Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora (17466 Views)

Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? / Nigerian Academia In Diaspora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by nitusa: 6:22am On Feb 14, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
Whether you like it or not all Africans in the west are under continuous subtle psychological torture. That is the truth. Thats why we find too may treachery amongst them.

And the Nigeria you stay everybody is sane right? manner falls out of heaven?

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by InvertedHammer: 6:33am On Feb 14, 2013
nitusa:

LOL...Nigeria is flowing with milk and honey!!!

Dibiachukwu and Truckpusher for Senate

Person wey meat no reach dey talk say meat no be big deal..yeaaah right.

A country jungle that kills her best
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 6:40am On Feb 14, 2013
nitusa:

You are dead wrong. If things are that bad for NID, do you think they will not board a flight home by now? You saw what happened in Libya, Nigerians were sending SOS home for the govt to rescue them, some even trekked their way home.
Guy who nor go nor know.They gat no tree where they pluck money abroad.Some Naija dudes are even trying to run from the authority after not being able to pay for child support from illegitimate children they gat because of their waywardness and irresponsiveness.Reason why some can't come back home is because of shame.They do get report of what their mates have done back home.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 6:40am On Feb 14, 2013
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Truckpusher(m): 6:45am On Feb 14, 2013
nitusa:

Encourage yourselves by yourselves

Enjoy counting the skyscrapers

Enjoy the clean environment that your fathers couldn't build back home for you,but the truth is we all have a part to play in building our own home, if we all that are educated,enlightened and re-orientated due to our personal efforts continue to run away and only contribute negatively when it comes to throwing stones of resentment ,one day the weak,hungry and uneducated will rise up and seal their testimony with their own blood in other to take back their country. History and historians will never be fair to us and i also hope we've also lost our conscience to bear that one too....while the criminal elites is tightening the noose around the neck of the already downtrodden Nigerians the ones that has the opportunity to voice out are running away all in the name of a better life now they are asking you to leave them alone with hope yet you want it taken away...what then is the diff. between you and the criminally minded fellows that parade themselves as leaders?
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by nitusa: 6:50am On Feb 14, 2013
chingyjant:
Guy who nor go nor know.They gat no tree where they pluck money abroad.Some Naija dudes are even trying to run from the authority after not being able to pay for child support from illegitimate children they gat because of their waywardness and irresponsiveness.Reason why some can't come back home is because of shame.They do get report of what their mates have done back home.

Who are you calling guy? BTW, what have their mates done that is so magnificent?
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by nitusa: 6:56am On Feb 14, 2013
Truckpusher: Encourage yourselves by yourselves

Enjoy the clean environment that your fathers couldn't build back home for you,but the truth is we all have a path to play in building our own home, if we all that are educated,enlightened and re-orientated due to our personal efforts continue to run away and only contribute negatively when it comes to throwing stones of resentment ,one day the weak,hungry and uneducated will rise up and seal their testimony with their own blood in other to take back their country. History and historians will never be fair to us and i also hope we've also lost our conscience to bear that one too....while the criminal elites is tightening the noose around the neck of the already downtrodden Nigerians the ones that has the opportunity to voice out are running away all in the name of a better life now they are asking you to leave them alone with hope yet you want it taken away...what then is the diff. between you and the criminally minded fellows that parade themselves as leaders?

How do you know I am not giving back to Nigeria? You be the first to go take over and I will follow.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Truckpusher(m): 7:00am On Feb 14, 2013
nitusa:

How do you know I am not giving back to Nigeria? You be the first to go take over and I will follow.
grin grin grin ;DLmao...bros you seriously expect a truckpusher to go do oshobe?.....meanwhile i enjoyed arguing with you jare i need to go to bed...bye
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 14, 2013
Truckpusher: Encourage yourselves by yourselves

Enjoy the clean environment that your fathers couldn't build back home for you,but the truth is we all have a path to play in building our own home, if we all that are educated,enlightened and re-orientated due to our personal efforts continue to run away and only contribute negatively when it comes to throwing stones of resentment ,one day the weak,hungry and uneducated will rise up and seal their testimony with their own blood in other to take back their country. History and historians will never be fair to us and i also hope we've also lost our conscience to bear that one too....while the criminal elites is tightening the noose around the neck of the already downtrodden Nigerians the ones that has the opportunity to voice out are running away all in the name of a better life now they are asking you to leave them alone with hope yet you want it taken away...what then is the diff. between you and the criminally minded fellows that parade themselves as leaders?

My guy, leave the matter. Nigerians can't do shyt about their situation. In the heat of the arab uprising, Nigeria had a movement called "Occupy Nigeria Movement". Did our Nigerian youths occupy? Hell NO! Instead of following their arab counterparts to occupy, they will baff up in the morning, carry their blackberry phones, go to MKO square and dance to Banky W, Terry G, and other artistes.

Nigerian youths turned the whole thing into a carnival where they were toasting eachother and being toasted, pinging, and exchanging blackberry pins. The only chance for Nigerian youths to change their situation, they turned it into a jamboree.

Abegi! Nigeria will continue to be the way it is. Business as usual.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 14, 2013
What a load of bull, total crap
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by roymary: 7:22am On Feb 14, 2013
@OP

Those American wannabes will do anything to criticize your post. Some of us that plies Lagos-America back and forth knows better than to sit back in foreign land hoping that really solves a thing. Tell them to enumerate their current jobs out there.

If the vagabondss in Aso rock will simply do us the favor; fix the damnn roads, improve our power supply, create more jobs, especially in Agriculture and Textile, improve National security and empower the youth as much as possible, implement the damnn laws and stop giving shameless privileges to those politicians!!!...There will be lesser reasons to leave this country for Chicago where cold weather will jeopardize your health big time.

See, 80% of Nigerians in Diaspora are still trying to get rich. When they do, the next thing they wanna do is come back home. Forget the hype and "gonna' wanna" They live in shoe boxes, menial jobs and shiit. They are extremely stingy( they call it being meticulous but i don't see it that way)

Nigeria will survive- We won't give up Cos America sef get her own problems to solve.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by roymary: 7:35am On Feb 14, 2013
InvertedHammer: Misconception!

What you don't realize is that NID are the ones developing Nigeria. Those houses you see in most cities and
believe that NIN don hammer actually were built by NID. If you check Western Union and Moneygram data, you
will be amazed at what percentage equivalent of Nigeria GDP that NID contribute to Nigeria every year.

If Nigeria is this bad with all the financial support coming from NID, I wonder what it would be if such
support is withdrawn.

Believe it or not, the little peace you enjoy in Nigeria today is being subsidized by NID.

Abi, you high this morning ni??
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by damiso(f): 7:41am On Feb 14, 2013
roymary: @OP

Those American wannabes will do anything to criticize your post. Some of us that plies Lagos-America back and forth knows better than to sit back in foreign land hoping that really solves a thing. Tell them to enumerate their current jobs out there.

If the vagabondss in Aso rock will simply do us the favor; fix the damnn roads, improve our power supply, create more jobs, especially in Agriculture and Textile, improve National security and empower the youth as much as possible...There will be lesser reasons to leave this country for Chicago where cold weather will jeopardize your health big time.

See, 80% of Nigerians in Diaspora are still trying to get rich. When they do, the next thing they wanna do is come back home. Forget the hype and "gonna' wanna" They live in shoe boxes, menial jobs and shiit. They are extremely stingy( they call it being meticulous but i don't see it that way)

Nigeria will survive- We won't give up Cos America sef get her own problems to solve.

I rarely comment on these NIN vs NID posts cos there is no point.But i had to point this out:

Being rich is relative and i def know 80% of NIN are also not rich.
In short in the whole world at the mo 99% of the world wealth is in the hands of 1%.The whole world.

There will always be rich and poor.

Average Nigerian Mindset of anyone not 'rich' does not have an opinion.

I am a Nigerian first before anything,no matter what passports my kids carry they are Nigerian first so i def love my country.

BUT i think its too late for our generation so we need to educate the next generation to respect ALL HUMAN BEINGS.

Poverty is horrible anywhere but in Nigeria poverty makes you less than human.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Gudintent: 7:55am On Feb 14, 2013
apache77:

Dear NID, I think I should stop here for now, as I strongly suspect that I am beginning to ramble.

Yours sincerely,
Nigerian in Nigeria
Atilola Moronfolu

http://www.hattylolla.com/2013/01/dear-nigerian-in-diaspora.html

Yup you were rambling on but you are entitled to your ramble as the NID's are entitled to theirs .....
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Fiawest(m): 7:59am On Feb 14, 2013
Paul d Apostle...u did nt make any sense in ur write up.I am a true Nigerian in Diaspora,I will continue to criticize my Beloved country anytime anywhere constructively.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by manny4life(m): 8:03am On Feb 14, 2013
This is a discussion I had with my brother, him and I discussed about going back but starting up something, we said to ourselves - WHAT DO WE DO? We explored ALL options before resorting to "small scale" manufacturing. However, this is how the conversation went down...

Cost of starting a business is as follows

Registering of company - about $200 + bribe (to fasten the process)

Obtaining the necessary permits, state license etc - $500+ or more with bribe

Renting an industrial space, so we budgeted @ $6/yr for 7,000 sq (equivalent) - about $3,500 monthly but the issue is spaces aren't rented out that cheap let alone monthly. Spaces are rented on annual basis. ---> $20,000 (negotiable)

Insurance ---> VERY UNLIKELY, and if decided to go that route, very certain that it's 5x the cost here.

Infrastructures ---> worry bout electricity (light isn't reliable), so u need stand by generator, security (it's obviously not guaranteed), granted there are land lines, but expensive and Internet isn't dirt cheap --- standard generator ($1,500), then all other expense ($500).

Transportation ---> Truck needed for delivery, then all other things added because technally leasing isn't really an option.

By the time all these numbers were plugged into Excel , cost about $35,000.

Ok understandable, so next --->

diesel or fuel to power your generator?

Importing raw materials (with high clearing, taxes, turn around time, customs bribe) = unknown with high cost.

Then payroll, then the system... and the list is endless + BRIBE

This not not factor in our own personal expense. After all these, the numbers where staggering that he simply said,

THIS WILL NOT WORK.

Now compare that to here,

Space is leased easily, quarterly, infrastructures are ready, transportation truck can be leased by daily weekly or monthly for competitive low rates and not exorbitant , no need to worry bout security, light or fueling your generator. You import goods, you can clear immediately without bribing and in fact, there's a transport network... I mean the odds where against Nigeria

Now look at all these and then tell me I don't love my country Nigeria, that NID haven't thought about coming home but the realistic figures are deterrent. NID's like myself wanna come home, yes some have the money to start but the risk is just too high that they forgo it...@OP STOP complaining.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 14, 2013
This Article is just Bullshi.t and contradictory...... Project 40lappy no be small thing o.......Na turn of Nigerians in Diaspora...!!

ThIs Article woulda been a great piece if it depicts a compatriot call to Nigerians in Diaspora encouraging them(NID) to believe in project Nigeria!!!

Why would someone not be angry when a f.ool stole 23billion naira(pensioners funds) and was given a fine of 1million Naira while a man that stole Goat was sentenced to 2years imprisonment...........!!!

Why would someone not be angry when u are not proud of the news emanating from ur country, today,1billion naira for president's food, tomo o 7billion naira for VP lodge,next tomo o,4billion naira for Madam firstlady......Farouk/Otedola,NNPC and co.......

What is there to be proud of while oil-spillage has crippled all ur agriculture and no other means of survival (Nigerdelta)...and the Govts still fold hand!!

Why would someone not be angry when a president fall sick,incapable to rule and hold 162million people and resources to ransom simply cuz he won't transfer power to his VP........

Is it BKboys that one should be Proud of or Militancy( all have govt fault),Epileptic power supply(kudos to GEJ for improvement) ,other infastructures and social amenities........what among these could Nigerians be proud of!!!

U only hear ur country is Rich,how has such wealth translate in the soul and mind of Nigerians at all tiers of Govt.........!!

FG hijacked all the strategic resources,States Hijacked local govt statutory funds...... Judiciary and Legislature.....e get as e be!!

Et Cetera..........

All these only happen in an unhealthy country ......blame not Nigerians in Diaspora only God knows the xenophobia they are passing through each blessed day of their lifes in foreign land.... Despite engaging in legal activities and being a legal residents simply cuz they are NIGERIANS(no rep for illegal residents)....

Blame those peeps that occupied government who doesn't give Nigerians the Opportunity to be Proud of their Country.......and who never care what Nigerians care about!!!!

Misplaced priority,unnecessary transfer of blame and faults and ''money miss road''

It is moronic to be defending FACTs most especially with a learned Foreigner,u woulda been presumed a Valueless humanbeing.......!!!

Criticising one's country when the need be is also among the highest level of PATRIOTISM.........ur country is failing and u are silent,forming all is well.....thats highest level of unpatriotic!!!

What is the VALUE of a NIGERIAN!!!
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by heisenberg33: 8:05am On Feb 14, 2013
mimifonwon: You know what Poster nigerians who think like you piss me off. First of all it is us in the Diaspora that are willing to do anything to make nigeria succeed. We are the ones that help bring money into the economy other than oil and other natural resources. We are more charitable and more understanding of the human condition than some nigerians that think like you. I find this insulting, and nairaland admin who approved this i feel sorry for you too. Yes everyone has an opinion, but make sure you dont genrealize. Most Nigerians living in Nigeria are more tribalistic than those of us in diaspora. We have learned about civil right, experienced racism, and we have learned tolerance and appreciation of people that dont look,act or live like us. We have learned that a good government and good judicial system is necessary for things to go right in a democratic country. we have learned that no one is above the law, not even a politician or richest celeb. We in the diaspora pray and think of you folks in nigeria more than you pray or think of us. We understand that we must help our country, most of us want to come back and contribute to our native land, even those of us who werent born in nigeria, our parents made sure we understood we were just on a journey and a journeyman/woman must go home at some point. So my dear ignorant friend, you need to realize that you need us in the diaspora more than we need you, and that is the truth, but we in the diaspora understand that no matter how much nigeria is hated that we still hold unconditional love for it and pray that the corrupt leaders never live to enjoy what they stole from the people, that justice be carried out. But in the mean we come home once in a while to help the little we can by bringing certain aids to areas that the government has neglected. What am saying is that we are very much important to nigeria. When one sojourns they go to learn and hopefully come home to share what they have done. We actually understand we go to school to help improve our communities and not just our immediate families. Most people think life is a bed or roses abroad especially in america, but nah blood, it aint all the time. I worked starting in highschool to now, whiles still making good grades, went to uni and graduated top of my class. I did it not because my parents couldnt afford to give me allowance, after all they had great paying jobs, but i worked to save money to send to my "cousins (kids from my parents villages)" to help them with their school fees, not because i had to, but because i cared and wanted them to have opportunity in life. We learn to be altruistic, which i feel many nigerians in nigeria have forgotten or just dont want to do without getting anything in return, but we do it silently without any accolades and we dont need it. I smell envy written all over your post and it is sad and disheartening. Most of us in the diaspora understand that our home is nigeria no matter what. And believe me my dear poster friend the likes of you are those who will run away from nigeria without turning back if given the chance; so my dear look in the mirror before you try to castigate us. There are people who live in nigeria that have forgotten their culture and need to help nigeria more than us. Infact just go to Lagos, you will see families who forgot to teach their children their native tongues, well in diaspora, we hold our heritage and we value it. So we are not what is wrong with nigeria, most of us actually represent nigeria's potential and what should be right in nigeria. Oh if you want to know why we criticize, we do it so you all back at home can help and get a backbone to stand up against the government who use most of yall for tissue paper to go to toliet. We criticize because we have such great hopes for nigeria and we believe in its potential and that of its people. When you love something as much as we love our beloved homeland, it would be stupid to turn a blind eye to the how our own people are folding their hands and allowing the government to ruin their land, when its a democratic country and if you dont know in a democratic nation, the people rule and are the power. So my dear ignorant insecure jealous poster you need us, because we are not afraid to speak up against the government like some of yall and fortunately we actually have better morals and ethics than most of yall.

I had wanted to post something so as to reply the poster, but after going through your post, i felt there was no need. You have spoken all i needed to say...Good and well articulated reply
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by princeonx: 8:08am On Feb 14, 2013
roymary: @OP

If the vagabondss in Aso rock will simply do us the favor; fix the damnn roads, improve our power supply, create more jobs, especially in Agriculture and Textile, improve National security and empower the youth as much as possible, implement the damnn laws and stop giving shameless privileges to those politicians!!!...There will be lesser reasons to leave this country for Chicago where cold weather will jeopardize your health big time.

Wow! Some of you are really filled with bitterness and hatred for Nigerians living outside Nigeria. Most of you really think living abroad is all about getting rich! Does it ever occur to you that Nigerians had been living outside Nigeria way back as 19kiridim? Way back since when it was $3 to N1? Trust me, some of those guys might be living in boxes but they surely have better life than you (I don't care where you live or work). There's a system in place here to treat them when sick with or without money, feed them, educate them, and security guaranteed. I guess it's true that when a bad habit last for decades it becomes a norm in the society! Keep praising the mess you call Nigeria and having sleepless night about me in US while dying in silent over there! Smdh.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 14, 2013
MacDaddy01:

What if I told you that I'm actually one of the few rich Nigerians in diaspora?
_
Then I'll ask you to be my Val. I'm trying to be a gold digger, and you seem the perfect mark.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by RealMccoy2(m): 8:11am On Feb 14, 2013
"Nigerian Association of Visa Denied" would not petition the consulated of the countries that denied them visa entry to their respective countries due to inefficient document are hear insulting Nigerians in Diaspora out of low self esteem.What else do you guys want from us? We constantly send western union money transfer to better your life since you can not find a meaningful job as a graduate for the past decade yet you result to insult? How is the DANA plane crash investigation coming?
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by RealMccoy2(m): 8:15am On Feb 14, 2013
The same insecure bigots will come on Nairaland next week to post a wedding picture of their brother marrying a 78years old German lady he met online,screaming "my bro don hammer no be small".

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 14, 2013
True talk
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 14, 2013
That country called Nigeria can kiss my round huge sun burnt azz cool
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Arsenate(m): 8:27am On Feb 14, 2013
The op has a point and didn't insult anyone. I wonder why the NIDs are barking all over the place.
LIVE AND LET LIVE
Is that too difficult for some of you?
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by princeonx: 8:30am On Feb 14, 2013
jennykadry: That country called Nigeria can kiss my round huge sun burnt azz cool
I think I can kiss better lol! Na wa oh! Missing in action.... Where you go hide?
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by princeonx: 8:34am On Feb 14, 2013
Arsenate: The op has a point and didn't insult anyone. I wonder why the NIDs are barking all over the place.
LIVE AND LET LIVE
Is that too difficult for some of you?
ehee aputasiafa! Okpor ha ndi azu.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 14, 2013
prince_onx:
I think I can kiss better lol! Na wa oh! Missing in action.... Where you go hide?

I dey oooooo. Earning dollars that I wouldn't earn if I lived in that Nigeria for 10 years. Power supply, food medical care, good job, good everything, things nigeria cannot offer me
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 14, 2013
Billyonaire: Nigerians in Diaspora cant resist criticizing Nigeria, it is their home, their annoyance is because they feel the system pushed them out to the sufferings they undergo in the whiteman's country. We will have to understand and bear with them.

How did you read my mind and say what i wanted to say.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 14, 2013
mtcheew 3400 megawatts of bull5hit
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 14, 2013
Billyonaire: Nigeria is lawless, unplanned, and corrupt, these are basic known facts, we need you guys that know how the system should work to join PDP or APC and contest for elective position, that is how to change things from the inside, not by internet insults and curses of the country.

I like this guy. True tok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Musiliu Smith As Chairman Police Service Commission / ICPC recovers three ambulances, 500KVA Transformer from Senator Buruji Kashamu / #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.