Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,174 members, 7,835,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Are Female Bosses Really Nice? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Female Bosses Really Nice? (1243 Views)

Why Are Female Receptionists Strikingly Beautiful? / Are Female Bankers Promiscuous? / Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Female Bosses Really Nice? by Derin007: 12:18pm On Mar 12, 2008
Truth is that before I started work, I had this impression of female bosses and it is that they are usually not nice at all. This is judging from peoples experiences. Though so u can imagine my mindset when I started working. I have worked in three organizations before now and I am currently in working in the fourth. So u can trust when I give my own statistics.
From my first experience, I had a man as my boss so I wasn’t surprised he turned out to be nice all through my stay.

My second place of work presented me with the first opportunity of having a female boss who turned out to be very nice. She took it upon herself to drop me off after the days work every blessed day. Unfortunately, I was transferred to another branch where I had the opportunity of working with the second female boss who wasn’t only nice but who kept you on your toes by making u work and also enjoying every bit of the work. She also was ready to defend u whenever it mattered.

My third place offered me the third opportunity of working with a female boss, but trust me, this time it was far from all I had experienced working under a female boss as my boss in this place was not nice at all. She snaps at any given opportunity, was hostile and very touchy, funny enough she doesn’t speak good English. To make matters worse, she made me do menial jobs like washing of plates whenever the board just finished a meeting {it was a manufacturing industry}.After a month, I had to leave as I couldn’t stand her anymore. Did someone say ‘typical of female bosses?’

My fourth place which is where I am currently working, I want to believe God actually has compensated me for all the troubles I went through with my last female boss. Lest I forget, I am currently working under the fourth female boss and to say she is down to earth is an understatement. I can go on and on about how nice she is and how wonderful she makes me feel every single day. She not only defends me but she also told me she has taken me as her sister and trust me, her actions do not in anyway contradict her words.
The truth is that she has never complained or scolded me not even for once for whatever mistake I make no matter how silly it is and she is ever willing to assist me no matter the the magnitude or complexity of what I have at hand is. To crown it all up, she checks on me almost every 30mins to know if I am okay and she ensures I finish my work as soon as I can even offering to help me whenever ive got so much to do. There are even times she would not ask from me and would just go ahead and help me finish up my work so I can close early. She would also call me whenever she gets home to know f I am at home and okay. Really she has just been so FANTASTIQUE and can't be more grateful to God for blessing me with a guardian Angel that my female boss has turned out to be.
Can you share your experience? Have u been fortunate with your female bosses or have they turned out to be a pain in the neck? Please let me know as your contribution will be highly appreciated.
Re: Are Female Bosses Really Nice? by iice(f): 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2008
People in general are irritating. . .
Don't care much for females. . .don't really get along with alot of them. . .their wahala too much grin
Re: Are Female Bosses Really Nice? by Encomium(m): 3:59pm On Mar 12, 2008
Actually, some are nice while some can be a tick on your skin. The same thing is also applicable to male boss, its a two way traffic.
Re: Are Female Bosses Really Nice? by almondjoy(f): 4:06pm On Mar 12, 2008
iice:

People in general are irritating. . .
Don't care much for females. . .don't really get along with alot of them. . .their wahala too much grin

Amen to that! grin  You make me feel a whole laat better!  One would have expected an angel like you to charm the panty hoses off of them. . . but a see it is a universal curse! cheesy  Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen, I stay away from females at all costs.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Wahala no be small for no reason! grin  Bodi go just dey bite them like first class bitches!  Gosh! I don't care how religious or baptized they are.  Only very few. . . . . .

@topic
They are never nice. . . . even to themselves.  The only time they are nice is when they are screwing guys with their mouths and totos to get promotion while they stab their fellow females in the back.  Then they would be all smiles!  I would rather work for a male boss please! cheesy

God forbid bad thing! Twa!

Female bosses are first class bitches. How do you think they got there? Fasting and Praying? tongue
Re: Are Female Bosses Really Nice? by efuah(f): 4:13pm On Mar 12, 2008
Am bad am good am both. grin
Re: Are Female Bosses Really Nice? by jkpretty(f): 4:14pm On Mar 12, 2008
Don't care about bosses. I do my thing & i get out. I would prefer a male tho, but i really don't care.
Re: Are Female Bosses Really Nice? by Busta(f): 4:24pm On Mar 12, 2008
NO, to female bosses. They will always take out their fraustration on u. so uptight for no reasons. I've 2 female bosses and both of them were like the devil incarnate. One was jamaica----she wasn't that bad because she was still black anyways, her only problem was that she almost 40yrs old and she got no husband or kids. . . The second one was pure white and she was like the boss from the movie “The devil wears Prada”, I really thought the movie was made to portray her. She walks in the morning and don’t greet no one and even when u greet her, she ignores u. She monitors everyone so closely and if gone for too long for bathroom break or lunch break, na wahala be that. . . any extra minute will be deducted from your paycheck. At the end of day, she won’t fire you but she will frustrate and make your life miserable that you won’t even know when u handed her your resignation notice.

In prefer male bosses . . . they do not care and try not to get too close to you or interfer with you dues to fear of women wahala or sexual harassment and sorts.
Re: Are Female Bosses Really Nice? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 12, 2008
Some are specially designed by the devil, Lazy, curropt, wicked, jealous and anti progress. They wake up each day with one sole aim to torment their surbordinates.
Only Gods Grace delivers thpse under her
Re: Are Female Bosses Really Nice? by wendymanda: 4:37pm On Mar 12, 2008
I don't think gender is as important as the type of job and the type of person the boss is. I worked at this really shitty place in high school and the manager used to irritate the hell out of me. He was black but most of the other people that worked there were black as well. He would would play favoritism and conive so that people would confide and gossip with him. He always talked about people behind their back as if he thought we were stupid or his opion mattered if you haven't commited a gross infraction. If he found it you weren't bothered my his lame politics and were above his antics he would try to pretend you were lazy or a thief. He would work all the immigrants harder and chat and drink and possibly do drugs with the Americans. Once you show him you were aware of his crap and that you knew your rights and would not stand up for crap he will start talking more crap about you to try and set others against you. He would remove hours you worked so you could get less money, he was just an all in all idiot man.
The place where I work now the boss is female and she is not like that, she is intimidating but because she is extremely intelligent almost abnormally intelligent and everyone is intimidated by her. She treats people the same if she has a problem she lets you know how she feel, she even talks to people that have won things like the Nobel prize the same way.
Re: Are Female Bosses Really Nice? by hammers(m): 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2008
FROM MY EXPERIENCE, THEY ARE USUALLY NICE WHEN ALL IS WELL
but their other side is worse than hell.especially the single ones who are usually very defensive in nature.
Re: Are Female Bosses Really Nice? by topup: 4:58am On Jul 03, 2010
All I can say is people are people, you never know what to expect, and when you've given all hope, they surprise you - good or bad - it's up to you. As you've mentioned you've had experiences of both good and bad female bosses, what more evidence do you need??
Re: Are Female Bosses Really Nice? by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:39am On Jul 03, 2010
wierd!!
i thought the stereotype was the men not being able to work with women, now when even the women cant work with women, hmmmn wahala dey o!!!

but from the way i see it, i guess its just perception and to a large degree, forms of complex (personality 0r rather inferiority). personally i have no qualms working with a woman, if she chooses to be a bitch, i simply suck up to her and start toasting indirectly and clearly. i guess when that comes into a man/woman scenario things get a bit awkward and she has to change some stuff, esp when u let her know that her bitchiness is why u are toasting her!!!!!

believe me, it works! grin grin i really like my peace and hate hostile work enviroments, id rather resign.
as to why i made mention of complex, hear this example. when i got to my present office i made sure i pallied with the staff esp the women, who incidentally were my contemporaries, just older at the firm.

as a matter of fact, i treated them as seniors (pple younger than me both in age and in the profession) there was a particular one who was dating the boss, but i guess was on the look out for young mumu, so she thot my general geneality was an invitation to treat, i tactically dodged the parol, there and then friction started with her.
soon it became a guy thing. what was really striking to me was what another stated once.

she walked up to me and asked why their was friction between me and the other girl whenever we had to work together, i explained and said well the friction is imaginary, cos we did work fine, just that she turns round to tell mumu oga and other staff tales, with all the play acting u can imagine (scared shaking voices, requests not to work with me etc) mrs investigator LOOKED AT ME AND SAID, IS IT BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN AND U HAVE ISSUES DEALING OR TAKING INSTRUCTIONS FRIM HER?

i was flabbergasted!! this are women i worked with everyday, and im even subservient to, even when she has no basis for that statement judging by my interaction with her for over 9 months, she still thinks im playing ego trips.

man that was the day i lost it, called the other mofo ashy into a corner and laid down the line. i didnt want a piece of ashy toto, how hard was that to comprehend? well since then lets say its been uneasy but at least calm now so women get a grip abeg!! now i understood why men discriminate against women, why put up with that kinda drama and crap?
Re: Are Female Bosses Really Nice? by raintree: 7:16am On Jul 03, 2010
Never have good experience with female bosses. If given a choice, my vote will always go to male bosses cos they are more considerate and easier to work with!
Re: Are Female Bosses Really Nice? by otawa: 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2010
female bosses are great once you learn to understand them, you can get away with many things.

(1) (Reply)

There Is dis Girl Which I Have Not Spoken 2 before That I Like So Much But I don't No How 2 Approach / He Surprised Himself. / 17 Ways On How To Make Your Relationship Admirable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.