Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,313 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (455425 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 6:24pm On Jul 22, 2010
marcar:

I will advice you go to CDHC in person and fill the request form

01-271 5650 {for inquiries Monday to Thursday 3-4pm only}. I called this number several times during my application processing.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 6:39pm On Jul 22, 2010
Delta007:

@chamber2, Am still in Naija

I wanted to inquire if this scenario is possible.

A friend and I, due in Ualberta, are still trying to acquire study leave approvals at our workplaces. Already have entry visa.

Is it possible that we land in Canada this Fall; enroll as students; acheive activities such as SIN and bank account openings, possibly residency and acclimitazation (total duration of 3 weeks). After that request a defer of studies till Winter or next Fall, travel back to Naija and return to commence studies after concluding with employers.

This allows to avoid not 'landing' and having to go through entire student visa processing again. Also having in mind that possible 2-year study permit to be issued at port of entry would still be valid by time of re-entry.
---------------------------------------------

@Rare, are your landing? Or are you coming in as a student?

Landing usually refers to Permanent Residents arriving (landing) Canada for the "first" time.

Based on your other posts, you are likely a student coming in with a single entry Visa. What I would do is, as soon as you arrive, apply to Buffalo for a multiple TRV by post (it will be a tall order to even get an appointment for a US Visa, and I doubt they'd even grant you one since you just came in; not impossible tho). It usually takes about 2-3 wks by post. You can give them any reason like you plan to travel to Nigeria for christmas break, etc. That way, when you leave Canada, you can return. If you make the mistake of flying back to Lagos, you will have to reapply to CHDC, Lagos. With a study permit (which you will get when you first arrive), it may be alot easier since you wont have to go thru medicals, etc but those people in Lagos defy all forms of logic and common sense. You can probably open a bank account as alot of banks come on campus during the first couple weeks of the session to "catch" new customers otherwise you may need to book an appointment etc; I do not think you will be able to get a SIN because you do not have a work permit and you are not eligible for one unless you have a job with your university. 3 wks is possible to get yourself sorted but that's really pushing it. Do you have accommodation sorted? You probably already paid part of your tuition. To get a full refund, you have to apply within a certain date. Sometimes, some institutions may refuse to make any refunds (especially the first year) because they vouched for you when the embassy contacted them. These are things you have to sort out. Goodluck!

@Delta007; Thanks for the correction of use of the word "landing" for immigration purposes. I am coming in as a student with single entry TRV, as you rightly said.
You mentioned something that could really actualise my plan. Are you serious about the 2-3 weeks duration to apply for multiple TRV by post to Buffalo ? Is this really, really practical ?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 9:10pm On Jul 22, 2010
Rare:

@Delta007; Thanks for the correction of use of the word "landing" for immigration purposes. I am coming in as a student with single entry TRV, as you rightly said.
You mentioned something that could really actualise my plan. Are you serious about the 2-3 weeks duration to apply for multiple TRV by post to Buffalo ? Is this really, really practical ?

Very practical.

99dreamkid:

Hi guys,
Please can someone provide me with a functional CDHC phone number. The numbers I got from their website- 012622512/13/15 didn't go through. Thanks in advance.
Forget the number. Go to the CDHC and request to see someone. Make sure you get there before 8am and be as polite as you can be to the security guys while trying to press your case. Good luck!
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 9:18pm On Jul 22, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Permit makes your number fall under some categories Sir.

Thanks sir, I am glad we agree on that.

Are you aware that when a particular number is the first number on the SIN, it signifies something and employers knows that?
I am sure you are aware of that.

Apart from jobs that require you to have security clearances, you can do any job as long as you have the right work permit while holding a SIN card with an expiry date.

So i am sure you know i am not saying it is the number that will limit where you can work, but the kinda number that starts your SIN will indicate where you can work or if you could work at all.

The SIN number will never determine whether or not you can work, nor where you can work (with the exception of security clearance jobs) - it is your work permit that will do so.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tommee: 12:39am On Jul 23, 2010
Hi nairalanders plz i need ur advice on this process of travel to canada,there is a particular company advert in the news paper,d company is called belvic global which claims dat they help people who are work and live in canada they are based in opebi in ikeja lagos.The requirement is that u will pay 40,000naira for the application and processing in which will take up to 4 to 6 months after then when the visa is ready u will be required to pay 200,000naira b4 it would handed over to u and on getting to canada u they will secure u a job and they will start deducting from ur salary till it complete 1mill naira .they also said the package includes accomodation on arrival.plz does anybody know about this company,has anybody tried it with any of such companies plz i need advice the package seems very flexible and also sound too good to be true anybody in canada ,nigeria with xperience or details plz help a brother with sufficient details tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada by DaRealman1: 7:37am On Jul 23, 2010
Hi I have an HND in computer science and wish to pursue a postgraduate course in infotech (up to MSc).
Does anyone know any uni/college that admits HND holders for postgraduate certs/diploma/degree?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Gnexplore: 7:31pm On Jul 23, 2010
Hello All,

Blessed be the creator and the good members of this forum!

As you all have helped many in need, please i need the contact of any kind person living in Ottawa, Canada!
I have been admitted into University of Ottawa for MSc and have a visa, but dont know any one there.

Please any other advice and tips about job in Ottawa and Canada are highly appreciated.
This my email: chinweub@yahoo.com

God Bless!
Re: Travelling To Canada by deneks4: 6:19pm On Jul 24, 2010
@99dreamkid, i beg o, i dey the same wahala o, please the oe tym u get hold of a solution, i beg let me know, am so scared, am just hoping it is not that they want to deny me o
Re: Travelling To Canada by deneks4: 6:26pm On Jul 24, 2010
@99dreamkid, i beg o, i dey the same wahala o, please o, anytym u get hold of a solution,or hear from them, i beg let me know, am so scared, am just hoping it is not that they want to deny me o
Re: Travelling To Canada by 99dreamkid: 10:41am On Jul 25, 2010
Dear friends,
Make una help me thank God this sunday morning. I just received instructions to go for my medical today. I was tracking d return envelope number around 11pm last night ( I do that regularly) and saw that the mail had left the CDHC on Friday. The kind tension wey come hold me no even gree me sleep well for night and i knew I couldnt last up till Monday for d mail to be delivered. So I made some calls and was able to retrieve my package today and 'lo and behold' it was d instructions for medicals. I am trying not to get too excited cos it is not the end yet but thank God for this progress.Please I need some help with regards to the medicals. I want to do it in Abuja this Tuesday but I dont know if i need to make an appointment first or just show up? I tried calling d numbers of d Zankli Medical Center but I couldnt get thru to them. Please anyone that has used the Abuja Clinic, how did u go about it? Was it time-wasting? What is d procedure?There was an envelope included in the package- am I supposed to give it to them at the hospital OR use it to mail back the formed that they attached? Guys please help me out here cos I have only Tuesday free to leave work and fly to ABJ for this thing. Thanks in advance.

And to my fellow applicants who are still waiting for there medicals- deneks4 and co., i am praying for you and I know yours is on the way. And thanks to all d forum seniors- Delta, debosky, wonderbod, ezinwanne, hotstepper, marcar and co. that have been helpful. Please continue firing ur prayers so that it all works out in the end.

NB. I remember seeing somewhere on this forum dat a guy was denied after medicals. I hope that is a rarity. i no fit shout O!
Re: Travelling To Canada by 99dreamkid: 10:47am On Jul 25, 2010
And most importantly, abeg how much does the whole medical process cost?
Re: Travelling To Canada by marcar(m): 8:41pm On Jul 25, 2010
99dreamkid:

Dear friends,
Make una help me thank God this sunday morning. I just received instructions to go for my medical today. I was tracking d return envelope number around 11pm last night ( I do that regularly) and saw that the mail had left the CDHC on Friday. The kind tension wey come hold me no even gree me sleep well for night and i knew I couldnt last up till Monday for d mail to be delivered. So I made some calls and was able to retrieve my package today and 'lo and behold' it was d instructions for medicals. I am trying not to get too excited cos it is not the end yet but thank God for this progress.Please I need some help with regards to the medicals. I want to do it in Abuja this Tuesday but I dont know if i need to make an appointment first or just show up? I tried calling d numbers of d Zankli Medical Center but I couldnt get thru to them. Please anyone that has used the Abuja Clinic, how did u go about it? Was it time-wasting? What is d procedure?There was an envelope included in the package- am I supposed to give it to them at the hospital OR use it to mail back the formed that they attached? Guys please help me out here cos I have only Tuesday free to leave work and fly to ABJ for this thing. Thanks in advance.

And to my fellow applicants who are still waiting for there medicals- deneks4 and co., i am praying for you and I know yours is on the way. And thanks to all d forum seniors- Delta, debosky, wonderbod, ezinwanne, hotstepper, marcar and co. that have been helpful. Please continue firing your prayers so that it all works out in the end.

NB. I remember seeing somewhere on this forum dat a guy was denied after medicals. I hope that is a rarity. i no fit shout O!

That is a Good news that means you are good to go then!!!!!! once you pass the medical test

Just be prayerful ,

will be waiting to hear the good news from you

if i may ask which school are you going to?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 3:13am On Jul 26, 2010
99dreamkid:

Dear friends,

And to my fellow applicants who are still waiting for there medicals- deneks4 and co., i am praying for you and I know yours is on the way. And thanks to all d forum seniors- Delta, debosky, wonderbod, ezinwanne, hotstepper, marcar and co. that have been helpful. Please continue firing your prayers so that it all works out in the end.

you don't need an appointment. Just go and you'll be directed. Cost was about 46k as at December 2009.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 4:32am On Jul 26, 2010
@99dreamkid, Congrats, God dey and you will pass the medical and you will be on your way Canada, i told you that you will be fine,
Re: Travelling To Canada by bobobabe: 8:29am On Jul 26, 2010
Dear friends,

@99dreamkids what was the guy complaint of denial after medical test then because I have never heard that b4 here. or can they denied based on HIV status?
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2010
As long as you pass your medicals, you should be home and free.

However, don't relent simply because you have done medicals - continue to monitor events and don't hesitate to get in touch with the high commission again if you feel the need to.
Re: Travelling To Canada by deneks4: 3:37pm On Jul 26, 2010
men 99, seeme screeming, am so so happy for u o, delay is definantely not denial, i will wait till friday, cuz i applied 5 days after u, omo, no worry, themedicals is like ur visa o, am yet to hear of anyone who is done medicals and denied, it is well, thank God 4 u.
Re: Travelling To Canada by lanreade(m): 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2010
Guys,what were those requirements you submitted to the embassy for visa cos am about filling my application for winter 2011.Am doing masters in electrical and computer engineering at university of waterloo.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 4:51am On Jul 27, 2010
@lanreade, u can get the info. from Canadian citizen nd immigration website as well
Re: Travelling To Canada by lanreade(m): 8:48am On Jul 27, 2010
Do I need police report as part of the visa requirements cos in their site there is nothing like that.
About my ties to my country what document do you think I can you to convince the consular that I will be coming back after my masters program.
Please, is it compulsory for me to use any agency firm for the visa processing?
I look forward to hearing from u guy.
I am to resume for winter 2010.
Re: Travelling To Canada by deneks4: 4:52pm On Jul 27, 2010
hi guys, got a call from CHDC today, and she asked me for my NYSC certificate, (i did not add it to my application). she also asked me if i was working, now am nervous to death. i told her i can bring my NYSC down immidiately, but she refused.
Re: Travelling To Canada by deneks4: 4:57pm On Jul 27, 2010
you need a police report, and don't forget ur NYSC certificate like me o
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 5:02pm On Jul 27, 2010
Rare:

@Rare, are your landing? Or are you coming in as a student?

Landing usually refers to Permanent Residents arriving (landing) Canada for the "first" time.

Based on your other posts, you are likely a student coming in with a single entry Visa. What I would do is, as soon as you arrive, apply to Buffalo for a multiple TRV by post (it will be a tall order to even get an appointment for a US Visa, and I doubt they'd even grant you one since you just came in; not impossible tho). It usually takes about 2-3 wks by post. You can give them any reason like you plan to travel to Nigeria for christmas break, etc. That way, when you leave Canada, you can return. If you make the mistake of flying back to Lagos, you will have to reapply to CHDC, Lagos. With a study permit (which you will get when you first arrive), it may be alot easier since you wont have to go thru medicals, etc but those people in Lagos defy all forms of logic and common sense. You can probably open a bank account as alot of banks come on campus during the first couple weeks of the session to "catch" new customers otherwise you may need to book an appointment etc; I do not think you will be able to get a SIN because you do not have a work permit and you are not eligible for one unless you have a job with your university. 3 wks is possible to get yourself sorted but that's really pushing it. Do you have accommodation sorted? You probably already paid part of your tuition. To get a full refund, you have to apply within a certain date. Sometimes, some institutions may refuse to make any refunds (especially the first year) because they vouched for you when the embassy contacted them. These are things you have to sort out. Goodluck!

@Delta007;
(i) CIC website says application for TRV must be done 30 days prior to initial visa expiry (while in Canada). [http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp]
By the time I'd arrive, the window for expiry of my single-entry TRV would be less than that, though my study permit would still be valid (about 2 years I suppose). Would I still be eligible to aply the multiple-entry TRV in Buffalo, from Canada by post ?. Would I need to to show evidence of school registration?

(ii) What are common validity durations of multiple-entry TRVs ?
Re: Travelling To Canada by deneks4: 5:02pm On Jul 27, 2010
@ CHAMBER2, i think what u have missing is ur NYSC O,
Re: Travelling To Canada by deneks4: 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2010
rare, how far, wht do u think are my chances, they called me to ask 4 my NYSC cert, and i told them it's with me, but i can bring it down ,but the lady said don't worry harshly and droped. am so scared.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 5:16pm On Jul 27, 2010
deneks4:

rare, how far, wht do u think are my chances, they called me to ask 4 my NYSC cert, and i told them it's with me, but i can bring it down ,but the lady said don't worry harshly and droped. am so scared.

@Deneks4, I don't think NYSC is a core requirement; maybe an enhancement to certify graduate status in Nigeria.
During my application, I did include a copy of my NYSC discharge certificate anyway.

Don't be intimidated about the lady's countenance. A similar occurence happened to me.
During my application, one of my enlisted sponsors (resident in USA) was called by 5am local American time, and he told me a lady called him from CDHC lagos (not mindful of time difference) and talked to him harshly doubting some of his submitted claims. My sponsor wrote an email to complain to CHDC Lagos about the attitude of this lady. The email was acknowledged, and the episode didn't affect positive outcome of my study visa application.
Re: Travelling To Canada by deneks4: 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2010
ohh,u applied from the state
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2010
deneks4:

ohh,u applied from the state

I am in Nigeria. One of my sponsors was resident in the US. He sent me the required docs by post.
Re: Travelling To Canada by deneks4: 5:33pm On Jul 27, 2010
Rare:

I am in Nigeria. One of my sponsors was resident in the US. He sent me the required docs by post.

u mean u applied from nigeria without your NYSC, wow, that is giving me some hope now, my faith is up and runnin again, thanks man,
Re: Travelling To Canada by belingo2: 6:14am On Jul 28, 2010
Gnexplore:

Hello All,

Blessed be the creator and the good members of this forum!

As you all have helped many in need, please i need the contact of any kind person living in Ottawa, Canada!
I have been admitted into University of Ottawa for MSc and have a visa, but dont know any one there.

Please any other advice and tips about job in Ottawa and Canada are highly appreciated.
This my email: chinweub@yahoo.com

God Bless!

hey, i live in ottawa when do u arrive? and what university did u get accepted in?

Re: Travelling To Canada by softosaro: 10:05am On Jul 28, 2010
TRAVEL MADE EASY, TO CANADA, USA, AND UK, FAST, EASY AND GARRANTY,
NO DEPOSIT, NO PROCESSING, FEES,
FOR ENQUIRE CONTACT SOLOMON.
ERIGIE TRAVELS AND TOUR.
IKEJA LAGOS AND AKPAKPAVA BENIN.
PHONE +2348022113521 OR +2348135855998,
A TRY WILL CONVINCE YOU[/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 11:08am On Jul 28, 2010
deneks4:

u mean u applied from nigeria without your NYSC, wow, that is giving me some hope now, my faith is up and runnin again, thanks man,
Deneks4
Did you read my post properly? I said I included NYSC discharge cert. I was only de-emphasising the harsh phone call from the lady from CDHC, by saying I had a similar occurence (for other reasons)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.