Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,037 members, 7,956,845 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:30 PM

Learning To Say Goodbye! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Learning To Say Goodbye! (2810 Views)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! / How To Say Goodbye To The Person You Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learning To Say Goodbye! by ty4real(m): 2:43pm On Mar 11, 2008
Being able to say goodbye can be tough at times!saying goodbye to friends that you have rolled together all your life,to loved ones, to a relationship that you so much believed in, to a neighbour you have known all your life cause you had to relocate!Could you just share your experiences in saying goodbye.Were you happy,sad,thrilled,disgusted?
Pls share your experiences here and no yabbing Please grin grin
Re: Learning To Say Goodbye! by Encomium(m): 2:58pm On Mar 11, 2008
Actually, learning, saying or bidding goodbye to someone close to you is always painful atimes which always accompany with tears. It used to happen to me way back when I was in the secondary school, I always shed tears each time I'm about to go back to school especially when it will occur to me that I am going to miss my lovely people at home. Also, I won't be myself throughout the first week of resumption, cos I am still thinking about Dad, Mum, Brothers and Sisters as well as other relations.
Re: Learning To Say Goodbye! by iice(f): 3:06pm On Mar 11, 2008
Wept when i left naija. . .saying goodbye to my friends especially my best friend was hard. . .
Now am a pro grin Buh bye. . .miss you and poof am gone
Re: Learning To Say Goodbye! by hollandis(f): 4:05pm On Mar 11, 2008
@ty4real
Did someone just bid you farewell wink

wetin be good bye,when calls and sms dey

Talk true ur babe don waka cool
Re: Learning To Say Goodbye! by efuah(f): 4:08pm On Mar 11, 2008
hollandis:

@ty4real

Talk true your babe don waka cool

abi o smiley. . . saying gd bye is hard truly.
Re: Learning To Say Goodbye! by sistajay(f): 7:21pm On Mar 11, 2008
@ ty4real
Where is de fun if we no yab.
It's not easy saying goodbye, it sounds so final.
Re: Learning To Say Goodbye! by ifyalways(f): 7:34pm On Mar 11, 2008
goodbye  when pesin never die 
we can still see,gist on phone,sms,mail,wave,blow kisses . . . .laugh and still cry togeda.
  i can ONLY say goodbye when someone dies aside that,there is always tomorrow though it might be on another level and note.its a very small world.
To me goodbye is different from its over.goodbye. . .we can still see,parting either on mutal agreement or maybe someone is travelling while if its "its all over". . .one party has been hurt undecided when its all over,then its REALLY all over. sad
Re: Learning To Say Goodbye! by easybaby2(f): 7:40pm On Mar 11, 2008
@poster,pls pls cant understand you well
you mean we should be saying goodbye embarassed
Re: Learning To Say Goodbye! by tRoOE(f): 7:46pm On Mar 11, 2008
Since I have a rock heart its never hard for me to say goodbye because there has to be a very good reason why am lettting the person I once loved go,it doesn't matter if you are my lover or friends,you hurt and that is goodbye.
Re: Learning To Say Goodbye! by hammers(m): 9:53am On Mar 12, 2008
I dont know,
I think am in trouble.
I find it extremely difficult to say goodbye to my sexual partners.

just cant help it! cheesy
Re: Learning To Say Goodbye! by Joey82(m): 10:42am On Mar 12, 2008
Saying goodbye could really be sad,
i remember when i was graduating, i was happy that school stress finally came to an end, on d other hand i was sad that i had to say goodbye to jolly good guys, yes there may b phones and internet now, but d fun of togehterness may never really come back.
we really cant underestimate the power of physical presence.
Re: Learning To Say Goodbye! by snazzydawn(f): 10:55am On Mar 12, 2008
I hate to say goodbye especially if it is to someone I have always loved. I find it very hard to break off and stay off but when I do, it is final, that is why I always think very very hard before I decide to say goodbye.
Re: Learning To Say Goodbye! by jkpretty(f): 11:47am On Mar 12, 2008
My hardest goodbye was leaving secondary school. A school where we are individuals scattered all over Nigeria. Where u know u have the slimest chance of meeting again. I can never forget laughing at other girls as their parents came to pick them when we finished exams, i was forming macho seeing my friends cry/wail as they went one by one. embarassed

When own parents came i didn't know when i got choked with tears. Tears came spilling, i cried so hard. My juniors came around hugging & crying too. I can't forget. I cried till i got to Lagos. cry Even the school made it hard enough for us. so many goodbye songs/plays b4 we started leaving. cry It was like the whole world died. I had only my "Auto-graph book" (as we called it then) to reflect on. Reading what was written about me by my friends. It was truly hard to say goodbye. Memories of some of my friends is only what i have left. That's why i like face book tongue i was able to get lost ones back. grin Altho still not all embarassed
Re: Learning To Say Goodbye! by ty4real(m): 2:23pm On Mar 12, 2008
hollandis:

@ty4real

Talk true your babe don waka cool

If my babe waka you get one wey u wan give me ni grin grin grin?Yeah right,sms and sms cannot fully replace someone you see and talk to physically so cut that crap am not talking about sms and calls okay!Am talking about saying goodbye to people you wont get to see physically okay! wink wink wink

ifyalways:

goodbye when pesin never die
we can still see,gist on phone,sms,mail,wave,blow kisses . . . .laugh and still cry togeda.
i can ONLY say goodbye when someone dies aside that,there is always tomorrow though it might be on another level and note.its a very small world.
To me goodbye is different from its over.goodbye. . .we can still see,parting either on mutal agreement or maybe someone is travelling while if its "its all over". . .one party has been hurt undecided when its all over,then its REALLY all over. sad

Saying goodbye is not until someone dies ooooo!Haba shocked shocked

easybaby.:

@poster,please please can't understand you well
you mean we should be saying goodbye embarassed

You dont have to respond to every post!But in case you have to say goodbye,pls say it to this Post right! grin grin
Re: Learning To Say Goodbye! by ty4real(m): 2:27pm On Mar 12, 2008
Thanks to you guys who understood what I am saying here and for those that didnt understand sorry oooooo grin grin
Re: Learning To Say Goodbye! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 12, 2008
hmmmmh undecided embarassed
Re: Learning To Say Goodbye! by almondjoy(f): 12:41am On Mar 13, 2008
@poster

Nothing to learn.  Just up and leave!  No notice or ceremonies necessary. When it is over, it is soooooooooooooo over! To your tents O' Israel! kiss
Re: Learning To Say Goodbye! by Nobody: 4:05am On Mar 13, 2008
Its easy. . .its just like saying BUHBYE to this thread
Re: Learning To Say Goodbye! by TOYOSI20(f): 4:25am On Mar 13, 2008
@ Topic,

Some Good Byes are essential , in other to move on in life

To those kinds I say "Good Riddance To Bad Rubishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool
Re: Learning To Say Goodbye! by henry007(m): 4:33am On Mar 13, 2008
its only proper 4 us 2 wish eachoda happy moving on
Re: Learning To Say Goodbye! by 4Him(m): 6:27am On Mar 13, 2008
Saying goodbye to my best friends in college was extremely hard . . . we pretended, we tried not to think about it, we poked fun at each other, we just wanted to enjoy the last few days we would ever spend all together as best friends, as brothers, as room mates . . .
never again would we sit down together in our little rooms with just an old mattress in a corner, a rabbit stewing in a metal pot over a clay electric stove praying that NEPA would give us a few more minutes of electricity as we joked about the other's girlfriend.

Never again would we gather together under a full moon practising our parts to the next music concert. Never again would we share anxious moments as we prepared for terrible exams. No more pals to run to when times got difficult and i needed a wise head to consult . . . it was now time to take up our individual responsibilites and shoulder the burden of paving our own paths through the rest of our lives.
We tried to hide it but the more the days crawled closer the more the strain in our voices and the pain etched on our faces.
We were stronger than friends, we were closer than brothers . . . our bonds stretched beyond each other, we may as well have had extra parents . . . such was the relationship that we had grown to share over the last 5yrs or our lives . . .

One evening T got a new cassette sent to him from home . . . i was the last to walk in, coincidentally the track that happened to be playing then was Plus One's "my friend" . . .

We are standing at the crossroads
And now it's time
For you to go your way
And me to go mine
I will pray the Lord
Will keep you safe
Until the day I see your face again

[c h o r u s]
My friend
We have been through so much
And you have been my Godsend
With your sure and steady love
My friend
You know I will be there
If you ever need
'Cause you've always
Been a friend to me

I may travel the world over
But one thing I know for sure
One day this road will lead me
Back 'round to your door
I will pray the Lord
Will keep you safe
Some bonds are just too strong
To break in the end

Nothing will change the way
I feel about you
Not the miles or the years
Or the place this life takes me to

. . . no one of us spoke a word . . . we really didnt need to, it was a fitting end to an adventure . . . one that we'd carry evergreen in our hearts to the end of our days. Men arent supposed to cry, but there were not a few tears in our hearts that night as we lay our heads to sleep knowing one more phase of life's journey had just ended.

- A is married now to his college sweetheart. B lives and works in Canada . . . T works back home, we may have to end up getting a girl for him at this rate.
- God bless you my friends!
Re: Learning To Say Goodbye! by almondjoy(f): 10:25am On Mar 13, 2008
What a canary!

You don't mean it? tongue

Thank God you survived!

What a gaylord! grin
Re: Learning To Say Goodbye! by bebe2007(m): 1:43pm On Mar 13, 2008
I do find saying good bye pretty difficult too, its a hard thing to do. But sometimes saying good bye is really for the best. You need to move on. Just said good bye to a friend recently, it was a good one cuz he had to go anyway. One down another to go. grin

(1) (Reply)

Please What Is The Difference Between "l Love You" And " I'm In Love With You" / I Dey Fear Dis Tin! / Ladies Is This True? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.