Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (455179 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 10:12am On Oct 26, 2010
@Symbian

I am still waiting for the medical call up, Hopefully this week or next. I will give the update whenever it happen, But I believe it will be good. Thanks mehn.

Are u also going for the winter 2011 start date?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Lakewood: 10:30am On Oct 26, 2010
Hello,

Charlie/SYmbian.

I am looking at doing a Masters in Canada In sept 2011. I am still in the proces of applying and should get a response before March/April 2010. How soon should i begin visa application and how long does it take to geta a study visa.
I have 2 children and will be travelling with them, should i apply for their visa along with mine. I am thinking of getting my visa thru MAple, are they reliable?
Any thoughts, ideas feedback will be much appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 11:14am On Oct 26, 2010
@Lakewood

U welcome to our thread.  To ur question

You are going to have one application only for ur self but during the filling of the forms there are columns you are to specified the people that willing be following you to canada. And in your case this include your wife and your two children

You will also submit their Passports too 'cos they will also be issue the temporary Resident visa  (TRV)  alongside with you.  Read more about all this stuff here www.cic.gc.ca 

I will  also suggest that you read from the first page to the last page of this thread to get much more insight about the application stuff.

which of the school  do you intend going? I wish you well . cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada by Lakewood: 11:32am On Oct 26, 2010
Charlie,

Thanks. I am looking at the University of Toronto.
I am going with my children. My husband works in Naija and will come every other month to visit.

Thanks for the info.
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 1:43pm On Oct 26, 2010
@Lakewood

Ok, U of T is a great school.

Yes Maple is a very good agent, if you know that you may not be able to package your application well, then you can use them. They charges very high fee sha, all the same , they are known for their good job done. cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 5:30pm On Oct 27, 2010
Put your Trust in God and you will never be put to shame,
House i got My parcel back today after 80 days since i submitted my application for study permit. I was ask to go for my medicals. Thank you Lord because i know you are going to finish your good work. One thing i notice is that they did not return my credential but only my passport and the Medical Instruction. Is this how it is done ?
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 6:38pm On Oct 27, 2010
@ Harry

yea, it is our day. I have also been directed to go for medical. God to much! And God will finish his good work in our life.

@ All

just like Harry said put ur faith in God, and he will never fail you. Thank you God
Re: Travelling To Canada by lanreade(m): 6:53pm On Oct 27, 2010
I had my medical yesterday at marien hospital yaba.God will finish what he has started
Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 8:38pm On Oct 27, 2010
how much is the medicals?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 1:53pm On Oct 28, 2010
Nice to see this forum still waxes strong grin
Re: Travelling To Canada by princeaded(m): 2:34pm On Oct 28, 2010
MY SOUTH-AFRICA VISA IS IS STILL HOT NOW.YOU HAVE TO BE HURRY NOW BETWEEN NOV AND DEC BEFORE ITS LATE.IT IS LEGAL AND SURE.WE HELP YOU GET VISA,LINK YOU TO A LAWYER OVERTHERE FOR HOUSE RENT AND FOR YOUR RESIDENTIAL PERMMITT,DO 6 MONTH ADAPTATION COURSE AND START WORKING IN A GOOD PLACE IN SOUTH AFRICA.SCHENGEN VISA IS ALSO STILL IN PROGRESS BECAUSE IF YOU ARE NOT HURRY NOW IT MAY BE TILL NEXT YEAR.PLS CALL IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

07033307912.prince_adedeji@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada by aliogor: 10:29pm On Oct 28, 2010
nice trend im looking forward to doing my masters next year at
The Memorial University of Newfoundland what are ur take on this house any hints to help me will be appriciated cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada by gel03: 11:49pm On Oct 28, 2010
@ aliogor

I have already submitted my application to Memorial university of newfoundland for fall 2011. i am going for a Masters program and would be going with my little son. My husband might or might not go with us immediately. i heard the school is good.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Lakewood: 8:23am On Oct 29, 2010
@Gel 03,

Hi, i am also going for My MSc at Toronto.
I will be travelling with 2 children currently aged 5 and 1yr 5months how can i reach you?
I want to discuss child care options, school options etc

cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2010
@aligor

Yea, the memorial University of Newfoundland is a nice school. I heard also that it is cheap and the city is nice with many Nigerian students.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 29, 2010
@Charlie Am in d process of applying to study 2yrs Diploma in of d Community College in Canada. I want to know if my age isn't a problem to study 2yr course cuz i just turn 28yrs.
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 4:26pm On Oct 29, 2010
@Shakur01

I am sure that age has never been a barrier for an level of education and there is no school in Canada that will disqualify you because of your age. However the problem may be with Canadian High Commission trying to know what you have doing since all these years without getting a Diploma, your answer may be tie to your approval or the outright disapproval of your Visa application.

Well in this forum I have seen 30 years old guys getting their visas. So nothing is impossible.

If I may ask, do you have a degree from a university?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 29, 2010
@Charlie
Thanks for ur response to my message. Am an OND Holder and also studying Banking and Finance at Lasu anthony(part-time). But i want to use the ND to apply for the Diploma cuz the College i want to apply to is very affordable. Looking forward to your reply
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by bypassit: 11:50am On Oct 30, 2010
Hello House,

Please kindly let me know if i could still apply at the Canadian embassy.I actually applied for the Early winter admission which is January.House please help me and kindly tell me more about requirements.I need to this done.
Do let me know
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 12:49pm On Oct 30, 2010
@SHAKUR

Being a positive person, shakur I will only tell you to go ahead, no matter what, age or no degree, but try to put up a very good application during the time you will be applying to the embassy.

AND MY FATHER WILL ALWAYS TEL ME "what ever you decide to do, please do it well" So Shakur please just do your stuff well, try to write a powerful statement of purpose during ur Visa application.

But first thing first, so go get the admisssion first, and after we then talk about the visa thing. cheers and Happy weekend.

Please if you have time try go through all the posts on this forum, you will sure learn alot from it. I am just an applicant like you, and going through all the posts here for like three times has given me so much facts and ideas about this canada tins.
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 12:55pm On Oct 30, 2010
@Bypassit

Yes you can still apply provided the day u will submit your package to the day of your school resumption is 90days apart. That is 3 months . And I doubt it since you said you will be going for the winter 2011.

So byPassit, I am not sure you can by pass this canada people so just try to defer your admission to the next available start date.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 30, 2010
@Charlie Thanks so much for d advice,i really appreciate it. One more thing to knw is after going for medical,will there be an interview before Visa is finally granted
Re: Travelling To Canada by gel03: 11:55pm On Oct 30, 2010
@lakewood

presently, my son is just three months old now. u can reach me through my email cos i dont want to post my number publicly. though i was told childcare is quite expensive over there. chims003@yahoo.co.uk. also heard toronto is expensive.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bypassit: 11:21am On Oct 31, 2010
@Charlie

thanks for your update.I was told i can apply 2months before the resumption of the school and my school is resuming on the 17th of January and i am looking to send my applications tomorrow which is Monday.Though i was suppose to apply prior before now but it took so long before i received the letter from the school due to the bad postage service here.I don't know what to do rightnow, Please advice if its possible.
Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 11:45am On Oct 31, 2010
@bypassit,Normally, it is 3 month to your start date but if you have money, you can give it a try. If they feel, it is late, they will return it back to you. The most important thing is package your application very well.
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 2:40pm On Oct 31, 2010
@ ByPassit 2

You just have to listen to what I said earlier, and it was also confirmed by Harryman. it was stated on their website that all study permit application must be done three (3) months minimum to the resumption date.

Check this link to confirm http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/processing-traitement.aspx

I can see that you really want to apply for the winter2011 from ur statement.You can go ahead, the High commission just have two options

1. it either they ask you to ask for new start date, so your application will be base on the new start date

OR

2. They can just out rightly reject your application

So You can give it a try Boss. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 2:46pm On Oct 31, 2010
@ By passit

You can see that the two options I gave above is just negatives ( And that is the fact and the truth), But I will not rule out the possibility that you might just give it a try, you might be the first person to get his study permit within two months to start date. it is possible! So Just go try.
Re: Travelling To Canada by lanreade(m): 11:10pm On Oct 31, 2010
All wat charles and harry are right on wat they said as regards you filing ur study permit application.The CHC will not process ur application because is already late.Wat I think you can do is to defer ur admission till may or sept 2011.
Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 2:19pm On Nov 03, 2010
House, what happens next after medical?, will they call for an interview ?
Re: Travelling To Canada by obietrix: 5:01pm On Nov 03, 2010
Hi every1, i never knew how informative this forum is unitll i got to this part that interest me.I av made applications to memorial university of newfoundland, hopefully admittion letter will be out in march.my major headache is the sponsor documents.is it ok to have just the sponsor statement of accout.I need comments o!
Re: Travelling To Canada by immi: 7:00pm On Nov 03, 2010
Your rejection will not have any weight if you are going to study in canada with geniuine intensions
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 7:05pm On Nov 03, 2010
@Harryman

Sometimes you might not be call for interview after medical, it is simply not for all applicants. Maybe some applicants that the Consular needs some information from may be call, but definitly not for everybody. Ok!

@Obietrix

No worry Boss, you just need your sponsor account only.

@All

Please where are the winter2011 guys?

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.