Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (454796 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 4:25pm On Aug 27, 2008
Tj,

I am on study leave already and funnily, I used the office facilities to do everything.

I believe my letter is still on the system in the office, but am out of town else would have gone there to check forit.

If u look at the application form, u wd see what they expect ur introduction letter to contain.

Be careful to make sure there is consistency in all ur story. Pls.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by tonio2: 4:59pm On Aug 27, 2008
@ Ay
yeah i actually saw that i was to include the courier env, but i just assumed it was for pple that didnt send one initially. well that is that! if they call, i could probably get one across. doing it pro actively might end up in getting missing. but im really wondering what on earth they are still investigating up till now wld hv thought it was my medicals but the clinic confirmed no prbls. infact on monday i was just telling them to give me an ans either yes or no, i'll be fine with any decision, @ least ill be able to move on,
Re: Travelling To Canada by tjadeba(m): 8:26am On Sep 04, 2008
Hi everyone,
i want to know if its wise to use my mum's financial documents (in actual fact,she is the one thats going to sponsor my education).she lives and works in the UK.I want to know if the CDHC guys wont say i dont have enough family ties although all my other siblings (4) live in Nigeria and i have evidences to show that i have economic ties with Nigeria like my parent's landed properties.
Please i need your advice on this issue because i am submitting by next week.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 11:10am On Sep 04, 2008
tjadeba
how old are you?
Re: Travelling To Canada by tjadeba(m): 9:12am On Sep 05, 2008
26+ years, in other words,you are saying its impossible to be granted a study permit when being sponsored by another person after 21.
Re: Travelling To Canada by nedureg01(m): 2:12pm On Sep 19, 2008
Sup y'all,
it's seems like this thread's gradually going extinct?if care is not taken, the moderator'll soon delete this thread.no word 4rm folks(Delta, Ezy, megastu, Aydewale and co) and most unpardonable is aydewale.where's everyone and hope y'all doing well?by the way, i just want to use this opportunity to thank everyone who ccontributed one way or the other to this thread.i must confess that the info passed across this platform has helped many secure their canadian visa, especially student visa.
at last, my visa was granted wednesday last week, as a matter of fact am already in Calgary running my skul paroles.

@ Aydewale,
where u dey?i thot u said u were going to study in Calgary? i am around and would like to reach u.

take care.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 3:42pm On Sep 19, 2008
awwww, congrats ooo, how is da weather?
Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 4:43pm On Sep 19, 2008
woooowwwwww
congrats !!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by nedureg01(m): 7:32pm On Sep 19, 2008
thanks.
the weather's not too bad but it's a bit cold and very dry.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 7:51pm On Sep 19, 2008
oh k, Toronto is still like summer but at night da temperature drops but still nice
Re: Travelling To Canada by K2: 9:34pm On Sep 19, 2008
nedureg01:

thanks.
the weather's not too bad but it's a bit cold and very dry.
Congratulations.  Just try and learn and understand how Western world works and not jump into the first thing that looks good to you so you don't make dumb mistakes. Do you say Calgary? Chei,  Prepare very well. It's going to get very very very and very cold.  grin
Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 4:09am On Sep 22, 2008
Hi Everyone,

Just settling down, that's why ve been off air. Am relatively settled now. Abeg no vex. Sure am a Nairalander for life just the way am a MANU fan 4 life.

Regards Igb; Delta & evryone,  would be home in December for my wedding,
Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 4:12am On Sep 22, 2008
Sorry TJ,

Saw ur posts late. Just settled down in Canada and ve not been Nairalanding much that's y am sorry. i believe the good lord would be merciful to you in Jesus name.

All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 9:23am On Sep 22, 2008
ayde my man
nice hearing from you again. hope u are ok and doing great!
Re: Travelling To Canada by tjadeba(m): 2:40pm On Sep 22, 2008
aydewale:

Sorry TJ,

Saw ur posts late. Just settled down in Canada and ve not been Nairalanding much that's y am sorry. i believe the good lord would be merciful to you in Jesus name.

All the best.
A-M-E-N, thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by chijewel(f): 4:03pm On Sep 24, 2008
Hello all,

Please i'll be submitting my application to CHDC next week and my parents are my sponsors. They own a company. I;ld like to know if i have to include the originals of the company documents ( cert. of incorporation, article of memorandum, tax clearance cert.) or will photo copies do.
And also will the 7th of october be too late to submit the application for resumption in January?

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada by nedureg01(m): 5:10pm On Sep 24, 2008
@ chi-jewel
i guess it's quite late but you can still go ahead and forward your application cos i have seen some folks who submitted their aplications much later than the 3-months deadline and still got considered.in my own opinion submit d original copy of ALL relevant docs(if it wont really affect your sponsors business in anyway) but bear in my mind that these docs may stay for as long as 4-5 months.i wish you success iin your visa application.
Re: Travelling To Canada by megastu(m): 12:41pm On Sep 25, 2008
Congrats, Adywale et al. Make sure you do not get carried away with life in Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada by netotse(m): 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2008
chi-jewel:

Hello all,

Please i'll be submitting my application to CHDC next week and my parents are my sponsors. They own a company. I;ld like to know if i have to include the originals of the company documents ( cert. of incorporation, article of memorandum, tax clearance cert.) or will photo copies do.
And also will the 7th of october be too late to submit the application for resumption in January?

Thanks.

it would be wise if u could include a letter or somefink from the company board(even if its made up of/by ur parents) saying that they have no prob with ur education being funded from the coy acct(dont know about canada but i know the british get funny when it comes to company accounts and applications)
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 08, 2008
Hello all,

Please how important is the three months deadline before school resumption to the CHDC. I want to apply for January intake but im yet to recieve my acceptance letter and its 8th of October already. The admission process just started in mid september, so im gonna receive the acceptance letter soonest.

Can they refuse an application just because of not meeting the 3 months deadline? or do i write a cover letter to indicate it was not possible to meet the three months dealdline perfectly on dot?

Please help, Im extremely concerned about this.
Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 3:16pm On Oct 08, 2008
@ kennis

congratulations on your acceptance. Canadian embassy here in Nigeria is a nightmare. I think you are already running late. The visa officers are extremely laidback and clumsy.
If you are outside the country , your case might be processed before 2 months or less but for naija,, Hmmm I cannot guarantee.
Can you try global visas? they help get visas for people and the process is faster, they operate from the UK and they have a higher success rate. Am not sure of their website address but it wont hurt you to search.

Goodluck with your application.
Re: Travelling To Canada by home1986: 7:31pm On Oct 08, 2008
Hello all, i need help here, if i got a shares Certificate would i have to send the originals to them or make photocopies,
Re: Travelling To Canada by nedureg01(m): 5:55am On Oct 09, 2008
@ home1986

CDHC gives some due consideration to shares, but i can assure you dat they wont accept original or photocopies of share certificates (even if u submit them).i had similar problems when i applied for a student visa and the shares stuff was what turned out to be d stumbling block.d embassy said dey can only verify shares that are lodged in the Central stocks clearing system(CSCS) and as at that time my sponsor didnt have an account with CSCS.it was until he opened an account & enuff shares reflected in his CSCS account that dey called me to come and pick up my visa.so, in my opinion, shares may improve ur chances cos it's also securities, but it may mar ur application if such shares arent lodged wit CSCS.believe me, d embassy would use that as a very sweet excuse to delay(or deny) ur visa approval.
i guess u have to act fast cos d CSCS process takes as much as 2 - 4months to sail thru.i wish u luck in ur application.
Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 6:55pm On Oct 14, 2008
Hi evryone:

Canada really is a good place but I do really think apart from coming here to study, Nigeria in my view, is better esp. if u ve a good job. Over here I see our brothers washing plates. Bankers in Nigeria, driving cabs and they can't go back cause of shame.

Even the skilled workers program in my view is not as it seems. I am not trying to discourage anyone but am here by God's grace and I see what pple are going through. maybe with a good job sha, u wd be ok. But looking at the bills pple ve to pay and the way most pple get indebted! I think Niger may not be as bad as anyone thinks. It's always greener on the other side really, until u get there.

Igb: ow far with ur plans for ur Masters? IO wish everyone going to the embassy good luck. Try to make ur application 'fool proof' and leave nothing to chance.

All the best. I return once am done with my Masters except I get a Phd. offer which I wd take and still return to Nigeria thereafter.

Canada good but no be like the way we dey see am from Nigeria! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 12:52pm On Oct 15, 2008
@adewale.

thank you my brother. am sure you are fine and waxing. please email me for personal yarns. am tuned in and locked on to dundee for my masters.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tonio2: 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2008
Hey all,
Ive finally gotten my visa. Thanks to y'all for your timely and insightful advice! although it came late, i had to defer my admission till jan 09.
The bottom line is that applications should be made early (much earlier than the stated deadlines) you wont believe i applied since mid may and it wasn't until late September before i got a call from the high commission telling me to get a new start date from the school, unfortunately the school said they couldn't accommodate mid term candidates and thus i had to settle for jan entry. somehow its ok 4 me cos I'll get to save up a lil more b4 jan grin my only worry is turning up in the middle of winter, i hope Windsor turns out less colder than i think!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2008
Congrats, My cuzzin got his own 2 but he arrived Canada on tuesday so hez starting school in Jan, try and come early even though you are staying Jan. to get everything that needs to get dome before you start school.

Oh, u will see lots of Naija in Windsor, Windor wont be that cold and I really don't think this winter will be bad, r u going for undergraduate or graduate studies?
Re: Travelling To Canada by megastu(m): 4:10pm On Oct 17, 2008
Aydewale, I do not totally agree with you. It all depends on the individual. As for me, i hate the traffic in Lagos so much that i might not even mind to drive cab in Canada than to be going through this traffic everyday. Anyway, i have just gotten visas for myself and my wife to spend the christmas holidays abroad. I will come back sha.
Re: Travelling To Canada by punkqueen: 4:14pm On Oct 17, 2008
megastu:

Aydewale, I do not totally agree with you. It all depends on the individual. As for me, i hate the traffic in Lagos so much that i might not even mind to drive cab in Canada than to be going through this traffic everyday. Anyway, i have just gotten visas for myself and my wife to spend the christmas holidays abroad. I will come back sha.

I am sure you are joking , leave Lagos to drive a Cab in Canada. LMAO !!!!! Not sure what is better congestion or 20inches of snow. You sound like a smart guy . I am sure you will find better opps than that
Re: Travelling To Canada by tonio2: 1:39pm On Oct 18, 2008
Ezinwannem:

Congrats, My cuzzin got his own 2 but he arrived Canada on tuesday so hez starting school in Jan, try and come early even though you are staying Jan. to get everything that needs to get dome before you start school.

Oh, u will see lots of Naija in Windsor, Windor wont be that cold and I really don't think this winter will be bad, r u going for undergraduate or graduate studies?

Thanks Ezinwannem
Will be going for MEng in Elect/comp eng'g. was planning to leave just after Christmas because the school will be closed from23-1st of jan so not much i can do in terms of academic stuff and reg. but considering accommodation, I'm tryn to secure a place using places4students.com in that case i can pre-arrange my accommodation, though my friend says its better i go there first and see things on ground , still weighing the options, not decided yet, sure this forum will bail me out again!
Re: Travelling To Canada by elctroguru(m): 1:15pm On Oct 24, 2008
Is there any correct online directry for DV cannadian lottery which is online registeration? Pls i need it befor it closes. And if any one know a true surce. I heard that people do pay for registration fee on like US that dosent. Pls i need info befor i fall on wrong source.
Re: Travelling To Canada by elctroguru(m): 1:16pm On Oct 24, 2008
Is there any correct online directry for DV cannadian lottery which is online registeration? Pls i need it befor it closes. And if any one know a true surce. I heard that people do pay for registration fee on like US that dosent. Pls i need info befor i fall on wrong source.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.