Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,672 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. (3980 Views)

136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / This Post Is Sure Gonna Make You Angry. That's Your Problem!! / What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 14, 2013
FXKing2012:
Watch your tongue woman....or you may lose it.

na you wan cut am? tongue
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 14, 2013
diluminati:
then what is your judgement as a christian?
WTH are u talking about?
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Enigma(m): 9:03pm On Feb 14, 2013
toba: not maybe. He actually does. traffic and more money from division

Ah ha! I've been watching in amusement as most posters missed this rather simple and even obvious point. smiley

However, a part of me foresees the possibility of the activities of the evangelical atheists eventually killing the Religion section. wink
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 14, 2013
toba: WTH are u talking about?
is the grammar too advanced for you?
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 14, 2013
Enigma:

Ah ha! I've been watching in amusement as most posters missed this rather simple and even obvious point. smiley

However, a part of me foresees the possibility of the activities of the evangelical atheists eventually killing the Religion section. wink
hahaaha. Wisdom is exclusive to the wise and elders.

I think Atheism get relevance when atheists attack the non violent christian, indirectly revealing the obsession for God and religion grin
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Odunnu: 9:43pm On Feb 14, 2013
Deep Sight:

Perfect response!

Enough said! This statement alone is a complete indictment of Muslims on this forum and shows the view that the owner of the Forum has of Muslim discussants.
Barr. Deep Sight. grin
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 14, 2013
diluminati:
is the grammar too advanced for you?

Not really my dear. Maybe becos i dont like responding to silly and frivolous questions
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Enigma(m): 10:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
toba: hahaaha. Wisdom is exclusive to the wise and elders.

I think Atheism get relevance when atheists attack the non violent christian, indirectly revealing the obsession for God and religion grin

The bolded is partly why most of the atheists do not want a separate board of their own; it will be useless and dead! Their lifeblood is trolling and insulting people of other wink religions, especially Christianity. smiley
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by chukkynwob(m): 10:28pm On Feb 14, 2013
mumumugu: so you and jesoul supported this thrash....

So because christians keep quiet, atheist can continue insulting Jesus
:-)
nairaland is made up of silly senseless moderators

[size=20pt]Joshua 24:15
King James Version (KJV)
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
.[/size]

It is a biblical commandment
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Zooposki(f): 10:31pm On Feb 14, 2013
Islam is a very intolerant religion, so it's no surprise the moderators are intolerant.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by FXKing2012(m): 6:56am On Feb 15, 2013
Enigma:

The bolded is partly why most of the atheists do not want a separate board of their own; it will be useless and dead! Their lifeblood is trolling and insulting people of other wink religions, especially Christianity. smiley
...because Christians are very tolerant and non-violent.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by deols(f): 7:16am On Feb 15, 2013
Seun:
There is no Christian and Atheist forum. We believe Christians and atheists can debate themselves without resorting to violence.

and how much violence has erupted from the Muslims section?

I never liked the caption and was hoping it would be removed. But it appears, there's more sanity with it.

The problem of the section has much more to do with christians and atheists than with Muslims. whatever problem a non Muslim has is with the mods alone whereas the comments from these people are directed at a whole religion with over a billion people and the messenger of God.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by deols(f): 7:24am On Feb 15, 2013
Seun: The notice was proposed by Christian moderators to prevent Christians and Atheists from getting themselves banned when Muslim threads make the home page. I felt it was a fantastic idea and I implemented it as soon as I could. Now if you get banned in the Muslim section, you will have no one to blame but yourself. wink

I don't subscribe to sporadic banning either but that doesnt make this good enough. If the section is for Muslims, the Muslims should be allowed to make the decisions and not christian mods who are sentiments driven as clearly shown on this thread.

The people trying to claim victims are themselves the trouble makers. Muslims don't go to the other section to insult their faith.

2 Likes

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 15, 2013
deols:

I don't subscribe to sporadic banning either but that doesnt make this good enough. If the section is for Muslims, the Muslims should be allowed to make the decisions and not christian mods who are sentiments driven as clearly shown on this thread.

The people trying to claim victims are themselves the trouble makers. Muslims don't go to the other section to insult their faith.

smh. see lie. The likes of vedaxcool, Lagoshia, 'transport' themselves from ur secluded section here to insult christians. No?

all in all, its an indictment on islam as being intolerant Religion. Or the religion which the followers are intolerant. simple
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by wiegraf: 8:25am On Feb 15, 2013
@toba

We don't see them much these days though, I think because they've received (imo) admirable and worthy comeuppance. Preferable for them to remain safe in their caves, which is fine (again, imo).

I don't get though that we can't even talk about them. If I start talking about the honorable korean family of kim and everything I say gets shipped off to north korean isps to adjudge (before it even reaches my intended audience, which does not happen to be north koreans btw), what exactly would you call that?

That's plain censorship, a blatant abuse of rights, I believe. Daylight robbery.

WE SHOULD RIOT!!!HARRRR

Jokes asides, it's a not so funny abuse of rights. NL is a private business though, so meh..
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 15, 2013
wiegraf: @toba

We don't see them much these days though, I think because they've received (imo) admirable and worthy comeuppance. Preferable for them to remain safe in their caves, which is fine (again, imo).

I don't get though that we can't even talk about them. If I start talking about the honorable korean family of kim and everything I say gets shipped off to north korean isps to adjudge (before it even reaches my intended audience, which does not happen to be north koreans btw), what exactly would you call that?

That's plain censorship, a blatant abuse of rights, I believe. Daylight robbery.

WE SHOULD RIOT!!!HARRRR

Jokes asides, it's a not so funny abuse of rights. NL is a private business though, so meh..
seun is simply protecting tunji. Tunji is the one with the threat and at the same time banning pple. Now deols is a mod, sack tunji and lets see how deols would fare
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by PalmTree(m): 8:49am On Feb 15, 2013
deols:

Ma'am, the issue at hand is not about the xtain mods making sentimental decisions on a muslim subsection, the point is why the muslim section should exist at all. I'm yet to comprehend why muslims have an exclusive domain if you guys are actually tolerant enough to co-exist with people of other religions without necessarily resulting to violence. Mac has been banning users in (and to put it mildly) a preposterous manner which by all indications is comely to most of you otherwise you guys would have checked him. One can't but imagine what someone like Mac would have done if he has the power to discern the real identity of some users. Note carefully that I am strongly against blasphemy as I have always said in my previous posts and I have recommended the provision of a clearly defined set of guidelines to restrict the likes of Mac from been corrupted by the very little power at his disposal (I have sited Mac's example because of the frequency of his actions).
You sound like an intelligent fellow, so I will end this post with this question exclusively for you to answer (if you decide not to answer, its cool). If a man decides to show his stupidity by insulting Islam, Mohammed (S.A.W) or Allah, can you let it slide... Hoping that Allah who has been insulted will deal with him, or will you prefer to deal with him instead? Thank you.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by chukkynwob(m): 9:00am On Feb 15, 2013
deols:

and how much violence has erupted from the Muslims section?

I never liked the caption and was hoping it would be removed. But it appears, there's more sanity with it.

The problem of the section has much more to do with christians and atheists than with Muslims. whatever problem a non Muslim has is with the mods alone whereas the comments from these people are directed at a whole religion with over a billion people and the messenger of God.

Oh please spare me!!!!! Atheists have the right to say what they want to say against any God they deem fit,I am a christian, It doesn't bother me one bit when atheists deny Jesus or call God the sky daddy,

We can't be walking around eggshells because of muslims on Nairaland or the world over,it goes to demonstrate the high level of intolerance ingrained in an average muslim.

If muslims that can use phones,PC,tablets on NL(most here have formal education) are so touchy, what will be the faith of anyone in Maiduguri that dares question ALLAH and MOhammed?
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 15, 2013
This shd never be an Issue.....tis just one of the rule that a Nairalander shd adhere to when posting to muslim section!!
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Zooposki(f): 9:25am On Feb 15, 2013
chukkynwob:

Oh please spare me!!!!! Atheists have the right to say what they want to say against any God they deem fit,I am a christian, It doesn't bother me one bit when atheists deny Jesus or call God the sky daddy,

We can't be walking around eggshells because of muslims on Nairaland or the world over,it goes to demonstrate the high level of intolerance ingrained in an average muslim.

If muslims that can use phones,PC,tablets on NL(most here have formal education) are so touchy, what will be the faith of anyone in Maiduguri that dares question ALLAH and MOhammed?

Islam is a religion of violence, so does not matter if the followers are educated or not, they will always be violent.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Obinoscopy(m): 9:43am On Feb 15, 2013
Zooposki:

Islam is a religion of violence, so does not matter if the followers are educated or not, they will always be violent.
Not all muslims are violent. Only a few of them are violent, however majority of them are intolerant. We also have intolerant and vĂ­olent christians too...Rev King is one of them but they are in the minority.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 15, 2013
deols:

Some people are just funny,

why all this ranting on simple admonition ''Ensure ur post is not offensive to Islam''....... So ,if u re not all out to insult Islam,why dis babyish-crying as if ;

''To avoid being ban Ensure ur post is not insultive to Islam'' has actually taken away something precious from u people..........

Come to Islam section,post ur comment and go.......a sensible/ reasonable mind would not sound offensive to another!!!

Debate on Doctrines shd not in any way be Offensives........but when u come all Out only to DEBASE Islam ...... Then such a warning is Necessary!!!

A civil personality won't wimp on this warning and any other warning ruling NAIRALAND!!!

Seun is a Business man and Nairaland is a business entity,whatever that shall devalue Nairaland is what Seun is avoiding.........so,why blame him!!!!

Love ur ''NEIGHBOUR'' as Urself says Jesus........... !!!!
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by deols(f): 10:04am On Feb 15, 2013
toba: seun is simply protecting tunji. Tunji is the one with the threat and at the same time banning pple. Now deols is a mod, sack tunji and lets see how deols would fare

you think your divisive approach will wrok? You of all people have enjoyed a very good time at the Muslim section.

you for a long time were our one-man comedy show grin at the Muslims section.
but bigotry will not allow you tell the entire truth that the need for maclatunji at the time he was made mod was many of your christian brethren's attitude.

a christian had to open a thread against frosbel at the time.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Zooposki(f): 10:31am On Feb 15, 2013
Obinoscopy: Not all muslims are violent. Only a few of them are violent, however majority of them are intolerant. We also have intolerant and vĂ­olent christians too...Rev King is one of them but they are in the minority.

Intolerance leads to violence, so we can conclude majority of muslims are violent.

1 Like

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Zooposki(f): 10:45am On Feb 15, 2013
donroxy:

Seun is a Business man and Nairaland is a business entity,whatever that shall devalue Nairaland is what Seun is avoiding.........so,why blame him!!!!

The dude is only trying to avoid a fatwa

donroxy:
Love ur ''NEIGHBOUR'' as Urself says Jesus........... !!!!

I love you, so I will tell you there is no allah. It is better to apply that time spent on a mythical allah on other things that will benefit you.

Christians, the same advice applies to you too.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Zooposki(f): 10:48am On Feb 15, 2013
donroxy:

Some people are just funny,

why all this ranting on simple admonition ''Ensure ur post is not offensive to Islam''....... So ,if u re not all out to insult Islam,why dis babyish-crying as if ;

''To avoid being ban Ensure ur post is not insultive to Islam'' has actually taken away something precious from u people..........

Come to Islam section,post ur comment and go.......a sensible/ reasonable mind would not sound offensive to another!!!

Debate on Doctrines shd not in any way be Offensives........but when u come all Out only to DEBASE Islam ...... Then such a warning is Necessary!!!

A civil personality won't wimp on this warning and any other warning ruling NAIRALAND!!!

All posters you have been warned, no insult to islam or you will be banned. I no fit shout o!!
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 15, 2013
Zooposki:

I love you, so I will tell you there is no allah. .
this is what we are saying

''the above post of urs is ''Offensive to Islam''........

had it been this is muslim section,u now deserved to be baned!!!

So,Seun is hereby vindicated!!!
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Zooposki(f): 11:37am On Feb 15, 2013
donroxy: this is what we are saying

''the above post of urs is ''Offensive to Islam''........

had it been this is muslim section,u now deserved to be baned!!!

So,Seun is hereby vindicated!!!

Just because I told you the cold hard facts? How dare you try and curtail my freedom of speech? I swear Islam should be eradicated, likewise all other religion. Religion is doing us a great disservice, especially Islam.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by deols(f): 12:42pm On Feb 15, 2013
toba: seun is simply protecting tunji. Tunji is the one with the threat and at the same time banning pple. Now deols is a mod, sack tunji and lets see how deols would fare
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 15, 2013
Zooposki:

Just because I told you the cold hard facts? How dare you try and curtail my freedom of speech? I swear Islam should be eradicated, likewise all other religion. Religion is doing us a great disservice, especially Islam.
Freedom of Speech is Limited by LIBEL and SLANDER.......!!!

U have sounded Offensive to Muslims by saying their ''Allah does not exist'' within d ''ensure ur post is not offensive to Islam to avoid being baned''............!!

If u say the words for Debate Purpose then fine (No Offense) taken but when in derision/jest then u deserve to be baned in muslim section!!! cheesy

what is Cold hard Fact......we have known Allah(GOD) to truly exist,there is no any other Hard FACT!!! (am not Debating this here)!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday / How To Prepare For Church Meetings / Prophet Muhammed Said Adam Was 60 Cubit Tall (98.4251969 Feet)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.