Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,878 members, 7,810,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Fed Up With Him - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Fed Up With Him (2193 Views)

My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help / When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up / I'm Fed Up!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fed Up With Him by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 11, 2013
Dont judge me before reading my story.
Am 19,and in a university and i feel he does a lot of childish things that gets on my nerves.First he doesnt give me space always spying on me like showing up at my school unexpectedly...This happened recently and it got me so mad i had to tell him he should have called me before showing up,the most annoying thing about the whole thing was we both talked that day,about 41 minutes before yet he never mentioned coming to see me,he got angry i told him he should have told me before coming and we havent been talking,i have personally avoided him since then...now i back home,just today he brought home a policeman who threatened to lock me up if i dont behave myself,i find that funny,arrest me on what charges in Gods name?I cant believe this man brought a cop home!
As it stands i am fed up with him,how can i go about legally cease to be his son.
Am i making a mistake?
Pls no insults.

P.s= he has no job but sits his bum at home all day,my mum does all the hustle yet he still got an annoying ego and wants to be a dictator.

1 Like

Re: Fed Up With Him by jhydebaba(m): 6:20pm On Feb 11, 2013
Pls dis-murder him ASAP shocked
Re: Fed Up With Him by Aafulenu(f): 6:59pm On Feb 11, 2013
let me get this straight
u want to dis-fada ur dad all because he cares for u? so checking up on a son in school is nw a crime?
i dont blame u sha, after all u are ALL GROWN UP undecided
Re: Fed Up With Him by ifyalways(f): 7:22pm On Feb 11, 2013
Just move your "smart and wise" arse out of his house. Shikena.

After 1 week alone in the jungle, you'll beg to be his slave.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Fed Up With Him by greatgod2012(f): 11:04pm On Feb 11, 2013
Heeeee......LWKMD!

Hello sir, thank your star that you have a caring and a concerned father. Sincerely, i feel like bashing you with words, but i wont, because i assume you dont know what you are saying.
My dear, your dad loves you and he doesnt want you to go astray, hence, his impromptu visits, hes doing this in order to probably catch you with a bad habit/company/influence, so that he may know what exactly to talk with you about. It is a system that has been in use for long to check one's child/children/ward from becoming negatively influenced. Having that thought that dad may come visiting anytime, will always put you on hold/check when you are about misbehaving. So, dont see him as a problem, except you have what you are hiding, he has good intention towards you.
As regards calling police on you, he probably thought your questioning him d last time he came to visit you was an indication that you are into an awkward/negative/unacceptable influence, and thinks he may not by himself get d fact from you, hence, his calling d cops, knowimg fully well that they know how to get their facts right.
As regards not doing anything as regards your d finances at home, that is a topic for another day, but not a licence for you to be rude to him, he is still your father, instead, learn from him by trying not to be like that when you become a father too.

Apologise to him for your rude attitude and turn a new leaf. Also, let there be a prove that you have actuall changed for d better.
Always remember that obeying our parents is d only commandment with an attached blessings.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Fed Up With Him by Jealousbaby(f): 1:03am On Feb 12, 2013
IMAGINE.....
HMMM YOU ARE DEFINITELY OVERREACTING ! YOU SUPPOSED TO BE HAPPY TO HAVE A CARING FATHER LIKE HIM. AND DON'T JUDGE HIM OVER BEING JOBLESS. THINGS CAN TURN AROUND AND YOU WILL BE THE ONE SITTING AT HOME.
PLS DON'T FORGET THAT HE WAS THE ONE TAKING CARE OF YOU SINCE YOU WERE BORN.
AND OUT OF MY OWN STUPIDITY AND EXPERIENCES... MAKE PEACE WITH HIM..BEFORE ITS TOO LATE !. YOU WILL NOT FORGIVE URSELF FOR UR LIFETIME ..IF U LOSE UR DAD NOW
Re: Fed Up With Him by Nobody: 1:15am On Feb 12, 2013
Another spoilt trust fund boy. Disfather ko, unfriend ni. You need proper whacking to realize who the boss is mtcheew! grin
Re: Fed Up With Him by greatgod2012(f): 3:46pm On Feb 12, 2013
jidegirl12: Another spoilt trust fund boy. Disfather ko, unfriend ni. You need proper whacking to realize who the boss is mtcheew! grin

his username confirms d type of son/person he is.

2 Likes

Re: Fed Up With Him by MegaG: 8:09pm On Feb 12, 2013

1 Like

Re: Fed Up With Him by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 12, 2013
greatgod2012:

his username confirms d type of son/person he is.

He is hanging out with bad company. Everything is changing in Naija these days.can you imagine?
Re: Fed Up With Him by slimyem: 8:50pm On Feb 12, 2013
lmaocheesy
Been skipping this thread on purpose because its exactly what i assumed it'd be..
Juvenile and unserious poster!!
Some people would give anything to have a father who'd show half the concern and interest your father's showing in your life.
...and for you to think his being jobless is gives you guts to disrespect him is just pathetic.undecided
I would imagine that you'd have a different opinion of him if he was some millionaire gallivanting round the world and just crediting your account per monthundecided
Pinrin sense...you nor get!!
You seriously need to grow a brain!!
I pray it doesn't take you too long to understand and start to appreciate this man.cool
Re: Fed Up With Him by lillyveezy: 10:25pm On Feb 12, 2013
MegaG:

i'm sure your mum disrespects him as well, else how den do u explain your reason for talking down on your dad in such manner.
U took the word offf me.This is the root cause of his misdemeanor.@op ur mum giving u these nerves actively or passively.Better listen to ur aunties in this forum and behave urself.
Re: Fed Up With Him by Nobody: 12:04am On Feb 13, 2013
Heard u all,gon check myself
Re: Fed Up With Him by nobniger: 12:20am On Feb 13, 2013
A lot of people will do anything to have a dad like yours, making sure you stay on track. You're 19, grow up

Re: Fed Up With Him by obowunmi(m): 9:59pm On Feb 17, 2013
bad_boi: Dont judge me before reading my story.
Am 19,and in a university and i feel he does a lot of childish things that gets on my nerves.First he doesnt give me space always spying on me like showing up at my school unexpectedly...This happened recently and it got me so mad i had to tell him he should have called me before showing up,the most annoying thing about the whole thing was we both talked that day,about 41 minutes before yet he never mentioned coming to see me,he got angry i told him he should have told me before coming and we havent been talking,i have personally avoided him since then...now i back home,just today he brought home a policeman who threatened to lock me up if i dont behave myself,i find that funny,arrest me on what charges in Gods name?I cant believe this man brought a cop home!
As it stands i am fed up with him,how can i go about legally cease to be his son.
Am i making a mistake?
Pls no insults.

P.s= he has no job but sits his bum at home all day,my mum does all the hustle yet he still got an annoying ego and wants to be a dictator.

I see what you mean.... many African men living in the U.S. have this problem - they don't like to work (they will say things like, didn't you know that I was bank manager for 20 years before coming to the U.S. now you are asking me to be security officer? or a nurse?) and many women stay with these LAZY men because of their children and other liabilities - these men's egos gets in the way of logic and common sense. Anyhoo, my advice to you -

1. Don't disrespect your father regardless of how annoying he gets.
2. Support your mother anyway that you can (financially and all)
3. I read that you are in college - do you live on campus or off? If you live on campus, stay away from your dad, because he will only continue to piss you off (he doesn't have a job and has lots of time on his hands)..... don't come home on holidays, just talk to them on the phone. Don't let them get too close to you to know your whereabouts.
Lastly MOVE ON, MOVE OUT, STAY AWAY

Don't do anything too crazy because you always want to make your mother proud (finish school, study hard, get a job). Mothers who go thru issues like these talk with their children because they have no one else to talk to (they have suppressed their oppression and only the children will understand.) Ta ni iya ma so fun?
Re: Fed Up With Him by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 18, 2013
One sentence "Oloshi Jatijati nie" I hope ur son will wish u got murdered just like u wished ur own dad is dead. Bastard
Re: Fed Up With Him by obowunmi(m): 1:40pm On Feb 18, 2013
solidbroda: One sentence "Oloshi Jatijati nie" I hope ur son will wish u got murdered just like u wished ur own dad is dead. Bastard

Easy there na, he never wished his father dead..... he's asking how to deal with his dad? undecided undecided
Re: Fed Up With Him by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
@Op, Your father is just trying to make sure you are being a good boy, personally I know how extremely annoying it is, But the only reason parents do that is because they love you. Most times they've made mistakes when they were quite young and they don't want their kids making the same mistake, so they try as hard as possible to monitor and control our lives. They obviously know how annoying it is, but they make that sacrifice; hate them now and become a better person tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Fed Up With Him by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 18, 2013
obowunmi:

Easy there na, he never wished his father dead..... he's asking how to deal with his dad? undecided undecided

If I talk now you'd say I'm stalking you *yimu* and yeah it's me your market woman cool
So you think your advice made sense abi? just cause you've got no regard whatsoever for your pop you presumed everybody would join your bandwagon.
jeezzz angry
The young man just obviously belittled his dad and already realized that due to various advice he got from grown ups and promised to change ....
bad_boi: Heard u all,gon check myself
and you barge in here unannounced & chose to applaud his bad behaviour and called his dad LAZY ? angry
Re: Fed Up With Him by BukkyDan(f): 3:41pm On Feb 18, 2013
Hy poster, I must confess I understand what you're going through, I'm 19 too- living with my mum. I know what you feel, I've felt that way before, you just need to get over it.

My advice is that, you should just learn to show your father some love, that's the key. Always listen to what he has to say patiently.
Never try to argue with him, you know, parents feel they know it all-so let them be!

I used to think my mum was that bad, I posted my story and I got good advice
Just follow the good advices the grown ups here on NL are giving you. With time you'll understand your father loves you, he wants you to be safe.

You just need to study hard and make him proud. Do what he wants and you'll never regret it.
God bless you.
Re: Fed Up With Him by ifyalways(f): 4:25pm On Feb 18, 2013
@OP,looking at your signature,are you also a scammer?
The story is unfolding. . .
Re: Fed Up With Him by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 18, 2013
ifyalways: @OP,looking at your signature,are you also a scammer?

Oh boy shocked
Re: Fed Up With Him by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 18, 2013
You are still a small boy forget about being in the university, your father knows you well that is why he was close marking for your own good and for his reputation. Please, prove yourself as a matured and reliable person
Re: Fed Up With Him by lonzo(m): 11:09pm On Feb 18, 2013
(
obowunmi:

Deal with his Dad ?? Smh
Re: Fed Up With Him by obowunmi(m): 12:15am On Feb 19, 2013
lonzo: (

Deal with his Dad ?? Smh

synonymous term would be "relate" undecided
Re: Fed Up With Him by obowunmi(m): 12:16am On Feb 19, 2013
jidegirl12:

If I talk now you'd say I'm stalking you *yimu* and yeah it's me your market woman cool
So you think your advice made sense abi? just cause you've got no regard whatsoever for your pop you presumed everybody would join your bandwagon.
jeezzz angry
The young man just obviously belittled his dad and already realized that due to various advice he got from grown ups and promised to change ....

and you barge in here unannounced & chose to applaud his bad behaviour and called his dad LAZY ? angry

I'm really starting to fall in love with you for stalking me around the forum. kiss kiss
Re: Fed Up With Him by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 19, 2013
ifyalways: @OP,looking at your signature,are you also a scammer?
I copied and pasted that from somewhere,i dont have a website.
Re: Fed Up With Him by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 19, 2013
jidegirl12:

Oh boy shocked
its nothing
Re: Fed Up With Him by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 19, 2013
I feel you on annoying over-protective parents. If I start to tell you my own stories ehn, u have not experienced anything hun.
Nigerian parents are something else!!

One thing Nigerian parents are good at is taking care of your education bills, you don't want to lose that benefit. Are u in Nigeria? My advice is get a part time job and move out of the house. Try to get a condo, prolly get a roommate so you don't bear the expense alone.

At times u need the space in order to realize their value.
Re: Fed Up With Him by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 19, 2013
Shollypopz: I feel you on annoying over-protective parents. If I start to tell you my own stories ehn, u have not experienced anything hun.
Nigerian parents are something else!!

One thing Nigerian parents are good at is taking care of your education bills, you don't want to lose that benefit. Are u in Nigeria? My advice is get a part time job and move out of the house. Try to get a condo, prolly get a roommate so you don't bear the expense alone.

At times u need the space in order to realize their value.
I can pay my bills,i try to be a good son,but its just hard,my dad especially,my mum doesnt stay in Nigeria maybe thats why he acts this way,dunno

(1) (Reply)

Couples Should Take Antenatal Care Seriously or risk This (Graphic photos) / Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. / Your Daughter Wants To Get Married ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.