Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

A Beautiful Story About Qur'an - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Beautiful Story About Qur'an (10196 Views)

Beautiful Story About Allah's Forgiveness / Baby Born With The Holy Qur'an In A White Garment Church / Imam Abu Hanifah And The Atheist (beautiful Story). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by chakula: 10:38am On May 06, 2010
Asslamu Alaikum

Why do we read Quran, even if we can't understand a single Arabic word? This is a beautiful story.

An old American Muslim lived on a farm in the mountains of eastern Kentucky with his young grandson. Each morning Grandpa was up early sitting at the kitchen table reading his Quran. His grandson wanted to be just like him and tried to imitate him in every way he could. 

One day the grandson asked, "Grandpa! I try to read the Quran just like you but I don't understand it, and what I do understand I forget as soon as I close the book. What good does reading the Qur'an do?"

The Grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the stove and replied, "Take this coal basket down to the river and bring me back a basket of water.     

The boy did as he was told, but all the water leaked out before he got back to the house. The grandfather laughed and said, "You'll have to move a little faster next time," and sent him back to the river with the basket to try again. This time the boy ran faster, but again the basket was empty before he returned home. Out of breath, he told his grandfather that it was impossible to carry water in a basket, and he went to get a bucket instead. 

The old man said, "I don't want a bucket of water; I want a basket of water. You're just aganot trying hard enough," and he went out the door to watch the boy try in.

At this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak out before he got back to the house. The boy again dipped the basket into river and ran hard, but when he reached his grandfather the basket was again empty. Out of breath, he said, "See Grandpa, it's useless!"

"So you think it is useless?" The old man said, "Look at the basket."

The boy looked at the basket and for the first time realized that the basket was different. It had been transformed from a dirty old coal basket and was now clean, inside and out.

Son, that's what happens when you read the Qur'an. You might not understand or remember everything, but when you read it, you will be changed, inside and out. That is the work of Allah in our lives."
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by alimat2(f): 1:18pm On May 07, 2010
Allahu Akbar
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by miftaudeen(m): 8:40pm On May 07, 2010
jazakum llahu khair, it is a good story for the wise
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by jackdaniel(m): 4:12am On May 08, 2010
good one; only a wise sufi can compose such a beautiful allegory. In as much as i have my reserve for islam , i love the teachings of the sufi's. nice one, wink
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by Nobody: 4:34am On May 08, 2010
Surely,Quran is indeed a blessing from GOD
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by Osama10(m): 4:42am On May 08, 2010
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by IbrahimB: 4:52am On May 08, 2010
This is a beautiful allegory. Thanks for sharing. smiley
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by oduz: 6:16am On May 08, 2010
Kudos cool
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by bjmighty(m): 6:18am On May 08, 2010
Allahu Akbar!!
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by macomrades(m): 6:46am On May 08, 2010
Beautiful! Allahu akbar!
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by Taiwotasungo: 7:04am On May 08, 2010
Great story thanks for sharing.
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by Taiwotasungo: 7:05am On May 08, 2010
Great story thanks for sharing
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by COOLDK(m): 7:08am On May 08, 2010
D prophet (SAW) says: "Memorise d Quran, Allah wont purnish any soul wt a trace of Al-Quran"
Mere readn, Quran serve as a protectn 4 d readn, upkeep one's soul and it is purely a prayer among many other purpose.
kudos to poster. Al-amdullilah 4 we belong 2 d muslim world.
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by hooged: 7:21am On May 08, 2010
wat im i doing here? ni oruko jesu
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by AkeemN(m): 7:26am On May 08, 2010
9ice one
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by Adechyno(m): 8:15am On May 08, 2010
Allah Akbar,  I love this,
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by dplordx(m): 8:55am On May 08, 2010
Not a moslem but I would say the same about the Bible. The Holybooks from God makes us feel free and better from sin.
Allah Akba
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by frank317: 8:58am On May 08, 2010
Una no get work. I guess the quran cleans ur soul enuf for u to ruthlessly butcher ur neighbor out of the smallest offence.
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by frank317: 9:01am On May 08, 2010
Una no get work. I guess the quran cleans ur soul enuf for u to ruthlessly butcher ur neighbor out of the smallest offence.
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by salamander(m): 9:15am On May 08, 2010
Great story. As it is with other people, kindly ignore all bad comments. We need more of these
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by Nobody: 9:20am On May 08, 2010
The extremists and terrorist are really tarnishing the beautiful sides of islam.

Writeups like this still reminds us the none muslims that islam is still a beautiful religion that stands for PEACE.

Peace am out!
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by Hoteph(m): 9:23am On May 08, 2010

Son, that's what happens when you read the Qur'an. You might not understand or remember everything, but when you read it, you will be changed, inside and out. That is the work of Allah in our lives.

Change inside and out has diverse meaning,
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by cherish(m): 9:25am On May 08, 2010
nice one, keep it up.
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by cherish(m): 9:27am On May 08, 2010
Nice one, keep it up.
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by shadrach77: 9:31am On May 08, 2010
[size=16pt]this should apply to the BIBLE not the quran! smiley[/size]
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by tolu001: 9:40am On May 08, 2010
that's a very interesting story that can only be comprehended by the wise,
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by tegax(m): 9:52am On May 08, 2010
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by onlysose(m): 10:21am On May 08, 2010
This story is an interesting one. But It is more important to spend time understanding the holy koran than to spend time reciting and memorising it, cos that is when the message will be passed. Also we have to give the christian and the Jews access to the holy Koran so that they could read and benefit from it too, some of us due to poor education take offence when they see christain with the Koran. May the almighty Allah bless our intentions. Amin summa amin
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by SLIGHT(m): 10:47am On May 08, 2010
Cool. It's of great benefit when people take time out from daily life and read the holy books and learn what God requires of them, and put them to practice. Neglecting the holy books has made so many doubt God's existence, which is not the best for posterity. Cheers.
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by Realpoint(m): 11:05am On May 08, 2010
well done for this story.I wish Muslims understand that if they move closer to Allah by reading Quran both Arabic and translation,it will better their life because they will leave a fulfilled life.
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by HORNET: 11:15am On May 08, 2010
Truly beautiful conclusion.
Re: A Beautiful Story About Qur'an by suleiman16(m): 11:34am On May 08, 2010
Thanks may Allah strengthen us, it is a nice piece, keep it up shun the bad poster.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? / Is It Permissible To Throw Grains Of Corn After Prayer? / Who Is A Dayooth (cuckold) Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.