Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,313 members, 7,846,384 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (455926 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by lanresz(m): 4:07pm On Jul 12, 2010
chamber2 , it depends if you can wait till September 2011 to start the program. Being a student of this same department in UofA I will say Economics is better in UofA at grad level than at UNB. What I will advise is that you try to process your study permit for UNB if there is January admission. The beauty of Canadian immigration law now is that you can transfer from one school to another without having to change your study permit. You can change from UNB to UofA after being in Canada if you are really keen about UofA.
Re: Travelling To Canada by chamber2(m): 7:19pm On Jul 12, 2010
lanresz, tanx 4 ur response.Good 2 knw u r a std at U of A.r u in graduate/undergraduate?I would like 2 discuss more abt U of A with u.Can u send me ur contact 2 my email id:chamberline2_chinaka@yahoo.com

bye
Re: Travelling To Canada by lanresz(m): 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2010
I'm a grad student. My email address is but for others to benefit in our discussion, I will prefer that you post your questions here.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 4:02am On Jul 13, 2010
@Chamber, first of all, I am a lady tongue I am not at the Uni of Newbrunswick and really dont know where you saw that I am there, lol I recently graduated from York Uni. in Toronto. Your other questions have been answered, Good luck

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by splendore(m): 11:45am On Jul 13, 2010
Hello house, i want to go for 20 days training in Nova scotia canada early next year,the company in question is ready to give me invitation letter on demand. Can somebody advice me on the type of visa to apply for and if possible the website add. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 6:46pm On Jul 13, 2010
@chamber2, Am still in Naija

I wanted to inquire if this scenario is possible.

A friend and I, due in Ualberta, are still trying to acquire study leave approvals at our workplaces. Already have entry visa.

Is it possible that we 'land' in Canada this Fall; enroll as students; acheive activities such as SIN and bank account openings, possibly residency and acclimitazation (total duration of 3 weeks). After that request a defer of studies till Winter or next Fall, travel back to Naija and return to commence studies after concluding with employers.

This allows to avoid not 'landing' and having to go through entire student visa processing again. Also having in mind that possible 2-year studey permit to be issued at port of entry would still be valid by time of re-entry.
Re: Travelling To Canada by chamber2(m): 9:46pm On Jul 13, 2010
@Rare
if u can handle d financial involvement y not.
Re: Travelling To Canada by lanresz(m): 3:41am On Jul 14, 2010
Rare,
I hope your student visa is a multiple entry one. If it is a single entry one and you return to Nigeria you will have to re apply for a re entry visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:42am On Jul 14, 2010
@Rare, you will not be given SIN, bear that in mind
Re: Travelling To Canada by newworldcapital(m): 1:14pm On Jul 14, 2010
Hello, have been busy lately that is why have not been able to comment or ask questions in relation to the mentioned country.

I plan to travel to via Conference but I do not have links to where I can get the conference to go to and how to process everything to visa level.

Help me because I do not want to fall a victim of be duped.

Contact me via oris.joel@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fhemmmy: 1:33pm On Jul 14, 2010
chamber2:

@Rare
if u can handle d financial involvement y not.

Chief, better to investigate your response before u make this people make mistakes and lost their chance at getting visa.
Single entry visa will not allow such person to come back.
SIN Is not given just at random.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fhemmmy: 1:34pm On Jul 14, 2010
lanresz:

Rare,
I hope your student visa is a multiple entry one. If it is a single entry one and you return to Nigeria you will have to re apply for a re entry visa.
Hotstepper:

@Rare, you will not be given SIN, bear that in mind

Well said
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 4:24pm On Jul 14, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Well said

It's single entry
Thanks guys. All views noted !!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fhemmmy: 5:04pm On Jul 14, 2010
Rare:

It's single entry
Thanks guys. All views noted !!!

You are welcome, i will advice that you just come plain with your employer and just come to Canada for your schooling and back to work when u done
Re: Travelling To Canada by lanreade(m): 8:37am On Jul 15, 2010
I just deferred my admission to university of waterloo and have not heard from them.
Re: Travelling To Canada by ucheawesom: 1:19am On Jul 16, 2010
Pls all,
I am in the process of applying for tha Canada permanent residency for someone right now.
we have arranged for the Language test.
Now my questions are:

she is a nurse (RN) trained in Nigeria.Has been working in that capacity for close to two years now.
Which category of the application shld i apply(federal skilled or highly skilled) category?

I read from the canada website that they accept a maximum of 20000 application per year and select a maximum of 1000 per occupation in the federal skilled category.
Now i want to ask is there any a particular time that one needs to apply in order to meet up with this maximum limit of application to be accepted?

I will appreciate ur contribution.
Re: Travelling To Canada by EmmaMsc(m): 4:09am On Jul 16, 2010
Hello guys,
I just received my admission to the University of Waterloo for September 2010. I intend to apply for a study permit next week. is possible that a decision will be taken b4 1st week of September?
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by emmanuelaz: 1:05pm On Jul 16, 2010
hi guys in the house.i joined this forum very recentlly.i'm in a kind of precarious state now.i got an admission in a canadian college which commences on sept 6 2010.i've since submitted my application on the 3rd day of june 2010.barely 7 weeks now,i'm yet to receive any information from the deputy high commission office.my last mail of enquiry only got a feedback that the application is still under process. do i still stand any chance of getting the permit in time?
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 2:00pm On Jul 16, 2010
Emma.Msc:

Hello guys,
I just received my admission to the University of Waterloo for September 2010. I intend to apply for a study permit next week. is possible that a decision will be taken b4 1st week of September?
Thanks

It is very unlikely - the Canadian High Commission tends to take its time making decisions and I doubt you will have sufficient time to process your application. My advice is that you seek a deferral of your admission to January 2011 or September 2011 if needed.
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2010
emmanuelaz:

hi guys in the house.i joined this forum very recentlly.i'm in a kind of precarious state now.i got an admission in a canadian college which commences on sept 6 2010.i've since submitted my application on the 3rd day of june 2010.barely 7 weeks now,i'm yet to receive any information from the deputy high commission office.my last mail of enquiry only got a feedback that the application is still under process. do i still stand any chance of getting the permit in time?

Have you been interviewed or have you simply submitted your documents? It is getting quite close to your admission date and if you haven't done medicals and so on, you do have cause for concern but it is still possible.

Depends on what stage within the application process you are in.
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2010
Rare:

I wanted to inquire if this scenario is possible.

A friend and I, due in Ualberta, are still trying to acquire study leave approvals at our workplaces. Already have entry visa.

Is it possible that we 'land' in Canada this Fall; enroll as students; acheive activities such as SIN and bank account openings, possibly residency and acclimitazation (total duration of 3 weeks). After that request a defer of studies till Winter or next Fall, travel back to Naija and return to commence studies after concluding with employers.

This allows to avoid not 'landing' and having to go through entire student visa processing again. Also having in mind that possible 2-year studey permit to be issued at port of entry would still be valid by time of re-entry.

You can probably land and apply for a SIN card and bank accounts. The SIN card probably won't arrive within three weeks, but you don't really need the card physically - you'll get a number on the spot.

Don't know what you mean by residency though - if you meant accommodation then that is possible, but you won't get permanent residence.

Secondly, since you have a single entry visa, you'd struggle to get another entry visa from naija without showing evidence that you'd been attending school. You can apply from Canada, but I think it takes a while to get it. On the other hand, if you were really intent on doing so, you could go to Buffalo, USA and apply in person to collect it the same day. The issue is that you must have a US visa to be able to do so.

All in all, it will be very complicated to do in just 3 weeks.
Re: Travelling To Canada by emmanuelaz: 2:19pm On Jul 16, 2010
well,i have not been invited for any interview nor gone for any medicals.i have only submitted the documents
Re: Travelling To Canada by EmmaMsc(m): 9:17pm On Jul 16, 2010
debosky:

It is very unlikely - the Canadian High Commission tends to take its time making decisions and I doubt you will have sufficient time to process your application. My advice is that you seek a deferral of your admission to January 2011 or September 2011 if needed.
Thanks, I will do just dat
Re: Travelling To Canada by ricacosta: 11:53pm On Jul 16, 2010
hi nairalanders, i am new on this thread.i have gotten admission into uni of manitoba for winter 2011.planning on applying next month for my study permit.i am 25 yrs,will my age affect my application? and also what documents do i have to show for ties to my country? i have a landed document with a low personal account15,000 but a good sponsor being my uncle.i really need help guys.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:43am On Jul 17, 2010
@debosky, he cannot get a SIN card as an International student except when he do apply for a work permit which he would have atleast being in school for 1 whole academic year with good academic standing
Re: Travelling To Canada by 99dreamkid: 10:20am On Jul 17, 2010
debosky:

Have you been interviewed or have you simply submitted your documents? It is getting quite close to your admission date and if you haven't done medicals and so on, you do have cause for concern but it is still possible.

Depends on what stage within the application process you are in.

To emmanuelaz,
I submitted around the same time you did- on the 2nd of June and i am also waiting anxiously. It si now 32 working days since i submitted mine and I am wondering why they havent responded. Please can i have the e-mail address or phone number of the CDHC so that I can also inquire about my application. Good luck to you.

To debosky,
Since we havent done medicals at this point and r yet to hear from CDHC, what do u advise that we do? My school- Simon Fraser University, starts on the 7th of September and their last date for registration is the 19th. How long does it take to process the medicals and other matters therefrom?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 11:39am On Jul 17, 2010
99dreamkid:

To debosky,
Since we havent done medicals at this point and r yet to hear from CDHC, what do u advise that we do? My school- Simon Fraser University, starts on the 7th of September and their last date for registration is the 19th. How long does it take to process the medicals and other matters therefrom?
Thanks in advance.

I would advise that you DON'T make expensive travel plans yet and inform SFU that you might need to defer your admission - pending a response from the CDHC.

Medicals should be relatively straightforward, but take some time. You do the tests, the results are sent to a processing centre abroad (France I believe) and after that get sent back to the CDHC, after which your entry clearance can be issued. Personally I'd say the medicals process can take up to a month to complete.

Secondly, before you even talk about medicals, I guess you haven't had your interview yet?
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 11:40am On Jul 17, 2010
Hotstepper:

@debosky, he cannot get a SIN card as an International student except when he do apply for a work permit which he would have atleast being in school for 1 whole academic year with good academic standing

Really? I wasn't aware of this, unless the rules have changed. When I arrived in Canada, I applied and got a SIN number three days after I arrived with no issues.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:29pm On Jul 17, 2010
debosky, Really? when did you arrive if I may ask?
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 3:05pm On Jul 17, 2010
Re: Travelling To Canada by lanresz(m): 4:33pm On Jul 17, 2010
Hotstepper, it's possible provided the person arrived on a work permit, permanent resident or on student permit with funding or scholarship. The only other way is if the person is on a student permit and get a job within three days of being in the country.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 6:40pm On Jul 17, 2010
@lanresz, I understand those special cases for sure but def. not if the person is an international student. International Students in Canada are only allowed to work on campus until after completing one year with academic standing. There is no way an int. student will come in and within 3 days get SIN Card or does immigration policy for int. students apply differently for peeps depending on the province?

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.