can fund your way thru school AND you have very strong ties to your home country; meaning you'd be more or less compelled to leave for home when you complete your program. So, if your sponsor is not related to you and s/he is based in Canada, how do you sell that to the consul who is already sceptical?

BTW, this is solely my opinion; you may be quite lucky; you never know but I'd look for a better alternative.

aydracula:

@ Delta, thanks. I have called the hospital in VI to find out when they sent the medicals and they said it was sent a week after and that it will take five days to get to Paris. You can imagine that after they told me that the medicals will be sent latest on Wednesday. I took the medicals on a Saturday. But thanks for your advice. If after 4 weeks I have not heard from them, I will pay the embassy a visit.
The hospital usually waits for a few medical applicants to come in before they send to Paris. They usually courier all of them together to save money. wink
Re: Travelling To Canada by chijewel(f): 4:01pm On Mar 18, 2009
@aydracula
i submitted d application on the 9th of february and i did my medicals on the 19th of feb. i got d visa and documents back on 12th of march.
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 4:27pm On Mar 18, 2009
aydracula:

@Chi-jewel,
Congrats once again. The irony of it is that we submitted our applications the same day but I did my medicals on the 28th ten days after yours. Did you take your test in VI too? Biko, when do you intend to travel so we can plan ahead together? And since your studies is starting September I presume, how many months visa did they give you and is single or multiple entry? Sorry for my many questions. Just to have a clue. Have a great day.

You are only given a SINGLE ENTRY visa by the Canadian High Commission, NOT a student visa.

You will however be issued with a letter instructing the Citizens and Immigration (CIC) official at the port of entry to issue you with a study visa, which will usually be for the duration of your course + a month or 2.

ay you need to go to the embassy to inquire as to why you haven't heard anything. Sometimes they are delaying for a 'flimsy' reason, and till you show up, they might not clear it up. It is an annoying behaviour of the CDHC.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 4:56pm On Mar 18, 2009
debosky:

You are only given a SINGLE ENTRY visa by the Canadian High Commission, NOT a student visa.

You will however be issued with a letter instructing the Citizens and Immigration (CIC) official at the port of entry to issue you with a study visa, which will usually be for the duration of your course + a month or 2.

ay you need to go to the embassy to inquire as to why you haven't heard anything. Sometimes they are delaying for a 'flimsy' reason, and till you show up, they might not clear it up. It is an annoying behaviour of the CDHC.
Debosky,how body?

I have seen them they give MULTIPLE entry, especially when the Visa is long term.
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 5:00pm On Mar 18, 2009
Delta007:

Debosky,how body?

I have seen them they give MULTIPLE entry, especially when the Visa is long term.
I dey o Delta, hope NS is treating you well wink

While people can get multiple entry, it is rarely given on the [i]first [/i]application to prevent abuse.

If a person were to travel with the single and return to Nigeria and subsequently apply for another entry visa, then you would most likely get a multiple entry. In fact, once in Canada, you can easily apply to Buffalo and you will get a multiple entry visa without hassle.
Re: Travelling To Canada by chijewel(f): 5:12pm On Mar 18, 2009
aydracula:

@Chi-jewel,
Congrats once again. The irony of it is that we submitted our applications the same day but I did my medicals on the 28th ten days after yours. Did you take your test in VI too? Biko, when do you intend to travel so we can plan ahead together? And since your studies is starting September I presume, how many months visa did they give you and is single or multiple entry? Sorry for my many questions. Just to have a clue. Have a great day.

Thanks. I did d test in abuja. my studies starts in may. i'll be leaving sometime next month not sure yet. and the visa is just as debosky described. Dont worry. All will be well
Re: Travelling To Canada by teachme(m): 12:55pm On Mar 19, 2009
yes
Re: Travelling To Canada by chijewel(f): 5:18pm On Mar 19, 2009
teachme:

Hello chi-jewel,
congrats!!!
i just have little problems.
1: did u write toefl?
2: what will my sponsor provide, (i have 2 people that can sponsor 1 ownes a company, and the other works under a company) (what is also meant by notary bla bla bla
3: do i need to pay part of the tution fee? did u?
4: i have my acceptance/admission letter.
5: were u called for an interview? if yes: wht are their major questions asked,
6: how should i apply, via drop box or courier?

I would be very grateful if u answer this questions so as to enable we the new applicants, get favored.
and more so, i will like to contact u to get some more detials from you, which i might not like to ask. on here, lol, wink

Help oh,

Awaiting ur positive replies, that could give someone a canadian visa.

I wrote Toefl but d skool didnt need it.

I also used also used a company account. i got bank statements and a letter from the banks saying the company was capable of sponsoring me. i got a board resolution from the board of directors. the notorized affidavit is kinda like a letter saying ur sponsors are will sponsor u till d end of ur program stamped by lawyer who is certified to do that. (i can send u a sample if i get ur email address)

i didnt pay my fees

i wasnt called for an interview

i used drop box. but i guess courier is also ok. i used UPS for the pre-paid envelope and i got my documents back

hope this helps

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.