Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora (17473 Views)

Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? / Nigerian Academia In Diaspora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by nitusa: 1:47am On Feb 14, 2013
Billyonaire: Nigeria is lawless, unplanned, and corrupt, these are basic known facts, we need you guys that know how the system should work to join PDP or APC and contest for elective position, that is how to change things from the inside, not by internet insults and curses of the country.

Did you know many NID has been killed following your suggestion. Do you know crab mentality? My suggestion, obliterate the sitting govt and setup a new blood that have the Nigerians at heart and see how NID will troop in.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 1:52am On Feb 14, 2013
It will take collective responsibility to repair Nigeria. Personally,i do not think we are doing too bad as a nation. All we need is a leader with vision and the rest will follow.

Rome wasnt built in a day. It took America hundreds of years to master the act of democracy. It is not easy for Africans to adopt the system of government used in Europe.

We will certainly make mistakes and learn the hard way. That is the best form of education.

Nigerians home and abroad need to have an undertanding and work together.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Truckpusher(m): 1:59am On Feb 14, 2013
I don't agree with the op that all NID speaks ill abt Naija ,but one thing i've noticed abt NID speaking ill abt Naija is that these fellows are so frustrated that they quickly label everything abt naija as bad...i know a lot of NID that consider themselves as Nigerians first, that doesn't mean you don't some of them that are so bitter just because they are the 'never do well bros and sis' they will prefer to live on food stamps and make shift shelter because they love the clean environment and they equally enjoy counting the skyscrapers. grin grin grin grin
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Truckpusher(m): 2:04am On Feb 14, 2013
nitusa:

Did you know many NID has been killed following your suggestion. Do you know crab mentality? My suggestion, obliterate the sitting govt and setup a new blood that have the Nigerians at heart and see how NID will troop in.
My friend it's not a one sided affair .When Nigeria became a democratic country a lot of NID came back and they got for themselves some juicy positions in the govt houses across the various states of this country and they became so CORRUPT that the average NIN was made to look like a learner.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by nitusa: 2:06am On Feb 14, 2013
ifeness: It will take collective responsibility to repair Nigeria. Personally,i do not think we are doing too bad as a nation. All we need is a leader with vision and the rest will follow.

Rome wasnt built in a day. It took America hundreds of years to master the act of democracy. It is not easy for Africans to adopt the system of government used in Europe.

We will certainly make mistakes and learn the hard way. That is the best form of education.

Nigerians home and abroad need to have an undertanding and work together.

why not practice wazobia system of govt. you don't have to practice European or chinese system of govt. I don't like when people compare Nigeria with USA. Why not be yourself?
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 2:14am On Feb 14, 2013
Truckpusher: i don't agree with the op that all NID speaks ill abt Naija ,but one thing i've noticed abt NID speaking ill abt Naija is that these fellows are so frustrated that they quickly label everything abt naija as bad...i know a lot of NID that consider themselves as Nigerians first, that doesn't mean you don't some of them that are so bitter just because they are the 'never do well bros and sis' they will prefer to live on food stamps and make shift shelter because they love the clean environment and they equally enjoy counting the skyscrapers. grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin [b]You said it all.If you are a NID and you are doing well you will sure not talk ill of Nigeria though we know there is still high level of insecurity which is not only in Nigeria but a universal thing.Most criticism is born out of frustration on their present condition in whatever country they are.Mind you success or riches don't just come by boarding a flight to America or Europe.Infact more work has to be done when you leave Nigeria that's for the responsible and focused ones who have alot of bills to pay and also Family and friends they have to send cash back home and also start up developmental projects back home and not the so called "Bros or Sist" that has been abroad for dunky years some are even junkies and crack heads speaking 'i wanna' and 'yo men' all around town and people back home seeing their pictures on facebook then starts feeling envious.Infact those in Naija trying should never dream to be like so many of these nuts cause they are gradually dieing of cancerous frustration and they decide to vent their anger on the nation on social media and forums as if the Country dragged them into their condition.[/b]
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by princeonx: 2:18am On Feb 14, 2013
In few months now you will start a new thread asking when the American visa lottery will start! Main while.....

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by nitusa: 2:20am On Feb 14, 2013
Truckpusher: My friend it's not a one sided affair .When Nigeria became a democratic country a lot of NID came back and they got for themselves some juicy positions in the govt houses across the various states of this country and they became so CORRUPT that the average NIN was made to look like a learner.

That was not true. There is no way the few that went back then influenced the NIN. It is what is on the ground they followed. To survive, you have to do in Rome as Romans do.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Pororo(f): 2:26am On Feb 14, 2013
I still believe in Nigeria. It's things like this that make me feel there's hope:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=49dhf936gs8

but still, i will not return and start scratching my head worried on how to take care of my family amid chaos, crazy politics, insecurity and angry religious extremists!
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by nitusa: 2:27am On Feb 14, 2013
chingyjant:
grin grin grin grin [b]You said it all.If you are a NID and you are doing well you will sure not talk ill of Nigeria though we know there is still high level of insecurity which is not only in Nigeria but a universal thing.Most criticism is born out of frustration on their present condition in whatever country they are.Mind you success or riches don't just come by boarding a flight to America or Europe.Infact more work has to be done when you leave Nigeria that's for the responsible and focused ones who have alot of bills to pay and also Family and friends they have to send cash back home and also start up developmental projects back home and not the so called "Bros or Sist" that has been abroad for dunky years some are even junkies and crack heads speaking 'i wanna' and 'yo men' all around town and people back home seeing their pictures on facebook then starts feeling envious.Infact those in Naija trying should never dream to be like so many of these nuts cause they are gradually dieing of cancerous frustration and they decide to vent their anger on the nation on social media and forums as if the Country dragged them into their condition.[/b]

You are dead wrong. If things are that bad for NID, do you think they will not board a flight home by now? You saw what happened in Libya, Nigerians were sending SOS home for the govt to rescue them, some even trekked their way home.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by stunna2(m): 2:30am On Feb 14, 2013
Oh my gosh...another boring shiit talker attacking Nigerians Overseas!!?

It goes this way, Nigeria is Now Paradise and we are all almost there but you guys are suffering over there and are all slaves as compared to us free Nigerians here at home and...see - add reason (how we won the Gold and are the Giant of Africa!?)
Pls come back home...bla bla bla - so the story goes!!

We watched Obama last night lay out the Plans of how America can attract THE BEST MINDS IN THE WORLD for future growth and someone with a small mind is always here and rather than talk of how to make nigeria safe and attractive to the best people in the world to move there instead talk constant meaningless s h I I t t !!!

By the way, now that I have responded to this stupidness again...I can actually go back and read it!!

Oh, I could not help but notice your name...and secondly; the amount of cash we overseas in our family have sent to sick n dying relatives (whose Children we helped educate in Nigerian Universities while some of us do not have university degrees ourselves and they are now in their late 20s and early 30s n yet can not find 10 or 15 or 30.000 naira to take their parents to nigerian hospitals because of lack of jobs) must factor in as reality on the ground why we respond to issues in nigeria the way we do...or is it just that those of us who left are the worse Nigerians by nature??

Why did a judge send a Nigerian who stole a BB to was it 3 years in jail with no option of fine and then a pension fund nigerian politician thief was given the option of a 750.000 naira fine to avoid a 2 year sentence for stealing Billions of naira??

Those of you who have it good in nigeria should fix nigeria so that we don't for a week hear from relatives who are bitter n are on the constant endless complain train about how bad they have it to us so then we will not feel the way we do about the inequality n insecurity that currently rule nigeria but if you think we r going to be silent in the presence of the Injustice that rule nigeria now - boy you r so wrong!!!

You will not silence us...ever!!

4 Likes

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Truckpusher(m): 2:32am On Feb 14, 2013
nitusa:

That was not true. There is no way the few that went back then influenced the NIN. It is what is on the ground they followed. To survive, you have to do in Rome as Romans do.
so you can agree with me that if at all there was any form of good principle acquired from wherever they are coming from, would they degenerate to the level of that which is being frowned upon?..unless you're saying that a girl would automatically become a prostitute just because she lives in a neighborhood that has the highest number of prostitutes?...answer me oh
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Stancode(m): 2:33am On Feb 14, 2013
Always the last to commet ;DAlways the last to commet.
Big pot belly people y una dey complain about the OP write up.abi una dey envy him intelligence.fiile don't get it twisted
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 2:37am On Feb 14, 2013
MacDaddy01:

419 much?

What do you mean? Not all the rich Nigerian guys are into illegal business.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by mimifonwon(f): 2:46am On Feb 14, 2013
You know what Poster nigerians who think like you piss me off. First of all it is us in the Diaspora that are willing to do anything to make nigeria succeed. We are the ones that help bring money into the economy other than oil and other natural resources. We are more charitable and more understanding of the human condition than some nigerians that think like you. I find this insulting, and nairaland admin who approved this i feel sorry for you too. Yes everyone has an opinion, but make sure you dont genrealize. Most Nigerians living in Nigeria are more tribalistic than those of us in diaspora. We have learned about civil right, experienced racism, and we have learned tolerance and appreciation of people that dont look,act or live like us. We have learned that a good government and good judicial system is necessary for things to go right in a democratic country. we have learned that no one is above the law, not even a politician or richest celeb. We in the diaspora pray and think of you folks in nigeria more than you pray or think of us. We understand that we must help our country, most of us want to come back and contribute to our native land, even those of us who werent born in nigeria, our parents made sure we understood we were just on a journey and a journeyman/woman must go home at some point. So my dear ignorant friend, you need to realize that you need us in the diaspora more than we need you, and that is the truth, but we in the diaspora understand that no matter how much nigeria is hated that we still hold unconditional love for it and pray that the corrupt leaders never live to enjoy what they stole from the people, that justice be carried out. But in the mean we come home once in a while to help the little we can by bringing certain aids to areas that the government has neglected. What am saying is that we are very much important to nigeria. When one sojourns they go to learn and hopefully come home to share what they have done. We actually understand we go to school to help improve our communities and not just our immediate families. Most people think life is a bed or roses abroad especially in america, but nah blood, it aint all the time. I worked starting in highschool to now, whiles still making good grades, went to uni and graduated top of my class. I did it not because my parents couldnt afford to give me allowance, after all they had great paying jobs, but i worked to save money to send to my "cousins (kids from my parents villages)" to help them with their school fees, not because i had to, but because i cared and wanted them to have opportunity in life. We learn to be altruistic, which i feel many nigerians in nigeria have forgotten or just dont want to do without getting anything in return, but we do it silently without any accolades and we dont need it. I smell envy written all over your post and it is sad and disheartening. Most of us in the diaspora understand that our home is nigeria no matter what. And believe me my dear poster friend the likes of you are those who will run away from nigeria without turning back if given the chance; so my dear look in the mirror before you try to castigate us. There are people who live in nigeria that have forgotten their culture and need to help nigeria more than us. Infact just go to Lagos, you will see families who forgot to teach their children their native tongues, well in diaspora, we hold our heritage and we value it. So we are not what is wrong with nigeria, most of us actually represent nigeria's potential and what should be right in nigeria. Oh if you want to know why we criticize, we do it so you all back at home can help and get a backbone to stand up against the government who use most of yall for tissue paper to go to toliet. We criticize because we have such great hopes for nigeria and we believe in its potential and that of its people. When you love something as much as we love our beloved homeland, it would be stupid to turn a blind eye to the how our own people are folding their hands and allowing the government to ruin their land, when its a democratic country and if you dont know in a democratic nation, the people rule and are the power. So my dear ignorant insecure jealous poster you need us, because we are not afraid to speak up against the government like some of yall and fortunately we actually have better morals and ethics than most of yall.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 2:59am On Feb 14, 2013
Can't be bothered to read lengty epistles on NL.

Same thing every year; NID are bad, NIN are good.

Same story each time.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Truckpusher(m): 3:02am On Feb 14, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
Can't be bothered to read lengty epistles on NL.

Same thing every year; NID are bad, NIN are good.

Same story each time.
*PUSHES MY TRUCK PAST HER....ALREADY SWORE NOT TO PICK HER TRASH AGAIN*...mtcheew..murmuring to myself *wicked woman*
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 3:05am On Feb 14, 2013
Lol o ga o
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by nitusa: 3:15am On Feb 14, 2013
Truckpusher: so you can agree with me that if at all there was any form of good principle acquired from wherever they are coming from, would they degenerate to the level of that which is being frowned upon?..unless you're saying that a girl would automatically become a prostitute just because she lives in a neighborhood that has the highest number of prostitutes?...answer me oh

Look bro. I will give you a situation, I go home very often, My cousin was travelling with me and we were stopped by police officers right on the expressway and delayed for no reason. My cousin notified me that the check point is notorious for shoot out with robbers and speeding trailers, he suggested we settle before its dark and avoid much more dangerous situation. We gave them 300 Naira. Are you saying I have to put my life in danger. Unless you don't visit Nigeria, if you do, let me make a bet with you that for two weeks you will not pay a dime in bribe to anybody. When you come back notify me then we shall see. Does that mean you want to participate in it or it is their way of life and is unavoidable?
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by akatonero(m): 3:15am On Feb 14, 2013
Still reading will reply later
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by redsun(m): 3:23am On Feb 14, 2013
ebamma: Another PDP mouthpiece don join us, thanks for the epistle,which level u dey u be thieving priest or thieving politician?

More like a priest
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Dibiachukwu: 3:38am On Feb 14, 2013
Poster has a lot of points. A lot of critisms from Nigerians in diaspora are not constructive at all. But you have to understand that a lot of them go through alot of psychological torture from their host countries. So alot of them wish they could just come back to Nigeria and still maintain a good living standard. A lot of these people were poor in Nigeria and Nigeria treats poor people like shit. I hope our generation can change this.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 3:46am On Feb 14, 2013
$tunna:
Oh my gosh...another boring shiit talker attacking Nigerians Overseas!!?

It goes this way, Nigeria is Now Paradise and we are all almost there but you guys are suffering over there and are all slaves as compared to us free Nigerians here at home and...see - add reason (how we won the Gold and are the Giant of Africa!?)
Pls come back home...bla bla bla - so the story goes!!

We watched Obama last night lay out the Plans of how America can attract THE BEST MINDS IN THE WORLD for future growth and someone with a small mind is always here and rather than talk of how to make nigeria safe and attractive the best people in the world to move there instead talk constant meaningless s h I I t t !!!

By the way, now that I have responded to this stupidness again...I can actually go back and read it!!

Oh, I could not help but notice your name...and secondly; the amount of cash we overseas in our family have sent to sick n dying relatives (whose Children we helped educate in Nigerian Universities while some of us do not have university degrees ourselves and they are now in their late 20s and early 30s n yet can not find 10 or 15 or 30.000 naira to take their parents to nigerian hospitals because of lack of jobs) must factor in as reality on the ground why we respond to issues in nigeria the way we do...or is it just that those of us who left are the worse Nigerians by nature??

Why did a judge send a Nigerian whole a BB to was it 3 years in jail with no option of fine and then a pension fund nigerian politician thief was given the option of a 750.000 naira fine to avoid a 2 year sentence for stealing Billions of naira??

Those of you who have it good in nigeria should fix nigeria so that we don't for a week hear from relatives who are bitter n are on the constant endless complain train about how bad they have it to us so then we will not feel the way we do about the inequality n insecurity that currently rule nigeria but if you think we r going to be silent in the presence of the Injustice that rule nigeria now - boy you r so wrong!!!

You will not silence us...ever!!

Good response, but I dont know why you even bothered . I didnt even waste my time reading past the first 3 lines before concluding that the OP clearly has mental issues.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by nitusa: 3:50am On Feb 14, 2013
Dibiachukwu: Poster has a lot of points. A lot of critisms from Nigerians in diaspora are not constructive at all. But you have to understand that a lot of them go through alot of psychological torture from their host countries. So alot of them wish they could just come back to Nigeria and still maintain a good living standard. A lot of these people were poor in Nigeria and Nigeria treats poor people like shit. I hope our generation can change this.

Something is wrong here. Who is really going through psychological torture? You lost your mind, go figure.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Truckpusher(m): 3:54am On Feb 14, 2013
nitusa:

Look bro. I will give you a situation, I go home very often, My cousin was travelling with me and we were stopped by police officers right on the expressway and delayed for no reason. My cousin notified me that the check point is notorious for shoot out with robbers and speeding trailers, he suggested we settle before its dark and avoid much more dangerous situation. We gave them 300 Naira. Are you saying I have to put my life in danger. Unless you don't visit Nigeria, if you do, let me make a bet with you that for two weeks you will not pay a dime in bribe to anybody. When you come back notify me then we shall see. Does that mean you want to participate in it or it is their way of life and is unavoidable?
i live in Nigeria,i'm what you'll prefer to call 'no transfer no leave' grin grin grin..lol...the truth is a lot of shit happens everyday wherever you stay in this country but again it's not as bad as the way some frustrated individuals try to paint it sometimes.

If you are fully aware how ugly it could become on traveling on that road very late or whatever why didn't you plan your journey and avoid any form of confrontation that would have resulted from your almost night fall journey?..you can also agree with me as a NID that there are some places you wouldn't just go into in these your new found land as a black person or a total foreigner?...Personally i don't have any axe to grind with anyone being NID that badmouths Nigeria,but i want you to know that whatever ill you speak against your own people would be used as a yardstick against your unborn generations in their supposedly new found country in generations to come by the same people you go abt singing to them how bad your country is.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Truckpusher(m): 4:01am On Feb 14, 2013
kingoflag:

Good response, but I dont know why you even bothered . I didnt even waste my time reading past the first 3 lines before concluding that the OP clearly has mental issues.
Last time i checked you were an American,but every now and then you become a Nigerian....my thought exactly was that the op's ranting whichever way you put it was for dudes like you that i'll clearly classify as a 'FAIR WEATHER CITIZEN'...OYA GO AHEAD AND RESPOND WITH THE C.O.C.K English you're well known for..NUTTER!*Spits*
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by redsun(m): 4:01am On Feb 14, 2013
Anybody that has seen otherwise and understands that a society works based on how efficient the brain can coordinate,the hands can shape and put together,how responsible individuals are and how basic common laws and principles binds and protect every citizen,irrespective of whether they are rich or poor will always be mad at how invalid,irresponsible and unconstructive nigerian system is.Unless of course that person is made of stone.

It is sad to be a part of people that are the object of ridicule of the whole world,a people that other never expect to do well,because they think they are brainless.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by AfroBlue(m): 4:14am On Feb 14, 2013
Mr Moronfolu is sipping on some strong hatorade.

Pride for 9ja is strong in Yankeeland

circa 2012

PICTURES: Nigerian Independence Parade In New York 2012
http://africanspotlight.com/2012/10/pictures-nigerian-independence-parade-in-new-york-2012/

circa 2006

Pictures Of Nigerian Independence Day Parade In New York by lionheart(m): 11:53pm On Oct 02, 2006

https://www.nairaland.com/25574/pictures-nigerian-independence-day-parade

www.nairaland.com/attachments/22178_file16_jpgb7f5d766b3543ba075fddb18e9be39fc
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Truckpusher(m): 4:16am On Feb 14, 2013
redsun: Anybody that has seen otherwise and understands that a society works based on how efficient the brain can coordinate,the hands can put together,how responsible individuals are and how basic common laws and principles binds and protect every citizen,irrespective of whether they are rich or poor will always be mad at how invalid,irresponsible and unconstructive nigerian system is.Unless of course that person is made of stone.

It is sad to be a part of people that are thepp object of ridicule of the whole world,a people that other never expect to do well,because they think they are brainless.
...."Anybody that has seen otherwise and understands that a society works based on how efficient the brain can coordinate,the hands can put together,how responsible individuals are and how basic common laws and principles binds and protect every citizen,irrespective of whether they are rich or poor will always be mad at how invalid,irresponsible and unconstructive nigerian system is.Unless of course that person is made of stone"...with this analysis you're right sir and i respect you for that

...." It is sad to be a part of people that are thepp object of ridicule of the whole world,a people that other never expect to do well,because they think they are brainless"...but with this sir,i think you're a just a victim of racial abuse which can actually demoralize you to the point of abusing your personality as an individual from a particular race and abusing your own people...i think your problem is not far from that of Micheal Jackson,you need to see a psychological therapist...RUBBISH.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Engen(m): 4:30am On Feb 14, 2013
what does politics got to do with the obvious...
ebamma: Another PDP mouthpiece don join us, thanks for the epistle,which level u dey u be thieving priest or thieving politician?
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 4:34am On Feb 14, 2013
Allisonrichy: Very interesting...guess i'm the 3rd to coment...wooooowsmiley8-) dancing alingo

Not even close tongue
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 4:37am On Feb 14, 2013
No! angry

Not another Nigerians in diaspora bashing thread cry
As if we haven't heard enough of this shyt angry

Like you said, those who stay should stay and those who want to travel should travel. End of story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air / Dapo Abiodun: My Predecessor’s Housing Projects Are Now Miscreants’ Den / Maduabuchi Nevobasi To Buhari: Igbos Will Always Support You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.