Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,191 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

A Beautiful Reminder.. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Beautiful Reminder.. (558 Views)

Reminder: Sunnah Of Friday (picx) / Important Reminder In Our Daily Life And Deen / A Beautiful Story About Qur'an (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Beautiful Reminder.. by hadbak: 12:09am On Feb 10, 2013
Tonight there was a girl who walked into the Masjid holding tightly to the scarf that kept falling from head. I had just finished praying ‘Asr when she walked up to me and said, ‘I’m so sorry. I know you just finished praying. I want to pray too but I don’t really know how. Could you pray with me and recite out loud so I can learn?’
I didn’t hesitate for a moment. I lead her in prayer just the way she asked me to. She seemed so sincere. After we prayed, I was going to the YM event and I invited her to join me. She told me that her mother was Christian and her father was Muslim. He brought her to the Masjid when she was younger, but as she had grown up, he stopped. Now she was here, almost fifteen years later, because she wanted to learn more about Islam for herself.
That night, she participated in our halaqa, which, coincidentally, was about the importance of remembering Allah and surrounding yourself with those who remember Allah in order to find internal comfort and peace.
SubhanAllah. Things that were basic knowledge to me, like knowing what the word dua’ meant, were not known to her at all. I admired her that night. It was humbling. As person born into Islam, I had never in my life thought that it would be possible for me or anyone to turn away from it. And if I did lose the way, I really don’t know if I would have ever thought to come back.
Allah truly is Al Hadi – the only one who guides souls upon the straight path. The last words she said to us before giving salaam were ‘You girls are here every weekend right?’
SubhanAllah. I’m looking forward to her joining us next weekend InshaAllah. She was one of the most beautiful reminders Allah has ever given me.
- YM member from New York

(1) (Reply)

Advice For Students Of The Quran / Suplication Of Kumayl / Islam And Terrorism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.