Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Marriage Proposal After Four Days - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Proposal After Four Days (2584 Views)

Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor / See How Nigerian Girl Rejected Guy's Proposal After Collecting His IPHONE 6 / This Bridesmaid Got A “surprise” Marriage Proposal After Catching The Bouquet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Proposal After Four Days by uptowngirl(f): 3:24pm On Mar 12, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi All,
i'm a regular here but im sorry i just feel more comfortable posting this under an unknown identity thats y i registered under this name some fews days ago.well the problem is a friend of mine met a guy and four days later he's asking her to marry him.she accepted and the introduction is around the corner.Now,she says she's worried she might be making a mistake,
my fears are,i don't see why d guy should be in such a hurry hence i think he's up to something.she's just 25 and he's in his early 30's.they just met for crying out loud!can't he wait to get to know her?they arnt sleeping together,he says they should wait till after the wedding.well its not like im loose but its rather unbelievable that a nigerian guy would say such.its not like she told him she's a virgin.
please wot do u guys think?i'm i being just over suspicious or there's something to worry about?every contribution will be welcomed.
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by Busta(f): 3:25pm On Mar 12, 2008
He must have been so desperate for proposing to her after only met her 4 days earlier.
Secondly, she is so damn stupid and a fool for accepting proposal from some guy she barely knew
Third, both of them are numb-skulls for rushing into marriage.

She can still accept his proposal to marry him but not rush into the marriage immediately. They both seem desperate and kind of insecured. They can still be engaged, go on more dates and get to know each other and then arrange the wedding for at least a year later.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by Easybaby(f): 3:27pm On Mar 12, 2008
Third, both of them are numb-skulls for rushing into marriage

Fourth, one of them is dumb for rushing into marriage cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by efuah(f): 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2008
@Busta, word.
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by sagitarius(m): 5:27pm On Mar 12, 2008
terrible, just 4 days? wow!
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by hollandis(f): 5:34pm On Mar 12, 2008
My dear it's just a mere introduction.A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage.

BTW If they fix their marriage for the year,speak some sense into her hypothalamus
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by sammy6(m): 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2008
Well you really can't say oh.In the olding days some folks did not meet each other until their wedding day.The guy must be under pressure to get married and he may delibrately insist on not getting to know her well because he may feel the more you get to know one another,the slimmer the chances may be.Well my only advice for your friend is that she should get as much information about the guy from people who know him.
Quite frankly,marriage is not an institution that one should rush into,but pple please give them a break
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by bluesky4(f): 5:45pm On Mar 12, 2008
wierd as it may seem, i understand the guy's motive for wanting to get married quick, he's not getting younger and his family might be putting pressure on him. However, is the girl that desperate to accept after 4 days of knowing each other
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by sweetTai(m): 5:51pm On Mar 12, 2008
@Uptowngirl

He proposes to you after 4 days? That tells you what kind of man he is. Don't you just wonder how many more girls he has proposed to like that? $ days?? That brother really got me laughing. Does he smoke??
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by kolaoloye(m): 5:56pm On Mar 12, 2008
10 years of engagement does not guarantee happiness/security in marriage.
It is an institution ordained by God. Let us rejoice with them and support them
        with our prayers.MAY GOD GUARD AND GUIDE THEM (amen)
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by TOYOSI20(f): 9:49pm On Mar 12, 2008
@ Topic,

What can I say, Good Luck to them,

They most likely will be needing all the LUCK in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by Radiant(f): 10:02pm On Mar 12, 2008
uptowngirl:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi All,
i'm a regular here but im sorry i just feel more comfortable posting this under an unknown identity thats y i registered under this name some fews days ago.well the problem is a friend of mine met a guy and four days later he's asking her to marry him.she accepted and the introduction is around the corner.Now,she says she's worried she might be making a mistake,
my fears are,i don't see why d guy should be in such a hurry hence i think he's up to something.she's just 25 and he's in his early 30's.they just met for crying out loud!can't he wait to get to know her?they arnt sleeping together,he says they should wait till after the wedding.well its not like im loose but its rather unbelievable that a nigerian guy would say such.its not like she told him she's a virgin.
please wot do u guys think?i'm i being just over suspicious [/b]or there's something to worry about?every contribution will be welcomed.

[b]OP
, I wonder why u can't admit you're the 'victim'. Give it some time, please.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by tommyex(m): 10:04pm On Mar 12, 2008
I have never heard of such,not even in our Home videos where the incredible happens.

Are they trying out GUINESS book of records?Or are they high on lust,cos i dont get it
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by uptowngirl(f): 8:28am On Mar 13, 2008
@radiant
not everyone lies with accustomed ease ok.if i was the victim,trust me i'll say so.u be my mama?abi u go beat me?
to everyone else that has contributed,thanks alot.i spoke with my friend last night and the introduction is during d easter break.well i'm not going to try to convince her otherwise,though i think she deserves more than she's settling for.i hope it works out,
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by LordReed(m): 8:45am On Mar 13, 2008
I really hope so too for both their sakes cos like people have said b4 this aint sometin that should be rushed 4 heavens sake the guy could b a wife beater for all she knows. I'll want u to advise her to speak wit his siblings n probe them very well as well as his friends. If there is anytin that she cant deal wit is beta she finds out now not wen she's in there.
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by 2dye4(m): 8:58am On Mar 13, 2008
its no biggie for her to accept a proposal and get engaged, but to rush into a marriage rite away? i mean, its 4ever & ever & ever & ever, so whats d rush about?
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by amuki: 10:18am On Mar 13, 2008
Busta,
To you everybody is a dumbskull,null brain.Na waoh! grin grin grin
Anyway,I think they should take things easy.As for UPTOWN GIRL,I think you formed your opinion too early concerning Nigerian men.I wonder if you know that Nigerian men can be true christians with good moral background.
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by uptowngirl(f): 11:05am On Mar 13, 2008
@amuki,
hi,dont get me wrong ok.im not saying that all nigerian men are bad or dnt av good moral background.it's just that most are.i'm sorry! besides this guy doesnt strike me like the kinda guy that holds such moral values,
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by hammers(m): 11:39am On Mar 13, 2008
@poster

Hope 4 d best expect the worst!!!

Case 1

This handsome wealthy guy came from oversees for an official leave and partially in search of a good wife.
Luckily he met this astonishing beautiful and decent girl. Beyond anyones' expectation they got Madly in love and
Got married within a month.
This is the sixth year and they are still hapily married.

Case 2

A couple of years back this female banker who has had several disapointments met this desperate wealthy customer
who wanted nothing but a speedy marriage with the excuse that he was ageing.Under 2 months they got married.(a court marriage)

After 8 months. a bomb shell was released . the husband was epileptic and was under medication. The major trouble is however not that of epilepsy but the fact that the drugs taken by the husband has rendered him impotent!!!!

So expect the worst!
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by talk2sulta: 11:52am On Mar 13, 2008
@topic
my take on it is that there is no need to rush.she might end up f**king with the wrong nigga.or maybe the guy has been observing the girl closely for sometime without her knowledge.but the girl should also get to know him or is she above 35 grin grin.if she is,she should grab the opportunity with her hands and legs as this might be the last bus to ojuelegba grin grin
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 13, 2008
desperado meets desperado - end of story!

na wa for naija - na so husband/wife dey scarce? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by jintujinta(m): 12:22pm On Mar 13, 2008
hammers:

@poster

Hope 4 d best expect the worst!!!

Case 1

This handsome wealthy guy came from oversees for an official leave and partially in search of a good wife.
Luckily he met this astonishing beautiful and decent girl. Beyond anyones' expectation they got Madly in love and
Got married within a month.
This is the sixth year and they are still hapily married.

Case 2

A couple of years back this female banker who has had several disapointments met this desperate wealthy customer
who wanted nothing but a speedy marriage with the excuse that he was ageing.Under 2 months they got married.(a court marriage)

After 8 months. a bomb shell was released . the husband was epileptic and was under medication. The major trouble is however not that of epilepsy but the fact that the drugs taken by the husband has rendered him impotent!!!!

So expect the worst!

Hmmm, this life!

@Poster
Hmm 4days is sure too short but their feelings for each other may be true. Nevertheless, its too risky because even a year is not sufficient to discover the real person of an individual. Anyway, i dont kno what to say. I wish them all the best. But should there be any hidden agenda like impotency, HIV/AIDS, epilepsy or any worse scenario, the guy should be hanged and the lady banned from entering into any marital relationship for the rest of her life shocked
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by Omonunu2u(f): 12:53pm On Mar 13, 2008
hi all,

i do not get it pls are u telling me that the man asked her to marry him in just 4 days. and the girl said yes. plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by igbi: 12:56pm On Mar 13, 2008
A lady in my office met a guy,and barely three months her wedding card was out and everybody was suprised,she was 32 and we understand age was not on her side the weding was in Nov and in Dec the story of her death was all over network news and newsline,her so called husband of 4weeks murdered her in cold blood, lets be careful in the type of people we go that far with.
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by Gamine(f): 1:02pm On Mar 13, 2008
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by iice(f): 1:05pm On Mar 13, 2008
Na wah. . .
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by Easybaby(f): 1:08pm On Mar 13, 2008
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry.
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by darlingD(m): 1:10pm On Mar 13, 2008
too bad. cry
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by jintujinta(m): 1:26pm On Mar 13, 2008
igbi:

A lady in my office met a guy,and barely three months her wedding card was out and everybody was suprised,she was 32 and we understand age was not on her side the weding was in Nov and in Dec the story of her death was all over network news and newsline,her so called husband of 4weeks murdered her in cold blood, lets be careful in the type of people we go that far with.

Hmm, so he actually married her to kill her? Was she murdered for money ritual or what? Oh, this life!
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by Busta(f): 1:29pm On Mar 13, 2008
amuki:

Busta,
To you everybody is a dumbskull,null brain.Na waoh
! grin grin grin
Anyway,I think they should take things easy.As for UPTOWN GIRL,I think you formed your opinion too early concerning Nigerian men.I wonder if you know that Nigerian men can be true christians with good moral background.

lol . . .not everybody, only those that act sappy and kooky grin
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by TheSly: 3:18pm On Mar 13, 2008
hmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!! undecided
Re: Marriage Proposal After Four Days by Mortiple(m): 4:09pm On Mar 13, 2008
4 DAYS is rather too short.

Hope, the guy is not trying to cover up something here! A lady I know escaped marrying an impotent man under this guise. Pause and think (Selah)!

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A wifey / She Threatend To Leave Me Cos I Refuse To Wash Her Undies / My Fiance Is A Witch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.