Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? (6640 Views)

Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Goshen360(m): 9:21pm On Feb 13, 2013
^ Na so our brother dey rake since yesterday o.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by truthislight: 9:41pm On Feb 13, 2013
Goshen360: ^ Na so our brother dey rake since yesterday o.

the guy missed road.

He does not know that the days of stealing in the name of tith are numbered.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by BARRISTERS: 12:57am On Feb 14, 2013
@potentpraise

There are instructions for voluntary offering in the NT.

Show me the instruction for tith? None.

You better be careful.

can you pls provide answers to this; ''Show me the instruction for tith'' expecially in the NT as an intruction to the christians,

when reading the tread, i realised that you have not done justice to the question! see it again; Show me the instruction for tith
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Image123(m): 1:30am On Feb 14, 2013
phew well done potentpraise. I'm tempted and impressed. God bless you.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Goshen360(m): 1:35am On Feb 14, 2013
^
You think say I no know wetin you dey do abi grin
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 1:43am On Feb 14, 2013
BARRISTERS: @potentpraise

can you pls provide answers to this; ''Show me the instruction for tith'' expecially in the NT as an intruction to the christians,

when reading the tread, i realised that you have not done justice to the question! see it again; Show me the instruction for tith

look at Goshen360 next of kin coming again to ask me the same question your uncle has asked and i faithfully dealt with.. I guess no one has tackled you guys like i have.. Do cry pls
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 1:46am On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360: ^

What do you know that i am doing of Image123 is doing.. Goshen go and pay tithes.. stop covering up under offering... I know you are planing to start your own church soon and you will tell them in the public we don't collect tithes.. But we are in need of money, please pay as you can... You know what that appeal to everyman and many will pity your condition and bring their rose royce, bring the key to their house, buy you jet and buy you mountain load of shares in big company.... Who you and your entourage of offering oloju kokoro, especially with[b] truthisthelight [/b] your godson
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 1:48am On Feb 14, 2013
Image123: phew well done potentpraise. I'm tempted and impressed. God bless you.

Thank you my brother... they thought i will back down, they went to call all their relatives of tithes is abolished.. But offering is invoked under the same law that abolished tithes but that law failed to established tithes..

1 Like

Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 1:49am On Feb 14, 2013
truthislight:

the guy miss road.

He does not know that the days of stealing in the name of tith are numbered.

A man who used cunning to steal from the people by appealing to their conscience for offering and thought since he is not preaching tithes he is ok... is the biggest greed propagator
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 1:52am On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360: ^ Na so our brother dey rake since yesterday o.

God you know the payment of tithes is necessary and you should go pay your tithes.. You might be owning up-to $30k go to your pastor at Mcarthy or what did you call it again and pay up.. i know people like you are bench warmer and would hardly give offering either
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Goshen360(m): 1:52am On Feb 14, 2013
potentpraise:

What do you know that i am doing of Image123 is doing.. Goshen go and pay tithes.. stop covering up under offering... I know you are planing to start your own church soon and you will tell them in the public we don't collect tithes.. But we are in need of money, please pay as you can... You know what that appeal to everyman and many will pity your condition and bring their rose royce, bring the key to their house, buy you jet and buy you mountain load of shares in big company.... Who you and your entourage of offering oloju kokoro, especially with[b] truthisthelight [/b] your godson

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I talk am grin I talk am say I know wetin that Image123 was doing. I knew it grin. Na me you dey carry sweep for ground like this grin No worry grin
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 1:53am On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360: Chei, see truthislight don finish this our brother potentpraise. grin

You should know that i can not be finished... gidigidi ni mo wa bi icon... Stronger than iroko tree
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 1:54am On Feb 14, 2013
Candour:

If you could explain Deut 14:22-29 and Num 18 then you'll surely understand why Heb 7 is an explanation for why it's no longer in force today viz ABOLITION OF LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD which needed tithes for it's survival.

I dont know where you got that from.. but re-read your bible again
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 1:55am On Feb 14, 2013
christemmbassey: bro that portion of the bible doesnt need explanation and actually said they should EAT their tith.

Eat their tithes..Hmmn , what about putting at the gate or where it will be chosen?

Reading a portion and ignoring the rest
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Goshen360(m): 1:55am On Feb 14, 2013
potentpraise:

God you know the payment of tithes is necessary and you should go pay your tithes.. You might be owning up-to $30k go to your pastor at Mcarthy or what did you call it again and pay up.. i know people like you are bench warmer and would hardly give offering either

Shatap there grin Haven't I told you what you call 'offering' in worship places is nowhere to be found in the NT? I gave you basis on which we give money to worship gathering weekly when we gather to worship. How man times will I tell you that?
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Goshen360(m): 1:59am On Feb 14, 2013
potentpraise:

You should know that i can not be finished... gidigidi ni mo wa bi icon... Stronger than iroko tree

Shey bi you don sign off the other I.D abi, now na to use another one grin Welldone! You wey I don catch you already grin
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Candour(m): 4:36am On Feb 14, 2013
potentpraise:

I dont know where you got that from.. but re-read your bible again

i've read it and i asked you to expatiate on Deut 14:22-29, you refused.there is also the functions of the levites and priests that made it imperative for them to receive tithes and offerings in Num 18 and i also begged you to check it up but you did not.

Until you study them and ruminate over them,you might not understand ABOLITION OF THE PRIESTHOOD for which tithes was established.

for the records, according to Rom 15:25-27, 1Cor16:1-3, 2Cor 8:1-15, 2Cor 9:1-12 i affirm that giving as enunciated by Paul was solely for the purpose of helping poor and Needy christians primarily @ Jerusalem.It was NEVER done as a religious rite.call it offering,contribution,charity or whatever.It was simply a ONE OFF welfare contribution for THE POOR,not for A PASTOR OR A PRIEST.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 5:25am On Feb 14, 2013
Candour:

i've read it and i asked you to expatiate on Deut 14:22-29, you refused.there is also the functions of the levites and priests that made it imperative for them to receive tithes and offerings in Num 18 and i also begged you to check it up but you did not.

Until you study them and ruminate over them,you might not understand ABOLITION OF THE PRIESTHOOD for which tithes was established.

for the records, according to Rom 15:25-27, 1Cor16:1-3, 2Cor 8:1-15, 2Cor 9:1-12 i affirm that giving as enunciated by Paul was solely for the purpose of helping poor and Needy christians primarily @ Jerusalem.It was NEVER done as a religious rite.call it offering,contribution,charity or whatever.It was simply a ONE OFF welfare contribution for THE POOR,not for A PASTOR OR A PRIEST.

One i think you might be mis-quoating yourself. I don't have that luxury time answering your question, one in part, you might find it hard understanding it, since your mind might not be receptive under a high volatile assumption of the scripture. Also i think you are misplacing fact with content of your scriptural text given.

Here in Mark 6: 7-8, Jesus was sending out his disciples and instructing them not to take money with them and food, can you tell me where you want them to get food if not from the people they were to preached the word of God to?

7 And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits;

8 And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse:

In another passage Luke 10:3-6 He said the same thing

3 Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.

4 Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way.

5 And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.

6 And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.

Also look at Jesus instruction again to his disciples

Matthew 6:25-28

25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

You must have thought that the disciples would have died of hunger.. But Jesus knows that if they were accepted and the peace of God rest in the house, the people will surely give them food, money, cloths and anything needed for their needs and not for their wants...

Finally to buttress my point that the maintanance of pastors, i meant those that are faithful in his service are to be sustained by the church, the people, i mean church members through tithes and offering...

Look at Jesus here eating with with someone he was about to preach the gospel of christ to.. Mark 2:13-17

13 And he went forth again by the sea side; and all the multitude resorted unto him, and he taught them.

14 And as he passed by, he saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the receipt of custom, and said unto him, Follow me. And he arose and followed him.

15 And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat in his house, many publicans and sinners sat also together with Jesus and his disciples: for there were many, and they followed him.

16 And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners?

17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Tithess and offering was not abolished, rather the new commandment that was abolished was updated.. The commandments are thou shall not

the commandment on kill for kill and eye for an eye in old---is now you shall forgive 70 X 70.. and if someone slap your right cheek turn the left cheek is the new commandment
thou shall not convert your neighbor wife, in old ---- fornication and adultery is bad in new testament
thou shall not serve any other God beside me,in old ---- in new it is thou shall love the lord they God with all thy heart
thou shall not maltreat your servant... --- thou shall love thy neighbor
Though shall offer your sacrifice of burnt, peace, sin offerings in old--- --Pray without season and pray for forgiveness, sing psalm and songs to God-- Psalm 22:3 God inhabit the praise of his people--And we can see paul and Silas pray and sing songs
Priest of Aaron the old---- Jesus the new priest
Thithes and offering in the old---- Give alms and as it was written in many places you quoated including Matthew 6:1-2 when jesus was commanding his disciples how to give alms in secret not openly

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

The commandment is updated and therefore also mean its abolished...

If this does not convince you, there is nothing that will and your other believers of tithes abolition
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 5:26am On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360:

Shey bi you don sign off the other I.D abi, now na to use another one grin Welldone! You wey I don catch you already grin

You are just being paranoid because you could not imagine someone tackling your false belief

1 Like

Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 5:28am On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360:

Shatap there grin Haven't I told you what you call 'offering' in worship places is nowhere to be found in the NT? I gave you basis on which we give money to worship gathering weekly when we gather to worship. How man times will I tell you that?

You do not need to tell me shut up, my argument will continue to talk and convince you the more till you admit publicly that i am right..So don't be afraid re-read my comments and get enlighten
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by christemmbassey(m): 7:02am On Feb 14, 2013
potentpraise:

pay ur tith, pay ur tith, what did Goshen buy from you? Or is it a tax? Bro you cant pay God, tith, first fruits, sowing of seeds, harvests are all diff ways of stealing, be warned. Go and work, remove ur eyes from ppl monies. God bless u.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 7:07am On Feb 14, 2013
christemmbassey: pay ur tith, pay ur tith, what did Goshen buy from you? Or is it a tax? Bro you cant pay God, tith, first fruits, sowing of seeds, harvests are all diff ways of stealing, be warned. Go and work, remove ur eyes from ppl monies. God bless u.

lol my fascinating pastor

Here is what tithes is to be used for in that passage you failed to read to the end:

28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:

29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

The levite and member of the church, community, stranger, orphan in the church and outside and they shall eat with the tithes.. meaning that money should be given to them if they need to pay their rent, eat food, buy cloths, sustain their family, get them work etc .... That is the same thing that the alms that is inform of offering which is also tithes i was telling you about is used and should be used for.. No one is advocating for eating the money and no God fearing pastor will take the money and live large on it
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by christemmbassey(m): 7:16am On Feb 14, 2013
potentpraise:

You are just being paranoid because you could not imagine someone tackling your false belief
what is false believe? So if some one refuse to steal its a false believe? Greed bad, hear and hear again, collecting tith is stealing, you must stop it, ur soul is precious, thats why we must tell you the truth, tith=law=death, but Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, just believe and you will be save .

1 Like

Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by christemmbassey(m): 7:23am On Feb 14, 2013
potentpraise:

lol my fascinating pastor

Here is what tithes is to be used for in that passage you failed to read to the end:

28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:

29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

The levite and member of the church, community, stranger, orphan in the church and outside and they shall eat with the tithes.. meaning that money should be given to them if they need to pay their rent, eat food, buy cloths, sustain their family, get them work etc .... That is the same thing that the alms that is inform of offering which is also tithes i was telling you about is used and should be used for.. No one is advocating for eating the money and no God fearing pastor will take the money and live large on it
my beloved brother(pastor?) please answer this very simple question: who is a LEVITE in today's church? Remains blessed.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 8:01am On Feb 14, 2013
christemmbassey: my beloved brother(pastor?) please answer this very simple question: who is a LEVITE in today's church? Remains blessed.

I will be glad to answer you question, however, i need to ask if you are convince by my argument?
If yes then i will tell you that the Levites in the case mentioned in this text is Pastors, ministers and workers in the house of God
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 8:04am On Feb 14, 2013
christemmbassey: what is false believe? So if some one refuse to steal its a false believe? Greed bad, hear and hear again, collecting tith is stealing, you must stop it, ur soul is precious, thats why we must tell you the truth, tith=law=death, but Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, just believe and you will be save .

You guys are just re-establishing my point that tithes and arms and also know as offering is the same and if its was not abolished by the law you mentioned, then tithes are not.
If you call tithes greed, what do you call arms and offering collected... i guess greedy?
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by christemmbassey(m): 9:01am On Feb 14, 2013
potentpraise:

I will be glad to answer you question, however, i need to ask if you are convince by my argument?
If yes then i will tell you that the Levites in the case mentioned in this text is Pastors, ministers and workers in the house of God
thank you very much my brother, i dont want to get into how tith is used because tithing is a BIG ERROR in christianity, especially for those practicing it out of sincere ignorance and we know ignorance is never an excuse. But for those who know but collect tith because of greed its a sin. Christ said 'i"f you knmw the truth, the truth shall make you free". There is no LEVITE in christianity because christianity is not the continuation of jewdaism, Christ was not 'ordained' or did not recieve his priesthood from the then high priest(s) who were ofcourse of the levitical/Aeronous priesthood, again Christ was not from the family of Levi but from Judah so Christ priesthood was like 'a stand alone' not conected at all with levitical/Aeronous priesthood thats why the book of Hebrews described it as a priesthood 'after the order of' Melchizedeck, in other words, 'just like the priesthood of Melchizedeck'. Now the question will be, what was Melchizedeck's priesthood like? Among others it was like this- 1. No begining , no end. 2. He was not ordain by man. 3. He did not hand over to anybody. 4. He did not offer animal sacrifice for himself or anybody. Etc etc etc etc. There is no levite in christianity, Christ is our high priest and all christians are priests- Peter2:9, Rev:1, pls stop collecting tiths, its robbery. Ur blessed.

1 Like

Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Goshen360(m): 2:28pm On Feb 14, 2013
christemmbassey: my beloved brother(pastor?) please answer this very simple question: who is a LEVITE in today's church? Remains blessed.

ANSWER below,
potentpraise:

This is how people promote lies, heresy and error - Levites = pastors, ministers and workers in the house of God WITHOUT ANY BIBLE VERSE THAT SAYS SO OR TO VALIDATE WHAT IS SAID

A biblically sound refutation below....WITH BIBLE VERSES TO VALIDATE THE TRUTH,
christemmbassey: thank you very much my brother, i dont want to get into how tith is used because tithing is a BIG ERROR in christianity, especially for those practicing it out of sincere ignorance and we know ignorance is never an excuse. But for those who know but collect tith because of greed its a sin. Christ said 'i"f you knmw the truth, the truth shall make you free". [b]There is no LEVITE in christianity because christianity is not the continuation of jewdaism, Christ was not 'ordained' or did not recieve his priesthood from the then high priest(s) who were ofcourse of the levitical/Aeronous priesthood, again Christ was not from the family of Levi but from Judah so Christ priesthood was like 'a stand alone' not conected at all with levitical/Aeronous priesthood thats why the book of Hebrews described it as a priesthood 'after the order of' Melchizedeck, in other words, 'just like the priesthood of Melchizedeck'. Now the question will be, what was Melchizedeck's priesthood like? Among others it was like this- 1. No begining , no end. 2. He was not ordain by man. 3. He did not hand over to anybody. 4. He did not offer animal sacrifice for himself or anybody. Etc etc etc etc. There is no levite in christianity, Christ is our high priest and all christians are priests- Peter2:9, Rev:1, pls stop collecting tiths, its robbery. Ur blessed. [/b]

^
God bless you man of God! As we continue to ask them questions for the reason why tithe MUST continue for Christians, they will further be exposed because the truth will always expose falsehood! Glory to God.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Candour(m): 6:34pm On Feb 14, 2013
potentpraise:

One i think you might be mis-quoating yourself. I don't have that luxury time answering your question, one in part, you might find it hard understanding it, since your mind might not be receptive under a high volatile assumption of the scripture. Also i think you are misplacing fact with content of your scriptural text given.

Here in Mark 6: 7-8, Jesus was sending out his disciples and instructing them not to take money with them and food, can you tell me where you want them to get food if not from the people they were to preached the word of God to?

7 And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits;

8 And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse:

In another passage Luke 10:3-6 He said the same thing

3 Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.

4 Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way.

5 And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.

6 And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.

Also look at Jesus instruction again to his disciples

Matthew 6:25-28

25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

You must have thought that the disciples would have died of hunger.. But Jesus knows that if they were accepted and the peace of God rest in the house, the people will surely give them food, money, cloths and anything needed for their needs and not for their wants...

Finally to buttress my point that the maintanance of pastors, i meant those that are faithful in his service are to be sustained by the church, the people, i mean church members through tithes and offering...

Look at Jesus here eating with with someone he was about to preach the gospel of christ to.. Mark 2:13-17

13 And he went forth again by the sea side; and all the multitude resorted unto him, and he taught them.

14 And as he passed by, he saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the receipt of custom, and said unto him, Follow me. And he arose and followed him.

15 And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat in his house, many publicans and sinners sat also together with Jesus and his disciples: for there were many, and they followed him.

16 And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners?

17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Tithess and offering was not abolished, rather the new commandment that was abolished was updated.. The commandments are thou shall not

the commandment on kill for kill and eye for an eye in old---is now you shall forgive 70 X 70.. and if someone slap your right cheek turn the left cheek is the new commandment
thou shall not convert your neighbor wife, in old ---- fornication and adultery is bad in new testament
thou shall not serve any other God beside me,in old ---- in new it is thou shall love the lord they God with all thy heart
thou shall not maltreat your servant... --- thou shall love thy neighbor
Though shall offer your sacrifice of burnt, peace, sin offerings in old--- --Pray without season and pray for forgiveness, sing psalm and songs to God-- Psalm 22:3 God inhabit the praise of his people--And we can see paul and Silas pray and sing songs
Priest of Aaron the old---- Jesus the new priest
Thithes and offering in the old---- Give alms and as it was written in many places you quoated including Matthew 6:1-2 when jesus was commanding his disciples how to give alms in secret not openly

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

The commandment is updated and therefore also mean its abolished...

If this does not convince you, there is nothing that will and your other believers of tithes abolition

Exactly the point @potentpraise.check through all the verses you quoted,YOU'LL NEVER FIND TITHES.That's what we've been saying since.No one ever said to starve pastors or not to give to them but what the gospel of grace of our lord Jesus Christ is against is dictating 10% to the children of God.Apostle Paul sustained himself by his tent making(Acts 18:3 and Acts 20:33-35) and when he was arrested and awaiting trial,he received gifts(NOT TITHES) from some churches notably the Philipian church.Apostle Peter and Apostle James were nourished by the churches but it wasn't by tithes(i'm sure you know this) since they didn't belong to the tribe of levi and they were still operating in Jerusalem as jews(Acts 15:1-7, Acts 21:20).

Apostle Paul though he didn't insist on pay however made a case for payment of church leaders even elders(1Tim 5:17-18) but please TITHE was not mentioned as source of this payment.If your church members agree to give you their entire salary,by all means let them do it from a willing heart.however you'll need to examine your conscience as a pastor if you consider the gospel as a business that should enable you live like the CEO of a secular enterprise.You came into this world with nothing and you're going with nothing.If you want a bling bling life,get a job in a multinational or join politics and stop burdening christians redeemed by the blood of the lamb.

Stop threatening God's children with devourers and hell fire by quoting Mal 3:8-10.We are gentile christians saved by Grace and not children of isreal under Mosaic law(obligated to feed levites).

I enjoy the civility of this discussion,pls let's keep it that way.

God bless you plenty
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by christemmbassey(m): 8:55pm On Feb 14, 2013
Candour:

Exactly the point @potentpraise.check through all the verses you quoted,YOU'LL NEVER FIND TITHES.That's what we've been saying since.No one ever said to starve pastors or not to give to them but what the gospel of grace of our lord Jesus Christ is against is dictating 10% to the children of God.Apostle Paul sustained himself by his tent making(Acts 18:3 and Acts 20:33-35) and when he was arrested and awaiting trial,he received gifts(NOT TITHES) from some churches notably the Philipian church.Apostle Peter and Apostle James were nourished by the churches but it wasn't by tithes(i'm sure you know this) since they didn't belong to the tribe of levi and they were still operating in Jerusalem as jews(Acts 15:1-7, Acts 21:20).

Apostle Paul though he didn't insist on pay however made a case for payment of church leaders even elders(1Tim 5:17-18) but please TITHE was not mentioned as source of this payment.If your church members agree to give you their entire salary,by all means let them do it from a willing heart.however you'll need to examine your conscience as a pastor if you consider the gospel as a business that should enable you live like the CEO of a secular enterprise.You came into this world with nothing and you're going with nothing.If you want a bling bling life,get a job in a multinational or join politics and stop burdening christians redeemed by the blood of the lamb.

Stop threatening God's children with devourers and hell fire by quoting Mal 3:8-10.We are gentile christians saved by Grace and not children of isreal under Mosaic law(obligated to feed levites).

I enjoy the civility of this discussion,pls let's keep it that way.

God bless you plenty
God will continue to increase his wisdom his wisdom in you. Stay blessed. War on tith collectors in Nl untill they repent.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Image123(m): 9:18pm On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360: ^
Gosh, you don't know what you are doing. How then can you know what i am doing? Don't allow the devourer to whisper cunning ideas into your ears. You need to give those tithes asap.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Goshen360(m): 9:33pm On Feb 14, 2013
Image123:
Gosh, you don't know what you are doing. How then can you know what i am doing? Don't allow the devourer to whisper cunning ideas into your ears. You need to give those tithes asap.

I KNOW for sure say you no fit vex for me even if I open ya yansh for this forum. Abi you no be my brother again ni grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Most Powerful Pastor In Nigeria / 3 Days Fasting And Prayers Challenge With Prayer Points. / Should A Christian Hotelier Allow Unmarried Couples To Lodge In A Room?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.