Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (455059 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by pixieelott: 5:22pm On Jan 28, 2011
Hello,
I am going to Niagara falls, ON Canada at the end of this month and am wondering what sort of border I will go through and if they stamp my passport. I am driving from New Hampshire. Thank you.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by omasi97: 3:37am On Jan 29, 2011
I will be heading to Toronto by first week of March. I need a budget one-way ticket, can anyone suggest airline and likely price?
Re: Travelling To Canada by momoo: 8:57am On Jan 29, 2011
Pls house which one is CANADA GREEN CARD LOTTERY? And pls verify what is happening on there site www.cifacanada.org
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 10:13am On Jan 29, 2011
momoo:

Pls house which one is CANADA GREEN CARD LOTTERY? And pls verify what is happening on there site www.cifacanada.org

Avoid that website like a plague !!
How do people even fall for such information, anyway. There are two Canadian High Commission offices in Nigeria where people can get FREE updated information (by phone or visit or their website).
Re: Travelling To Canada by Mkay78(m): 12:47pm On Jan 29, 2011
Good day, I want to apply for a Canadian study permit but my situation gives me sleepless night, i applied for an American Visa Lottery first as my wife won a Visa lottery but we were denied and banned never to enter the USA again, i took that in good fate and tried the UK for visiting but they also refused me , all that happened late last year.Now,I want to apply for a Canadian study permit , but i am afraid as i have a feeling Canada Embassy might make inquiries about people and maybe contact all these other embassies.I just don't want to waste my money if i don't stand a chance, please advice me, Thanks a lot.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 2:09pm On Jan 30, 2011
jesus my whole business out to the whole public. edited for privacy embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Travelling To Canada by sunky644(m): 9:40pm On Jan 30, 2011
This is the most sensible thread i ve ever read on nairaland, it surely helps and kudos to the guys supplying first hand and authentic information here. I ve applied for a M.Sc degree in Biochemistry and also an Advanced Diploma in Food Safety, i actually met their entry requirement and i am at the stage of searching for a supervisor which actually plays a big role in securing the admission. I am married and expecting a baby, my wife also applied for the Advanced Diploma in Food Safety cos she read Food Science at the university, she also applied for a 1st degree in Nursing too as a transfer student and she's more than 26. Pls will she be given the visa if admitted, i really want to travel with my wife to start a new life in canada. I work with a Health Based Company and i have been able to save about 1million naira and i am sure of getting atleat 1million naira from my parents too. Pls people with versatile knowledge about these stuff, kindly put me thru
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 10:51pm On Jan 30, 2011
sunky644:

This is the most sensible thread i ve ever read on nairaland, it surely helps and kudos to the guys supplying first hand and authentic information here. I ve applied for a M.Sc degree in Biochemistry and also an Advanced Diploma in Food Safety, i actually met their entry requirement and i am at the stage of searching for a supervisor which actually plays a big role in securing the admission. I am married and expecting a baby, my wife also applied for the Advanced Diploma in Food Safety cos she read Food Science at the university, she also applied for a 1st degree in Nursing too as a transfer student and she's more than 26. Pls will she be given the visa if admitted, i really want to travel with my wife to start a new life in canada. I work with a Health Based Company and i have been able to save about 1million naira and i am sure of getting atleat 1million naira from my parents too. Pls people with versatile knowledge about these stuff, kindly put me thru

I suppose your MSc application should come with funding, if successful. If yes, then it is a crucial deciding factor.
If you get a funded MSc, your wife can accompany you through your own student permit application. She would be eligible to a work permit as your spouse. Moreover, she can still pursue her own program here.

The stated savings plus support from parents would be insufficient, if you were to fund yourself and your spouse and child (to be honest).
Re: Travelling To Canada by DisGuy: 1:06pm On Jan 31, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Well I got an admission into Lambton College for Information Technology Professional Graduate Certificate program but its so expensive apparently I had wrong figures for the tuition fees before applying so I can't attend.

I have another admission in Calgary which is affordable, but its a Fast Track Certificate program of 8 months with 8 weeks practicum or internship and I am so passionate about this IT program, the program is mostly dominated by men so I might be the only female, I want the challenge and hands on experience is so fascinating but I am scared of the Canadian embassy. Would they give me visa for an 8 months Fast Track Certificate program? Wont they be wondering why I am not doing a masters degree or PGD instead.

Some people adviced me to get a letter from my office claiming that I would coming back and that the program is useful for our operations .e.t.c and Thank God I am an IT personnel in my company so the letter should sound convincing.

What do you guys suggest.

FYI: I am not applying for a masters degree cos I have a 2:2 and Memorial University doesn't have an IT apart from Computer Engineering. Secondly, Its only Lambton College that has a graduate certificate or PGD in IT but I cant afford it.

Thank you and happy Sunday to everyone

maybe you should try and convince them that you will be using the certificate to apply for a master/pgd

what are you going to do after studying?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 1:37pm On Jan 31, 2011
Dis Guy:

maybe you should try and convince them that you will be using the certificate to apply for a master/pgd

what are you going to do after studying?

When you mean convince them? Do you mean I should write a letter of intent and include it in my visa application. In that letter of intent I should explain that I will be proceeding to a masters degree or PGD.

During my studies, I will start scouting for a masters degree but I want to work for a year first, save up some money and then proceed to a masters degree in IT.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 12:48am On Feb 01, 2011
pls how much did they state as the tution fees cos i also applied for lambton college info tech programme
Re: Travelling To Canada by sssob: 5:35am On Feb 01, 2011
hi people, i ave just submitted my application hoping to receive letter of admission to simon fraser university, can anyone assist me on how to search for scholarship or the options available , the choice of study is resource and environmental management.
and again the school didnt require toefl, but i am wondering if its necessary to take toefl for the sake of visa processing or should i just skip the toefl /gre tingy, please respond
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 6:01am On Feb 01, 2011
sssob:

hi people, i ave just submitted my application hoping to receive letter of admission to simon fraser university, can anyone assist me on how to search for scholarship or the options available , the choice of study is resource and environmental management.
and again the school didnt require toefl, but i am wondering if its necessary to take toefl for the sake of visa processing or should i just skip the toefl /gre tingy, please respond

If your school do not require TOEFL or GRE from you,then you got nothing to worry about. Just try to fellow all the detail here during your visa application and you will be good.
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 6:05am On Feb 01, 2011
@cuddlemmi

I think no matter what just be positive that you will be in canada, and i tell you the truth you will surely be.
Re: Travelling To Canada by sunky644(m): 9:53am On Feb 01, 2011
@rare, thanks somuch,she has already started a post graduate with FUTA, am still at d stage of securing a supervisor so am not sure if I will get funding. I am thinking of embarking on a work permit runs which d agent said will cost #1million, looking at d situation of things do you it will be a good idea if I make my wife the principal applicant for d work permit, thanks waiting to hear an excellent advice soonest.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 11:33am On Feb 01, 2011
@ alikote, becos I copied and pasted a page long of the cost of attendance, living expenses etc of Lambton College, Ive been banned from posting things. You that wants to attend a program send an email to them.
Re: Travelling To Canada by seedgie(m): 12:02am On Feb 02, 2011
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 7:10am On Feb 02, 2011
sunky644:

@rare, thanks so much,she has already started a post graduate with FUTA, am still at d stage of securing a supervisor so am not sure if I will get funding. I am thinking of embarking on a work permit runs which d agent said will cost #1million, looking at d situation of things do you it will be a good idea if I make my wife the principal applicant for d work permit, thanks waiting to hear an excellent advice soonest.

work permit runs? Run for your dear life. You are about to be swindled !!

Just concentrate on securing a supervisor by trying several schools. If you have excellent academic records; would make it easier.
Re: Travelling To Canada by sunky644(m): 10:41pm On Feb 02, 2011
@rare, thanks for the advice, i am just trying to have more than one option in migrating to Canada. the problem is, i dont have sound academic standing that' why i am entertaining this sort of strange fear. I graduated with a second class lower that is why i applied to MUN hoping i may be lucky to get the admission. If i apply to other schools it will be a waste of application fee as i have not met their admission requirement (mostly 2:1), please what other advice do you have for me. I will appreciate contributions from other seniors in the house.
Re: Travelling To Canada by sdavirus: 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2011
Guys, i need replies soon. Someone is interested in starting a bachelors program abroad, but has only GCE certificates, and its in two sittings. I told her i dont know any sch that would accept GCE, does anyone knows if this is possible in Canada, or any other place for that matter. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 03, 2011
sorry friend did really want to get u banneed
Re: Travelling To Canada by benom(m): 11:07pm On Feb 03, 2011
Hi Charlie & Delta, How's the cold in Canada. Its really freezing here in MI. Could you please hit me up on nexxibenom@yahoo.com. I have some very personal discussion that can't go on the thread. Maybe we could chat on phone from then on.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 2:42am On Feb 04, 2011
benom:

Hi Charlie & Delta, How's the cold in Canada. Its really freezing here in MI. Could you please hit me up on nexxibenom@yahoo.com. I have some very personal discussion that can't go on the thread. Maybe we could chat on phone from then on.
MI as in Michigan?

Anyway, I just shot you an email. I hope you are doing fine, !
Re: Travelling To Canada by benom(m): 5:36am On Feb 04, 2011
Thanks Delta. MI as in Michigan. I just sent you a reply.
Re: Travelling To Canada by seedgie(m): 7:55am On Feb 04, 2011
Greetings house, @DELTA u d bomb i admire u alot. bt i directed a post to u sometime ago bt didnt get ur response, any way hw is CA? sory i like to ve ur email address. my is seedgie@yahoo.com so dat i can ask some personal questions.
Re: Travelling To Canada by galex86: 9:23am On Feb 05, 2011
Hello house,i was to know know in detail,can one send his application for travel visit  canada wit once intl passport on it to the canada embassy in lagos? I want tosend mine by courier from enugu here.idont know if that's is okay?or must i go to the embassy in person to submit? Your advice is needed urgently thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by thebaft: 12:49pm On Feb 05, 2011
@ galex86,

Sure. You can use either UPS, FedEx, DHL or TNT. You are also required to include a prepaid return courier envelope. For more info, check out http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/apply-how_demande-comment.aspx

Have a nice day!
Re: Travelling To Canada by JagaJaga1: 1:15am On Feb 06, 2011
@sunky644 I am also a graduate of biochemistry with a GPA of 4.41, i just applied to a norwegian university for a master program in biological chemistry. In as much as i would like to have a foreign master degree, i will also like to get a job in the mean time. To cut the story short, I will be grateful if you can help me secure a job with your company. You can drop your email address to aid me in sending my C.V to you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.