Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,322 members, 7,860,770 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:57 PM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (144538 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 12:57pm On Jun 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord. Keep your tithes if you will not give your heart to the Lord.

Is that the good news Christ gave you to propagate?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

Is that the good news Christ gave you to propagate?

The good news is that you should go get an afterlife!
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 2:00pm On Jun 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

The good news is that you should go get an afterlife!

That is not the gospel Jesus Christ gave you to share with the world. Go and know what Christ expect of you before accusing or encouraging people wrongly to go pay tithe.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:27pm On Jun 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

That is not the gospel Jesus Christ gave you to share with the world. Go and know what Christ expect of you before accusing or encouraging people wrongly to go pay tithe.

Contending for the faith is not tantamount to being contentious about the faith.

"But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes"
(2 Timothy 2:23).
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 5:46pm On Jun 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Contending for the faith is not tantamount to being contentious about the faith.

(2 Timothy 2:23).

What makes you a christian bro?..If i were to be asking for your church's account number to pay tithe, I am sure I would not ask twice.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
shdemidemi:

What makes you a christian bro?..If i were to be asking for your church's account number to pay tithe, I am sure I would not ask twice.

Don't be a pecksniffian. You cannot serve God and Mammon.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 07, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

hmnn. another one added to my vocabulary collection.lol

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 7:36pm On Jun 07, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Is that why you choose to disregard God by twisting his word and serving mammon instead

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
Bidam:

hmnn. another one added to my vocabulary collection.lol

That's a good one. wink

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 08, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Is that why you choose to disregard God by twisting his word and serving mammon instead
You are the one coveting God's tithe here.Covetousness is the root of pride.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 8:09am On Jun 08, 2013
Bidam: You are the one coveting God's tithe here.Covetousness is the root of pride.

Kindly define God's tithe for me as stated in scripture and explain to me how I am coveting it.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 8:57am On Jun 08, 2013
@bidam,

oladegbu does not even know what makes him a christian, I assume you know but you definitely do not understand your position in Christ. If you do, you would not be toeing and merging another ritual to our salvation.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by SincereBigot: 10:46am On Jun 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Give your heart to the Lord and then your tithes will follow. Where is your treasure situated at?
ok, you dont wanna answer my question.. another question: if i decide to pay my tithe according to Deuteronomy 14:22-29.... am i going against the will of God?

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 10, 2013
Sincere Bigot: ok, you dont wanna answer my question.. another question: if i decide to pay my tithe according to Deuteronomy 14:22-29.... am i going against the will of God?

Good question, let's wait for the response.

cheesy
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:01am On Jun 10, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Kindly define God's tithe for me as stated in scripture and explain to me how I am coveting it.

Romans 2:22 tells us not to commit sacrilege. Tithes belongs to God and if you are a Christian and do not give your tithes you are committing sacrilege because of your coveteousness.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:04am On Jun 10, 2013
Sincere Bigot:

ok, you dont wanna answer my question.. another question: if i decide to pay my tithe according to Deuteronomy 14:22-29.... am i going against the will of God?

Christians tithes according to the Abrahamic system. True Christians are children of Abraham in faith and they must walk in his steps except you are not a child of Abraham. Romans 4:12; Hebrew 7

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Christians tithes according to the Abrahamic system. True Christians are children of Abraham in faith and they must walk in his steps except you are not a child of Abraham. Romans 4:12; Hebrew 7

lol, your hypocrisy is becoming obnoxious , stop all the lies and twisting of scripture.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 11:32am On Jun 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

So, because you share the same trust and faith in God like Abraham did, you must follow the tradition of tithing practiced outside God?
Where in the bible were you told to follow the ways of Abraham asides the trust he had which made him righteous with God?

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 12:13pm On Jun 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Romans 2:22 tells us not to commit sacrilege. Tithes belongs to God and if you are a Christian and do not give your tithes you are committing sacrilege because of your coveteousness.

Ok I agree tithe belongs to God but I need you to show me from scripture the definition of God's tithe so I can be sure I am giving God's tithe as defined by him. Abi that's too difficult for you to answer again.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 12:18pm On Jun 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Don't mind him. Abraham only tithed Melchizedek ONCE. These were the spoils of war, which never belonged to Abraham in first place:
Genesis 14: 22 And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the Lord, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,23 That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich: 24 Save only that which the young men have eaten, and the portion of the men which went with me, Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre; let them take their portion.

No record of him tithing again.
Again, to tithe God is good. ut let none of these wolves lie to you adn say you will miss your blessing because you did not tithe.
Case settled

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:24pm On Jun 10, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Ok I agree tithe belongs to God but I need you to show me from scripture the definition of God's tithe so I can be sure I am giving God's tithe as defined by him. Abi that's too difficult for you to answer again.

Good that you agree that tithes belongs to God. The next step is that you should stop stealing from God.

"You that says that a man should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You that abhors idols, do you commit sacrilege?"
(Romans 2:22).

Assignment: Find out the meaning of sacrilege if you don't know the meaning.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Don't mind him. Abraham only tithed Melchizedek ONCE. These were the spoils of war, which never belonged to Abraham in first place:
Genesis 14: 22 And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the Lord, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,23 That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich: 24 Save only that which the young men have eaten, and the portion of the men which went with me, Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre; let them take their portion.

No record of him tithing again.
Again, to tithe God is good. ut let none of these wolves lie to you adn say you will miss your blessing because you did not tithe.
Case settled

The mere fact that Abraham gave tithes is enough for a true child of Abraham by faith to walk in his steps by giving tithes in appreciation to the goodness and mercy of the most High God.

"And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised"
(Romans 4:12)
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

The mere fact that Abraham gave tithes is enough for a true child of Abraham by faith to walk in his steps by giving tithes in appreciation to the goodness and mercy of the most High God.

LIAR !

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 12:43pm On Jun 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Good that you agree that tithes belongs to God. The next step is that you should stop stealing from God.

You do your assignment first and show us the definition of God's tithe from scriptures. Failure to do this you would be confirming to the whole world once again that you are a fraudster and a charlatan. Your knack for evading simple questions is really nauseating only for you to come round and start asking totally irrelevant and extremely daft questions.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 12:49pm On Jun 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

you are so used to using scriptures wrongly to support this tithe ritual. Romans 2:22 was condemning the jewish ways of doing things. Paul was in no way encouraging them to continue but he was trying to bring them out of it into the gospel of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by flourishG(m): 12:53pm On Jun 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

what system did abraham instituted? is abraham your father according to d flesh(jews) or faith?why do u confuse yourself?is abraham tithe items of spoils of war acceptable under d God commanded tithe?if it is acceptable show us scriptures where spoils from war were accpetable tithable items under God's commandment.why do u say you tithe under abraham system and still quote malachi3:9-10 n d law of tithing etc?isn't that deception,ignorant n hypocrisy?why are you confusing yourself?abraham tithed once and not again, can u agree that all those of us who don't tithe anymore had once tithe in d past.will that qualifiy us as a tither under your ignorant "abraham system"?do u go to war physically still?can't you read what abraham took from war were not his properties?do you return everything back to your enemies without keeping nothing to urself?those are things u should do to follow abraham system.why are you a frontrunner of judaism?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by flourishG(m): 1:08pm On Jun 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

ignorance is your daily bread.and so what if sacrilege means stealing from temple or what is consecrated to God.so what?do you not know u are the temple of God now and God does not live in temples made with hands n stomes?you cannot see all these things chnaged because you are a frontfrunner of judaism.judaizers don't accept the physical temple is gone and God now lives in d spiritual temples, the body of believers who are the church of God around d world.cant u understand that verse is talking about physical temple and people stealing from the physical temple before it was destroyed?do you still worship in jerusalem physical temple?d gift and calling of God is without repentance you.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 1:16pm On Jun 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

This guy, what was the step of faith Paul was referring to? Stop twisting the bible, the Apostle was talking about how Abraham had faith/ trusted God without circumcision and it was accounted to him as righteousness.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by flourishG(m): 1:22pm On Jun 10, 2013
shdemidemi:

This guy, what was the step of faith Paul was referring to? Stop twisting the bible, the Apostle was talking about how Abraham had faith/ trusted God without circumcision and it was accounted to him as righteousness.
leave him alone.he cannot teach the truth himslef if he doesnt copy matthew henry article.his life n teachings is on what matthew henry morris says.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:37pm On Jun 10, 2013
Pastor Kun:

You do your assignment first and show us the definition of God's tithe from scriptures. Failure to do this you would be confirming to the whole world once again that you are a fraudster and a charlatan. Your knack for evading simple questions is really nauseating only for you to come round and start asking totally irrelevant and extremely daft questions.

shdemidemi:

you are so used to using scriptures wrongly to support this tithe ritual. Romans 2:22 was condemning the jewish ways of doing things. Paul was in no way encouraging them to continue but he was trying to bring them out of it into the gospel of Christ.

flourishG:
what system did abraham instituted? is abraham your father according to d flesh(jews) or faith?why do u confuse yourself?is abraham tithe items of spoils of war acceptable under d God commanded tithe?if it is acceptable show us scriptures where spoils from war were accpetable tithable items under God's commandment.why do u say you tithe under abraham system and still quote malachi3:9-10 n d law of tithing etc?isn't that deception,ignorant n hypocrisy?why are you confusing yourself?abraham tithed once and not again, can u agree that all those of us who don't tithe anymore had once tithe in d past.will that qualifiy us as a tither under your ignorant "abraham system"?do u go to war physically still?can't you read what abraham took from war were not his properties?do you return everything back to your enemies without keeping nothing to urself?those are things u should do to follow abraham system.why are you a frontrunner of judaism?

flourishG:

ignorance is your daily bread.and so what if sacrilege means stealing from temple or what is consecrated to God.so what?do you not know u are the temple of God now and God does not live in temples made with hands n stomes?you cannot see all these things chnaged because you are a frontfrunner of judaism.judaizers don't accept the physical temple is gone and God now lives in d spiritual temples, the body of believers who are the church of God around d world.cant u understand that verse is talking about physical temple and people stealing from the physical temple before it was destroyed?do you still worship in jerusalem physical temple?d gift and calling of God is without repentance you.

It is obvious that you guys don't walk in the steps of father Abraham who was justified by faith, hence, you are not his children. If you cannot follow in the footsteps of Abraham in giving tithes you definitely cannot follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ who is the Seed of Abraham through which we are connected.

Your priorities right now is to humble yourselves and go to God with a contrite heart and ask God to forgive you and then receive Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour before you start thinking of giving your tithes in obedience to God.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 4:06pm On Jun 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU: It is obvious that you guys don't walk in the steps of father Abraham who was justified by faith, hence, you are not his children. If you cannot follow in the footsteps of Abraham in giving tithes you definitely cannot follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ who is the Seed of Abraham through which we are connected.

Your priorities right now is to humble yourselves and go to God with a contrite heart and ask God to forgive you and then receive Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour before you start thinking of giving your tithes in obedience to God.

See your ignorant,so tithe connects me to Abraham and Abraham connects me to Christ right? You keep talking rubbish all the time.

The only thing that connects me with Abraham is his TRUST in God. I share the same faith as him because I believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ. No room for ritual, my ignoramus tithe propagator(EME).
Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 4:23pm On Jun 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

It is obvious that you guys don't walk in the steps of father Abraham who was justified by faith, hence, you are not his children. If you cannot follow in the footsteps of Abraham in giving tithes you definitely cannot follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ who is the Seed of Abraham through which we are connected.

These tithe gospel merchants keep descending to new lows in their twisting of scriptures just to sustain their tithe racket now that it has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt to all discerning christians that the tithe doctrine preached today is a complete fallacy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (141) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's House And Jeeps (Picture) / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.