Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? (17055 Views)

To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? / Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by prairie(f): 8:04pm On Feb 17, 2013
timothy 3:15, 'the church is the pillar and foundation of truth'. Forever catholic

2 Likes

Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by alosnika: 8:05pm On Feb 17, 2013
Nice write up brother. However, what amazes me is the level of hypocrisy in today's youth and church. Two days ago, most of the people that sounded spiritual on this write up now, promoted sex before marriage. They all prefer a woman that has slept with millions of men but now claims to be a good woman to someone who keeps God's commadment that let the bed of marriage remain undefile....for whoremonger and adulterer, God will judge. This is the one of the problems we have in Christianity today...hypocrisy. God cannot be mock. Living life is not the most important thing, but living right and living for God. Man is like a flower that flourishes in the morning and withers at night. Man's pursuit about money, riches etc is all vanity. If you claim to be a Christian, why would you support sex before marriage, why would you way Hosanna today and crucify him tomorrow.
Let us all live for God...that's all that matters.

1 Like

Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by Dejideta: 8:07pm On Feb 17, 2013
visionbiafra: Point of correction, Christians are the richest people in the world: Carlos Slim Helu, Bill Gates, Roman Abramovich, Bernard Arnault to name, but a few. The most powerful people in the world are also Christians: Barack Obama, the Pope, Queen Elizabeth, Dilma Russef, David Cameron, Hillary Clinton to name, but a few.

A Christian is not a church goer.
A Christian is someone who is Christlike.
Do not be deceive, not everyone that attend a church is a Christian

1 Like

Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:18pm On Feb 17, 2013
ckkris:

MR PAGAN,
I lived in Hausa-speaking part of Northern Nigeria, and I'm eye witness of religious riots.

good for you. those riots are because of you 2 foolish irreligions that are destroying my nation.
Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:22pm On Feb 17, 2013
Dejideta:

A Christian is not a church goer.
A Christian is someone who is Christlike.
Do not be deceive, not everyone that attend a church is a Christian

A Christian is a man worshipper.
A Christian is a spiritual cannibal who eats flesh and drinks the blood of his/her God.
A Christian is someone who suffers from inferiority complex.
A Christian hates his own identity and culture but likes oynbo culture because he/she thinks it is more modernize.
A Christian likes to act like a monkey in front of Gods.
Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by otokx(m): 8:24pm On Feb 17, 2013
prairie: timothy 3:15, 'the church is the pillar and foundation of truth'. Forever catholic
John 17:17, the bible is the word of God and is the foundation and in deed the building blocks of christianity not any church.

1 Like

Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by ckkris: 8:31pm On Feb 17, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

A Christian is a spiritual cannibal who eats flesh and drinks the blood of his/her God.

Christians must grant you the FREEDOM OF SPEECH, to say whatever you like. If you excercise this liberty in your Local Govt Arear, you know what will happen to you.

1 Like

Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by greaterlove(m): 8:34pm On Feb 17, 2013
Op I admire your passion for the truth, I could have just read through without commenting but I feel I just have to say these. 1. That a man profess to be a christian does not make him one. 2. That a man or group of people can rent a hall or build a cathedral does not make it the church of Christ. 3. The church of Christ is perfect, nothing can harm or corrupt it, its either you are in it or not in it, its not a building. 4. Stop looking at physical structures and actions of pastors/priest/so called xtians to evaluate the body of Christ.5. Seek to know Christ personally, then and only then will you meet people who are on that path.6. Love your neighbor as ur self do good to all be they atheist, muslims, Buddhist, pagans etc for in them is also the God we claim to love.7. God's ways are perfect, those who have gotten a glimpse of the perfect man desire to get that revelation the more, they see their weaknesses and are humbled.
Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by remecy(f): 8:37pm On Feb 17, 2013
The bible says "seek ye first the kingdom of God and EVERY other thing shall be added unto you.
Not some but all your heart desires only if you seek him and sincerely.
Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by passjamb(m): 8:41pm On Feb 17, 2013
wordthots: In recent times this is one question that has really bothered me. Each time I look at the pauline prayers (eph.1:16-21, col.1:9-12, eph.3:14-18), they seem so deep and insightful.

I noticed paul didn't pray against enemies neither did he pray for material blessings (like many of us do today). Rather when he prayed for the churches, he prayed for depth, insight and more knowledge in the things of God

Today christianity is fast becoming a get rich quick scheme, we have set our minds on the mundane things. We have taken our eyes off jesus, setting them on the things we can get (money, health and prosperity).
Nowadays the watchword is "get all you can, can all you get and sit on the can"; whatever happened to contentment and knowing Him more.
We 've put so much emphasis on the temporal, forgetting that there's so much more. The new focus is man and what he can get from God. But there is a definite order in the scheme of things and that's seeking first Gods kingdom before the things. The emphasis and focus is God, not the things.

The worlds standards have become our standards. We claim to preach success and prosperity the bible way yet we use the worlds standards.
To us a successful church has a large congregation, large auditorium, the pastor and congregation drive exotic cars, the account is fat and their many business men in the church. Truth is, anybody can get these results, MOG or ifa priest. By hook or by crook. We say "God must be with you, since you are getting results". How naïve...

Contentment has lost its place...
Nowadays we are taught to give so as to get. The more you give, the more you get, we are slowly becoming clients of a magician God. And so Men now give just to get, afterall everyone wants to be a millionaire.
But the truth is we don't give to get, we give cause we love God and in obedience to His word; getting is a bye product (not the end in itself). Whether we get or not we should still give freely in obedience to his word.

We need to learn contentment. Not every christian will be a millionaire, there's no promise like that in the bible.. Paul stressed this in his writings just as Jesus did; contentment is key. Paul never prayed about the churches needs; as far as needs were concerned he just made plain statements of Gods provision e.g phil.4:19, 2cor.8:9. If we seek first Gods kingdom, our needs will be met and our bills will be paid (not necessarily in millions). Its not a prayer, its a fact.

Years back when preaching I used to present the gospel in a certain way. "If you have jesus you will never know poverty, sickness and you will live long". How ignorant I was...
I recently read in the papers about a certain man hugh hefner (owner of playboy- a mag dat promotes immorality) and was amazed. The guy is rich, healthy and very old, and he is far from being saved (without judging its obvious). There are many pagans, atheists etc just like him.
You don't have to be a christian to be innovative and standout, I mean that's clear in our world today; an example is Japan, which has more idol worshippers than christians yet it has a good economy and it is very innovative.

The richest men in the world are atheists, buddhists and pagans not christians.
My point; there's so much more to christianity...let's stop chasing the things, remember no man can serve 2masters.

We need to set our hearts on the right things. I don't know about you but my new watchword is that of Apostle paul:
[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [[a]which it exerts over believers) (AMP)

Words like this are no longer common in majority of churches today , lord ve mercy, all the same there is this, a church within the church and individually we are the church, let each walk worthy of his or her calling. Christ is coming for a church without blemish
Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by passjamb(m): 8:44pm On Feb 17, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

A Christian is someone who suffers from inferiority complex.
A Christian hates his own identity and culture but likes oynbo culture because he/she thinks it is more modernize.
A Christian likes to act like a monkey in front of Gods.

LOL God grant u wisdom in the knowledge of the truth, u ve no clue.

1 Like

Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by Reference(m): 8:44pm On Feb 17, 2013
remecy: The bible says "seek ye first the kingdom of God and EVERY other thing shall be added unto you.
Not some but all your heart desires only if you seek him and sincerely.

And what is the kingdom of God? And righteousness (if I may add) that God is so adamant we look for.
Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by prairie(f): 8:48pm On Feb 17, 2013
otokx: John 17:17, the bible is the word of God and is the foundation and in deed the building blocks of christianity not any church.
John 17:17 'sanctify us through thy truth, thy word is truth'. This verse does not negate my statement, infact that same word says in timothy that d church is the pillar and foundation of truth. Saying only the bible is the building block of christianity contradicts the bible itself
Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by passjamb(m): 8:50pm On Feb 17, 2013
Reference:

And what is the kingdom of God?

The kingdom of God is simply the kings domain, where the king is, to know how the kings kingdom operates you ve to know the king. You ve to know God, who is God, God is love.

A heart that is a heart of love is the kingdom of God, God first showed this love thru Jesus and the rest is history. Hope u get me

1 Like

Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:55pm On Feb 17, 2013
passjamb:

The kingdom of God is simply the kings domain, where the king is, to know how the kings kingdom operates you ve to know the king. You ve to know God, who is God, God is love.

A heart that is a heart of love is the kingdom of God, God first showed this love thru Jesus and the rest is history. Hope u get me

THERE IS ONLY 1 KING, H.R.H. Saarkin Daura Umar Faruk Umar, descendant of Bayanjidda, the last surviving Hausa Ruler of the true Bakwai..

Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 17, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by Reference(m): 9:16pm On Feb 17, 2013
passjamb:

Your answer is very fuzzy. Okay put it together with the second part of the text saying 'seeking His Righteousness' to understand better what is happening in the church today.
Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by YorubaOmoge: 9:18pm On Feb 17, 2013
I'm a devoted Christian, but my pastor okays my working at the strip club. He even comes to watch.

There's nothing wrong with an open-minded Christian. We know how to party like it's hot.
Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by Reference(m): 9:18pm On Feb 17, 2013
I wish to ask this question. Is what we are seeing in/of the church today a reflection of God succeeding or God failing.
Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by prairie(f): 9:24pm On Feb 17, 2013
omo_to_dun: This thread exemplifies the chief problem with religion: interpretation. Although I agree with the issues raised by the thread creator, his points are nothing more than his perspective, his opinion, and his interpretation. Since no one is an authority on the meaning of the scriptures, everyone is free to claim as true their interpretation of the Bible. And this is why there are sundry denominations in so many religions, especially in Christianity. Those who preach prosperity have ample evidence in the Bible to back up their perspective; those who preach about other tenets also have evidence in the Bible to back up their claims. Too much confusion.
you are right but the catholic church still preaches the truth, diff opinions strtd with martin luther
Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by prairie(f): 9:26pm On Feb 17, 2013
Reference: I wish to ask this question. Is what we are seeing in/of the church today a reflection of God succeeding or God failing.
it only shows the devil's ploy, the gate of hell shall never prevail against the church of christ
Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by Engen(m): 9:28pm On Feb 17, 2013
Too many confusions around beliefs but one thing I know for sure is that we all believe in something based on what that believe can accomplish for us...If what you said was true, then what is the purpose of Christianity?...The Japanese worship a god that you don't know nor understand but does that make then an idol worshipers? who on earth know the true and only God... ideologies,religions are the source of poverty and backwardness of my countries...The bible says God can never be comprehend nor understand,God according to the bible can never be analysed...but one thing am so confidence about is the love of my parents,my children and some family friends.I make mistakes,lie,commit adultery some times but I make amend and move on...we are all the same...
Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by Reference(m): 9:33pm On Feb 17, 2013
prairie: it only shows the devil's ploy, the gate of hell shall never prevail against the church of christ

So the explosion in churches, congregations, wealth, miracles, etc. is a reflection of what in your opinion, the kingdom of God or the kingdom of the Enemy. Who's making headway.
Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by danjalingo: 9:39pm On Feb 17, 2013
God bls u, my bro.he who has ears let him hear.
Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 17, 2013
visionbiafra: Point of correction, Christians are the richest people in the world: Carlos Slim Helu, Bill Gates, Roman Abramovich, Bernard Arnault to name, but a few. The most powerful people in the world are also Christians: Barack Obama, the Pope, Queen Elizabeth, Dilma Russef, David Cameron, Hillary Clinton to name, but a few.
born into a christian family doesnt make u a christian until u behave like christ.the above mentioned names have nothing in common with christ;they are confirmed satanists

1 Like

Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 17, 2013
Wonderful topic, and wonderful points made by the OP.

Christianity has long lost it's essence, and it is a big shame. Whatever happened to the ULTIMATE goal of Christianity: i.e. accepting Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, and obeying the Lord's Commandments so that you would make HEAVEN? ? ? ? ? ? ? When did promises of worldly wealth, material things, good health, an easy life, etc (all of which count for nothing in the final analysis) become part of the spiritual contract of Christianity between God and Man?

I don't claim to be a good Christian, simply because I am unabashedly weak in the flesh, and I am not particularly fond of pretense or self-deception. However, when that day comes - as I hope it will - that I decide to become a good Christian, then I know that I MUST forsake the worldly allures of wealth, materalism, and vanity in all it's shapes and forms.. . . the only thing on my mind would be how to do the things that Jesus says I need to do to make heaven. I can't understand why even so-called pastors and 'men of God' find it hard to accept this. Why must God's goodness and the effectiveness of one's worship be measured only in terms of money and worldly/temporary success?

2 Likes

Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by prairie(f): 10:04pm On Feb 17, 2013
Reference:

So the explosion in churches, congregations, wealth, miracles, etc. is a reflection of what in your opinion, the kingdom of God or the kingdom of the Enemy. Who's making headway.
The church experiences pitfalls but the gate of hell can never prevail

1 Like

Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
pro01: Wonderful topic, and wonderful points made by the OP.

Christianity has long lost it's essence, and it is a big shame. Whatever happened to the ULTIMATE goal of Christianity: i.e. accepting Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, and obeying the Lord's Commandments so that you would make HEAVEN? ? ? ? ? ? ? When did promises of worldly wealth, material things, good health, an easy life, etc (all of which count for nothing in the final analysis) become part of the spiritual contract of Christianity between God and Man?

I don't claim to be a good Christian, simply because I am unabashedly weak in the flesh, and I am not particularly fond of pretense or self-deception. However, when that day comes - as I hope it will - that I decide to become a good Christian, then I know that I MUST forsake the worldly allures of wealth, materalism, and vanity in all it's shapes and forms.. . . the only thing on my mind would be how to do the things that Jesus says I need to do to make heaven. I can't understand why even so-called pastors and 'men of God' find it hard to accept this. Why must God's goodness and the effectiveness of one's worship be measured only in terms of money and worldly/temporary success?
Same situation. I will not forget this post in a while.
Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by An0nimus: 10:13pm On Feb 17, 2013
prairie: you are right but the catholic church still preaches the truth, diff opinions strtd with martin luther
and what is this truth?
Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by oluplus(m): 10:15pm On Feb 17, 2013
This is a wake-up call. Nevertheless, the foundation of God stands sure, having this seal. Let everyone that names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? / "When You Kill Someone, His Blood Will Be On Your Head": How True Is This? / Pope Benedict Announces Shocking conversion To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.