Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . (4264 Views)

Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City / LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. / Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 8:11pm On Feb 15, 2013
What nigerians are good rape and kill in hillbrow
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by Abrantie: 8:16pm On Feb 15, 2013
londoner: OP....are you a Nigerian?

My guess is that you are either from Ghana or South Africa.........

Don't Nigerians belittle their own country, cities, hometowns or people? Even if OP was from Ghana or SA, does that change the facts about Lagos?
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 15, 2013
tim107: What nigerians are good rape and kill in hillbrow
point me to an online source about a Nigerian involved in molestation in SA and I'll shut my gob.... sowetanlive.co.za knows how to riddicle other African countries, search it..I'm waiting...
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 8:18pm On Feb 15, 2013
Mtn is allover the world not just nigeria
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 15, 2013
Abrantie:

Don't Nigerians belittle their own country, cities, hometowns or people? Even if OP was from Ghana or SA, does that change the facts about Lagos?
Lagos has slums and beautiful places as well as Johannesburg.. but the media is interested in painting a bad image..my lawd even the US has slums
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 8:21pm On Feb 15, 2013
Hillbrow looks and smell like lagos! Crime , drugs police are working overtime
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by ba7man(m): 9:19pm On Feb 15, 2013
tim107: Mtn is allover the world not just nigeria
Their market in Nigeria is the largest. Mention one country with as much subscribers as they do in Nigeria. Nigeria is their golden egg. 147million subscribers in Africa, Nigeria accounts for 43million.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 15, 2013
ba7man: Their market in Nigeria is the largest. Mention one country with as much subscribers as they do in Nigeria. Nigeria is their golden egg. 147million subscribers in Africa, Nigeria accounts for 43million.
the SA dude is a lost cause.... uninformed, and lack exposure..
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by ba7man(m): 10:51pm On Feb 15, 2013
sheyie2007:
the SA dude is a lost cause.... uninformed, and lack exposure..
If they loose the Nigerian market, that's almost 1/3rd of their subscriber base in Africa. I know the other telecoms companies will be itching to move in and take over from where they left off. And they've got the Sh*ttiest network of the whole lot. As I'm typing this message, someone's complaining bout MTN network.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 15, 2013
a lot of them are uninformed, they think naija has only mtn... thank God we have nairaland as a medium to educate these bas tards
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by Obiagu1(m): 2:52am On Feb 16, 2013
The cost required to upgrade Lagos to a livable state is more than what will be required to build an entirely new city!
Worst case of urban sprawling with zero infrastructure.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by TechRev: 6:24am On Feb 16, 2013
Why did Mods hide the pictures?? I dont think that is fair. This headmaster thing the mods are doing is getting too much.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by Rhino5dm: 6:33am On Feb 16, 2013
Where did you get the 300 billion Lagos monthly IGR from? Was that the effect of the 50 dead bodies contaminating your source of drinking water? 300 * 12 = 3.6 trillion in a year? . . .so how much is Nigeria's total yearly IGR? So much of a shameless low self esteem guy claiming to be from south west. Your hatred towards anything Yoruba betrays you at once.

You think schooling alone in south west can make you one of us? if you like start wearing 3/4 trousers and mark up your face, you can only deceive yourself. Fool

tomakint: ..and this is a city generating N300 billion monthly, undecided yet miseries are almost in every nooks and crannies of a place they coyly tagged 'Eko o ni baje' and goons will invade a Jonathan's achievements thread that Fashola is working, hmmmnnnn.....wonders as they say will never cease to happen. The question now is, where are they channeling the N300 billion monthly internal-generated revenues into? This is a real, big SHAME undecided
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by Rhino5dm: 6:39am On Feb 16, 2013
Yes, But Lagos alone is far far far greater than your entire region in all ramifications. Lagos IGR is greater than the whole of south east put together, annual income is greater than that of your region put together.

How much will it take to make your region livable?

Obiagu1: The cost required to upgrade Lagos to a livable state is more than what will be required to build an entirely new city!
Worst case of urban sprawling with zero infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by Rhino5dm: 6:57am On Feb 16, 2013
The OP is a mischievous goat suffering from acute dehydration. Most of those pictures are old . Imagine the toad posting 2000 pictures of Oshodi bridge and claiming to be recent?

Posting CMS of 2000 claiming to be recent? A place converted to a neat parking lots with sight of well planed green vegetation refreshing the mind? I was about posting the recent pictures to shame the goat before realising the mods did a wonderful job.

The deaf, blind and dumb bigots can say trashy things, but won't stop bright minds like Fashola changing the landscape of Nigeria.

sheyie2007:
Lagos has slums and beautiful places as well as Johannesburg.. but the media is interested in painting a bad image..my lawd even the US has slums
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 16, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
The OP is a mischievous goat suffering from acute dehydration. Most of those pictures are old . Imagine the toad posting 2000 pictures of Oshodi bridge and claiming to be recent?

Posting CMS of 2000 claiming to be recent? A place converted to a neat parking lots with sight of well planed green vegetation refreshing the mind? I was about posting the recent pictures to shame the goat before realising the mods did a wonderful job.

The deaf, blind and dumb bigots can say trashy things, but won't stop bright minds like Fashola changing the landscape of Nigeria.

the OP is a depressed south African that found google.. tongue

1 Like

Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by eaglechild: 8:33pm On Feb 16, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Yes, But Lagos alone is far far far greater than your entire region in all ramifications. Lagos IGR is greater than the whole of south east put together, annual income is greater than that of your region put together.

How much will it take to make your region livable?

Gosh
This OP really got to you.
And who owns Lagos?
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 8:55pm On Feb 16, 2013
sheyie2007:
Go and sleep with your 3 year old.. thats what you black south Africans are good at...and stop posting old pictures here
is what nigerians are doing in hillbrow and selling drug, dats why we going to kill u
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 8:58pm On Feb 16, 2013
eaglechild:
Gosh
This OP really got to you.
And who owns Lagos?
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by koruji(m): 10:39pm On Feb 16, 2013
May be if people like you leave Lagos the rest of Lagos can breath easier.
But you are probably paying the bus fare for your next village person to come to that same shitty Lagos to enjoy that shitty life with you!!!

tomakint: ..and this is a city generating N30 billion monthly, undecided yet miseries are almost in every nooks and crannies of a place they coyly tagged 'Eko o ni baje' and goons will invade a Jonathan's achievements thread that Fashola is working, hmmmnnnn.....wonders as they say will never cease to happen. The question now is, where are they channeling the N30 billion monthly internal-generated revenues into? This is a real, big SHAME undecided

1 Like

Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by ba7man(m): 5:27am On Feb 17, 2013
tomakint: ..and this is a city generating N30 billion monthly, undecided yet miseries are almost in every nooks and crannies of a place they coyly tagged 'Eko o ni baje' and goons will invade a Jonathan's achievements thread that Fashola is working, hmmmnnnn.....wonders as they say will never cease to happen. The question now is, where are they channeling the N30 billion monthly internal-generated revenues into? This is a real, big SHAME undecided
You obviously don't live in Lagos. Also, in your hurry to criticize Lagos, you wrote 300 billion Naira. Why didn't you mistakenly write 3 Billion?? Were you trying to inflate the figures to make your arguement more credible??
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by ba7man(m): 5:48am On Feb 17, 2013
tim107: Nigerians needs south africa moore than south africa needs nigeria.
I'v tried avoiding this thread but i'm forced to comment based on your posts. Are you white or black South African?? I'm sure you're black with the way you sound. You and i know that whatever attracts a Nigerian to S.A was put in place by the whites and you blacks there didn't do diddly squat. True, there are a lot of bad Nigerians over there and i strongly disapprove of their actions. If they get killed, no problem, they asked for it....and we're approximately 170 million. What's your beef with Nigeria?? Do they date your girls that ignore you?? I know a lot of you also hate us for that. At least be thankful we fought for your arses....If not, who knows?? You might still be in Soweto singing Apartheid songs and being shot at.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by ba7man(m): 6:01am On Feb 17, 2013
Its people like this @OP that makes me wonder how a lot of Black South Africans can be so backwards despite all their country has to offer. I guess You can't shake decades of supression off in so little time. I remember being happy when they got free in the 90's now this lil sh*t is online talking trash. I know psychology and this is what's really wrong with you...You suffer from an Inferiority Complex so you seek for a victim that you can unleash the backlash on. Don't you dare boast bout anything in your country b'cos you have no idea how it got there. The whites put them there.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by Rhino5dm: 6:40am On Feb 17, 2013
No one is from south Africa here, don't be deceived. He is from the group suffering from acute low self esteem that can only feel important claiming other places. The ediot I replied up there claims to be from south west and many other goats in his category claiming north or south south here on nairaland.

Check out this, 90% of those typing Lagos are not from southwest and who does that?

leaving your house on fire and crying more than bereaved on issues that doesn't involve you? No one is comparing Lagos with Manhattan, but we are inching one day at time. Heck, that city is taking shape by the day with the gentle touch from Fashola. Imagine the useless toad posting Oshodi of 2000?

ba7man: I'v tried avoiding this thread but i'm forced to comment based on your posts. Are you white or black South African?? I'm sure you're black with the way you sound. You and i know that whatever attracts a Nigerian to S.A was put in place by the whites and you blacks there didn't do diddly squat. True, there are a lot of bad Nigerians over there and i strongly disapprove of their actions. If they get killed, no problem, they asked for it....and we're approximately 170 million. What's your beef with Nigeria?? Do they date your girls that ignore you?? I know a lot of you also hate us for that. At least be thankful we fought for your arses....If not, who knows?? You might still be in Soweto singing Apartheid songs and being shot at.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 7:21am On Feb 17, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
No one is from south Africa here, don't be deceived. He is from the group suffering from acute low self esteem that can only feel important claiming other places. The ediot I replied up there claims to be from south west and many other goats in his category claiming north or south south here on nairaland.

Check out this, 90% of those typing Lagos are not from southwest and who does that?

leaving your house on fire and crying more than bereaved on issues that doesn't involve you? No one is comparing Lagos with Manhattan, but we are inching one day at time. Heck, that city is taking shape by the day with the gentle touch from Fashola. Imagine the useless toad posting Oshodi of 2000?

Bleep nigeria and nigerians you wash, sleep, eat, school in river. Rejected by the whole world.the lost tribe. SA is not lagos where u eat snakes and shit in river! Nigerians have turn hillbrow into lagos where rape , kill and drugs. Every where go its a mess malasia , italy, kenya . We will fucken kill ur ass in SA. I'm going to McDonalds for breakfast and you can go and chase some crocodiles. I will be back and tell you how much I hate nigerians

1 Like

Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by ba7man(m): 8:52am On Feb 17, 2013
tim107: Bleep nigeria and nigerians you wash, sleep, eat, school in river. Rejected by the whole world.the lost tribe. SA is not lagos where u eat snakes and shit in river! Nigerians have turn hillbrow into lagos where rape , kill and drugs. Every where go its a mess malasia , italy, kenya . We will fucken kill ur ass in SA. I'm going to McDonalds for breakfast and you can go and chase some crocodiles. I will be back and tell you how much I hate nigerians
OMG!!! So you're part of those people that feel they've arrived b'cos they eat junk food?? I'm dissapointed in you. You might be in S.A but you lack exposure. BTW, all what you just wrote up there is crap b'cos it happens only in your head.....and also exposes your ignorance (I don't even think you have a sound education with the trash you just spewed). Damn!!....thinking you're spiteing people by advertizing fast food....proves u're a low life with internet acess....probably an under-aged thug. The person you just quoted his post employs people and pays their salaries. What do you contribute to S.A?.....apart from your 4:50rand or whatever it is you're paying to buy breakfast.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by ba7man(m): 8:59am On Feb 17, 2013
@Rhino.5dm. Can you belive this guy?? Advertizing eating breakfast in McDonalds as if its a big deal. What a Joke. 2000?? Kids born when those pics were taken can have legit sex by now. Xcept Makoko which can be cleared in a week save for the sentiment for the displaced occupants. Even Malaysia and other south East Asian countries have water side shanties so what's that "sanitary pad" chatting??
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 9:33am On Feb 17, 2013
ba7man: @Rhino.5dm. Can you belive this guy?? Advertizing eating breakfast in McDonalds as if its a big deal. What a Joke. 2000?? Kids born when those pics were taken can have legit sex by now. Xcept Makoko which can be cleared in a week save for the sentiment for the displaced occupants. Even Malaysia and other south East Asian countries have water side shanties so what's that "sanitary pad" chatting??
Nigeria came last of 80 countries researched. A new study by the Economist Intelligence Unit, EIU, has ranked Nigeria as the worst place for baby to be born.

The EIU, a sister company of The Economist, ranked Nigeria 80th out of the 80 countries considered for the study with a score of 4.74 out of 10, just below Kenya which scored 4.91.

South Africa, at 53rd position, was the best placed African country with a score of 5.89.

Four North African nations (Algeria, Egypt, Tunisia, and Morocco) as well as oil rich Angola were regarded as better places to bear children ahead of Nigeria.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by ba7man(m): 9:42am On Feb 17, 2013
tim107: Nigeria came last of 80 countries researched. A new study by the Economist Intelligence Unit, EIU, has ranked Nigeria as the worst place for baby to be born.

The EIU, a sister company of The Economist, ranked Nigeria 80th out of the 80 countries considered for the study with a score of 4.74 out of 10, just below Kenya which scored 4.91.

South Africa, at 53rd position, was the best placed African country with a score of 5.89.

Four North African nations (Algeria, Egypt, Tunisia, and Morocco) as well as oil rich Angola were regarded as better places to bear children ahead of Nigeria.
Who cares?? How is that a reason to give yourself headache?? How has that stopped me from moving ahead in life?? I'm in Nigeria but the people surrounding me will comfortably feed you. People over here are working towards improving our lot. What have you contributed to S.A to help her attain that position?? I'm sure you're unemployed.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by ba7man(m): 9:49am On Feb 17, 2013
I have no beef with S.A but with people like you. I was aware when they started letting you guys mix with the whites(that's even if you're not one of those sh*tty Nigerians that luv to criticize their Country), prior to that, I know what your parents have been through....Now coming here and painting it as if you know what development is all about when you've developed nothing.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 9:53am On Feb 17, 2013
ba7man: Who cares?? How is that a reason to give yourself headache?? How has that stopped me from moving ahead in life?? I'm in Nigeria but the people surrounding me will comfortably feed you. People over here are working towards improving our lot. What have you contributed to S.A to help her attain that position?? I'm sure you're unemployed.
that's why we like smacking you! Nigerians are smart but not intelligent. That's the same reason nigeria its a mess!. There is a high threat of kidnapping throughout Nigeria. Is what you call employment?? Selling drugs to little kids is that your employment? 419 scams?
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by ba7man(m): 12:03pm On Feb 17, 2013
tim107: that's why we like smacking you! Nigerians are smart but not intelligent. That's the same reason nigeria its a mess!. There is a high threat of kidnapping throughout Nigeria. Is what you call employment?? Selling drugs to little kids is that your employment? 419 scams?
How can a smart person be dumb?? You just keep revealing your lack of education. Pls, you guys are free to do whatever you please to those Nigerians doing crime over there(they asked for it).....but don't come here and reveal your daftness to all and sundry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abbreviation Of All Current 63 Political Parties In Nigeria / Atiku Opens Multi-billion Naira Beverage Factory In Adamawa / 17 Chadian Soldiers Killed By Boko Haram Buried !!! PIX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.