Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,331 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? (6638 Views)

Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 10:01pm On Feb 12, 2013
Goshen360:

What am I selecting? Nothing! I said, Lot was part of the ALL that Abraham recovered. Is that not?

And he brought back all the goods, and also brought again his brother Lot, and his goods, and the women also, and the people.

If Lot was part of the ALL that was recovered, then that is taken as Abraham's 100% income. I'm still trying to let you see that TENTH doesn't EQUAL TITHE.

Now, Abraham has 100% from war right and the tithe according to your definition is 10%, which is 10 in this case. Right!

Now, take Lot and his goods out of the 100%. Saying we're left with 80% (taken out of the whole 100%)

Now, your initial definition of tithe would have been 10 taken the 100% of income BUT by 'tenth part'. The servants of Abraham had taken or eaten some parts, lots and his goods is out (from the same 100%) Abraham then gave 'tenth' part from the remaining of the division - THAT IS NOT TITHE ANYMORE, because from what the tithe was given or paid had reduced from 100% to say 75%. What Abraham was giving then was 'tenth' part of the 75 remaining percent.

You are trying to believe what you want.. This is another scenario..

A man work and at the end of his two weeks he got a paycheck, lets say $100.. His actual total earn income was not $100 but let say the government has taken $20 for tax, EI, Medical, IN etc and the money he has in his hand is $100 but total made before tax was $120 you can not say he should pay $20 tithes because its not part of what he can spend, nor is it under the doctrine of tithing. The doctrine of tithing which also meant tenth percent of what you earn means Abraham took all and paid tithes of all that he could pay tithes on, which does not include the men that went with him to war, Lot and his family, including his slave, but the property of those that took Lots and his house hold captive which include their women, goats, cattle, gold, silver, brass, food and their slaves..

Mr Goshen, you are shifting from tithes has been abolished to Tithes is different from Tenth percent, please know that God is the best mathematicians and knows what he is talking about and the writer of Hebrew who is Paul is not a novice too, but an educated man, who must have vert and analyze the book of Moses before writing about it. So you can not be smarter than them even if you have triple PhDs which i doubt you have even 1.

So just rest your argument because it holds no water but leaking lots of fluids.. sorry i have to be sincere with you grin
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Snowwy: 10:06pm On Feb 12, 2013
@Goshen, no I did not run off, I meant I would not stay to discuss tithe especially with you as you claim to know better.
I explain tithe, go check my past threads, I do not force or tell people to pay. Infact the mindset you hve about it, will not aid you so why bother.
I never said you raised fresh topics, I was talking generally that rasing fresh topics on tithe will not make people give or not, with all the discusion on tithe so far on NL, anyone with a willing mind should just read through. So going into discussion especially with the way you have brought up what I have past expained to you, is of no use, infact it has even become a joke to you.

I do not have a biased mind against you but I am careful reading your posts, I even commented on a topic you raised today so my mind is free but cautious that's all.

Ofcourse you can discuss away, I comment on what I want and leave when I want to not 'run away'. In this case, the OP has stated his question which was not 'why tithe?'.

Just be careful what you claim to know because a lot of times you just speak your opinion and not God's.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Goshen360(m): 10:14pm On Feb 12, 2013
potentpraise:

A man work and at the end of his two weeks he got a paycheck, lets say $100.. His actual total earn income was not $100 but let say the government has taken $20 for tax, EI, Medical, IN etc and the money he has in his hand is $100 but total made before tax was $120 you can not say he should pay $20 tithes because its not part of what he can spend, nor is it under the doctrine of tithing. The doctrine of tithing which also meant tenth percent of what you earn means Abraham took all and paid tithes of all that he could pay tithes on, which does not include the men that went with him to war, Lot and his family, including his slave, but the property of those that took Lots and his house hold captive which include their women, goats, cattle, gold, silver, brass, food and their slaves..

Okay, given your analysis compared to that of Abraham. You can say Abraham tithed from whatever is left which you even agree from the highlight above those things were NOT his 'personal' properties. Why do you people draw compulsory tithing from what Abraham did which wasn't even tithed from his 'personal' properties or increase?

potentpraise:

Mr Goshen, you are shifting from tithes has been abolished to Tithes is different from Tenth percent, please know that God is the best mathematicians and knows what he is talking about and the writer of Hebrew who is Paul is not a novice too, but an educated man, who must have vert and analyze the book of Moses before writing about it. So you can not be smarter than them even if you have triple PhDs which i doubt you have even 1.

So just rest your argument because it holds no water but leaking lots of fluids.. sorry i have to be sincere with you grin

Okay, since you think I'm shifting now. Let's go back to the main issue then. Your answers then was the priesthood was the one that was abolished but verse 5 says they have commandment and that commandment is TO TAKE TITHE. It is NOT commadment to ESTABLISH PRIESTHOOD. When the commandment is annulled, what was cancelled? Priesthood?
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Goshen360(m): 10:21pm On Feb 12, 2013
Snowwy: @Goshen, no I did not run off, I meant I would not stay to discuss tithe especially with you as you claim to know better.
I explain tithe, go check my past threads, I do not force or tell people to pay. Infact the mindset you hve about it, will not aid you so why bother.
I never said you raised fresh topics, I was talking generally that rasing fresh topics on tithe will not make people give or not, with all the discusion on tithe so far on NL, anyone with a willing mind should just read through. So going into discussion especially with the way you have brought up what I have past expained to you, is of no use, infact it has even become a joke to you.

I do not have a biased mind against you but I am careful reading your posts, I even commented on a topic you raised today so my mind is free but cautious that's all.

Ofcourse you can discuss away, I comment on what I want and leave when I want to not 'run away'. In this case, the OP has stated his question which was not 'why tithe?'.

Just be careful what you claim to know because a lot of times you just speak your opinion and not God's.

I hear you brother. If you're not going to discuss tithing, then I will advice you don't come into tithing thread. When you come in, then you should be ready to discuss. It doesn't matter whether we've talked it 10 times or not - faith comes by hearing. It's like saying when we preach salvation once, we shouldn't talk about it anymore. Tithe happens to be a controversial topic and you know that.

Well, you said I speak my opinion but you people NEVER answer a simple question and yet, you said tithing still valid for NT Christians. Do you care to also answer my simple question?

1 Like

Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by dorox(m): 10:23pm On Feb 12, 2013
FrontPageLawyer: Will God accept tithes and offerings from looters and criminals?

If by God you mean pastors the evidence before us suggest that 'he' would accept whatever comes 'his' way, be it from the very poor or looters of public funds or outright criminals nothing is too small or too dirty to fuel pastor 'Gods' extravagant lifestyle.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 10:23pm On Feb 12, 2013
Goshen360:

Okay, given your analysis compared to that of Abraham. You can say Abraham tithed from whatever is left which you even agree from the highlight above those things were NOT his 'personal' properties. Why do you people draw compulsory tithing from what Abraham did which wasn't even tithed from his 'personal' properties or increase?

There is no doubt that you are manupulating yourself. Tithes is taken from what you earn. You are so funny. It like making $100 and you paid 10% which is your tithes and something happened picky pocket guy came and took it away from you. The moment you realized, you went to call your brother and your brother went with you because he has big chest and he is a military boxer so he boxed the guy and help you retrieved your $90 and then collected all the money that the picky pocket guy has collected from others and then gave you back your money and the other money he collected from the guy that pick your pocket was divided into 10 places and he gave one as his tithes which is also his 10th. Would you have given him back your $90, i know you, first thing you will do his to ask him first of your $90 before he even say thank you lord i boxed that guy badly with your help.

Goshen360:

Okay, since you think I'm shifting now. Let's go back to the main issue then. Your answers then was the priesthood was the one that was abolished but verse 5 says they have commandment and that commandment is TO TAKE TITHE. It is NOT commadment to ESTABLISH PRIESTHOOD. When the commandment is annulled, what was cancelled? Priesthood?
I am not going back with you on a topic that i have trashed, even a novice can attest to that fact. So if you do not really have anything to do, go back and re-read what i have written. If that is too hard, go and pray to God so he gives you clear mind and understanding to understand his scripture.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Goshen360(m): 10:29pm On Feb 12, 2013
potentpraise:

I am not going back with you on a topic that i have trashed, even a novice can attest to that fact. So if you do not really have anything to do, go back and re-read what i have written. If that is too hard, go and pray to God so he gives you clear mind and understanding to understand his scripture.

Because you lied in your answers and I want people to read you will.

Scriptures says, commandment = RECEIVE TITHE. You said, commandment = PRIESTHOOD. What kind of manipulation is that? And you want me to leave you alone? Nbanu! Thank God for Hebrews 7 that exposes all you tithe teachers.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 10:34pm On Feb 12, 2013
Goshen360:

Because you lied in your answers and I want people to read you will.

Scriptures says, commandment = RECEIVE TITHE. You said, commandment = PRIESTHOOD. What kind of manipulation is that? And you want me to leave you alone? Nbanu! Thank God for Hebrews 7 that exposes all you tithe teachers.

Can i ask you a question, when did you write you GEC, WAEC, NECO or School Cert?
Also did you do well in English language?

You should know if 10 people argue to a single direction against your single opinion, they can not all be fool. Everybody has told you and they are still telling you. If you have a pastor go and show him or your spiritual father, so he can teach you.

The only thing that make a man honorable is admitting fault and i would have hope you have that quality because people attest to the fact that you are quick to apologies, but you are not quick to perceived that you are making a mistake? "
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Goshen360(m): 10:38pm On Feb 12, 2013
potentpraise:

Can i ask you a question, when did you write you GEC, WAEC, NECO or School Cert?

Yes, I did. Scored c4 in my English. Do I look like someone who don't understand English? Does that answer your questions?
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 10:41pm On Feb 12, 2013
Goshen360:

Yes, I did. Scored c4 in my English. Do I look like someone who don't understand English? Does that answer your questions?

Yes i am impressed, but i think you have small ego if you have C4 and still argue blindly.. I noticed you want to serve God, God loves humble people willing to admit and not argue their way before God.. God said its tithes you say its tenth
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Goshen360(m): 10:42pm On Feb 12, 2013
potentpraise:

You should know if 10 people argue to a single direction against your single opinion, they can not all be fool. Everybody has told you and they are still telling you. If you have a pastor go and show him or your spiritual father, so he can teach you.

Does that mean you're also telling us what your pastor told you? I don't need no pastor to teach me God's word. I study by the Help of Holy Spirit. I'm showing you a different thing you're saying from what scriptures said. We're NOT under the law. Why do you people want to keep us under the law....so you can keep telling Christians to tithe?
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Goshen360(m): 10:44pm On Feb 12, 2013
potentpraise:

Yes i am impressed, but i think you have small ego if you have C4 and still argue blindly.. I noticed you want to serve God, God loves humble people willing to admit and not argue their way before God.. God said its tithes you say its tenth

Okay, let's agree to disagree. Let's say it's a play on words or usage interchangeably. Now, let's go to these questions,

Are we under the law for us to tithe according to the law? Let's take it one after the other.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 10:48pm On Feb 12, 2013
Goshen360:

Does that mean you're also telling us what your pastor told you? I don't need no pastor to teach me God's word. I study by the Help of Holy Spirit. I'm showing you a different thing you're saying from what scriptures said. We're NOT under the law. Why do you people want to keep us under the law....so you can keep telling Christians to tithe?

I don't have pastor that i receive teaching under.. But i have God that teach me all things.. I mentioned pastor because, he could teach you something and if you have one, you must have trust his judgement and compare what i am telling you to what he will tell you.. so if its the same that means you should listen and stop arguing
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 10:54pm On Feb 12, 2013
Goshen360:

Okay, let's agree to disagree. Let's say it's a play on words or usage interchangeably. Now, let's go to these questions,

Are we under the law for us to tithe according to the law? Let's take it one after the other.

We are not under the law and also the abolishment of the Law does not necessarily mean all have been cancelled, but some of the specific things like sacrifice of burnt, peace, trespass and sin offerings. Also the Aaronic priesthood has been abolish, but most of the other things are intact. For instant, paying of thither, you should not kill, you should not convert your neighbors wife, you should not steal from your neighbor, you should keep the Sabbath day holy, you should not lie or bear false witness all these are part of Moses commandments that the New Testament still uphold.

You should not worship other gods but the Almighty God its still valid today... because there is an update to a particular application does that mean the application is not valid after the update?
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by delkuf(m): 10:57pm On Feb 12, 2013
[quote
author=potentpraise]

We are not under the law and also the abolishment of the Law does not
necessarily mean all have been cancelled, but some of the specific
things like sacrifice of burnt, peace, trespass and sin offerings. Also
the Aaronic priesthood has been abolish, but most of the other things
are intact. For instant, paying of thither, you should not kill, you
should not convert your neighbors wife, you should not steal from your
neighbor, you should keep the Sabbath day holy, you should not lie or
bear false witness all these are part of Moses commandments that the New
Testament still uphold.

You should not worship other gods but the Almighty God its still valid
today... because there is an update to a particular application does
that mean the application is not valid after the update? [/quote]God bless u, sir. This has been a confusing issue in my life for some month.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Goshen360(m): 11:07pm On Feb 12, 2013
@ potentpraise

You're not saying what is plainly said. You need to read that verse 16 from different translations. It was talking about the requirements for being a Levitical Priesthood. Verse 5 clearly points to 'commandment to RECEIVE tithes' NOT requirements to qualify as a levitical priesthood. When verse 18 cancells 'the commandment' it MUST be inclusive and\or not limited 'commandment to take tithe' because verse 5 was very specific and already told us the commandment was 'to take tithe'. But you're here saying the 'commandment' was to establish levitical priesthood. That's twisting God's word!

You know I haven't asked you what your score was in comprehension as it relates to English language grin
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Goshen360(m): 11:18pm On Feb 12, 2013
potentpraise:

We are not under the law and also the abolishment of the Law does not necessarily mean all have been cancelled, but some of the specific things like sacrifice of burnt, peace, trespass and sin offerings. Also the Aaronic priesthood has been abolish, but most of the other things are intact. For instant, paying of thither, you should not kill, you should not convert your neighbors wife, you should not steal from your neighbor, you should keep the Sabbath day holy, you should not lie or bear false witness all these are part of Moses commandments that the New Testament still uphold.

You should not worship other gods but the Almighty God its still valid today... because there is an update to a particular application does that mean the application is not valid after the update?

I know it's partial law keepers that often teach tithing. Seriously, I know it. When God cancells the law, He cancells everything! The condition attached to the law was keep all or none. When you're trying to keep some, and break other, then you're guilty of all. That's the condition for keeping the law.

All the things you mentioned that still exist today such as not killing, coveting neigbour's wife, stealing etc are ALL given to us based on the new testament because the law of God was no longer written on stones but in our heart. When Christians don't do all of those things, it wasn't because the law said so but because we have it in the NT. People also kill even when they have those laws.

There's absolutely no where the NT teaches that Christian should tithe. It is according to the law and none of the Apostles ever taught the early Christians to tithe. Besides, Christians don't keep sabbath like the Jews.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Zikkyy(m): 11:26pm On Feb 12, 2013
potentpraise:

So you are now the one deciding what has been abolished and what stays? Na wa o.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 11:30pm On Feb 12, 2013
delkuf: God bless u, sir. This has been a confusing issue in my life for some month.

Amen and Thank you very much for being blessed through this forum. May God continue to bless you and teach you his word the more.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 11:31pm On Feb 12, 2013
Zikkyy:

So you are now the one deciding what has been abolished and what stays? Na wa o.

You are back again, you brother Goshen has agreed with me that tithes still reign supreme in our christian lives.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Goshen360(m): 11:31pm On Feb 12, 2013
Zikkyy:

No mind our brother. When scriptures says the entire law had been abolished. He said, some are abolished while some remained. We have problem in the body of Christ o
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 11:38pm On Feb 12, 2013
Goshen360:

I know it's partial law keepers that often teach tithing. Seriously, I know it. When God cancells the law, He cancells everything! The condition attached to the law was keep all or none. When you're trying to keep some, and break other, then you're guilty of all. That's the condition for keeping the law.

All the things you mentioned that still exist today such as not killing, coveting neigbour's wife, stealing etc are ALL given to us based on the new testament because the law of God was no longer written on stones but in our heart. When Christians don't do all of those things, it wasn't because the law said so but because we have it in the NT. People also kill even when they have those laws.

Good, now i see you are learning... You must be a good student

Goshen360:

There's absolutely no where the NT teaches that Christian should tithe. It is according to the law and none of the Apostles ever taught the early Christians to tithe. Besides, Christians don't keep sabbath like the Jews.

Where did you get that from.. Haven't you learned from what happened in Act 2:45-46

"45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,"
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Goshen360(m): 11:40pm On Feb 12, 2013
potentpraise:

You are back again, you brother Goshen has agreed with me that tithes still reign supreme in our christian lives.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, what kind of cajole is this? grin Where did I agree? Me? Where? When? How? Bros, I tire for you o grin
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Zikkyy(m): 11:40pm On Feb 12, 2013
potentpraise:

Yes, for those that chose to live in bondage.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Snowwy: 11:40pm On Feb 12, 2013
@Goshen,
When I say you make allegations you will deny. What is the meaning of you people Never? You ask questions that ate answered but because you just have shut your mind, you say its not answered? I can see you have resorted to lieing as well.

Post the simple question and let me see if you have not been answered already.
We can discuss just like Paul did in the synagogue but if scriptural references are not enough for you, you need to check yourself.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 11:40pm On Feb 12, 2013
Goshen360:

No mind our brother. When scriptures says the entire law had been abolished. He said, some are abolished while some remained. We have problem in the body of Christ o

You see there are many thing you need clarification on. Also i saw that you don't have a pastor or spiritual mentor, i think you need to have one.
The bible is to complex for you and don't expect God to teach you everything. He wants you to learn from others, then you compare your bible one after the other.

First i need to teach you many things, but i can not teach a student who have refused to learn even before the teacher opens his mouth.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Goshen360(m): 11:42pm On Feb 12, 2013
potentpraise:

Where did you get that from.. Haven't you learned from what happened in Act 2:45-46

"45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,"

And where does the text 'suggest' or says THEY TITHED
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 11:43pm On Feb 12, 2013
Goshen360: @ potentpraise

You're not saying what is plainly said. You need to read that verse 16 from different translations. It was talking about the requirements for being a Levitical Priesthood. Verse 5 clearly points to 'commandment to RECEIVE tithes' NOT requirements to qualify as a levitical priesthood. When verse 18 cancells 'the commandment' it MUST be inclusive and\or not limited 'commandment to take tithe' because verse 5 was very specific and already told us the commandment was 'to take tithe'. But you're here saying the 'commandment' was to establish levitical priesthood. That's twisting God's word!

5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

I told you earlier that Paul had to use comparison with what Aaron and his sons who are priest did and what happened even before Aaron was chosen as a priest when Abraham gave his tithes to Melchisedec.

You just need to go back to read my write up again, because i think you are overwhelmed with my response and also distracted with the Tithes and Offering thread. If you teach a student and he did not understand, he needs to repeat the class or take the class again. Since i have taught you and you dont understand because you never study your book, then you should be disciplined to re-read your book by going to the begining of this thread and read all my response one after the other. BE A GOOD STUDENT

Goshen360:

You know I haven't asked you what your score was in comprehension as it relates to English language grin

By now you should have denote that i am either a Phd holder or a professor of theology experience enough to have you in my theology classes
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Goshen360(m): 11:49pm On Feb 12, 2013
Snowwy: @Goshen,
When I say you make allegations you will deny. What is the meaning of you people Never? You ask questions that ate answered but because you just have shut your mind, you say its not answered? I can see you have resorted to lieing as well.

Post the simple question and let me see if you have not been answered already.
We can discuss just like Paul did in the synagogue but if scriptural references are not enough for you, you need to check yourself.

Okay. Thank God you are here to answer and don't tell me it's already answered because what was already answered is what I'm still questioning.

The question is, Hebrews 7:5 says the levites have commandment to TAKE TITHES. Verse 18 says, the commandment is cancelled.....Question, Will the cancellation also include 'to take tithe' or will the cancellation in verse 18 also include but not limited to the commandment to take tithe YES or NO?

That's my question. And don't bother about if I had resort to lying or not.... cool
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 11:49pm On Feb 12, 2013
Goshen360:

And where does the text 'suggest' or says THEY TITHED

If you are looking for a specific word then you will sleep on this topic till next 100 years
But to buttress my point that it was not cancelled lets look at what Jesus Said...Mark 12:41-44

41 And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.

42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.

43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:

44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 11:51pm On Feb 12, 2013
Zikkyy:

Yes, for those that chose to live in bondage.

For those that want to live in abundance and wouldn't want to live in penury. The case of how tithes is managed is another thing, but you must pay your tithes
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Goshen360(m): 11:56pm On Feb 12, 2013
potentpraise:

If you are looking for a specific word then you will sleep on this topic till next 100 years
But to buttress my point that it was not cancelled lets look at what Jesus Said...Mark 12:41-44

41 And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.

42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.

43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:

44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

So the text in Hebrews doesn't specifically mention tithe? Why won't I look for specific word 'tithe' and yet you're quoting a text in Acts that doesn't talk about tithe at all. By the way, since you're the PH.D holder here, how does the scriptures quoted referred to tithe or tithing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

If The Soul Is Immaterial How Does It Experience The 'heat' Of Hell ? / There Are Different Callings In God. Stop Judging One Another. We Be Brethren. / Most Powerful Pastor In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.