Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,234 members, 7,860,498 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:45 AM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (144526 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 10, 2013
Pastor Kun:

These tithe gospel merchants keep descending to new lows in their twisting of scriptures just to sustain their tithe racket now that it has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt to all discerning christians that the tithe doctrine preached today is a complete fallacy.

Dear brother , these days Christianity has been turned on it's head, we can only try to stop these people from destroying the souls of men.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 10, 2013
shdemidemi:

See your ignorant,so tithe connects me to Abraham and Abraham connects me to Christ right? You keep talking rubbish all the time.

The only thing that connects me with Abraham is his TRUST in God. I share the same faith as him because I believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ. No room for ritual, my ignoramus tithe propagator(EME).
It actually does bro..if you consider Jesus as the beginning of all creation..The Power of the tithes here which predates the Law can be seen as an act of faith. And as i may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham. Hebrew 7 :9because even Levi was still inside Abraham when Melchizedek(High priest in Jesus order) met Abraham.vs10.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 4:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
Bidam: It actually does bro..if you consider Jesus as the beginning of all creation..The Power of the tithes here which predates the Law can be seen as an act of faith. And as i may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham. Hebrew 7 :9because even Levi was still inside Abraham when Melchizedek(High priest in Jesus order) met Abraham.vs10.

^^^
What a load of crap angry
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 4:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
Bidam: It actually does bro..if you consider Jesus as the beginning of all creation..The Power of the tithes here which predates the Law can be seen as an act of faith. And as i may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham. Hebrew 7 :9because even Levi was still inside Abraham when Melchizedek(High priest in Jesus order) met Abraham.vs10.

Bidam..you wanna start with me today. What is my own with what Abraham did with his personal life asides trusting God. God told Abraham you would have a son, he laughed. God asked if the laughed, they lied that they weren't. Every time he senses danger he tells his wife to lie about their relationship, should I copy all that as well?

My friend all Abraham did to be righteous before God was 'BELIEF'minus any ritual. All I can do to please God is to believe in the gospel of Christ minus works.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 10, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bidam..you wanna start with me today. What is my own with what Abraham did with his personal life asides trusting God. God told Abraham you would have a son, he laughed. God asked if the laughed, they lied that they weren't. Every time he senses danger he tells his wife to lie about their relationship, should I copy all that as well?

My friend all Abraham did to be righteous before God was 'BELIEF'minus any ritual. All I can do to please God is to believe in the gospel of Christ minus works.
we are talking about tithe here( a form of OT Giving) and you fail to see the scripture i quoted when levi wasn't even born..Scriptures record Abraham believed God and that is enough for me Not the story you wrote up there..Whichever way you look at it there is a spiritual connotation for all of us to learn from.Or are you saying giving to the church is abolished in NT
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 5:08pm On Jun 10, 2013
Bidam: we are talking about tithe here( a form of OT Giving) and you fail to see the scripture i quoted when levi wasn't even born..Scriptures record Abraham believed God and that is enough for me Not the story you wrote up there..Whichever way you look at it there is a spiritual connotation for all of us to learn from.Or are you saying giving to the church is abolished in NT

Look at these twisters. Gp read my friend. How many times did Abraham Tithe Melchizedek? Were the goods he tithed his in first place? No. Abraham did a lot of things, do you follow those? Do you offer sacrifices, even that pre-dates Moses? What utter garbage. Get out of here my friend!
I'm so glad there are many people who do not fall for the tricks of greedy men.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 5:13pm On Jun 10, 2013
Bidam: we are talking about tithe here( a form of OT Giving) and you fail to see the scripture i quoted when levi wasn't even born..Scriptures record Abraham believed God and that is enough for me Not the story you wrote up there..Whichever way you look at it there is a spiritual connotation for all of us to learn from.Or are you saying giving to the church is abolished in NT

Thank God you said old testament giving. My brother, the full arrangement of the old ended on the cross, like you said they are there in the scriptures for our learning and not for practice. Christ paid with his blood to fulfill all the requirements of the old. Giving in the new testament is all different, no more as a ritual or compulsion but out of free will cos God loves a cheerful giver.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
shdemidemi:

Thank God you said old testament giving. My brother, the full arrangement of the old ended on the cross, like you said they are there in the scriptures for our learning and not for practice. Christ paid with his blood to fulfill all the requirements of the old. Giving in the new testament is all different, no more as a ritual or compulsion but out of free will cos God loves a cheerful giver.
Thank God we agree on these.The only thing we might not agree on is the heart to give and the lifestyle of the giver.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 10, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Look at these twisters. Gp read my friend. How many times did Abraham Tithe Melchizedek? Were the goods he tithed his in first place? No. Abraham did a lot of things, do you follow those? Do you offer sacrifices, even that pre-dates Moses? What utter garbage. Get out of here my friend!
I'm so glad there are many people who do not fall for the tricks of greedy men.
grin grin We are not talking about the ritualistic programs.Jesus paid that price by his death on the cross..it might do you good my friend to read the book of the blood covenant in hebrews before you accuse me erroneously like kun here..our approach to bible studies might be different.i see tithing as a principle not a covenant.just like marriage,clothing,worship etc of old.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2013
Bidam: grin grin We are not talking about the ritualistic programs.Jesus paid that price by his death on the cross..it might do you good my friend to read the book of the blood covenant in hebrews before you accuse me erroneously like kun here..our approach to bible studies might be different.i see tithing as a principle not a covenant.just like marriage,clothing,worship etc of old.

How many times did Abraham tithe? Read the context in Genesis my friend.
Another thing. Tithe has never been money. And SCRIPTURE proves it:
Deuteronomy 14:22-27
You shall tithe all the yield of your seed that comes from the field year by year. 23 And before the Lord your God, in the place that he will choose, to make his name dwell there, you shall eat the tithe of your grain, of your wine, and of your oil, and the firstborn of your herd and flock, that you may learn to fear the Lord your God always. 24 And if the way is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, when the Lord your God blesses you, because the place is too far from you, which the Lord your God chooses, to set his name there, 25 then you shall turn it into money and bind up the money in your hand and go to the place that the Lord your God chooses 26 and spend the money for whatever you desire—oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And you shall eat there before the Lord your God and rejoice, you and your household. 27 And you shall not neglect the Levite who is within your towns, for he has no portion or inheritance with you.

If God accepted money, he would have said, if your tithe is too heavy to carry, turn it into silver and give the money to Levites. BUT he did not. So get out of here my friend. Twisting scripture because you are well aware the majority don't actually know what is written in the word of God.
Let this case be settled, and the false teachers scatter!

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 10, 2013
JesusisLord85:

How many times did Abraham tithe? Read the context in Genesis my friend.
Another thing. Tithe has never been money. And SCRIPTURE proves it:
Deuteronomy 14:22-27
You shall tithe all the yield of your seed that comes from the field year by year. 23 And before the Lord your God, in the place that he will choose, to make his name dwell there, you shall eat the tithe of your grain, of your wine, and of your oil, and the firstborn of your herd and flock, that you may learn to fear the Lord your God always. 24 And if the way is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, when the Lord your God blesses you, because the place is too far from you, which the Lord your God chooses, to set his name there, 25 then you shall turn it into money and bind up the money in your hand and go to the place that the Lord your God chooses 26 and spend the money for whatever you desire—oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And you shall eat there before the Lord your God and rejoice, you and your household. 27 And you shall not neglect the Levite who is within your towns, for he has no portion or inheritance with you.

If God accepted money, he would have said, if your tithe is too heavy to carry, turn it into silver and give the money to Levites. BUT he did not. So get out of here my friend. Twisting scripture because you are well aware the majority don't actually know what is written in the word of God.
Let this case be settled, and the false teachers scatter!
grin grin do you give money in your church? that is if you even attend church to start with.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 7:23pm On Jun 10, 2013
Bidam: grin grin do you give money in your church? that is if you even attend church to start with.
I donate towards church project in my church... no tithes
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 7:24pm On Jun 10, 2013
Bidam: grin grin do you give money in your church? that is if you even attend church to start with.

I give you scripture to rebuke you conclusively, and you respond with garbage.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 10, 2013
JesusisLord85:

what else is new with charlatans.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 10, 2013
JesusisLord85:

SORRY I CULDN'T RESPOND ALSO TO THE GARBAGE YOU WROTE.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 7:33pm On Jun 10, 2013
Bidam: SORRY I CULDN'T RESPOND ALSO TO THE GARBAGE YOU WROTE.

Would you like to twist Deuteronomy? I'm waiting for you
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 10, 2013
frosbel:

what else is new with charlatans.

You haven't answered my queshion in the trinity thread..you are just selecting post..SMH
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 7:33pm On Jun 10, 2013
Bidam: SORRY I CULDN'T RESPOND ALSO TO THE GARBAGE YOU WROTE.
bidam ..na only this tithing dey fall your hand o. upgrade bro
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Would you like to twist Deuteronomy? I'm waiting for you
grin AM sorry to put it succinctly you really are a fool..did you see me quoting deut in this argument? are you in the OT or NT?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 10, 2013
shdemidemi: bidam ..na only this tithing dey fall your hand o. upgrade bro
My bro...i don explain to you the revelation wey i get as per hebrew concerning it being a spiritual principle..am not here to condemn christian who don,t even tithe to start with.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 7:39pm On Jun 10, 2013
Bidam: grin AM sorry to put it succinctly you really are a fool..did you see me quoting deut in this argument? are you in the OT or NT?

I'm glad you called me that. Anyway, I quoted Deuteronomy to show you are a liar. You have not responded. You lowered yourself even further to insulting me by calling me fool. It is well. smiley
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 8:23pm On Jun 10, 2013
Bidam: My bro...i don explain to you the revelation wey i get as per hebrew concerning it being a spiritual principle..am not here to condemn christian who don,t even tithe to start with.
what revelation o, from who?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 10, 2013
JesusisLord85:

I'm glad you called me that. Anyway, I quoted Deuteronomy to show you are a liar. You have not responded. You lowered yourself even further to insulting me by calling me fool. It is well. smiley
Sorry bro..but you kept asking silly queshions not relating to what i posted..does hebrew 7:9 looks like an OT scripture to you?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 10, 2013
shdemidemi:
what revelation o, from who?
Where do we get revelations if not the bible..SMH
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 9:28pm On Jun 10, 2013
Bidam: Where do we get revelations if not the bible..SMH

haa people say they get calls now or God is talking to them grin But the bible and the new covenant is clear on all sacrifices aforetime. Where exactly is this revelation in the bible
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 9:34pm On Jun 10, 2013
Have you paid your tithes?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 10, 2013
Image123: Have you paid your tithes?

Show me a levite and the temple storehouse and I will pay my tithes. wink

I might at some stage also use some of my tithe to buy strong drink in line with Deuteronomy 14:25-26

smiley
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 10:07pm On Jun 10, 2013
Bidam: Sorry bro..but you kept asking silly queshions not relating to what i posted..does hebrew 7:9 looks like an OT scripture to you?

You did not answer me regarding Deuteronomy 14:22-27.
Well I can answer you on Hebrews. Abraham gave Melchizedek 10% of what gained in war. He did NOT keep the other 90%. Gen 14:23.

Now let me ask you, since you follow everything Abraham did. Do you give away the other 90% also? Exactly.

Secondly, Abraham circumcised Isaac. But we all know in the NT Paul rebuked the Jews for telling the gentiles they had to be circumcised to be saved. So I know you're not about to go down that ancient road. We Nigerians circumcise our sons on the 8th day, but NOT in adherence to the Mosaic Law. After all, even our local pagans do it.

When you give away the other 90% let me know. smiley
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
JesusisLord85:

You did not answer me regarding Deuteronomy 14:22-27.
Well I can answer you on Hebrews. Abraham gave Melchizedek 10% of what gained in war. He did NOT keep the other 90%. Gen 14:23.

Now let me ask you, since you follow everything Abraham did. Do you give away the other 90% also? Exactly.

Secondly, Abraham circumcised Isaac. But we all know in the NT Paul rebuked the Jews for telling the gentiles they had to be circumcised to be saved. So I know you're not about to go down that ancient road. We Nigerians circumcise our sons on the 8th day, but NOT in adherence to the Mosaic Law. After all, even our local pagans do it.

When you give away the other 90% let me know. smiley
#yawn# mr..new comer it might do you some good to start from the beginning of this thread as all these queshions have been thrashed..am really not up for this ok?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 10:44pm On Jun 10, 2013
frosbel:

Show me a levite and the temple storehouse and I will pay my tithes. wink

I might at some stage also use some of my tithe to buy strong drink in line with Deuteronomy 14:25-26

smiley
i don't think God would accept your tithes. Do you have eternal life?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
shdemidemi:

haa people say they get calls now or God is talking to them grin But the bible and the new covenant is clear on all sacrifices aforetime. Where exactly is this revelation in the bible
i don tire to dey go back and forth with you abeg. What do you understand by faith? and what do you understand by tithing is an act of faith?What do you understand by something having a spiritual connotation?When God was talking about circumcision was his intent the heart of men or the foreskin?Do you alo know that obedience to God is better than sacrifice? do you also know that God does not take pleasure in the sacrifice of fools..so many things we can learn from the OT abeg
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 10:57pm On Jun 10, 2013
Bidam: i don tire to dey go back and forth with you abeg. What do you understand by faith? and what do you understand by tithing is an act of faith?What do you understand by something having a spiritual connotation?When God was talking about circumcision was his intent the heart of men or the foreskin?Do you alo know that obedience to God is better than sacrifice? do you also know that God does not take pleasure in the sacrifice of fools..so many things we can learn from the OT abeg

Even when the same bible tells you gives you a new path to thread, you prefer to be in the bondage of tithing. Could that be because man don't know how to be free? 'Obedience'. exactly, the gospel requires you to believe in Christ and practice the gospel given to the church by apostle Paul through the Holy Spirit. Is that what you are doing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (141) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's House And Jeeps (Picture) / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.