Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,984 members, 7,814,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

My Boss And I - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boss And I (8202 Views)

How The Gift I Innocently Got For My Boss's Daughter Got Me Into Trouble / My Boss Is Sleeping With My Best Friend Fiancee / I Buy Pant For My Boss And Got Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss And I by jmoore(m): 7:56pm On Feb 07, 2013
@op better quit and forget the guy. You never know the plans of a jealous wife.
Re: My Boss And I by 190: 8:05pm On Feb 07, 2013
jmoore: @op better quit and forget the guy. You never know the plans of a jealous wife.

Una just want make the poor girl loose her Job
she should just do it and save her job

after all the man might not even last up to 10 minutes grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Boss And I by Acidosis(m): 8:46pm On Feb 07, 2013
Abeg quit the damn man and his job jare...

Thats a worthy price to pay for your marriage, your husband and your children..
If the man has the fear of God... he'll apologise, beg & then urge you to stay..on one condition! (you already know).

Forget the south africa ish... you'll go when its time for some valuable and worthy reasons (may be a holiday trip with husby and kids).

Last time I checked, Architecture is a professional career...you have an 'msc', right? do not panic.. God will make a way!
One of the richest man I know around here (as in my location) is an Architect. Your case cannot be different, you'll make it.

1 Like

Re: My Boss And I by biolabee(m): 9:05pm On Feb 07, 2013
candygosh:

Must someone get into d wrong hands because she wants to stop her boss from liking her further. Marriage is a life time contract, u cannot afford a mistake.

Does marriage stop the boss from liking her further Its like asking yourself if washing your pot or kettle with vim stops it from getting black again. I hope u get me!

she may be dating whom she intends to marry .. u dont know that

Well me i would say dont quit unless u have sth or u are poached
keep on posting the guy until u get sth else

1 Like

Re: My Boss And I by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 07, 2013
190:

undecided

Pokenoser cheesy
Re: My Boss And I by AZeD1(m): 10:15pm On Feb 07, 2013
OP whether you resign or not don't follow him to South Africa!
Re: My Boss And I by nobniger: 12:39am On Feb 08, 2013
No one will force you to do anything you don't want to, just be very polite at all time. The worst thing you want to do at present will be to abandon your work and be dependant on someone else, don't do that, be strong. You can turn these ugly hostile work environment,I think that's what it is, to your very own advantage. People go through bigger obstagles and barriers in the lenght of their carriers, that's real world and real life. you cannot quit each time you hit a bump, confront it with plannings and win like you'll win this one.
Re: My Boss And I by Midastorch(m): 1:24am On Feb 08, 2013
I've skipped this thread lyk 5 tymz cos I beleieved its one of those dirty girls talk buh u proved me wrong.buh Nikky re u for real,azin you've written your resignation letter?that's very unlyk a normal Nigerian girl and I COMMEND you for that.lyk some1 said earlier,no1 can force to do what you don't lyk to do no matter the pressure.just be polite in all ur dealings with him.Resigning maybe tantamous to joblessness for the next God knows years.keep the Job and be respectful.....

1 Like

Re: My Boss And I by Nobody: 3:13am On Feb 08, 2013
Nikky, i see why your boss likes you... You take bold steps. Weldone girl...a better job is just around the corner for you.

1 Like

Re: My Boss And I by MaziOmenuko: 6:12am On Feb 08, 2013
Nooooooo!!! Don't quit! Quitters don't win! What happened to all the positive talks and inspirational books we've been reading? Time for application of all life has taught you and you want to quit?

I quick question, does the man own the company? If yes, then go on and submit that letter, if not, then why are you trying to quite a job because an ordinary boss makes you feel uncomfortable? Something he can easily wave aside and say he was just being friendly.

I tire for these advices I'm seeing here!!! Quiting should be the last resort after you must have done one or ALL of the following;

1. Speak with him. Tell him what you just told us. Go the extra lenght of showing him the resignation letter you drafted.

2. Avoid him in the office. I have a strange feeling you encouraged this fondness of his. Little drips of water makes the ocean. If you had resisted his 'innocent' lunch invitations from the onset, it wouldn't have gotten to this.

3. If steps 1 and 2 above didn't work, apply for a change of department. if its possible, let them move you from the present department/branch to another one (that is assuming its not a one-room company with one department and one boss)

4. Talk to his superiors. Are there managers, directors or anyone he is answerable to? This step must be taken if/ when steps 1-3 above did not work.

7. Speak to his wife. Visit him in his house when his wife is around. You guys can form a rouind table conference and discuss the way forward.

10. (Please don't quit) I hate quitting.
Its funny how we all read those inspirational books, but when it comes to applying them, we draft a resignation letter. DON'T QUIT!!! The universe might be angry with you!!
Re: My Boss And I by MaziOmenuko: 6:18am On Feb 08, 2013
Rukemi291: Nikky, i see why your boss likes you... You take bold steps. Weldone girl...a better job is just around the corner for you.
A better job? Where? At your dad's company?
I hardly visit this section because I have a feeling there are more kids than adults.
Op, most of them asking you to quit are still undergraduates! Listen to me, read my lips,- unless you have another better paying job somewhere waiting for you, then don't quit-

Then what happens when you find another good paying job and the boss their eyes you? You quit too? How long are you gonna keep quiting?

Be bold and tackle your problems. Don't let life beat you around like a teddy bear. Stand firm and fight, don't quit!
Re: My Boss And I by MaziOmenuko: 6:21am On Feb 08, 2013
jmoore: @op better quit and forget the guy. You never know the plans of a jealous wife.

Yea, right! I'm out'a here before you guys corrupt me with ya negativity.
Re: My Boss And I by kross01(m): 8:27am On Feb 08, 2013
@ OP; i can only advise u to quit ur job if you can secure another one soon or better still, if u can be self employed, & like someone rightly pointed out, the moment you go to SA with him, you've nailed ur own coffin cos i dont see you ever getting out of the web of things that will follow, cos u might even loose ur own bf & will also brk his family even if nutyn happened btwn u guys there.speaking with his wife as someone suggested might only lead to u clearing urself b4 her, but can bring perpetual animosity from ur boss & u'll definitely end up being victimised by him or even being unfairly dismissed in which case a honorable resignation would have done. As for me, i'ld suggest u remain there, u can even go buy an engagement ring and put on & tell him u & ur bf are already on your marriage plans(might be a perfect reason to avoid the SA trip to enable marriage plans) & i think its high time mr bf gts to knw(that is if he's d understanding type, so he can help u scheme beta).Whicheva path u choose to take, just make sure u apply wisdom.
Re: My Boss And I by GeraldSima(m): 9:10am On Feb 08, 2013
As difficult as it might seem, that's the best thing to do under such circumstance!!!
Re: My Boss And I by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 08, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:
A better job? Where? At your dad's company?
I hardly visit this section because I have a feeling there are more kids than adults.
Op, most of them asking you to quit are still undergraduates! Listen to me, read my lips,- unless you have another better paying job somewhere waiting for you, then don't quit-

Then what happens when you find another good paying job and the boss their eyes you? You quit too? How long are you gonna keep quiting?

Be bold and tackle your problems. Don't let life beat you around like a teddy bear. Stand firm and fight, don't quit!

Is it better she gets bathed with Conc. acid? I personally wouldn't want her to quit before getting a better job too but we are talking about a man whose wife already asked 'who is Nike?'.

I hope we wont come and see a headline on Nairaland reading 'A Nairalander Got Bathed With Acid By Her Boss' Wife'.
Re: My Boss And I by yamakuza: 1:33am On Feb 16, 2013
1 man's inability to control his libido should not deprive you (and your family?) your source of livelihood. in saner climes, you have enough grounds to sue for sexual harassment.

its a good thing you are not interested in the guy romantically, so the guy will either have to force you or wait a very long while. that means as long as you dont give in, your job is secure. once you give in, your job is as good as gone.

the main issue i see here is how to survive the next 6-36mths till you get another job. the only thing i can add to Mazi's list is that you become very good friends with his wife. her coming to look for you is enough opportunity to get close to her.

do keep us updated.
Re: My Boss And I by nikkypearl(f): 7:56am On Feb 16, 2013
@yamakuja..tnks!I alredy quit d job,d wife came asking aftr me bcoz she heard a lot abt me nd saw so many pictures of mine on his fone!tho d man keep calling nd begging me 2cum bak,dat he can't do anything withou me nd that so many clients kip askin aftr me,but no goin bak!I knw God wil do the best 4me sooner and soonest!

2 Likes

Re: My Boss And I by biolabee(m): 10:59am On Feb 16, 2013
hmmmmm.....
Re: My Boss And I by Csami(m): 11:34am On Feb 16, 2013
If na me, i go just sh*t for the man face seen how disguisting it is....him must free me.
Re: My Boss And I by Coldfaya(m): 3:05pm On Feb 16, 2013
nikkypearl: @yamakuja..tnks!I alredy quit d job,d wife came asking aftr me bcoz she heard a lot abt me nd saw so many pictures of mine on his fone!tho d man keep calling nd begging me 2cum bak,dat he can't do anything withou me nd that so many clients kip askin aftr me,but no goin bak!I knw God wil do the best 4me sooner and soonest!

Choi.......that was a bold step. God help me and u secure a better job amen.
Re: My Boss And I by nikkypearl(f): 4:26pm On Feb 16, 2013
AMEN!tnkss
Re: My Boss And I by seyigiggle: 4:56pm On Feb 16, 2013
why is this thread like angel and devil debating? quit, don't quit.

well, what is your intuition telling you? don't get yourself confused. calm down weight your options. may God guide you through.
Re: My Boss And I by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 17, 2013
nikkypearl: @yamakuja..tnks!I alredy quit d job,d wife came asking aftr me bcoz she heard a lot abt me nd saw so many pictures of mine on his fone!tho d man keep calling nd begging me 2cum bak,dat he can't do anything withou me nd that so many clients kip askin aftr me,but no goin bak!I knw God wil do the best 4me sooner and soonest!

wow. Oh girl, you are courageous. I wish you well
Re: My Boss And I by luvmijeje(f): 9:45am On Feb 17, 2013
Op good of u! U did the right thing.It maybe rough for a while but u will definitely get a better job,be strong.
Re: My Boss And I by vision2050: 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2013
March 20
nikkypearl:

Yes,2004 -2012 !we got married last year! @op!u are asking y?we met in my first year in school!shocked
boyfriend or married last year which one should we believe?? Nike on paro (you be liar)

3 Likes

Re: My Boss And I by foward1212(m): 7:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
Why should u loose ur job because of that. Deal with it. Confront him and tell him ur mind, period. Do u know d challenge u will face in ur next job? Its part of growing up, u face ur challenges and not run.
Acidosis: ...modified grin
Re: My Boss And I by patholaw: 11:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
vision2050: boyfriend or married last year which one should we believe?? Nike on paro (you be liar)
pls don't open her yansh here again...she haz learnt her lesson 4rm d oda topic dat its not good 2 lie grin
Re: My Boss And I by ITbomb(m): 2:27am On Mar 22, 2013
How far Nikky
U don give the man the yansh yet
I guess una stayed d same hotel room in south africa
Re: My Boss And I by biolabee(m): 7:12am On Mar 22, 2013
ITbomb: How far Nikky

She says she has resigned the job
Re: My Boss And I by Youngpo413: 7:47am On Mar 22, 2013
190:

190!!!
Haba
190:

[color=red]

190!!!
Haba[/color]
190:

190!!!
Haba
Re: My Boss And I by oduz: 1:18pm On Mar 22, 2013

There lies another opportunity

Offer your service as a consultant to him amongst others, & employ some staff to interface btw d two companies

1 Like

Re: My Boss And I by nikkypearl(f): 4:34pm On Mar 23, 2013
ITbomb: How far Nikky
so daft and irrational!dat's watz u are!u don't want 2tell me u are so blind 2read I resigned d following day?av gat nofin 2say 2u coz u sound like a frustuated soul!y do I av 2post d thread if I dated him in d first place,don't I av a guilty conscience? I sed I ad a boyfriend,I sud av sed a fiance abi!we did our intro/ engagement last year but did d white last february!wat did I sed wrong abeg!nd av got no reason 2brainwash any1 in a faceless forum like nairaland!I don t nid no1 2blv me ok!not even fools like u!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Caused You To Split With Your Last Partner? / Top 5 Countries With The Most Beautiful & Sexiest Ladies In The Whole World! / How To Spot People With Fat joystick & Wide Punna Research Discovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.