Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,224 members, 7,829,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (455145 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 10, 2010
i just received a package in my house of an instruction to go for medicals, please i want to know what my chances are after my medicals at the designated hospital, thumbs up
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 5:24am On Nov 11, 2010
@Lakewood; you're welcome. Let me know if there's other info I can assist with.

tosinosho1992:

I implore you to read the live appeal cases of study permit refusals heard at the Federal Court of Canada, to have a general idea of what is expected of an applicant by the visa officer, and how cases are dealt with. Please follow this link:
http://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-eliisa/search?language=EN&courtScope=fc&all=study+permit&title=&citation=

Tosinosho, this is a very insightful link. Am amazed at the number of refugee applicant cases, who are Nigerians !!
Re: Travelling To Canada by mistermm(m): 1:16pm On Nov 11, 2010
hello

Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 7:07pm On Nov 11, 2010
My Guys who went 4 medicals, how far?. What do we expect next.
Re: Travelling To Canada by omanifrank(m): 8:46pm On Nov 11, 2010
nice help in here, i just got my permit with the help of a guy in here.he sold me an ebook on a step by step guild, it helps thouhg, just wana say thanks to abraham
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 11, 2010
@harry man, i received an instruction to go for medicals , i will probably be going to the hospital at yaba tomorrow please i want know what will happen after the medicals, and dont know if i stand a chance to get the permit
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 11, 2010
@omanifrank, i just received an instruction to go for medicals, but am a bit curious please tell me what will happen after medicals, lets talk please u can add me on messenger or facebook so as to talk better with you
mctolspell@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada by omanifrank(m): 8:59pm On Nov 11, 2010
@mctolspell, notgin to fear, after your medicals, as long u dont ve any symptoms of illness in your body, u will pass the test, my mail is for mor info i use gmail sorry omanifranklin@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 10:08pm On Nov 11, 2010
@mctolspel. What else did they say u should do apart from the medicals.
The medicals is simple, just sight test, HIV test, syphils test, X-ray and answering of some questions(ur medical history). Have they return your credentials
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 12:54am On Nov 12, 2010
@Omanifrank

Please I have just done a background check on you. You are a scammer, please leave this thread .
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 1:01am On Nov 12, 2010
@Mictolspel

Please go for your medicals. The medicals involve all that Harry said. And you must be healthy, both mentally and physically to pass the test, but sure you will definetly pass it.

After medicals then you get your VISA, if they do not invite you for interview. That is all, see you in Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 3:35am On Nov 12, 2010
@charlie193, how did it go?. Do
you have an idea of how much is
the flight fair from Nigerg to
Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 10:16am On Nov 12, 2010
@Harry

It is around 1329 dollars, but I hear that price changes during the yuletide season.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tosinosho1992: 11:29pm On Nov 12, 2010
Do I need to show my money and all my documents at the port of entry? Can I buy a way one way ticket? what should I look forward to?

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 6:21am On Nov 13, 2010
@Tosinosho

yes you will need to show some of your document at the port of entry. docunent like your passport, letter of admission, temporary entry visa, letter of intoduction given to you by the embassy, prove of funds, etc.

check www.cic.gc.ca to get the detail of the document in will need at the port of entry.

about the one way ticket, i am even confused about this. maybe someone in the house can help us out.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tosinosho1992: 8:36am On Nov 13, 2010
@ charlie193

Thanks for your reply. Any news about your visa? I intend leaving for Canada by the 18th of December. I hope this is not too early?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 12:19pm On Nov 13, 2010
charlie193:

@Tosinosho
yes you will need to show some of your document at the port of entry. docunent like your passport, letter of admission, temporary entry visa, letter of intoduction given to you by the embassy, prove of funds, etc.
check www.cic.gc.ca to get the detail of the document in will need at the port of entry.
about the one way ticket, i am even confused about this. maybe someone in the house can help us out.

I always heard this fear of 'one-way' ticket when I was in Naija. Upon arrival at my port of entry, no one asked me anything about my travel ticket neither was I asked for proof of funds, and I entered as a student. I was only asked of all other documents you mentioned.
The differing stories might be because there are different border officials at the ports.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tosinosho1992: 12:42pm On Nov 13, 2010
@Rare,

Thanks for the info. Can I leave for Canada a month before my course starts?
Re: Travelling To Canada by biometrix: 7:58pm On Nov 13, 2010
Hello all.
To your know what documents do you think the CDHC verifies e.g Bank statement, employers reference transcript etc? My transcripts were sent directly from my issuing university does it need verification? They have not contacted my bank or employer either. Got a letter for my medical test in 20working days, what does this mean(sure approval or further processing)? and how long from experience do you think it would take to get my visa after my medicals?

Nice work here,
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 12:09am On Nov 14, 2010
tosinosho1992:

@Rare,

Thanks for the info. Can I leave for Canada a month before my course starts?

@Tosinosho1992
Your entry into Canada is only dependent on the range of dates as approved on your TRV. You can travel anytime within that range, irrespective of your school calendar.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 12:12am On Nov 14, 2010
biometrix:

Hello all.
To your know what documents do you think the CDHC verifies e.g Bank statement, employers reference transcript etc? My transcripts were sent directly from my issuing university does it need verification? They have not contacted my bank or employer either. Got a letter for my medical test in 20working days, what does this mean(sure approval or further processing)? and how long from experience do you think it would take to get my visa after my medicals?

Nice work here,
@Biometrix, what's the fuss about? Just follow the instructions on the medical letter.
It's obvious you haven't read through this entire thread properly. Do so, and you'll see your answers.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tosinosho1992: 10:13am On Nov 14, 2010
@ Rare

Much obliged.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 3:35pm On Nov 14, 2010
Hi everyone. Nice job you guys.

Please I will need some clarifications about masters program in Canada

1) Most schools want first class and second class upper for masters. I was advised to do a postgraduate degree or postgraduate diploma or postgraduate advance diploma for 1 year in one of their colleges. Then apply for a masters program after.

2) But if I can get a good school to take me with 2:2 for an MBA or Masters in Information technology. I had 540 in my GMAT and 85 in my TOEFL plus 3 years work experience. I wont mind so far as the school is in a lively environment where I would meet other naijas and I would be able to get a good job there with the degree. I had previously applied to York University and Mcgill and they denied me based on GPA.

3) What accredited, reputable & recognized college can I do the Post graduate Diploma. Please put into consideration a very good state that is lively, I am already a bore don't need to end up in an asylum becos I am studying.

Please my main concern is a recognized accredited school, affordability, a good job after studies and a place that is lively.

Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 10:39am On Nov 15, 2010
@Cuddlemmi

Your best choice will be Memorial University of Newfoundland. Please t6ry check it out, they take student with2.2 ddirect into their master programme.

@All

Today make it a week after my medical, am still waiting hopefully and faithfully,

Happy new week
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 1:27pm On Nov 15, 2010
edited for privacy reasons smiley smiley smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 2:03pm On Nov 15, 2010
Hey why not check the school out first. You are just there not taken any step stop asking questions and get to work. Mayb you can as well read the posts here from begin you can also get more information.

Take care
Re: Travelling To Canada by mowaa: 2:09pm On Nov 15, 2010
Cuddlemii:

Hope its a good school. I don't want a situation that I would be done with the degree and I wont get a job because its not recognized. Their MBA is not even accredited by AACSB or any other accrediting body for that matter.

What other schools accept 2:2?

What cheap college can I go to for postgraduate diploma so as to boost my 2:2 and get admission into a good masters program?

Thank you. House please your advice is also needed.

What AACSB list do you have? Please next time learn to check properly before you reply!
Memorial University of Newfoundland  is accredited by AACSB
look at the AACSB link below so that you don't misinform others like you tried to do here sad
https://www.aacsb.net/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?Site=AACSB&WebKey=7DBEF580-E72C-49B5-91BB-6C589B24CC77
Re: Travelling To Canada by Lakewood: 2:23pm On Nov 15, 2010
About the university of Newfoundland.
It is a good school no doubt but i wouldnt go there if i had a choice. has its pros and cons.
Just a word of caution,The weather over there is quite harsh. there have serious snow storms over there. when it snows sometimes it can get up to your door post. i have heard of people who had to climb out of their roofs to get out of their houses.
Also racism is quite high over there. you have a lot of skin heads and people who are anti foreigners.
because the school is quite inexpensive you will most probably meet more students of easter or oriental descent.
if you are looking to network or build career focused relationships newfounldand may not be your best bet.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 3:03pm On Nov 15, 2010
charlie193:

Hey why not check the school out first. You are just there not taken any step stop asking questions and get to work. Mayb you can as well read the posts here from begin you can also get more information.

Take care

This is not my first time applying to schools. I have 6 admission in Uk schools that are well ranked. 4 admission in US, 2 admissions in Dubai, 3 in SA, 1 in ghana, 1 at Lagos business School e.t.c. I previously applied to York and Mcgill because of its standards but they wanted 2:1 or 1st class.

So I am not just sitting here. From all my research, I see nothing fantastic about Memorial University and that is why I am skeptical about the school and I thought this thread could trigger my interest or educate me more. No knowledge is wasted if I get more information from here regardless of if I read the whole thread or not.

Thank you all the same.
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2010
@Cuddlemmi

well, I don't know much about the school. Maybe I will allow some of our senior on this thread to tell us more about the memorial University of Newfoundland.

I am happy to see that you have been involve in this school stuffs for sometime. Don't worry you will get to yours dreams soon. Just don't give up.

I think Rare can help us out about telling us full details about MUN.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tosinosho1992: 3:35pm On Nov 15, 2010
@ Cuddlemii,

What's your yardstick for measuring the quality of an institution? Could you list out all the "well ranked" schools that offered you admissions in the UK, SA, Dubai and Ghana, and let's compare their world rating with that of Memorial University,there u'll find the answer to your question about the standard of Memorial University. It's obvious you have not  done your homework.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2010
mowaa:

What AACSB list do you have? Please next time learn to check properly before you reply!
Memorial University of Newfoundland  is accredited by AACSB
look at the AACSB link below so that you don't misinform others like you tried to do here sad
https://www.aacsb.net/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?Site=AACSB&WebKey=7DBEF580-E72C-49B5-91BB-6C589B24CC77

There are 3 accrediting bodies for an MBA program: AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA.

A very good MBA programs must showcase the AACSB sign on it website so when I didn't see this I assumed. My bad but there are ways of correcting pple in a better tone. No one is perfect here. Just because you know about AACSB of Memorial doesn't mean u know half of MBA standard.

Why is everyone defending Memorial University. Fine its a good school so let the reputation of the school speak for itself.

@house, please any other school suggestions please

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.