Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, (17217 Views)

Ohanaeze To Visit Buhari With Charter Of Demands - Vanguard Newspaper / Complete The 2nd Niger Bridge & Enugu Airport- Ohanaeze To Buhari / Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by rhymz(m): 10:02pm On Feb 10, 2013
seunfly: It seems southeast leaders does not understand the political pamutation that is going on right now, no party that is serious in winning presidential party that is ready to defeat the incubent non-northerner to present southerner. For me i think the best they can get is to present a very credible northerner 4 president and an igbo vice president.
Also pdp can not present igbo present for either jonathan recontest or not, the best they can get is vp.
But for APC SW vote is already theirs, and core north vote may be their own if they present acceptable candidate.
So they need to get that vice presidency slot to the igbo peaple atleast to compenciate them 4 for waiting for a while.
you sound very naive and partisan. Igbos have just as much right to want the presidency just as any other non-igbo from any part of the country does. If we were to go by fairness, Igbo deserves the support from others especially the west, they have been patient and have played second fiddle enough. Any political permutation that will have them repeat thesame cycle again is nonsense, I rather stick with the PDP where there is a better chance than stay in phoney arrangement where positions are dictated to us by overspent northerners and southwesterners as if they have more rights than Igbos. It is Igbo or nothing. Let the northerners go for vp. Southwesterners should stop their propagander and myth of thinking that their region alone decides the election or that they have the perfect wand for the igbo presidency which igbos themselves are too heady to see. It is all about agreements, compromises, allegiances, alliances and political manipulation not like you southwesterners are any more influential than others to dictate to others. Enough is enough.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by digospel2: 10:04pm On Feb 10, 2013
Tazarce - GEJ carry Go............ No room for Buhari and associates

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by Abaykf: 10:05pm On Feb 10, 2013
who knows if Nigeria would still bean entity come 2015! May God bless us shocked cry
Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by GARRIx7(m): 10:06pm On Feb 10, 2013
ngozievergreen:
Dey dont want to watch igbo boys playing. Dey will die of envy. Including u -Garri

I don't Hate IGBOs.... I only discipline them when I have to.. You know what you to to a kid you love

wink
Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by Dibiachukwu: 10:07pm On Feb 10, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

Will this ibhoe drum stfu?

This is not about Yorubas
Musiwa is your brother. Treat him gently grin

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by theripper: 10:09pm On Feb 10, 2013
Nigeria are African champions and the "gure " pple are busy jubilating even though they contributed nothing.

Egbe alatewo, we dey hail una.
Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 10, 2013
USarmy:

Were was their grand scheme when GEJ disgraced them during the 2011 election.

You do know that the Northern Delegates, after being bribed of course, were the main persons instrumental for a GEJ Presidency because they feared what awaited them in a Buhari Presidency, right?
Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by musiwa10: 10:13pm On Feb 10, 2013
c
Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by aribisala0(m): 10:15pm On Feb 10, 2013
peckhamboi: Igbos are really a pitiable lot, it is obvious they don't have what it takes to rule the country, obviuosly from the state of underdevelopment and insecurity in biafra, coupled with inability of igbos to build a meaningful party of opposition right from independence that igbos have no agenda except that of grabbing power.

they hobnob and play political prostitute with who ever is in power, because they have no vision either for their region or the nation, that was y zik joined NPC, and all of a sudden the vision of NCNC a party founded by a yoruba man who made zik his secretary was taken over by igbos and destroyed with the usual igbo leadership visionlesness, selfishness and greed. thank God yorubas abandoned NCNC for them cos that was the end of igbo voice on the national political scene...igbos cant build a real party..

u can see that the igbos dont mean well for nigeria, that is why they want to support this failure called pdp and jonathan that has no direction just because they hope after jonathan they will be allowed to rule.

am not suprised zik and ekweme did the same thing, and joined with a party that had no vision whilst yorubas remained in opposition, after they will start crying marginalization

igbos have the worst leaders in the world, can you see this mumu, saying they will support jonathan so that jonathan will support them in 2019, even if jonathan wins in 2015 doesnt he know that power will go to the north in 2019 and will remain their for atleast another 8 years?

you see how igbo leaders right from zik, ojukwu, ekweme etc always lead igbos to military and political defeat and confusion,

igbos are not ready to rule ... the one that i was even thinking was different ie rochas has showed himself a typical igboman with trader mentality, and mindless grab for power,,. even before he was inaugurated as gorvnor, he wrote to all banks freezing to freeze imo state account and had to be warned by inec that he yet to be inaugurated as gorvnor after election, he keeps fighting and showing his power all over the place, the last time it was with senator anyanwu,

just behaving like a typical igboman that sees money and position as a means to lord it over others... fashola does not use siren, he stays in hold up no matter how serious like other lagosians. awo never stayed in govt apartment or take govt benefit, he always said what he cant enjoy at the level of his personal wealth he wont accept in public office

igbos cant rule, they dont know the purpose of politics or power, that is why they dont understand the beauty of opposition politics, they have never been in power yet they have never been in opposition, always begging complaining and whining,

the opposition may one day win power, or have a strong bargaining power, like when the nation was forced to vote for yoruba men in 1999, but when you play political protsitute like igbos, [people always use and dump u.

igbos are really pathetic, confused and primitive polticaly
I do not agree with several points in this post and am shocked at the number of likes. I think the insults are uncalled for
There is no reason why Igbos cannot rule but politically they need to raise their game and read what is happening in the country. I believe I have mentioned before that Igbos should have participated in the merger as founders not joiners. The reasoning is like this ; APC might not even win in 2015 but in all likelihood they will win ONE DAY.
Let us look at this as neutral Nigerians. We would like to have TWO viable parties in Nigeria whose membership remains intact when they lose elections,persevere and battle on until they eventually win with power shifting between the two from time to time. There is no reason why Igbo politicians cannot be strong in TWO parties. As things are now it seems that Igbo politicians are keen to be on the "WINNING TEAM" by any means but this is so obviously opportunistic and as things are now if APC should win at the centre Igbo politicians will lose out.
I make a distinction between Igbo politicians and Igbos and the poster seems to overlook the distinction. Ohanaeze are not really in a position to make demands of APC.Rather they should invest money and hardwork so that when rewards come they claim them as entitlement and not munificence.

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by Dee60: 10:23pm On Feb 10, 2013
Sectional leaders fail to understand that their concept is fading. We need leaders that would stop talking about 'field igbo, field yoruba, field hausa' and let just start to think progressively. Imagine Americans voting Obama, son of an immigrant twice as president! Yet, our idle so called leaders can only talk about sectionalism. Dont care where the president comes from, just give us visionary, credible leaders who are not religious or sectional bigots. Learn from Super eagles. have we been talking about where the players come from? No, bit that NIGERIA won. That is what matters.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by thaoriginator: 10:24pm On Feb 10, 2013
peckhamboi: Igbos are really a pitiable lot, it is obvious they don't have what it takes to rule the country, obviuosly from the state of underdevelopment and insecurity in biafra, coupled with inability of igbos to build a meaningful party of opposition right from independence that igbos have no agenda except that of grabbing power.

they hobnob and play political prostitute with who ever is in power, because they have no vision either for their region or the nation, that was y zik joined NPC, and all of a sudden the vision of NCNC a party founded by a yoruba man who made zik his secretary was taken over by igbos and destroyed with the usual igbo leadership visionlesness, selfishness and greed. thank God yorubas abandoned NCNC for them cos that was the end of igbo voice on the national political scene...igbos cant build a real party..

u can see that the igbos dont mean well for nigeria, that is why they want to support this failure called pdp and jonathan that has no direction just because they hope after jonathan they will be allowed to rule.

am not suprised zik and ekweme did the same thing, and joined with a party that had no vision whilst yorubas remained in opposition, after they will start crying marginalization

igbos have the worst leaders in the world, can you see this mumu, saying they will support jonathan so that jonathan will support them in 2019, even if jonathan wins in 2015 doesnt he know that power will go to the north in 2019 and will remain their for atleast another 8 years?

you see how igbo leaders right from zik, ojukwu, ekweme etc always lead igbos to military and political defeat and confusion,

igbos are not ready to rule ... the one that i was even thinking was different ie rochas has showed himself a typical igboman with trader mentality, and mindless grab for power,,. even before he was inaugurated as gorvnor, he wrote to all banks freezing to freeze imo state account and had to be warned by inec that he yet to be inaugurated as gorvnor after election, he keeps fighting and showing his power all over the place, the last time it was with senator anyanwu,

just behaving like a typical igboman that sees money and position as a means to lord it over others... fashola does not use siren, he stays in hold up no matter how serious like other lagosians. awo never stayed in govt apartment or take govt benefit, he always said what he cant enjoy at the level of his personal wealth he wont accept in public office

igbos cant rule, they dont know the purpose of politics or power, that is why they dont understand the beauty of opposition politics, they have never been in power yet they have never been in opposition, always begging complaining and whining,

the opposition may one day win power, or have a strong bargaining power, like when the nation was forced to vote for yoruba men in 1999, but when you play political protsitute like igbos, [people always use and dump u.

GBAM! Make dem bone presidency at least not for now. Make dem go play ball since na dem sabi play, we go dey take dem do our soccer pawns. Until wen they are ready then we can prepare dem and fix dem up. Until then, they should continue playing soccer and selling cloths @yaba and electronic @alaba international.undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by conyema12(m): 10:27pm On Feb 10, 2013

slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by Dee60: 10:28pm On Feb 10, 2013
Show us one Igbo governor that is performing! Charity must begin at home. But I really dont care where the president comes from, all we want is good and credible leadership.

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by Eziachi: 10:33pm On Feb 10, 2013
blink182: make applicable comparisons. USA had a case of racism but the igbos are a case of wanting to destroy Nigeria by all means. I am by no means an enemy of the igbos. They are their own biggest enemies, I am only stating the obvious without sentiments. I sometimes feel like weeping at how the good for nothing massob and the open support they great from the igbo nation keeps destroying the chance of Rochas to become president.

Nobody wants a president that will make his primary task to be the call for SNC, if biafra goes, Yoruba follows and likewise arewa. Over my dead body I witness such in my lifetime.

So many things are wrong with this country but I believe in staying together and mending things gradually as we progress.

Yeah, I am deltan and urhobo, what's the deal?
That is your belief and you are entitled to it, then problem is peeps like you thinks anyone that doesn't agree with their beliefs is bad and should be treated as an enemy.
If Igbos are the clog of Nigeria paradise realisation, then send them packing. I personally think SNC is meaningless but if you are afraid to talk about your problem in a marriage, why do you insist in keeping the charade of a marriage going?
You have to live with the fact that your beliefs and thinking may sometimes vary from that of another person.

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by seanet01: 10:39pm On Feb 10, 2013
Blink182 Nigeria will eventually be sliced.
Eziachi forget it. Ibos want to reap where they did not sow. What was there contribution to this alliance that they want to have the Presidential Candidate?
No way.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by Eziachi: 10:45pm On Feb 10, 2013
Dee60: Sectional leaders fail to understand that their concept is fading. We need leaders that would stop talking about 'field igbo, field yoruba, field hausa' and let just start to think progressively. Imagine Americans voting Obama, son of an immigrant twice as president! Yet, our idle so called leaders can only talk about sectionalism. Dont care where the president comes from, just give us visionary, credible leaders who are not religious or sectional bigots. Learn from Super eagles. have we been talking about where the players come from? No, bit that NIGERIA won. That is what matters.
You forgo and forgot this your theory in 2003. Didn't you?

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by Eziachi: 10:46pm On Feb 10, 2013
seanet01: Blink182 Nigeria will eventually be sliced.
Eziachi forget it. Ibos want to reap where they did not sow. What was there contribution to this alliance that they want to have the Presidential Candidate?
No way.
What exactly did you sow?

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by Eziachi: 10:49pm On Feb 10, 2013
Dee60: Show us one Igbo governor that is performing! Charity must begin at home. But I really dont care where the president comes from, all we want is good and credible leadership.
Everybody has their own definition of performance.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 10, 2013
Eziachi:
That is your belief and you are entitled to it, then problem is peeps like you thinks anyone that doesn't agree with their beliefs is bad and should be treated as an enemy.
If Igbos are the clog of Nigeria paradise realisation, then send them packing. I personally think SNC is meaningless but if you are afraid to talk about your problem in a marriage, why do you insist in keeping the charade of a marriage going?
You have to live with the fact that your beliefs and thinking may sometimes vary from that of another person.

You guys always have this distorted believe that other tribes don't want Ibos to secede, forget 1967 if you guys are SERIOUS about seceding your leaders know what to do. Unfortunately their selfishness and me me me attitude if Ibos are your main problems. Except few Internet warriors like you and Massob most ordinary Ibos believe they still have a stake and future in Nigeria.
Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by obi2012: 10:53pm On Feb 10, 2013
Guy, i am igbo and i agree with many of your points.. Some i dont agree with..

How can ibos say they want power when they cant even provide a candidate? Two brothers are ready to kill each other over local government councillorship... When you are not united, you cant produce one candidate..

When you cant produce one candidate, you cant gather enough votes to win..

You want to rule the whole country but your states are the most underdeveloped states in the country while your governors are the most corrupt in the whole country..

Abeg ibo's need to focus on ruling themselves before they rule someone else..

They can probably field a Fashola (Pres)/Ezekwesili(Vice) ticket and beat Jonathan..

Buhari just needs to go and rest somewhere.. We dont need another Yaradua on our hands..

People are probably going to call me a sellout and abuse me.. But tribe aside, its the truth.. Ibos are not united and dont do anything for each other when they get in power in their own states, why trust them with a whole nation?

Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by seanet01: 10:54pm On Feb 10, 2013
Eziachi:
What exactly did you sow?
We sow APC. After ibos wanted their Political leaders to abandon the Merger, they now want the same Merger to produce an ibo President?
Thinking of Monkey dey work, Baboon dey Chop.
Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by kofoshi: 10:59pm On Feb 10, 2013
dayokanu:

If APC presents a Buhari Fashola ticket they would win all the 13 states Buhari won in 2011 plus 6 SW states thats 19 states already

They would get over 25% in Kwara, Kogi, Taraba, Nasarawa, FCT, Plateau, Benue and possibly Edo.

That makes over the necesary 24 states thy need over 25% of votes

Buhari/Fashola ticket?

Now, that would be a clincher! We won't even need one vote from the South East or the South South.

I really hope they come up with this joker.

P.S: what happens to Okorocha now that his party is against him?
Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by Hardfact: 11:01pm On Feb 10, 2013

Quite a good shot. Some elements of truth, tho I think not completely true.
Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by sol2galay: 11:03pm On Feb 10, 2013
50calibre: I am an Igbo guy but I will never vote for an Igbo presidential candidate, unless I want Nigeria's wealth to be looted dry

where are we now without the igbos getting to the top,are u fairing more better? Yoruba like you. you wish ur mama born u igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by kofoshi: 11:03pm On Feb 10, 2013
P.S: Adeboye needs to be called to order to stop brainwashing his Yoruba worshippers into voting PDP. We are not blind to the overexposed tactic he and Jonathan are playing.

Their rewards are in heaven or hell.
Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by Hardfact: 11:04pm On Feb 10, 2013
Eziachi:
Everybody has their own definition of performance.
Bros, Relax. If you really cant critique your leaders enough, be open enough to have em do it for, all for your own good.
Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by seanet01: 11:08pm On Feb 10, 2013
kofoshi:

Buhari/Fashola ticket?

Now, that would be a clincher! We won't even need one vote from the South East or the South South.

I really hope they come up with this joker.

P.S: what happens to Okorocha now that his party is against him?
Desola, Where the hell have you been?
Or you did not pay your bills and got disconnected? You mighty have been giving too much alms to those Fulham ibos who can beg for even water.
Tufiakwa
Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by playahP(m): 11:11pm On Feb 10, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Sorry I thought they said APGA wasn't part of the union? Why are they now interested in fielding the candidate of a party they claim they are not part of ?

Its a faction of apga dumbass
Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by omoalaro: 11:12pm On Feb 10, 2013
O.k, we have heard you. Continue to sit on the fence. We will bring the presidency to you, put it on your laps on bended kneels.
Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by COOLDUN: 11:14pm On Feb 10, 2013
Yoruba bigots, I am happy that the SUPER EAGLES OF BIAFRA under the leadership of Stephen Keshi have won the AFRICA NATION CUP for the SUPER EAGLES OF NIGERIA. SHAMELESS BIGOTS. One of you has written Daily Times pages’ insulting his generations with many fools clicking like. You are hypocrites. If not by accident will a Yoruba man rule Nigeria for one day? What makes you people to believe that you have arrived in the Nigeria Politics?

That your mechanic boys scout army General ruled this country for 11 wasted years never make you people to belong to the political might of this country. Did you ask yourselves why the General was chosen in the place of your educated politicians? Spare us this we belong while you don’t belong anywhere.

As the Super Eagles of Biafra have defeated you bigots, so will you guy be disappointed coming 2015. Useless/Shameless BIGOTS.

5 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by GenOrumov: 11:19pm On Feb 10, 2013
yabadabado: what i have learnt from the Igbo way... is when people keep on saying u are the smartest...my brother go 4 brain examination..u cant be asking 4 Igbo presido.. and be dancing [b]ibiri oh ibiri [/b]4 jonathan back.
i hear Igbo people say the don't follow or have leaders...and i always laugh. no society in history has been able to progress without organization, u must have a leader.

The Ibiri oh Ibiri got me laughing. Ibiri oh indeed!

honor2011:

Well said bro! Igbos are their own worst enemies! Our igbo brothers seem to be full of contradictions. On the one hand they desperately want to become the president of Nigeria, and on the other hand the also desperately want to "balkanise" the country. How could you want to assume the president of a country that you do not believe in. Their contradictory position will never get them any where. Most of us who believe in the continued existence of the country are always wary about what an Igbo man will do to that continued existence of Nigeria should he ever become the president of Nigeria.
Exactly the same reasons why I will not vote for an igbo. They used their own hands to bring this upon themselves but with the forming of APC led Tinubu and Buhari, I don't mind voting for them if that will take power from PDP. I understand our fears but I'm not afraid of them becoming President under APC. Do you know why? Buhari and Tinubu are also aware of our fears but they will put them in check. Tinubu is the best strategist and politician that Nigeria has at the moment. From the South West, South East, South South, North Central, North East and North West; nobody can match him. I'm ready to put my political interests in Tinubu's hands and go to sleep and when I wake, we are still in power. Even if the President comes from South East, we will rule them so far Tinubu is there. Chikena..

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, by EkoIle1: 11:21pm On Feb 10, 2013
playah P:

Its a faction of apga dumbass

That's even worse. So you are fragmented with diferent factions and rebel groups? So who is calling the shot and who should we deal with?

why not get your broken and none united house in order befor joining any party talk less making . Look in the mirror for the dubass.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

It’s Wrong For Jonathan To Summon Electoral Umpire, Jega At Will – APC / January 24 Declared Holiday For Eid-el-maulud / Jonathan Responsible For PDP Crisis — Ogbulafor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.