Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (143609 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 10, 2013
Image123:
i don't think God would accept your tithes. Do you have eternal life?

How can GOD accept tithes, does he eat tithes ?

God wants us to give our money , time and resources to his children and not make a show of paying tithes in church that are mostly used for the enrichment of pastors or projects that have no direct impact on the pockets of widows, orphans and the poor.

Now my other question to you , what do you understand by eternal life ?

wink
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 1:27pm On Jun 11, 2013
frosbel:

How can GOD accept tithes, does he eat tithes ?

God wants us to give our money , time and resources to his children and not make a show of paying tithes in church that are mostly used for the enrichment of pastors or projects that have no direct impact on the pockets of widows, orphans and the poor.

Now my other question to you , what do you understand by eternal life ?

wink
my understanding is not important except you just want to re-dodge the question. Do you have eternal life frosb?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 11, 2013
Image123:
my understanding is not important except you just want to re-dodge the question. Do you have eternal life frosb?

what is eternal life ? At least let me know what you mean and respond in the right context.

smiley
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 2:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
frosbel:

what is eternal life ? At least let me know what you mean and respond in the right context.

smiley
frosb, you only want an argument on the definition. Whatever you understand by eternal life, do you have it? Do you have what God understands as eternal life?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by DrummaBoy(m): 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
@Image123,

Your self righteousness has suddenly shown forth. So you are the one to say if frosbel has eternal life? What happened to 'God alone knows those who are his..'? Or the Spirit witness with our spirit that we are sons of God? Or you also advance the theology that we are saved through faith but sustained in faith by paying tithe, ignorantly espoused by the OP of this thread?

Leave frosbel alone with if he has or has not eternal life and face the topic of the thread. ie, bring up your best argument for the tithes and watch them torn to pieces.

BTW, I asked Bidam a question which he conveniently dodged. He said U will or have answered them

Distinguish btw tithing and circumcision. How is one abolished and the former remain though they are both pre law?

*awaiting response*

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:15am On Jun 12, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Daily Manna

Giving For God's Service

TEXT: Nehemiah 13:10-14

"Then all Judah brought the tithe of the grain and the new wine and the oil to the storehouse" (Nehemiah 13:12)

As we approach the end of the age, nations are plagued with economic recession, caused by mismanagement and failure to fully tap God-given resources. The resultant effect is that millions of people are losing their jobs around the world, due to reduction in labour. In contrast, Church work demands more labourers, even during these hard times. "The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few". From where comes this provision? God relies on the faithful giving of His people. Such must therefore see it as their duty to God to give of their substance.

Nehemiah was shocked on reaching the house of the Lord that the ministers there, the Levites and their choristers, had abandoned their post for lack of provision. They left the ministry of the word, in search of food on the farms. The leaders were to be blamed for not teaching the people to give their tithes and offerings, so that there will be "meat in God's house (Malachi 3:10). Nehemiah corrected the lapses, ordered the people to bring in their tithes and the Levites were restored to their ministry. He appointed honest and faithful men to manage the resources. By this the Levites had their provision regularly supplied and they remained in their service to God and the people.

Many anointed ministers are quitting the ministry today not for lack of vision but for want of food. This ought not to be. Believers are to live up to their responsibility of regularly paying their tithes and offerings, so that this generation of anointed ministers of God is not lost to commerce and industry.

Those who manage church estate need to be faithful, honest and prudent, so that there is no lack in God's house. How faithful are you in obeying God's command to bring in all the tithes? To deny the Church of your tithes is to rob God of what rightly belongs to Him. To obey is better than sacrifice. You can make amends if you are found wanting.

Thought for the day: "Give, not of necessity but cheerfully"

For Details . . .
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 3:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
DrummaBoy: @Image123,

Your self righteousness has suddenly shown forth. So you are the one to say if frosbel has eternal life? What happened to 'God alone knows those who are his..'? Or the Spirit witness with our spirit that we are sons of God? Or you also advance the theology that we are saved through faith but sustained in faith by paying tithe, ignorantly espoused by the OP of this thread?

Leave frosbel alone with if he has or has not eternal life and face the topic of the thread. ie, bring up your best argument for the tithes and watch them torn to pieces.

BTW, I asked Bidam a question which he conveniently dodged. He said U will or have answered them

Distinguish btw tithing and circumcision. How is one abolished and the former remain though they are both pre law?

*awaiting response*
am not the one to say if frosb has eternal life. If you bothered to read me, i was asking him to say. So far, he either doesn't have it or doesn't know. Lets wait for him.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2013
Image123:
am not the one to say if frosb has eternal life. If you bothered to read me, i was asking him to say. So far, he either doesn't have it or doesn't know. Lets wait for him.

I told you to ask Jesus.

wink
Re: Tithes And Offerings by flourishG(m): 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2013
Frosb,ignore dis pple that can't teach d word but eternally depend on what hhm PhD says n ignore this hypocritical pharisee asking if u hv eternal life in tithe discussion,dats madness n nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 4:03pm On Jun 12, 2013
frosbel:

I told you to ask Jesus.

wink
i rest my case.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 4:05pm On Jun 12, 2013
flourishG: Frosb,ignore dis pple that can't teach d word but eternally depend on what hhm PhD says n ignore this hypocritical pharisee asking if u hv eternal life in tithe discussion,dats madness n nonsense.
Stop being a busy body in other men's matters. Your carnal nature would rather have you contentious than verify the testimony of your fiend.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by flourishG(m): 4:50pm On Jun 12, 2013
Image123:
Stop being a busy body in other men's matters. Your carnal nature would rather have you contentious than verify the testimony of your fiend.
dude is frosb subject to u?how dare u b asking a Christian Christ died for if he hv eternal life because of tithe u don't agree?is tithe eternal life?does tithe or not give eternal life?u must be out of yr God given mind.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 7:08pm On Jun 12, 2013
flourishG: dude is frosb subject to u?how dare u b asking a Christian Christ died for if he hv eternal life because of tithe u don't agree?is tithe eternal life?does tithe or not give eternal life?u must be out of yr God given mind.
Who is this fellow who feels he can dictate or limit my discussion with another? Do you need attention or what? What is wrong in asking anyone are you a Christian, or are you born again, or do you have eternal life? Do you have the spirit of the antichrist working in you or what makes you somewhat flustered?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by flourishG(m): 8:50pm On Jun 12, 2013
Image123:
Who is this fellow who feels he can dictate or limit my discussion with another? Do you need attention or what? What is wrong in asking anyone are you a Christian, or are you born again, or do you have eternal life? Do you have the spirit of the antichrist working in you or what makes you somewhat flustered?
who cares abt your hypocritical hypothesis?n what is antichrist spirit?can u mentioned it?why do u relate tithe to eternal life in pple Christ died for?are u not d one in antichrist n need d spirit of Christ?I registered dis forum last year or so but was on other Christian forum n I hv seen pple like u many discussion n here to handle u n your likes on dis forum.what d heck is special abt u dat I seek attention for?are u Christ or God that I shld seek attention from?you must b carnally in yr reasoning.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:09am On Jun 14, 2013
flourishG:

who cares abt your hypocritical hypothesis?n what is antichrist spirit?can u mentioned it?why do u relate tithe to eternal life in pple Christ died for?are u not d one in antichrist n need d spirit of Christ?I registered dis forum last year or so but was on other Christian forum n I hv seen pple like u many discussion n here to handle u n your likes on dis forum.what d heck is special abt u dat I seek attention for?are u Christ or God that I shld seek attention from?you must b carnally in yr reasoning.

"The sacrifice of the wicked is abomination: how much more, when he brings it with a wicked mind?"
(Proverbs 22:27).

"The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord: but the prayer of the upright is his delight"
(Proverbs 15:8.)

You can see from the passages above the connections that tithes and offerings have with eternal life. Human beings no matter how religious they may be can never atone for their own sin and buy eternal life by giving their tithes and offerings. The wages of sin is death but eternal life is a gift from God.

Giving of our tithes and offerings, church attendance or our good deeds is an "abomination" to the Lord as all these acts are only prompted by a guilty conscience. It is like a guilty criminal trying to pervert justice by offering a bribe to the judge. Our tithes and offerings and good works as good as they may be cannot outweigh our sins if we refuse to repent and believe the gospel.

Therefore, image123's question remains valid as he has highlighted our need of eternal life before we seek to obey the Lord with our good works. Obedience is better than sacrifice.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 11:19am On Jun 14, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

(Proverbs 22:27).

(Proverbs 15:8.)

You can see from the passages above the connections that tithes and offerings have with eternal life. Human beings no matter how religious they may be can never atone for their own sin and buy eternal life by giving their tithes and offerings. The wages of sin is death but eternal life is a gift from God.

Giving of our tithes and offerings, church attendance or our good deeds is an "abomination" to the Lord as all these acts are only prompted by a guilty conscience. It is like a guilty criminal trying to pervert justice by offering a bribe to the judge. Our tithes and offerings and good works as good as they may be cannot outweigh our sins if we refuse to repent and believe the gospel.

Therefore, image123's question remains valid as he has highlighted our need of eternal life before we seek to obey the Lord with our good works. Obedience is better than sacrifice.

This oladegbu again-- still on this tithe issue?
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 16

What do you understand by that verse?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:25pm On Jun 14, 2013
shdemidemi:

This oladegbu again-- still on this tithe issue?
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 16

What do you understand by that verse?

That you cannot serve God and Mammon simultaneously. cool
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 12:39pm On Jun 14, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

That you cannot serve God and Mammon simultaneously. cool

Ok sir, please read this in its entirety and give me scripture (not your semantics) to show I am wrong:

Numbers 18:21-24
I give to the Levites all the tithes in Israel as their inheritance in return for the work they do while serving at the tent of meeting.22 From now on the Israelites must not go near the tent of meeting, or they will bear the consequences of their sin and will die. 23 It is the Levites who are to do the work at the tent of meeting and bear the responsibility for any offenses they commit against it. This is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. They will receive no inheritance among the Israelites. 24 Instead, I give to the Levites as their inheritance the tithes that the Israelites present as an offering to the LORD. That is why I said concerning them: ‘They will have no inheritance among the Israelites.’”

This is a story for another day (or you can see my thread on Ewe/Yoruba being true Israelites), I consider myself a descendant of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I am not under law to tithe however because my pastor is not a Levite. Consider this, even Jews of today do not tithe, for this very reason.

Secondly, tithe is not money, never was, never will be. But you are thinking, "but I earn money, not cattle". Well then, let me gie you another verse:

Deuteronomy 14:22-27
You shall tithe all the yield of your seed that comes from the field year by year. 23 And before the Lord your God, in the place that he will choose, to make his name dwell there, you shall eat the tithe of your grain, of your wine, and of your oil, and the firstborn of your herd and flock, that you may learn to fear the Lord your God always. 24 And if the way is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, when the Lord your God blesses you, because the place is too far from you, which the Lord your God chooses, to set his name there, 25 then you shall turn it into money and bind up the money in your hand and go to the place that the Lord your God chooses 26 and spend the money for whatever you desire—oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And you shall eat there before the Lord your God and rejoice, you and your household. 27 And you shall not neglect the Levite who is within your towns, for he has no portion or inheritance with you.

If God accepted money, he would have said, if your tithe is too heavy to carry to the place of worship, turn it into silver and give the money to Levites. BUT he did not. He said exchange it for money, go to the place of worship, and THEN buy food.

If you tithe for the same reason Abraham tithed (only recorded once though) i.e. out of choice and NOT compulsion, that is great and there is no law against that. But let me give you knowledge regarding his tithe so no man can be put under guilt.

Abraham simply gave a tenth of the spoils of war, which did not belong to him in the first place. After that, there is no record of him tithing again. Also, he gave the remaining 90% to his men. If you did that every time you earned income, your children would starve to death. Let us examine the scripture
Genesis 14:20-24
"And Abram gave him a tenth of everything. 21 And the king of Sodom said to Abram, “Give me the persons, but take the goods for yourself.” 22 But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “I have lifted my hand to the Lord, God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth, 23 that I would not take a thread or a sandal strap or anything that is yours, lest you should say, ‘I have made Abram rich.’ 24 I will take nothing but what the young men have eaten, and the share of the men who went with me. Let Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre take their share.”

When we true Hebrews are restored to the land, then I will bring my tithe as per the law. All other tithes you give out of choice. And the Lord loves a cheerful giver

Shalom
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:24pm On Jun 14, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Ok sir, please read this in its entirety and give me scripture (not your semantics) to show I am wrong:

Numbers 18:21-24
I give to the Levites all the tithes in Israel as their inheritance in return for the work they do while serving at the tent of meeting.22 From now on the Israelites must not go near the tent of meeting, or they will bear the consequences of their sin and will die. 23 It is the Levites who are to do the work at the tent of meeting and bear the responsibility for any offenses they commit against it. This is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. They will receive no inheritance among the Israelites. 24 Instead, I give to the Levites as their inheritance the tithes that the Israelites present as an offering to the LORD. That is why I said concerning them: ‘They will have no inheritance among the Israelites.’”

This is a story for another day (or you can see my thread on Ewe/Yoruba being true Israelites), I consider myself a descendant of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I am not under law to tithe however because my pastor is not a Levite. Consider this, even Jews of today do not tithe, for this very reason.

Why did you miss out verse 20?

"And the Lord spake to Aaron, You shall have no inheritance in their land, neither shall you have any part among them: I am your part and your inheritance among the children of Israel"
(Num. 18:20)

The Jews of today that you are taking pride in aren't even the children of Abraham according to faith. The Abrahamic covenant was given to Abraham and his seed. We partake of this covenant by faith in our Lord Jesus Christ who is the Seed that connects us to Abraham's blessings.

Numbers 18:20-24 that you referred to were commands to the children of Israel to support the Levites and the high priests. What you see in the OT here is a shadow of the things to come. Christians learn from the spiritual principle that we should support our ministers that are dedicated to the ministry. The ministry of Aaron is a temporary one while that of Melchizedek is eternal in Christ (Psalm 110; Heb.5:10; 6:20; 7:1-28).

Therefore, if you are Abraham's child by faith you will follow in his footsteps as he was the first one to be recorded that pay tithes by faith in appreciation of the victory that the Lord granted him.

JesusisLord85:

Secondly, tithe is not money, never was, never will be. But you are thinking, "but I earn money, not cattle". Well then, let me gie you another verse:

Deuteronomy 14:22-27
You shall tithe all the yield of your seed that comes from the field year by year. 23 And before the Lord your God, in the place that he will choose, to make his name dwell there, you shall eat the tithe of your grain, of your wine, and of your oil, and the firstborn of your herd and flock, that you may learn to fear the Lord your God always. 24 And if the way is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, when the Lord your God blesses you, because the place is too far from you, which the Lord your God chooses, to set his name there, 25 then you shall turn it into money and bind up the money in your hand and go to the place that the Lord your God chooses 26 and spend the money for whatever you desire—oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And you shall eat there before the Lord your God and rejoice, you and your household. 27 And you shall not neglect the Levite who is within your towns, for he has no portion or inheritance with you.

If God accepted money, he would have said, if your tithe is too heavy to carry to the place of worship, turn it into silver and give the money to Levites. BUT he did not. He said exchange it for money, go to the place of worship, and THEN buy food.

You are reading this Scripture with a carnal mind. There were 3 types of tithes referred to here which should not be confused together. Tithes for the Levites (Deut.14:27; 12:19; Lev. 10:14) must not be confused with a second tithes for the individual himself who pays for expenses at the national gathering(Deut. 14:22-26; 12:11,21) neither must this be confused with the third type of tithes for the Levites, strangers, fatherless, widows or the poor(Deut.26:12).

Believers in Christ tithe according the Abrahamic system (Gen.14:20) who tithed according to the law written in his heart. The same can also be said of Jacob's vow to tithe.

JesusisLord85:

If you tithe for the same reason Abraham tithed (only recorded once though) i.e. out of choice and NOT compulsion, that is great and there is no law against that. But let me give you knowledge regarding his tithe so no man can be put under guilt.

Abraham simply gave a tenth of the spoils of war, which did not belong to him in the first place. After that, there is no record of him tithing again. Also, he gave the remaining 90% to his men. If you did that every time you earned income, your children would starve to death. Let us examine the scripture
Genesis 14:20-24
"And Abram gave him a tenth of everything. 21 And the king of Sodom said to Abram, “Give me the persons, but take the goods for yourself.” 22 But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “I have lifted my hand to the Lord, God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth, 23 that I would not take a thread or a sandal strap or anything that is yours, lest you should say, ‘I have made Abram rich.’ 24 I will take nothing but what the young men have eaten, and the share of the men who went with me. Let Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre take their share.”

Don't be saturnine when reading the Scriptures. If you had been paying attention to details you would have noticed the list of first examples here and not be fixated on whether it was only recorded once or not. You will see the first time that the emblem of the Lord's supper was used (Gen.14:18); the first instance of praising God (Gen.14:19); and the first example of paying tithes (Gen.14:20) and even the first use of the word "priest of the Most high God." Could it be that the Mammon god will not allow folks to see and appreciate these new revelations? Your guess is as good as mine.

JesusisLord85:

When we true Hebrews are restored to the land, then I will bring my tithe as per the law. All other tithes you give out of choice. And the Lord loves a cheerful giver

Shalom

Who are the true Hebrews? The Ewe/Yorubas? Lobatan! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 3:29pm On Jun 14, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Why did you miss out verse 20?

(Num. 18:20)

The Jews of today that you are taking pride in aren't even the children of Abraham according to faith. The Abrahamic covenant was given to Abraham and his seed. We partake of this covenant by faith in our Lord Jesus Christ who is the Seed that connects us to Abraham's blessings.

Numbers 18:20-24 that you referred to were commands to the children of Israel to support the Levites and the high priests. What you see in the OT here is a shadow of the things to come. Christians learn from the spiritual principle that we should support our ministers that are dedicated to the ministry. The ministry of Aaron is a temporary one while that of Melchizedek is eternal in Christ (Psalm 110; Heb.5:10; 6:20; 7:1-28).

Therefore, if you are Abraham's child by faith you will follow in his footsteps as he was the first one to be recorded that pay tithes by faith in appreciation of the victory that the Lord granted him.

You are reading this Scripture with a carnal mind. There were 3 types of tithes referred to here which should not be confused together. Tithes for the Levites (Deut.14:27; 12:19; Lev. 10:14) must not be confused with a second tithes for the individual himself who pays for expenses at the national gathering(Deut. 14:22-26; 12:11,21) neither must this be confused with the third type of tithes for the Levites, strangers, fatherless, widows or the poor(Deut.26:12).

Believers in Christ tithe according the Abrahamic system (Gen.14:20) who tithed according to the law written in his heart. The same can also be said of Jacob's vow to tithe.

Don't be saturnine when reading the Scriptures. If you had been paying attention to details you would have noticed the list of first examples here and not be fixated on whether it was only recorded once or not. You will see the first time that the emblem of the Lord's supper was used (Gen.14:18); the first instance of praising God (Gen.14:19); and the first example of paying tithes (Gen.14:20) and even the first use of the word "priest of the Most high God." Could it be that the Mammon god will not allow folks to see and appreciate these new revelations? Your guess is as good as mine.

Who are the true Hebrews? The Ewe/Yorubas? Lobatan! lipsrsealed

Ok, now I am going to show you why you are mistaken.
You said "individual himself who pays for expenses at the national gathering". Moses introduced a temple tax. Well, it was the atonement money but to be used for upkeep of temple.
Exodus 30:14-16 "All who cross over, those twenty years old or more, are to give an offering to the Lord. 15 The rich are not to give more than a half shekel and the poor are not to give less when you make the offering to the Lord to atone for your lives. 16 Receive the atonement money from the Israelites and use it for the service of the tent of meeting. It will be a memorial for the Israelites before the Lord, making atonement for your lives."
We see a similar tax requested of Jesus in Matthew 17, he said "cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee."
Key here is, temple upkeep was flat rate for EVERYONE. Not proportional to income/harvest.

You mention three tithes. That is all well and good. There was an annual tithe to be eaten at the one place of worship. There was the tithe to be colleced every third year in their towns. Deut 14:28 "At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands."

It seems there were particual foodstuffs that had to be taken to the place of worship, irrespective of which year. Deut 12:17 "You must not eat in your own towns the tithe of your grain and new wine and olive oil, or the firstborn of your herds and flocks, or whatever you have vowed to give, or your freewill offerings or special gifts."

In all cases, we are talking about food. Money was only collected aas recorded in Exodus, the temple tax. And we see from Matthew 17, this was still he custom. Anyway, I have laboured that point enough.

Let's turn to Melchiezedek. I chuckle everytime I see you type "Abrahamic system",and as you pick and choose which you copy. In any case, show me where today's pastors have a claim to Melchizedek's priestly order. As if God would take office that belonged to his people and turn it over to the Gentiles to abuse.
Abraham didn't give Melchiezedek goods that actually belonged to him. Secondly, tithes, in every case I have seen, was given to the priest. Abraham made sacrifices, that is true. But when a priest such as Melchiezedek was not around, who did he give it to?

To give God a tenth is not a sin. If you can give more, do so with a cheerful heart. But it is not a sin not to tithe. That is the truth.

Regarding the true Hebrews, I urge you to do some research. Try the book 'The Call to th Hebrews'.

God Bless you
Re: Tithes And Offerings by ikemofepo(m): 5:58am On Jun 15, 2013
WHICH LAW HAS THE DEATH OF JESUS CHRIST ANNULLED?
Which aspect of the Law of Moses does Paul affirm that the death of Jesus Christ has annulled, is it the Ten Commandments or the ordinances of worship of the OT?
Some people say that the law is divided into moral and ceremonial parts.
There is no dichotomy between the moral and the ceremonial in Paul’s theology. The teachings of Paul are by direct revelation of Jesus Christ, (Gal. 1:12; 1Cor. 14:37) and all the other apostles endorsed them. (Gal. 2:9, 10) The Ten Commandments is the nucleus of the whole OT ordinances of worship. It is sin against the Ten Commandments that necessitates the ordinances of worship for purification; and the ordinances of gifts for the priests and Levites were meant to keep and maintain the human resources under the law. There is no distinction between moral laws and ceremonial laws in the literature of the NT. The law which Paul says works death is the tenth commandment; (Rom.7:7-13; Ex.20:17) and the ministration of death is written on stones. (2Cor. 3:7-11)
“What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. 8But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. 9For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. 10And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. 11For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me”. (Rom.7:7-11).

The above shows that the Decalogue is part of what gives sin power, and by it the accuser comes and opens the door for the enemy to take over. It is the law which empowers sin, so that death is able to sting.
“The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law”. 1Cor.15:56.
It is the Ten Commandments written and engraved in stones, that is the nucleus of all other rules, statutes, ordinances, and judgments of the OT. This same Decalogue is called ministration of condemnation and that which is passing away. (2 Cor.3:7-11). “But if the ministration of death, written and engraved in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not steadfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: 8How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 9For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. 10For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. 11For if that which is passing away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious”.

Many of us behave as if we were more knowledgeable on spiritual things than Apostle Paul. We could even suggest that all his epistles be removed from the Bible. But unfortunately, we are the people in error. Jesus Christ is the final revelation of God to humanity and His NT must prevail over the OT. It is God’s plan.
“Wherefore the law was our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we might be justified by faith. But when faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.” Gal.3:24, 25
God spoke through Prophet Ezekiel that the Law He gave then was not good, and the judgment emanating from the law could not give anybody life. Eze. 20:24.
It is quite unfortunate that the church has abandoned the truth for so long that she is now used to falsehood, and does not like to go back to the truth. People generally think that whatever is biblical is a strange doctrine; and that whatever is generally accepted, which brings result and which looks convenient is the truth. When people see what the Bible says on a point, they want to accept on the condition that it is convenient to their taste or a highly respected person is the one saying it.
Let us consider the following dialogue between God and man.

MAN: Father God, what is your opinion about the Law of Moses?
GOD: I have annulled it, (Heb.7:18); I have made it obsolete, (Heb.8:13); I have changed it, (Heb.7:12); I have wipe it out, (Col.2:14); and I have cast it out because it is the seed of the bondwoman, (Gal.4:30); and in its stead I have made a new arrangement. (Heb.8:7-cool.
MAN: Can we not borrow some of the precepts of the OT for our worship services?
GOD: Anybody who wants to borrow part of the law must be prepared to keep everything as stipulated. (James 2:10; Gal.5:3) Nobody is permitted to amend the Law of Moses to suit his own condition. (Deut.5:32; 17:20; 28:14; Jos.1:7) But let anyone who puts himself under the law know for sure that he has no part with Jesus Christ, the mediator of the New Testament, (Gal.3:10; 5:4) because he makes void the death of Jesus.(Gal.2:21). Do you want to go back under the curse from where Jesus has redeemed you?
MAN: Father, will people not violate your law when we say that they are not under the law?
GOD: Have they not been violating it before? When the Law of Moses was fully operational, people broke it; even the Israelites who were given the law first hand could not keep it. (Acts 7:53; 15:10) Let me tell you plainly, I did not design that the law should save anybody; rather it was designed to condemn people so that they might realize that they need a Savior. Anyone who accepts Jesus and stays in His teaching is the one who will be delivered from the bondage and condemnation that the law brings. (Rom.6:3-14) Nobody who puts himself under the law will have a part in my kingdom. (Gal.5:4)
MAN: But Jesus said that He did not come to cancel the law but to fulfill it. (Mat.5:17). What about that?
GOD: Yes He came to fulfill the law and that is why He said in Lk. 24:44 that He had now fulfilled all. After fulfilling the law, the Law of Moses had spent its force and it is not binding on the NT believers. Only those who love Christ will stay under the New Covenant, Many who pay tithe today do so either for the fear of a curse or because they want blessings. Hardly do we see people who contribute money because of their love for me. My son Jesus said, “My yoke is easy ….” If anybody decides to carry the yoke of Moses, he finds trouble for himself. (Gal.5:1)
MAN: If the Ten Commandments had been abrogated, does it mean we can continue to sin?
GOD: You have to know that the moral standard of a new creature in Christ is above the dictates of the Law of Moses. The law says, “You shall not commit adultery,” but my son Jesus said that anyone who lusted after a woman had already committed adultery in his heart. (Mt.5:27-28) Anybody who accepts the Lordship of Jesus is declared righteous. (2Cor. 5:21; Rom.5:17) Paul, my beloved servant said that the law was not for the righteous but for sinners. (1 Tim. 1:9-10). If you desire to remain under the law, it is your problem. In my own program, the law is obsolete and I have annulled it. Go and study 2 Cor.3:7-11 properly and you will see that the law is a ministry of death, of condemnation, and that which is fading away. Why will you like to stay on what I have abandoned? It cannot profit you.
MAN: Father does it really matter what we do or believe? I think sincerity with You is the most important thing.
GOD: You may be sincere all you want to but as long as you go against my blueprint, you will not be pardoned. Moses was sincere, yet he missed the Promised Land. Uzzah was sincere and yet he died a sudden death. King Saul was sincere and yet was rejected. Your sincerity is not enough, follow my own blueprint. Only those who bow to my will shall rejoice in the end.
MAN: There are so many popular and charismatic preachers who believe, teach, and collect tithes. Can all these people be wrong?
GOD: You have your Bible where you can see how I dealt with people in the past. None of the people you talk about can be more popular and charismatic than Moses, who shook Egypt to its very foundation. Moses missed his target simply because he used an old revelation and set aside the new one. I am not partial in any way, so if Moses could miss his destiny on account of one instance of disobedience, anybody who ignores the New Testament provisions is in trouble! (Heb. 2:3).
MAN: Thank you Father, it is now clear to me. But I want you to clarify 2 Sam. 24:24 where David said, “…Nor will I offer burnt offerings to the LORD my God with that which costs me nothing…” Some preachers told us that even if we don’t have we could borrow in order to give. They encouraged us to give above our resources. Is that in order?
GOD: Read the whole passage from verse 11 to the end and you will see that nothing there suggests what your preachers are telling you. David as a king was wealthier than Aruanah who wanted to give him objects he needed free of charge. David declined because he could afford to pay for those items. Look at my final revelation from the Jerusalem Bible, “As long as the readiness is there, a man is acceptable with whatever he can afford; never mind what is beyond his means. This does not mean that before you give relief to others you ought to make things difficult for yourselves…” (2Cor. 8:12-14) The unfortunate thing about you humans is that you still want to stay around the stake to which you were tied even after your chains had been broken. It is not the fault of those preachers who take advantage of you; it is your fault because you are too lazy to find out the truth for yourselves.
MAN: Father, would you advise us these days to give all just like people did in Acts of the Apostles? Your Son Jesus commended the widow who gave all as the best giver. What do you say?
GOD: Really, giving all is the spirit of the New Testament. But I must quickly add that the situation then made giving all practicable. When people gave all, they were sure to have their needs met afterwards. A situation whereby giving all will only service the lusts and luxuries of a cabal, is unacceptable. Listen to what I inspired Paul to say in 2Cor. 8:13-14, “I am not trying to relieve others by putting a burden on you; but since you have plenty at this time, it is only fair that you should help those who are in need. Then when you are in need and they have plenty, they will help you. In this way both are treated equally.” That was the case in the early church. Today when all that your leaders emphasize is giving, but the needs of the poor are not catered for, you must be careful. You can have a project of ministering to the poor yourself if your church does not take it seriously.

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 15, 2013
grin lawless reprobates will like your post na.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 8:59am On Jun 15, 2013
Bidam: grin lawless reprobates will like your post na.

Stubborn bidam....the guy spoke very well. You are the fraud on this matter.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 15, 2013
shdemidemi:

Stubborn bidam....the guy spoke very well. You are the fraud on this matter.
grin you call God's infallible word fraud? you really need to examine scriptures again o
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 9:16am On Jun 15, 2013
Bidam: grin you call God's infallible word fraud? you really need to examine scriptures again o

Lol...so what infallible word of God did I call fraud sir? See me see blackmail grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 15, 2013
shdemidemi:

Lol...so what infallible word of God did I call fraud sir? See me see blackmail grin
ok..the guy wrote that the commandments were cancelled..was it really cancelled? who is the fraud here now?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 9:26am On Jun 15, 2013
Bidam: ok..the guy wrote that the commandments were cancelled..was it really cancelled? who is the fraud here now?
the law of Moses is truly obsolete. The laws were for the Jews in the first place, the church has no obligation to observe the law of Moses. If you are teaching me to practice the mosaic law, you are a fraud indeed.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 15, 2013
shdemidemi: the law of Moses are truly obsolete. The laws were for the Jews in the first place, the church has no obligation to observe the law of Moses. If you are teaching me to practice the mosaic law, you are a fraud indeed.
the law of moses and the commandments are different.Go back and read it again..the bible even differentiated them.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 9:36am On Jun 15, 2013
Bidam: the law of moses and the commandments are different.Go back and read it again..the bible even differentiated them.
what commandment are you talking about? Be precise pls.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by flourishG(m): 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2013
Bidam: the law of moses and the commandments are different.Go back and read it again..the bible even differentiated them.
are u a Jew by birth?y are u advancing in Judaism like Saul of Tartus?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by DrummaBoy(m): 6:03pm On Jun 15, 2013
[quote
author=Bidam]the law of moses and the commandments are different.Go
back and read it again..the bible even differentiated them.[/quote]

[quote
author=Bidam]the law of moses and the commandments are different.Go
back and read it again..the bible even differentiated them.[/quote]

Bidam
That write up said it all. The contention has been on distinguishing what Moses law is and that write up referred us to the 2Corinthians 3 scripture that said the law written on the tablets were being done away with: alwaystrue will say there was Law of God and Law of Moses but this write up shows they are one and the same.

If this doesn't convince U, U are beyond redemption or worse still, it confirms Pastor Kun's accusation that U know the truth but simply choose the path of deception bc it affords U opportunity to defraud people.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by ikemofepo(m): 8:44am On Jun 16, 2013
Bidam: grin lawless reprobates will like your post na.

Funny how people try hard to keep the Law. And selectively at that. Most christians don't study the scriptures but love to argue what's in their heads and what their pastors told them. I'm glad the greedy tithing remained until now. I'm sure God just looked on at how the Old Covenant slipped into the new. Greedy and selfish christians would hardly give anything save the tithe! And if that is how they're forced to give all well and good. I have read so much on this blog. There are two sides, people that talk out of knowledge, and people that talk as mouth pieces to their pastors

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (141) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's House And Jeeps (Picture) / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.