Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (658804 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
Dehonourable: Pls I want to know if one must pay for return ticket or one way. Wot's price range? I want to know hw much I shld budget for flight

As for pocket money, my budget is $2,000. Wuld it be enof?

It is better you secure your visa before paying for your ticket, and yes you must pay for return ticket, price range will depend on the day/week/month of departure, it can go from as low as 100,000 naira to 150,000naira, again, it will depend on the airline,but, Etihad & Rwanda airline seems to be the cheapest on the Dubai route,but, since your visa application is through Etihad, you MUST fly/purchase your ticket from them..

Moreover,tell whoever is doing your visa application to only make a seat reservation for you to process your visa and once the visa is out, you will make payment....the reason been that, in-case your visa is declined and you want your ticket refund, you certainly wont get the full amount.Lastly, $2000 is a reasonable amount to survive and navigate your way through in the UAE.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by tundedaluja: 12:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
[quote author=ogakpatakpata].

This is their address that l know of, l don't know if they have moved or not, call them and let tyou properly.

Churchgate building,
4th floor, Plot Pc 30, Afribank
Victoria lsland-lagos.

thank you, God bless you
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 06, 2014
@tundedaluja............You are welcome always.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 1:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
Dehonourable: Pls I want to know if one must pay for return ticket or one way. Wot's price range? I want to know hw much I shld budget for flight

As for pocket money, my budget is $2,000. Wuld it be enof?

yes you must pay for return ticket because you are going with a tourist visa, it is only those with employment visas that can book for one way ticket.

your pocket money is enough in as much as you don't spend extravagantly.

Goodluck
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by bennne: 2:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]hi
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by oloyedejamiu: 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2014
bennne: [color=#006600][/color]hi

Hi Mr. Bennne,
You are welcome to the thread.

Hope you read from page 0 to the Last Page in order to comprehend everything about getting to QATAR/UAE.

I wish you best of luck.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Bizibi(m): 3:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
Pls I would love to an apartment over dere but I would love to know if it won't be a stress fr me as a foreigner
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Bizibi(m): 3:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
Pls I would love to own an apartment over dere but I would love to know if it won't be a stress fr me as a foreigner
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
Bizibi: Pls I would love to own an apartment over dere but I would love to know if it won't be a stress fr me as a foreigner

What kind of apartment?...........rental or to buy?................if either; yes it is possible as long as you have the quid/money to play around...there is no restriction whether foreigner or local resident.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by DrDre1(m): 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2014
This is for everyone living in Qatar or planning to come over. This message has been going round

"IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO THE NIGERIAN COMMUNITY IN  QATAR

The Embassy of Nigeria in the State of Qatar has been very concerned about the high rate of joblessness within the Nigerian community. The lack of employment is directly due to the work visa racket, which has resulted in an increase in crime rate being perpetuated by Nigerians here in Qatar. 

In order to resolve these issues, the Embassy met with relevant Qatari Authorities at the highest level to discuss these challenges

At the meeting, the Qatari Authorities equally expressed serious concern about the aforementioned issues and are considering to assist in Job Placements (where available); help in Sponsorship Transfers; and support in Repatriation back to Nigeria for those that don’t have the required skills to work here. It is important to emphasize that this assistance (arrangement) is only available for those Nigerians currently unemployed. 

Based on the outcome of the meeting, NIDO, Qatar wish to inform the concerned people of the under listed:

• That unemployed Nigerians in Qatar should visit the Embassy during the official working hours (from 9am-12noon) to register and submit copies of biodata page of their Passports, Resident Permits and other relevant documents.

• That people that have issues regarding sponsorship transfer should equally register.

• That people that are unemployed and are willing to go back to Nigeria should register to receive repatriation support (if possible) from the Qatari government.

• That the above is only applicable to Nigerians in Qatar as of December 31, 2013.

• That the compiled list will be forwarded to the relevant Qatari authorities for consideration.

• That the Qatari government has resolved to be very tough on crime.

Meanwhile, the NIDO-Qatar Executives wish to appeal to the affected people to avail themselves of this opportunity.  The Nigerian community here in Qatar has been highly regarded and respected until recently and the organisation is always ready to help within its capability.

Godfrey Awinoron

Gen. Sec.

NIDO-Qatar"

But from what I've heard, those that went there were arrested. I don't know how true it is but from what has been happening some days back, it's possible. Learnt some Nigerians had a brawl with some police officers, beating him (or them) up. Since then, they've been looking out for blacks especially Nigerians. The code now is any Nigerian found anytime beyond 10p.m gets arrested immediately and whisked to the deportation camp. Extra caution is needed now. A word as they say is enough for the wise.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
@Dr.Dre.............. shocked this is a very sad development in Qatar, and if the beating of the police officer is true, then it will not be uhuru for Nigerians again in Qatar,very unfortunate.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by oloyedejamiu: 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
Dr. Dre:
This is for everyone living in Qatar or planning to come over. This message has been going round

The Embassy of Nigeria in the State of Qatar has been very concerned about the high rate of joblessness within the Nigerian community. The lack of employment is directly due to the work visa racket, which has resulted in an increase in crime rate being perpetuated by Nigerians here in Qatar. 

In order to resolve these issues, the Embassy met with relevant Qatari Authorities at the highest level to discuss these challenges

At the meeting, the Qatari Authorities equally expressed serious concern about the aforementioned issues and are considering to assist in Job Placements (where available); help in Sponsorship Transfers; and support in Repatriation back to Nigeria for those that don’t have the required skills to work here. It is important to emphasize that this assistance (arrangement) is only available for those Nigerians currently unemployed. 

Based on the outcome of the meeting, NIDO, Qatar wish to inform the concerned people of the under listed:

• That unemployed Nigerians in Qatar should visit the Embassy during the official working hours (from 9am-12noon) to register and submit copies of biodata page of their Passports, Resident Permits and other relevant documents.

• That people that have issues regarding sponsorship transfer should equally register.

• That people that are unemployed and are willing to go back to Nigeria should register to receive repatriation support (if possible) from the Qatari government.

• That the above is only applicable to Nigerians in Qatar as of December 31, 2013.

• That the compiled list will be forwarded to the relevant Qatari authorities for consideration.

Meanwhile, the NIDO-Qatar Executives wish to appeal to the affected people to avail themselves of this opportunity.  The Nigerian community here in Qatar has been highly regarded and respected until recently and the organisation is always ready to help within its capability.

Godfrey Awinoron

Gen. Sec.

NIDO-Qatar"

But from what I've heard, those that went there were arrested. I don't know how true it is but from what has been happening some days back, it's possible. Learnt some Nigerians had a brawl with some police officers, beating him (or them) up. Since then, they've been looking out for blacks especially Nigerians. The code now is any Nigerian found anytime beyond 10p.m gets arrested immediately and whisked to the deportation camp. Extra caution is needed now. A word as they say is enough for the wise.

Chai.... See Tricks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Bizibi(m): 5:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
Dr. Dre:

Godfrey Awinoron

Gen. Sec.

NIDO-Qatar"

this is just bad,some Nigerians just love trouble,now every Nigerian will be branded a bad egg
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Bizibi(m): 5:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
ogakpatakpata: .

What kind of apartment?...........rental or to buy?................if either; yes it is possible as long as you have the quid/money to play around...there is no restriction whether foreigner or local resident.
yea,to buy anyway thks brother
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2014
@dr.dre... is there any encouragement/deportation fee to be given to those nigerians that agree to come back home ?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 5:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
Bizibi: this is just bad,some Nigerians just love trouble,now every Nigerian will be branded a bad egg

Thats the issue of nigerians almost everywhere.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
Bizibi: yea,to buy anyway thks brother

@Bizibi

Yes; you can buy any property you desire/wish to purchase, you will be granted some kind of incentives if you invest in the real estate sector in the UAE, l do have some few friends/close associates who have massive mansions here in the UAE,but, they are big time politicians/business men from Nigeria, some of them are not even residing here, they buy and rent it out, but, they visit from time to time, so it is absolutely possible to buy/invest in their real estate here.

l will advise you take advantage of the expo 2020 to invest in the real estate sector if you have the financial muscle because it will definitely give you a huge return on investment (ROI) on or before expo 2020 because of the tremendous influx of companies/organisations/businesses and immigrants into the UAE, if you are a keen observer of the goings in the UAE, the real estate sector has jumped up by 20% according to analyst since UAE was awarded the hosting right of the expo 2020 and l am sure it might continue with an upward surge as we approach 2020.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by collinsobinna(m): 6:11pm On Jan 06, 2014
@ogakpatakpata:sir pls wats the rate of getting the apartment for a short while like a month.and wat facilities does it come with? I m coming on vacation and want to see if it wil be cheaper compared to staying in a hotel.

wats the average daily cost of feeding and transporting?

Plus how much does a hotel with beach front cost ?
Thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by hugochris: 6:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
Nigerians ,d ones that are branded as nuisance in Qatar 'their cup don full'
They keep painting our images black everywhere they go...they forgot we still have white in our national flag...

@dr Dre hope they wouldn't be in handcuffs and chains as they are being deported back to kirikiri prisons...

I pray our president Goodluck Jonathan look into Nigerians In diaspora and crimes,to salvage all these..
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
collinsobinna: @ogakpatakpata:sir pls wats the rate of getting the apartment for a short while like a month.and wat facilities does it come with? I m coming on vacation and want to see if it wil be cheaper compared to staying in a hotel........Getting a short stay apartment will depend on the location and area, within Dubai, a studio/self contain apartment might cost you between 3000AED to 5000AED per month,but, you can get something cheaper in Sharjah another emirate close to dubai for around 1800AED to 2500AED/month, some might come with all facilities like cooker,bed,furnitures etc, while others might not.............so it depends and is better when you arrive, you do the search yourself.

wats the average daily cost of feeding and transporting?................feeding will depend on your eating habits and the kind of food you like, let say you budget like between 25AED to 30AED per meal multiply by 3times a day, do the maths yourself......transportation is better if you use more of the metro and less of taxi's....

Plus how much does a hotel with beach front cost ?.....................very expensive, you can use www.tripadvisor.com or www.hrs.com to have an idea.Good luck.
Thanks

My response at the bolded.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by bennne: 6:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
Pls any body in the house that have a trust person that do cargo in dubai
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
bennne: Pls any body in the house that have a trust person that do cargo in dubai

There are different cargo companies in Dubai that can assist you to freight/send any merchandise to Nigeria, so what do you really want?.....
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by hugochris: 7:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
@ oga...igwee,I greet u
How is ajman in terms of offices,companies etc?
How open is this emirate compared with Dubai and Abu Dhabi ?
What is d common means of transportation from ajman to Dubai and the cost?
Thanks..
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
@hugochris.....

This should answer all your questions, it was posted by another forumite few weeks ago, enjoy a robust reading session:

1BHK within city ~ 20,000 -23,000
1BHK out of city ~ 16,000 - 18,000
Studio within city ~12,000-17,000
Studio out if city. ~ 10,000-12,000

Registering FEWA new account- 1500aed deposit.
Sewerage- 1080 per year.

Transportation
Ajman city center (lulu hypermarket) to Sharjah (Rolla square) ~4aed
Ajman musalaa station to Dubai ~5aed
Ajman lulu hypermarket to jurf ind/china mall/Ajman immigration/labor ~3aed
AlSharq terminal >Rolla>Sharjah J&P>Sharjah airport -5aed

Minimum taxi fare-3aed
Feeding
Afghani bread -1aed
Chicken/beef shawama -4/5aed
Rice -5aed per kg
Beans - 4aed per kilo
Beef -18aed per kilo
Chicken full -20aed
Visit Ajman public market for cheaper veggies and stuff.

Social life
Cheap chicks - hotels along the corniche
Cheap booze - Ajman industrial zone (a bottle of vodka -15aed)
( south African wine -4ltr -45aed)
(California red 9ltr -85aed)
Restaurant ... Too many
Fresh fish - Ajman fish market. roast it for less than 10aed. Enjoy the feast along the corniche.

Well... Ajman is tiny compared to Dubai, and less organized.

Sharjah is similar to Ajman except for the lack of cheap booze n chicks, n cigarette shops.

Transportation:
Bus 14 goes to Ajman AlSharq terminal from Sharjah airport passing Rolla, Jubail bus station.
Bus 114 goes from Jubail to AlBustan Ajman
Bus 14x stops at Rolla.
Note: Rolla square is the transfer center for most Sharjah buses.
Fare. 5aed

Housing: 20% higher than Ajman.

Social life... Only the shopping malls, Buhaira corniche for water shows, coffee shops, Jolaif Mandi restaurants etc.
Also Abushagara used car market to sell and buy cars.

Taxi from sharjah To Dubai-=20aed + meter fare
Minimum taxi fare: 10aed
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Bizibi(m): 8:11pm On Jan 06, 2014

@Bizibi

Yes; you can buy any property you desire/wish to purchase, you will be granted some kind of incentives if you invest in the real estate sector in the UAE, l do have some few friends/close associates who have massive mansions here in the UAE,but, they are big time politicians/business men from Nigeria, some of them are not even residing here, they buy and rent it out, but, they visit from time to time, so it is absolutely possible to buy/invest in their real estate here.

l will advise you take advantage of the expo 2020 to invest in the real estate sector if you have the financial muscle because it will definitely give you a huge return on investment (ROI) on or before expo 2020 because of the tremendous influx of companies/organisations/businesses and immigrants into the UAE, if you are a keen observer of the goings in the UAE, the real estate sector has jumped up by 20% according to analyst since UAE was awarded the hosting right of the expo 2020 and l am sure it might continue with an upward surge as we approach 2020.
thanks very much
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Bizibi(m): 8:15pm On Jan 06, 2014

@Bizibi

thanks very much,can one get within the range of aed 230000 or 250000 bcuz I saw one on a site within that range
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by bennne: 8:18pm On Jan 06, 2014
Jst to b sending goods from dubai to nigeria.but i need a realiable agent or company preferable
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 06, 2014
Bizibi: thanks very much,can one get within the range of aed 230000 or 250000 bcuz I saw one on a site within that range

Yes you can get within that range,but, l will advise you arrive dubai first, don't conclude any deal/transaction online with any real estate company, when you arrive, you search/scan around and you will get something reasonable with a good discount.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 06, 2014
bennne: Jst to b sending goods from dubai to nigeria.but i need a realiable agent or company preferable

There are so many good cargo companies spread across the UAE,but, you definitely need a trusted friend/family member to be your point man in all the transactions, don't send money to anybody/company you do not know very well so that your fingers will not be burnt, alternatively, when you arrive the UAE,you can scan around for a good cargo company, we have so many of them that are reliable. Enjoy your day.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by hugochris: 9:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
Good to know..thank u so much,I appreciate cheesy

ogakpatakpata: @hugochris.....

This should answer all your questions, it was posted by another forumite few weeks ago, enjoy a robust reading session:

1BHK within city ~ 20,000 -23,000
1BHK out of city ~ 16,000 - 18,000
Studio within city ~12,000-17,000
Studio out if city. ~ 10,000-12,000

Registering FEWA new account- 1500aed deposit.
Sewerage- 1080 per year.

Transportation
Ajman city center (lulu hypermarket) to Sharjah (Rolla square) ~4aed
Ajman musalaa station to Dubai ~5aed
Ajman lulu hypermarket to jurf ind/china mall/Ajman immigration/labor ~3aed
AlSharq terminal >Rolla>Sharjah J&P>Sharjah airport -5aed

Minimum taxi fare-3aed
Feeding
Afghani bread -1aed
Chicken/beef shawama -4/5aed
Rice -5aed per kg
Beans - 4aed per kilo
Beef -18aed per kilo
Chicken full -20aed
Visit Ajman public market for cheaper veggies and stuff.

Social life
Cheap chicks - hotels along the corniche
Cheap booze - Ajman industrial zone (a bottle of vodka -15aed)
( south African wine -4ltr -45aed)
(California red 9ltr -85aed)
Restaurant ... Too many
Fresh fish - Ajman fish market. roast it for less than 10aed. Enjoy the feast along the corniche.

Well... Ajman is tiny compared to Dubai, and less organized.

Sharjah is similar to Ajman except for the lack of cheap booze n chicks, n cigarette shops.

Transportation:
Bus 14 goes to Ajman AlSharq terminal from Sharjah airport passing Rolla, Jubail bus station.
Bus 114 goes from Jubail to AlBustan Ajman
Bus 14x stops at Rolla.
Note: Rolla square is the transfer center for most Sharjah buses.
Fare. 5aed

Housing: 20% higher than Ajman.

Social life... Only the shopping malls, Buhaira corniche for water shows, coffee shops, Jolaif Mandi restaurants etc.
Also Abushagara used car market to sell and buy cars.

Taxi from sharjah To Dubai-=20aed + meter fare
Minimum taxi fare: 10aed
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 06, 2014
hugochris: Good to know..thank u so much,I appreciate cheesy

You are welcome.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 11:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
hugochris: Nigerians ,d ones that are branded as nuisance in Qatar 'their cup don full'
They keep painting our images black everywhere they go...they forgot we still have white in our national flag...

@dr Dre hope they wouldn't be in handcuffs and chains as they are being deported back to kirikiri prisons...

I pray our president Goodluck Jonathan look into Nigerians In diaspora and crimes,to salvage alldj6g these..
which chains and handcuffs ? we are still soliciting for qatari government to add a send--off fee to their pockets...

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (401)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.