Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,342 members, 7,860,867 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:40 PM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (664160 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by DrDre1(m): 7:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
millogeo:

@ Dr Dre.. i finally landed in doha yesterday night..d checks at d immigration and customs was really stressful..

Sorry about the stressful checks. It used to be a walk over before now. I didn't spend up to 15mins with them when I was coming in but things are really changing negatively no thanks to some of our countrymen destroying the already tattered image of Nigeria. Thank GOD they even allowed u in. Recently, they kept turning back everyone coming from Nigeria.

@ Ogakpatakpata
I wonder what has become of the man's case. If I'm not wrong, his agent said everything will be sorted out this last Friday. Well, I'm looking forward to hear from him. I just hope he's fine. How was ur weekend? Trust u are fine by all standards. Welcome to a new week and month.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 01, 2013
@tosnat, Amen...........the forum doesn't allow dropping of emails,phone numbers and contact; if you really feel you have personal or private stuff you don't want to disclose openly, then you can send me a PM through nairaland and l will respond as much as time allows me........goodluck....
tosnat: @ogakpatakpata.thanks for sparing minutes to reply,may GOD bless you.
My siblings are comfortable enough to afford that.
I would love to have more insights from you.
Your reply was very helpful.thanks
Heres ,please drop yours,am sure nairaland permits that.
Expectant.thanks once again.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 01, 2013
@Dr.Dre.........l am fine; your last line in your first paragraph caught my attention.....""they kept turning back everyone coming from Nigeria"". why?...please elucidate...thanks.
Dr. Dre:

Sorry about the stressful checks. It used to be a walk over before now. I didn't spend up to 15mins with them when I was coming in but things are really changing negatively no thanks to some of our countrymen destroying the already tattered image of Nigeria. Thank GOD they even allowed u in. Recently, they kept turning back everyone coming from Nigeria.

@ Ogakpatakpata
I wonder what has become of the man's case. If I'm not wrong, his agent said everything will be sorted out this last Friday. Well, I'm looking forward to hear from him. I just hope he's fine. How was ur weekend? Trust u are fine by all standards. Welcome to a new week and month.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Adetayomi: 8:08pm On Sep 01, 2013
Dr. Dre:
@ Adetayomi
You are welcomed sir. Yes, that's the name of the exam. Didn't want to sound too technical as I believed that it's something u know very well about. The last I heard of it was around $200-$250. I believe it hasn't changed much from that range. The result will take at least 2 weeks from my snooping around. The salary range I gave u is in Qatar riyals.

@ Sharryn
Your post is a little confusing. You said u applied for U.K visa and got the Qatar 5 years visa. You say u plan to spend some months in Qatar. Are u planning to spend those months in a hotel? U need to shed more light so we know what u are driving at. If ur application is still with the U.K embassy, then technically there's no way u can make the trip down to Qatar until u conclude the U.K one.

@ Dr Dre Thanks am happy that I can express myself technical without cutting off the communication with you.can I find a prometric centre in Nigeria because they said they have centres in 164 countries all over the world.How do I prepare for the exam(as in materials to read may be a site).I will like to write the exam before going to Qatar.Thanks for sharing your time with me
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by FBICIA(m): 8:14pm On Sep 01, 2013
happy new month 2everybody
@ypinkaagbo omo na sabo express, romi, televisn st gerald kasua 10 story murtala sq. Na my weekly route
did tutoria at danbo n wrote toefl at emerging trees kd swit sha if nt 4boko i go stil dey dere
@dr dre bros hw long does a 5yrs wk visa takes? N is dere anything like a pin 2use 2print out visa
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by FBICIA(m): 8:28pm On Sep 01, 2013
happy new month 2everybody
@yinkaagbo omo na sabo express, romi, televisn st gerald kasua 10 story murtala sq. Na my weekly route
did tutoria at danbo n wrote toefl at emerging trees kd swit sha if nt 4boko i go stil dey dere
@dr dre bros hw long does a 5yrs wk visa takes? N is dere anything like a pin 2use 2print out visa

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 01, 2013
justi4jesu:
i still haven't seen your pm to reply thats why.

I sent you another
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 9:44pm On Sep 01, 2013
OBRICADO:

I sent you another
And I just replied it again.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by DrDre1(m): 10:01pm On Sep 01, 2013
@ Ogakpatakpata
Yes, they did for some time before now. About 2 months ago if I recollect well. Certain things can't be shared on a public forum.

@ Adetayomi
Honestly, I'd advice u do it down here. Even if its the exam, sometimes, the location matters for obvious reasons. I honestly don't know much about getting materials but I'm sure it's not hard to get the details if u are on ground.

@ FBI/CIA
The duration depends on a couple of factors. The time the application is filed by the company, the type of visa status, the availability of the visa for the particular country, the current regulation by the interior ministry, etc. Ideally, its just about a few days but when some of these factors come to play, it can really take time sometimes months. For example, there are times that they place complete embargo on visas for a particular country for certain reasons. Lastly, yes, there's a pin if u want to call it that. It's the visa number u use to check on the website and print the visa. Hope I didn't miss anything out.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Sharryn: 11:00pm On Sep 01, 2013
Adetayomi:

@ Sharryn
Your post is a little confusing. You said u applied for U.K visa and got the Qatar 5 years visa. You say u plan to spend some months in Qatar. Are u planning to spend those months in a hotel? U need to shed more light so we know what u are driving at. If ur application is still with the U.K embassy, then technically there's no way u can make the trip down to Qatar until u conclude the U.K one.

@Dr Dre... What i meant is that i applied for two separate visa, UK n Qatar.
This week i got that of Qatar and yet to get a visa to the UK.. Needed to travel out since it was my first time to the western world. My choice of country is the UK, since i now have Qatar visa, i intend traveling to Doha to spend a few months over there while awaiting a call from the UK embassy.

Reasons: I was told by my fela in Qatar that i can get there residence within 3weeks and after that i can go to anywhere i want and return within 6 months interval.

So my question is this:
I want to stay in an affordable hotel in Doha for at least 7 nights while i get a good accommodation to stay for the few months.
So where in Doha can i get a good and affordable hotel for the 7 nights and also a good and affordable accommodation.

Cheers.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Adetayomi: 6:05am On Sep 02, 2013
Dr. Dre:
@ Ogakpatakpata
Yes, they did for some time before now. About 2 months ago if I recollect well. Certain things can't be shared on a public forum.

@ Adetayomi
Honestly, I'd advice u do it down here. Even if its the exam, sometimes, the location matters for obvious reasons. I honestly don't know much about getting materials but I'm sure it's not hard to get the details if u are on ground

@ FBI/CIA
The duration depends on a couple of factors. The time the application is filed by the company, the type of visa status, the availability of the visa for the particular country, the current regulation by the interior ministry, etc. Ideally, its just about a few days but when some of these factors come to play, it can really take time sometimes months. For example, there are times that they place complete embargo on visas for a particular country for certain reasons. Lastly, yes, there's a pin if u want to call it that. It's the visa number u use to check on the website and print the visa. Hope I didn't miss anything out.

@Dr Dre God will bleSs the work of your hand
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 02, 2013
@sharryn...........l doubt if you can get Qatari residence within 3weeks; you will have to undergo HIV, HEPATITIS B and other tests, and the result must be NEGATIVE for you to qualify for Qatari residence permit and all these procedures might take you between 1 to 2months all things been equal. l think UAE and Qatar operates similar medical test, just pray and hope your test comes out negative..........goodluck.

@emirate prince ......how is your studies?...l guess you must have rounded up or about to, wishing you a graceful result. cheesy cheesy.

@Dr.Dre.....l understand what you meant about those Nigerians that where refused entering,really sad and unfortunate that few people will continue to sow bad seeds that indirectly affects others......hope you are enjoying your week in Qatar?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 02, 2013
@emirate prince......... for palm wine, yes it is available,but, for osomo and alomo , l think Yinkagabo seems to know much about it, more especially now that he is coming with cartons of osomo and alomo, am just worried, because he keeps mentioning, Ethiopians, Eritreans and different nationalities, l dont know how we can tame him on arrival, l would have preferred he goes to meet Dr.Dre in Qatar.lolz....who will tame Yinkagbo?.... .lolz
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Yinkagbo(m): 9:53am On Sep 02, 2013
ogakpatakpata: @emirate prince......... for palm wine, yes it is available,but, for osomo and alomo , l think Yinkagabo seems to know much about it, more especially now that he is coming with cartons of osomo and alomo, am just worried, because he keeps mentioning, Ethiopians, Eritreans and different nationalities, l dont know how we can tame him on arrival, l would have preferred he goes to meet Dr.Dre in Qatar.lolz....who will tame Yinkagbo?.... .lolz

Hmmmmm,@emirate prince,all u need to do is just send ur address to dis ###########,and it shall be deliverd to ur doorstep.
@ogapak,do u have idea of any course that I can take within the two months of my staying in dubai......I studied agric economics and ext.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 02, 2013
@Yinkagbo......well, you can take safety courses; you can also take NEBOSH trainings/courses and be certified, we also have the DPS certificate( Dubai police service) for those who desire to work as security personnel.But, l must tell you the truth, EXPERIENCE IS VITAL AND IMPORTANT IN THE UAE + THE GOD FACTOR, is better when you arrive, search for a job and build your career from there,even if you dont find a high paying job, start with anything reasonable and from there you begin to climb your ladder of greatness.........goodluck
Yinkagbo:

Hmmmmm,@emirate prince,all u need to do is just send ur address to dis ###########,and it shall be diliverd to ur doorstep.
@ogapak,do u have idea of any course that I can take within the two months of my staying in dubai......I studied agric economics and ext.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by FBICIA(m): 11:16am On Sep 02, 2013
@dr dre, oh! i see.....
Tanks 1more tin, wen processing d work visa, is it dat dey get d job ist b4 d name cumz out n later d visa or it is d visa dat cumz out ist b4 getting d work? Also is it tru dat d name of visa applicants cums out ist b4 d visa is granted? Op u get my questn?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 02, 2013
Sharryn:

@Dr Dre... What i meant is that i applied for two separate visa, UK n Qatar.
This week i got that of Qatar and yet to get a visa to the UK.. Needed to travel out since it was my first time to the western world. My choice of country is the UK, since i now have Qatar visa, i intend traveling to Doha to spend a few months over there while awaiting a call from the UK embassy.

Silent reader of this thread for the past 2 years. Kudos to all contributors.

At OP.............UK might not be the best place to go to right now. Things are tough for most people that live there right now and might be tougher for a new immigrant.

From personal experience (after hustling in UAE, UK and other countries ) , i think you have a better chance in the Middle East than UK.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by DrDre1(m): 4:01pm On Sep 02, 2013
Adetayomi:

@Dr Dre God will bleSs the work of your hand
Amen!!! Thanks for ur prayer. Worth more than gold wink

@ Ogakpatakpata
Thanks sir. The week is going on fine. Just swamped with work. We Nigerians are the major problem of Nigeria. It will get to a point we will start hunting ourselves down to redeem our image. U hear some things and wonder how people can be so heartless. I tell people, before u do anything, think of the effect it will have on others. That u are able to escape with a crime now doesn't mean there won't be negative effects for u or other people coming behind. Shikena

@ Sharryn
U have raised quite a number of issues and I will do well to address each of it. If I happen to miss anyone out, do well to refer back to it.
To start with, except u have other reasons that can't be shared on a public forum, based on economic and financial reasons, the middle east is a far better option to move down to than the U.K. I'm not trying to tarnish the image of the U.K but when it comes to making good money and opportunities, u are better off here. The reasons for this are numerous as well as obvious from an economic angle.

About coming to Qatar while waiting for ur U.K visa, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't ur passport going to be submitted for the U.K visa processing? So if ur passport will be at the embassy, how do u intend to travel down to Qatar while waiting for a call on the U.K visa?

U sound like u are want to make the trip to Qatar to have an international traveling experience before heading to the western world. If that is the case, u need not fear anything if there's no problem with ur papers and actions. There's always a first time to do everything and if traveling to U.K will be ur first time out of the country, then it's completely normal all things being equal. For all u know, u may even have a more stressful experience with the Qatar immigration than what u will experience with the U.K border people.

What ur friend told u about the resident permit is true to an extent. If u know the right people and have ur cash, u can truly do all ur tests and get ur residence permit within the 3 weeks or even less. That being said, the truth is that u will be new in town and achieving that may be a little difficult cos u don't know ur way around. Trust me, not many people have the luxury of being taken round town from one place to another by someone cos everyone has his own hustle. People that usually appear to want to do that for u are 99% most of the time after what they will make off u. So if u have no problem doling out cash, I wish u good luck.

As for the hotel thing, I'm sure u have a budget in mind for that 7 days. Work with that and check online for prices. There are many hotels around. That said, since u have someone on ground, u can as well just arrange an accommodation for urself ahead.

@ FBI/CIA
Although I can't really say ur questions are clear enough, it's obvious the information u have may be wrong. If u are 'arranging' the visa as the 'normal' practice, all those things are not relevant. Once there's an exchange of cash between ur contact person here and the company representative, the thing is sent to the authorities and that's it. If u are going through the route of getting employed right from Nigeria, it's not much different once the company has agreed to employ u. There's really nothing like releasing a list of names or stuffs like that. If anything, agents tell some tales to buy some time if there's a delay in delivering the visa at the said time. Hope that answers ur question.

@ Alutaa
Thanks sir. It couldn't have been said any better than u have put it. Good to have u here.

Regards to everyone and happy new month.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 4:30pm On Sep 02, 2013
ogakpatakpata: @Yinkagbo......well, you can take safety courses; you can also take NEBOSH trainings/courses and be certified, we also have the DPS certificate( Dubai police service) for those who desire to work as security personnel.But, l must tell you the truth, EXPERIENCE IS VITAL AND IMPORTANT IN THE UAE + THE GOD FACTOR, is better when you arrive, search for a job and build your career from there,even if you dont find a high paying job, start with anything reasonable and from there you begin to climb your ladder of greatness.........goodluck
igweee! gud evening sir. how are u doing and how is work today? *i am fine and healthy* gud to hear that. igweee, can you pls summarise what dis NEBOSH course/certificate is all about. secondly, d DUBAI POLICE SERVICE (DPS) are foreigners allowed to partake in their police service ? any advantage of having a DPS certificate...? weldone, and thank u sir..
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 4:48pm On Sep 02, 2013
@dr. dre. dr. dre my friend. d one and only humble baale of a whole qatar. dr. dre d lecturer, i greet u dis evening. reading a lengthy post by u, is like when marta and co. sat @ d feet of jesus, listening to d great words of d master. lolz..hahahaha. there is a lot of silver linnings in your words. welldone sir.. ur personality is highly appreciated sir.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
@henrimoto.............(1)NEBOSH= means>>> National examination board in occupational safety and health, those who studied Chemical engineering and engineering related courses will understand what am talking about.

(2) Yes. foreigners are in there Military,Police and para-military, but, so far in the whole of Black Africa, Sudan seems to have an edge as regard recruitment into the police & Military in the UAE, the reason been that it is an arabic speaking country,so the arabic language gives them an advantage.

(3) DPS...is a 5days training course for those in the security field or those who wish to be security personnel, bouncers, body guards etc, but, it is not a guarantee of good salary,but, it places potential security candidates in a better position to be employed by security companies, in fact some security companies are making it mandatory to be DPS licensed to be offered an employment as a security personnel, from close friends who have undergone the trainings it cost 1000dhs and you are then issued a license, from there you can start looking or applying for jobs in the security industry.

henrimoto: igweee! gud evening sir. how are u doing and how is work today? *i am fine and healthy* gud to hear that. igweee, can you pls summarise what dis NEBOSH course/certificate is all about. secondly, d DUBAI POLICE SERVICE (DPS) are foreigners allowed to partake in their police service ? any advantage of having a DPS certificate...? weldone, and thank u sir..

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by mercikelly: 6:34pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hello house... I've been following this thread for awhile pls I want to find out from pple both in dubai and Qatar... What are the chances of getting a good paying job for a lady who studied law with administrative work experience in Nigeria within 1month of arrival to either country..I want to work on one of d visa thank u.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by samee72(f): 6:39pm On Sep 02, 2013
that's great so where are you now? wow! walked from Barnawa to Sabo? that's interesting o

FBI/CIA:
Samee72 i knw dat area, barnawa complex, narayi down 2sabo na my usual route yl i was dere infact i don trek frm barnawa 2sabo b4
@yinkagbo ama full blooded yoruba
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by mercikelly: 6:40pm On Sep 02, 2013
I read from one of the posts that Qatar is difficult in job search and lots more I understand no where is easy but am really concerned about how fast I can get a job cos of d dubai 1month visa n can only be extended one more month
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 02, 2013
@ mercikelly........l don't want to sound too hard nor discourage you; Nobody here can guarantee you will get a job within 1 month in either Dubai or Qatar because our STARS & DESTINIES DIFFERS, My 2cent advise is for you to consult your CREATOR, ONLY HIM KNOWS WHERE HE HAS ORDAINED AND PROGRAMMED FOR YOU TO SHINE, as hard as you might think Qatar is, lots of guys are still getting employed there, same with UAE. Follow the leadings, directions and guidance of your maker. goodluck.

mercikelly: I read from one of the posts that Qatar is difficult in job search and lots more I understand no where is easy but am really concerned about how fast I can get a job cos of d dubai 1month visa n can only be extended one more month
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2013
@ mercikelly........l don't want to sound too hard nor discourage you; Nobody here can guarantee you will get a job within 1 month in either Dubai or Qatar because our STARS & DESTINIES DIFFERS, My 2cent advise is for you to consult your CREATOR, ONLY HIM KNOWS WHERE HE HAS ORDAINED AND PROGRAMMED FOR YOU TO SHINE, as hard as you might think Qatar is, lots of guys are still getting employed there, same with UAE. Follow the leadings, directions and guidance of your maker. goodluck.

mercikelly: I read from one of the posts that Qatar is difficult in job search and lots more I understand no where is easy but am really concerned about how fast I can get a job cos of d dubai 1month visa n can only be extended one more month
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by jeffery101(m): 7:51pm On Sep 02, 2013
@ Ogakpatakpata

greetings unto igwee and To all d high chiefs in d palace I greet una OOo and people of NL, please am new here, I have been reading the trend for awhile now and it is so interesting and helpful for does coming to dubai for work Just want to thanks every one that help sharing useful information to help other coming as job..igwee I Just start processing my one visiting visa today I will be coming next week and hustle Job.I need help from people in igwee and the baale people ooo.@@ Ogakpatakpata check ur PM I just send you a message awaiting for reply Asap.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 02, 2013
@jeffery............okay; as soon as l see your PM, will respond back to you, wishing you a safe trip to the emirates!! cheesy cheesy
jeffery101: @ Ogakpatakpata

greetings unto igwee and To all d high chiefs in d palace I greet una OOo and people of NL, please am new here, I have been reading the trend for awhile now and it is so interesting and helpful for does coming to dubai for work Just want to thanks every one that help sharing useful information to help other coming as job..igwee I Just start processing my one visiting visa today I will be coming next week and hustle Job.I need help from people in igwee and the baale people ooo.@@ Ogakpatakpata check ur PM I just send you a message awaiting for reply Asap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (401)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.