Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? (17064 Views)

To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? / Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 19, 2013
Some posts here remind me of a day I was at the roadside, somewhere close to my abode, and there came this sophisticated, branded car..it looks so good, and new. cheesy So, I decided to stay alittle more to have it pass by so I could get the name and mode of the car..cheesy. Alas, all I saw was a sticker behind with the words: 'Don't be moved by what you see, my treasure is in Heaven'. Wow! Immediately, I understood the message..Yes, as christians, it feels so good to be rich and still be a Believer. Howbeit, there's a problem when all our energy and concentration is given to pursuit of material things. They are truly vanity. If great wealth comes while you're working hard and praying to God for divine provision...good thing. However, our primary focus and message shouldn't be wealth-centric. Jesus laid a solid foundation and as followers, we need to walk in His steps. The Bible has it that what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and lose his soul? My greatest fear is not to die an unbeliever..

Heaven is counting on us smiley

3 Likes

Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by melodytoda: 9:48am On Feb 21, 2013
Thank you whoever you are. You just hammered on issues that have been bothering me for quite some time. I don't know what is happening but every sermon these days seems to be talking about prosperity one way or the other. It is almost difficult now to find a sermon that focuses on the coming of Jesus, repentance, etc.

1 Like

Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by prairie(f): 9:00pm On Feb 22, 2013
mosquitoNet: pls abeg, what is the difference between pentecostals, catholics and jehovah witneSses? And many others? Abeg! Doo!!
You know there is a difference
Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by prairie(f): 9:08pm On Feb 22, 2013
motif8:

sorry what should they preach poverty? have forgorten that u cant have the spirit of the third person of the trinity and be poor? ur pastor can preach stone who cares
Lol! Jesus was conceived of the holyspirit and yet he was a carpenter, being poor doesnt connote wretchedness, what we should pray for is contentment and just not to be rich, even Jesus said it'll b easier for a donkey to pass through the eye of a needle...............christianity isnt about prosperity alone infact wealth is just a fringe benefit not the real message

1 Like

Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by intrepid: 9:51pm On Feb 22, 2013
elevated2012: our problem is religion, we are too religious in Nigeria.All the problems I have had in my life has been as a result of religion.[color=#000099][/color]
Please dear in a forum like this you have to be very clear and not write ambiguously.Let ppl understand your tots.How is religion your problem and how has it been so we can learn.Thanks.
Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by intrepid: 9:53pm On Feb 22, 2013
elevated2012: Christianity can make you poor if you are not careful...ask me why? Because the pastor keeps exploiting! undecided[code][/code]
POINT OF CORRECTION: Pastors can make you poor,NOT Christianity please.

1 Like

Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by prairie(f): 7:14pm On Feb 23, 2013
I pray we rediscover Jesus again in our hearts and live him in our actions, christ said a lot of people will say on judgement day 'Lord! We preached and cast demons out in ur name, but he will turn and say I do not know u'. Let us not keep a facade of holiness but let our inward purity pour out into our outward appearance, we cannot keep saying its only d inside that matters, both matter, let our clean heart radiate into the lives of everyone we meet, remove the veils of prejudice from your eyes and see everyone in the light of christ. Btw d guy quotin koran is rili funny cos christians dnt bliv in d koran in d first place. Peace be with y'all
Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by DRPYGRU: 6:37am On Nov 28, 2013
@ Op God bless you.
Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by slye(m): 7:06am On Nov 28, 2013
"but in vain they do worship me teaching for
doctrines the commandment of
men" (Matthew15:9) said Jesus. whose doctrine re we following men or Jesus? where's the Bible from?
Re: Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? by Franklinus: 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
THE INDISPENSABLE TRUTH FOR TODAY !!! (2 COR. 4:6-17; MATT. 16:24-27) http://credoexperience..com/2014/07/the-indispensable-truth-for-today-2-cor.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pope Benedict Announces Shocking conversion To Islam / How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading / What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.