Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,323 members, 7,815,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? (8114 Views)

Single Lady Wants Married Women To Know Why They Date Their Husbands / May All The Nl Babes Sleeping With Their Bosses 'stand Up' For Recognition. / Literate Or Illiterate Women, Which One Obey And Respect Their Husband Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by chrisvdt: 6:15pm On Jun 15, 2011
Why Do Women Tremble With Fear And Respect Before Their Boss & The Opposite With Their Hubby?

Boss calls on the phone & she is "yes sir" till the last second. Hubby calls on the phone & he gets a "yes".
She avoids anything that will displease the boss but is care-free with the hubby.

The boss only owes her a salary, the hubby owes her his life. Whom should be more respected.

My friend just changed dis scenario, now he screams and shouts ordering instructions to wife as her boss
so to get the respect, becayuse when he gave love and understanding, he got disrespect.
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by obowunmi(m): 6:17pm On Jun 15, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by MrsChima(f): 6:37pm On Jun 15, 2011
Why would I say yes sir to my husband? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Respect has nothing to do with saying yes sir or yes mam. It is polite to say that but that has nothing to do with respect. Oh my goodness.
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by Dsense(m): 6:41pm On Jun 15, 2011
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by livedit(f): 6:47pm On Jun 15, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Respect has nothing to do with saying yes sir or yes mam. It is polite to say that but that has nothing to do with respect. Oh my goodness.

grin OMG! grin Too funny! Mrs. Chima, you are a trip girl! You just gave me a visual of you saying that to Mr. Chima! I'm choking laughing at your silly self! grin

I agree. I respect my boss and I respect my husband. Actually, I don't call my boss sir/ma'am. I call them by their last name. Mr. X or Mrs. X Then too, I've been pretty cool with just about all my managers so I usually call them by their first name as they do with me too. Just a matter of courtesy. I address my husband "honey". And he is WELL respected.
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by MrsChima(f): 7:07pm On Jun 15, 2011
livedit:

grin OMG! grin Too funny! Mrs. Chima, you are a trip girl! You just gave me a visual of you saying that to Mr. Chima! I'm choking laughing at your silly self! grin

I agree. I respect my boss and I respect my husband. Actually, I don't call my boss sir/ma'am. I call them by their last name. Mr. X or Mrs. X Then too, I've been pretty cool with just about all my managers so I usually call them by their first name as they do with me too. Just a matter of courtesy. I address my husband "honey". And he is WELL respected.

I refer to people by their last name as well. Sometimes I will say mam or sir if I do not know the person. But if I know the person I will say their pet name or government name unless otherwise specified.

There are names I have for my other half that no one will be called and other names that is general. So again, saying sir/mam is NOT an indication of how respectful someone is.

I bet when you had that visual I was rolling my eyes saying this some bullshit huh?
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by Jackieugo(f): 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2011
Why are you comparing a business relationship to a romantic one? So she should say "Yes sir" to her husband because. . .? She is not his slave. And the reason she fears her boss (as most people do) is because she doesn't want to get fired  undecided There is too much competition in the job market these days and the economy is suffering. The husband should be glad she even has a job sef.
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by livedit(f): 7:24pm On Jun 15, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I refer to people by their last name as well. Sometimes I will say mam or sir if I do not know the person. But if I know the person I will say their pet name or government name unless otherwise specified.

There are names I have for my other half that no one will be called and other names that is general. So again, saying sir/mam is NOT an indication of how respectful someone is.

I bet when you had that visual I was rolling my eyes saying this some bullshit huh?

You know it! grin I couldn't picture you saying that for no amount of money in this world. Not seriously that is.
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by chrisvdt: 7:31pm On Jun 15, 2011
Som1 pronounces d fear of being fired n job security. Some hubbies can afford paying wifey 10 times more even weekly. And 4d record, marriage is a bigger BUSINESS than d work place

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by obowunmi(m): 7:33pm On Jun 15, 2011
@ OP, if you don't want her to say yes sir to anyone else except you, make sure that you make enough money so that you can keep her as a house wife.
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by chrisvdt: 8:24pm On Jun 15, 2011
Its nt bout yes sir. See dis. Hubby calls out, honey pls can u help me get a bottle of water 4rm d fridge, am thirsty n wifey replies: baby, am so tired, get it urself. But imagine dat request 4rm d boss. HEY u (wit his eyes wide) , get me water to drink NOW & she is faster dan a bugati , here it is sir. My friend says 2 me, women take 4 granted words like pls, sori, 4give me, etc, just giv em military way, d boss's way

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by 190: 8:29pm On Jun 15, 2011
chrisvdt:

Boss cals on d phone & she is "yes sir" til d last second. Hubby cals on d fone & he gets a "yes". She avoids anytin dat wil displease d boss but is care-free wit d hubby. D boss only owes her a salary, d hubby owes her his life. Whom shud be more respected. My friend jus changed dis scenario, now he screams n shouts ordering instructns 2d wife as her boss so 2 get d rep. Cuz when e gave love n undastndn, he got dis-rep.

WOMEN HAVE LOST THEIR MANNERS undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by Mynd44: 11:15pm On Jun 15, 2011
^^^seconded!!!!!
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by upendo98(f): 11:23pm On Jun 15, 2011
Jesus Christ now what again.

Office/business etiquitte is soo different from Romance.
Try that office stuff on each other and Romance flies out the window.
I wont even say sir to my hubby .I say yes honey,sweetheart ,anything romantic but sir!!
My hubby must be treated/talked to diffrently from my boss.
waa!
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by MrsChima(f): 2:35am On Jun 16, 2011
Manners or not. I won't be kissing NO MAN's arse just to say I GOT A MAN. Bleep that. Respect goes BOTH WAYS. You respect me and I WILL RESPECT YOU. Real fucking talk and you can take that to the bank IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT. cool
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by tpia5: 2:52am On Jun 16, 2011
Boss cals on d phone & she is "yes sir" til d last second. Hubby cals on d fone & he gets a "yes". She avoids anytin dat wil displease d boss but is care-free wit d hubby. D boss only owes her a salary, d hubby owes her his life. Whom shud be more respected. My friend jus changed dis scenario, now he screams n shouts ordering instructns 2d wife as her boss so 2 get d rep. Cuz when e gave love n undastndn, he got dis-rep.

some of you people sound like you have serious mental issues.
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 16, 2011
@ poster,

why are you disturbing yourself and what are you insinuating
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by slimyem: 7:00am On Jun 16, 2011
tpia@:

some of you people sound like you have serious mental issues.
seconded!
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by slimyem: 7:02am On Jun 16, 2011
upendo 98:

I wont even say sir to my hubby .I say yes honey,sweetheart ,anything romantic but sir!!
waa!
the best answer to this thread
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 16, 2011
@ Poster, She is afraid of being sacked, that is what the situation in a poor country like Nigerian do bring cos if she loses her job, it may be very difficult to get another, in developed country  it is rear to see that happen
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 16, 2011
upendo 98:

waa!

exactly what i have in mind
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by enyojo(f): 7:19am On Jun 16, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Mrs Chima, your gutts piss me off!
I use 'Yes My lord' for my own husband!
If lawyers (eminent SANs for that matter) say 'my lord' to human Judges in law courts, why should answering my lifetime husband 'my lord' talk less of 'Yes sir' be that difficult?
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by MrsChima(f): 7:21am On Jun 16, 2011
enyojo:

Mrs Chima, your gutts piss me off!
If lawyers (eminent SANs for that matter) say 'my lord' to human Judges in law courts, why should answering my lifetime husband 'my lord' talk less of 'Yes sir' be that difficult?

Okay, what are you telling me that for? That's YOUR HUSBAND not mine. undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by enyojo(f): 7:26am On Jun 16, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Okay, what are you telling me that for? That's YOUR HUSBAND not mine. undecided undecided

Why I'm telling u that is that when a woman gives her husband maximum submission, obedience and respect, that Man cannot refuse to progress in life.
There is a magical miracle of blessings that will be unlocked on a man who has a loving wife.
If 'Yes sir' sounds tooo heavy in ur mouth to say to him, then I imagine how ur he feels.
Every man has a natural God-built In-built EGO.
Caress it and u will bring out his best.

early morning capsules
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 16, 2011
The husband's financial status makes a point here, no Sensible wife would displease her Rich husband to please her boss, U wan pack go? angry
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by pereze: 7:34am On Jun 16, 2011
This 'sir' thing is part of the colonial destructive elements handed down to us by our elders.
In UK that I know of, you can call a professor by his first name and your boss too not to talk of a doctor.
It is a cultural thing so I do not blame the wife for addressing boss as 'sir'. I will not like my wife to call me 'sir' for anything, makes no sense to me.
The poster's friend is just being unreasonable and should brace up for more marital problems.
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by pereze: 7:35am On Jun 16, 2011
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by snthesis(m): 7:43am On Jun 16, 2011
enyojo:

[size=12pt]Mrs Chima, your gutts piss me off!

i like that grin grin hmm- Lord Snthesis cheesy
spiked, from henceforth, start addressing me as such angry angry angry
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by sayso: 7:45am On Jun 16, 2011
tempted to write but should leave the women to it.
@ livedit, now I know why some men will cherish their wife so well.
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by chiozor: 7:59am On Jun 16, 2011
^^^ it is people like Mrs Nshima that cries every morning to her husband for pet wink
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by chumakk: 8:05am On Jun 16, 2011
If the husband treat the wife as the boss does by double by paying her monthly salary and giving her prosper and correct love grin grin she will resign cool
Re: Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands? by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 16, 2011
Notice how the women here have emphasized the 'yes sir' thingy. Ever so deceptive and clever by half, this species. The poster obviously made a point of how respectful women are to their bosses with that 'yes sir' example; he didn't say that women should address their husbands as 'sir'. The point being made concerns RESPECT and submissiveness. . .'sir' or not.

@ Poster

Thanks for bringing up this topic. I have pondered about the issue for far too long because it is something I have seen severally. The way these women (especially in Nigeria) tremble with fear and submission while relating with their bosses is a spectacle to behold. But when the husband at home mentions the word 'submissiveness', you'd see how the women would flare up and quip that they're 'modern' and 'educated' women who believe in equality and all that poo.

In fact, I can imagine some women that do not give their husbands fluting because they claim it is 'demeaning'. . .but when the boss orders same woman into his office and unzips his fly, the woman takes the initiative to suck not only his cock, but also his hairy ballz. Smh.

Seriously, most women don't need to be romanced and pampered too much. I've always maintained that fear is preferrable to love when it comes to dealing with women. When a woman fears you, she finds it compulsory to respect you and behave herself. But shen you depend on her fickle 'love', then her respect and good behaviour is entirely discretionary and on her own terms - she can choose to withdraw them whenever she feels like. After all, she takes you for granted, and considers you a little more than a harmless wussie.

That's why you hardly find bad, dominating guys whose wives have the audacity to cheat on them or show them some other kind of brazen disrespect. It is only the lovey-dovey wimpy softies that their wives disrespect with reckless abandon, cheat right under their noses, and even dare them to do their worst.

That's why the boss's way is the only way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghanaian Actress Goes Completely Naked In A Movie -watch Video / Gin Experience With Hausa Girl . / My Boyfriend Insulted Me After Sleeping With Me For The Ist Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.