Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . (4262 Views)

Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City / LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. / Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by londoner: 12:06pm On Feb 17, 2013
@OP....which one are you Ghanaian or South African?

If Nigerians are selling drugs in SA, the SA's need to look within to solve the problem.

If the nation and its children have a problem with drug addiction, so strongly that a man will leave a country who's population far out numbers SA's. Then you have to look at the fact that so many of them are addicted to drugs.....even small children included.....so sad, I agree.

I guess its not as rosey in SA afterall huh?

My advice? Stop supplying the customers.......and drug selling will stop.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by ba7man(m): 12:30pm On Feb 17, 2013
@OP. How would you like it if I took pics from Soweto during d Arpatheid era.....posted it up and generalized all black South African males as HIV carrying rapists and car-jacker??
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 12:44pm On Feb 17, 2013
ba7man: @OP. How would you like it if I took pics from Soweto during d Arpatheid era.....posted it up and generalized all black South African males as HIV carrying rapists and car-jacker??
the world is complaining about nigerians not just SA! Wake up and stop dreaming! South africans are respected the world over. If I vist logos, I will still get heros welcome
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by londoner: 12:46pm On Feb 17, 2013
ba7man: @OP. How would you like it if I took pics from Soweto during d Arpatheid era.....posted it up and generalized all black South African males as HIV carrying rapists and car-jacker??

Don't let the OP get to you.

Capetown is also tagged "R*ape-town".

SA seems to appear frequently on the world's highest rates of homicide and rape lists.

I can understand that they don't like the criminal elements of Nigerians in their country, who would?....I also feel they should do with them what they will. I will never support a criminal Nigerian....ever. However, they are deluded if they don't think their own domestic issues do not exist.

It is no secret that South Africa has a terrible problem with violent crime, so its like the pot calling the kettle black. Not to mention the gangs and kids addicted to glue and other solvents/drugs.

Here in Australia, there are so many SA's.....I always ask them why they moved to OZ....the answer is ALWAYS that they love SA, it is a beautiful country, but they can not live there because it is too violent and unsafe.

This is from both black/coloured and white.

I don't believe all this "SA is a paradise" stuff. To be honest I would be as cautious to visit some places in SA, as I would some places in Nigeria.

Nigerians know our shortcomings more than any Ghanaian or Saffer......I guess they feel relevant in their obsession...lol
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by ba7man(m): 12:48pm On Feb 17, 2013
tim107: aids was brought by nigerian to sa ,rapist and car theft done by nigerians in hillbrow
Liar, the whole world knows these crimes are carried out by Sex starved black South African males that can't woo a chic.....So they resort to Raaaaping their innocent females. I just hope my Female S.A friend is safe...haven't heard from her in a while. You guys even attack us cuz your chics dig us....
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 12:55pm On Feb 17, 2013
ba7man: Liar, the whole world knows these crimes are carried out by Sex starved black South African males that can't woo a chic.....So they resort to Raaaaping their innocent females. I just hope my Female S.A is safe...haven't heard from her in a while. You guys even attack us cuz your chics dig us....
the same reason aids is spreading! With all your malaria, congo fever and what not!
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by ba7man(m): 12:55pm On Feb 17, 2013
londoner:

Don't let the OP get to you.

Capetown is also tagged "R*ape-town".

SA seems to appear frequently on the world's highest rates of homicide and rape lists.

I can understand that they don't like the criminal elements of Nigerians in their country, who would?....I also feel they should do with them what they will. I will never support a criminal Nigerian....ever. However, they are deluded if they don't think their own domestic issues do not exist.

It is no secret that South Africa has a terrible problem with violent crime, so its like the pot calling the kettle black. Not to mention the gangs and kids addicted to glue and other solvents/drugs.

Here in Australia, there are so many SA's.....I always ask them why they moved to OZ....the answer is ALWAYS that they love SA, it is a beautiful country, but they can not live there because it is too violent and unsafe.

This is from both black/coloured and white.

I don't believe all this "SA is a paradise" stuff. To be honest I would be as cautious to visit some places in SA, as I would some places in Nigeria.

Nigerians know our shortcomings more than any Ghanaian or Saffer......I guess they feel relevant in their obsession...lol
You're so right. And its always the low-life ones that engage in xenophobic hate, crime and complain a lot eg the @OP. The real sucessful ones are nice. I wouldn't wanna mix with a low-lifer like this @OP....I need sucessful people around me.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by ba7man(m): 12:59pm On Feb 17, 2013
tim107: the same reason aids is spreading! With all your malaria, congo fever and what not!
I bet you're a Raaapist. I can feel it in your words.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 1:01pm On Feb 17, 2013
ba7man: You're so right. And its always the low-life ones that engage in xenophobic hate and crime and complain a lot eg the @OP. The real sucessful ones are nice.
you can not be on my level , soon to be pilot in the air force! While u taking a shit in the river! watchout I migt come and bomb your ass!
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by londoner: 1:15pm On Feb 17, 2013
@Ba7man....all we can do is laugh huh? Lol

Yep.....some people are not worth the e-time....they need a good dose of ignoring....three times a day, taken with food.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by ba7man(m): 1:16pm On Feb 17, 2013
tim107: you can not be on my level , soon to be pilot in the air force! While u taking a shit in the river! watchout I migt come and bomb your ass!
Big deal, you still got a boss and your arse can get fired anytime. I pay people to work for me (I do the hiring and firing). Don't crash while hating on Nigerians.....you're not a pilot yet so don't celebrate, they might not let you touch the landing gear of a plane if they find out how you've been stuupidly posting trash on NL.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by ba7man(m): 1:20pm On Feb 17, 2013
londoner: @Ba7man....all we can do is laugh huh? Lol

Yep.....some people are not worth the e-time....they need a good dose of ignoring....three times a day, taken with food.

He's training to be a pilot in S.A airforce. Their Airforce is soon going to be in trouble if its Reeetards like this dude they're recruiting. He reasons like a cave man.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by kgr28(m): 1:22pm On Feb 17, 2013
tim107: you can not be on my level , soon to be pilot in the air force! While u taking a shit in the river! watchout I migt come and bomb your ass!
my bro, you cannot reason or convince any nigerian that their country is a mess...if you talk facts bout SA. Their immediate defence is HIV,WHITE PEOPLE, RAPISTS,CARJACKERS. They always brag bout how educated,smart, hotbeautiful they are, gaints of africa. In spite of that their country wack. They are suppose to to power house of west africa,but west africa fvcked up, they cant keep stability in that region. 60 years of independence, claiming their smart they cant and havent fixed their power supply, roads,infrastructure, dont have national carrier, lots of varsities and graduates but their qualifications not up world standards. They just talk too much and they are arrogant. So ntja just annoy them!!
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 1:22pm On Feb 17, 2013
ba7man: Big deal, you still got a boss and your arse can get fired anytime. I pay people to work for me. Don't crash while hating on Nigerians.....you're not a pilot yet so don't celebrate, they might not let you touch the landing gear of a plane if they find out how you've been stuupidly posting trash on NL.
I'm just here to tell you, how much I hate y'all! Your not the boss of me
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by ba7man(m): 1:23pm On Feb 17, 2013
tim107: I'm just here to tell you, how much I hate y'all
We've heard you. Thanks.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by londoner: 1:26pm On Feb 17, 2013
ba7man: He's training to be a pilot in S.A airforce. Their Airforce is soon going to be in trouble if its Reeetards like this dude they're recruiting. He reasons like a cave man.

I guess he thought announcing that he is a trainee pilot was supposed to impress us or something....lol
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by londoner: 1:28pm On Feb 17, 2013
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 1:29pm On Feb 17, 2013
kgr28: my bro, you cannot reason or convince any nigerian that their country is a mess...if you talk facts bout SA. Their immediate defence is HIV,WHITE PEOPLE, RAPISTS,CARJACKERS. They always brag bout how educated,smart, hotbeautiful they are, gaints of africa. In spite of that their country wack. They are suppose to to power house of west africa,but west africa fvcked up, they cant keep stability in that region. 60 years of independence, claiming their smart they cant and havent fixed their power supply, roads,infrastructure, dont have national carrier, lots of varsities and graduates but their qualifications not up world standards. They just talk too much and they are arrogant. So ntja just annoy them!!
the still shit down the river side,wash ,fish and school on the same river!
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by cap28: 1:47pm On Feb 17, 2013
Black south africans and nigerians are more or less in the same boat - both have had their natural resources stolen by europeans who still own everything of value in their country and both have been sold out by their black ruling class.

Also majority of their respective populations live in poverty caused by europeans, the only difference between nigerians and south africans is that black south africans have actually fought to try and free themselves from their enslavers this is mainly due to the fact that they were forced to live under an aparthied system imposed on them by europeans.

Perhaps if nigerians had lived under an aparthied system they would be equally hostile to other africans who were flooding into their country to make a living.

I can not suffer and die to obtain freedom for myself my children and my grandchildren only for a foreigner to come and reap where they did not sow.

Also nigerians should be focusing on removing those puppets of britain and america who run their own country instead of running to other african coutnries to make a living, charity begins at home - you cant expect a south african who fought and died so that his own children and grandchildren could be free in his own country to be happy that you are coming in to have a share in the resources of his country when you were not part of the fight.

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by cap28: 1:59pm On Feb 17, 2013
kgr28: my bro, you cannot reason or convince any nigerian that their country is a mess...if you talk facts bout SA. Their immediate defence is HIV,WHITE PEOPLE, RAPISTS,CARJACKERS. They always brag bout how educated,smart, hotbeautiful they are, gaints of africa. In spite of that their country wack. They are suppose to to power house of west africa,but west africa fvcked up, they cant keep stability in that region. 60 years of independence, claiming their smart they cant and havent fixed their power supply, roads,infrastructure, dont have national carrier, lots of varsities and graduates but their qualifications not up world standards. They just talk too much and they are arrogant. So ntja just annoy them!!
the only reason that south africa remains stable today is because it is still owned and run by whites in the interest of white business interests - many west african countries are deliberately destabilised by europe and america in order to keep those countries in a state of permanent chaos so that western businesses can have easy acces to the natural resources of those countries. countries like liberia, sierra leone, ivory coast were all destabilised by the united states and britain - war is a money making machine and united states is the world's biggest arms dealer, also a war has been going on in DRC since the mid 90s funded by the united states, the europeans allow south africa to remain stable mainly because it was singled out for white settlement there is no way europeans are going to destabilise a country where their own people reside - its called self preservation and patriotism - love for one's own people and culture.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by londoner: 1:59pm On Feb 17, 2013
^^^Then SA companies should pack out of Nigeria too then huh?

Should all people who are recent migrants leave then, because they did not "struggle" historically for the country?

It is not as if Nigeria did not stand beside SA during apartied.........

1 Like

Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by cap28: 2:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
londoner: ^^^Then SA companies should pack out of Nigeria too then huh?

You need to understand that SA companies are owned by europeans not black south africans, your leaders are also working hand in hand with these europeans who come into nigeria rip you off by providing services to nigerians (at extortionate rates) that indigenous nigerian companies should be providng , after reaping huge profits they repartriate all this ill gotten wealth back to either south africa or europe and your corrupt nigerian leaders get a cut for allowing this to happen - now tell me do you think your leaders will want to cut off this very lucrative source of revenue which by the way is only going into their pockets?
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by kgr28(m): 2:18pm On Feb 17, 2013
cap28:

You need to understand that SA companies are owned by europeans not black south africans, your leaders are also working hand in hand with these europeans who come into nigeria rip you off by providing services to nigerians (at extortionate rates) that indigenous nigerian companies should be providng , after reaping huge profits they repartriate all this ill gotten wealth back to either south africa or europe and your corrupt nigerian leaders get a cut for allowing this to happen - now tell me do you think your leaders will want to cut off this very lucrative source of revenue which by the way is only going into their pockets?

which companies are those?? Arent afrikaaners south africans??
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by londoner: 2:18pm On Feb 17, 2013
cap28:

You need to look at the local content bills that have been passed recently, also bills for the oil industry the gov is fighting the oil comps to get passed. which makes it more of a fair arrangement. It may be that you are not too knowledgeable about them.

Look, at the end of the day.....a White South African is South African.....they do not have roots back in Europe that they repatriate the funds to......they are south africans...period.

You cant have your cake and eat it too...........you cant say that Saffers can have businesses worldwide,but nobody can have businesses in SA....the world has moved past that....lol

1 Like

Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by ba7man(m): 2:34pm On Feb 17, 2013
I like the turn this thread has taken now......not filled with daft posts like "They're still sh*tting in the river" and other childish posts by that weird dude. Pls, i need contributions from intelligent South Africans here, we're all still blacks and no one's perfect.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by ba7man(m): 2:52pm On Feb 17, 2013
tim107: the still shit down the river side,wash ,fish and school on the same river!
Very childish post. Its like you're 7years old.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by cap28: 2:55pm On Feb 17, 2013
kgr28: which companies are those?? Arent afrikaaners south africans??

afrikaaners are the descendants of dutch settlers who created a racist socio economic system which ensured that only whites would reap the benefits from the wealth of south africa not the blacks - why did they introduce the bantu education act which prevented black south africans from going beyond primary education, why did they introduce id cards which black south africans were forced to carry when entering white neighbourhoods, why were blacks confined to labouring for the whites in the mines but not allowed to own anything of value in their own country?
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 3:02pm On Feb 17, 2013
cap28:
the only reason that south africa remains stable today is because it is still owned and run by whites in the interest of white business interests - many west african countries are deliberately destabilised by europe and america in order to keep those countries in a state of permanent chaos so that western businesses can have easy acces to the natural resources of those countries. countries like liberia, sierra leone, ivory coast were all destabilised by the united states and britain - war is a money making machine and united states is the world's biggest arms dealer, also a war has been going on in DRC since the mid 90s funded by the united states, the europeans allow south africa to remain stable mainly because it was singled out for white settlement there is no way europeans are going to destabilise a country where their own people reside - its called self preservation and patriotism - love for one's own people and culture.
the question is who controls america? The jews . Who owns the banking systems of the world? The rothchild's are jewish , who owns the world media? The jews, who created hollywood? The jews , who created Google, yahoo ,facebook .ect ?The Jews, who controls south african diamonds ,the jew, who controls oil? Its war on religion . Every islammic country is at war today sponsored by jews. To protect their jewish state israel. If boko haram continues the attack in nigeria, the usa is going to nigeria next
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by londoner: 3:06pm On Feb 17, 2013
cap28:

afrikaaners are the descendants of dutch settlers who created a racist socio economic system which ensured that only whites would reap the benefits from the wealth of south africa not the blacks - why did they introduce the bantu education act which prevented black south africans from going beyond primary education, why did they introduce id cards which black south africans were forced to carry when entering white neighbourhoods, why were blacks confined to labouring for the whites in the mines but not allowed to own anything of value in their own country?

Yes, that is the history.....but on 17/02/2013.......are the above measures still in effect?

No one is saying there is no discrimination based on race today......but they are SOUTH AFRICANS....no matter how distasteful you may find it that a person with white skin has citizenship of an African country.

They see themselves as South Africans and so do black South Africans.

They have decided to share the country with them........the rest of us can not say they are not, when they are accepted as such.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by cap28: 3:13pm On Feb 17, 2013
londoner:

You need to look at the local content bills that have been passed recently, also bills for the oil industry the gov is fighting the oil comps to get passed. which makes it more of a fair arrangement. It may be that you are not too knowledgeable about them.

Look, at the end of the day.....a White South African is South African.....they do not have roots back in Europe that they repatriate the funds to......they are south africans...period.

You cant have your cake and eat it too...........you cant say that Saffers can have businesses worldwide,but nobody can have businesses in SA....the world has moved past that....lol

We are very familiar with the way nigeria does business and fairness is never part of the equation - you only need to read about how shell bp operates in nigeria from some of the wikileaks information and you will understand. To say that the nigerian govt is fighting the oil companies is one of the biggest jokes of all time do you mean shell bp that owns and runs nigeria and owns all of nigeria's corrupt politicians ?

white south africans are not africans they are europeans with very strong roots in europe - do you know that a white south african originally from the UK is entitled to claim british citizenship if he has a grandparent that was born in england - also why is it that white south africans made afrikaans and english official languages of south africa when none of those languages are african languages, they impose their own language on you in your own country to show you that they still regard their own language and culture as superior to your own.

If we as nigerians really want to call the shots as far as dictating who should or should not be doing business in our country we need to address the more pressing problem of getting rid of our corrupt leaders who work hand in hand with those white south africans that come to nigeria to do business, those white south africans are providing goods and services that we should be providing to our own people ourselves and our corrupt govts are supporting them becasue they receive backhanders.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by cap28: 3:19pm On Feb 17, 2013
tim107: the question is who controls america? The jews . Who owns the banking systems of the world? The rothchild's are jewish , who owns the world media? The jews, who created hollywood? The jews , who created Google, yahoo ,facebook .ect ?The Jews, who controls south african diamonds ,the jew, who controls oil? Its war on religion . Every islammic country is at war today sponsored by jews. To protect their jewish state israel. If boko haram continues the attack in nigeria, the usa is going to nigeria next

i agree
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by londoner: 3:21pm On Feb 17, 2013
^^^^Did u have a look at the local content bill at all? Also the oil bills that Deziani is trying to get passed?

Nigerians are already trying to make it a fairer arrangement where we are not just being hoodwinked over our own resources.

Nigeria is not trying to be xenophobic, which I would not support either, I don't like that way of relating to the other nations with which we share this world. This is a global world.....its just that we have to come to the table as partners, rather than door mats that's all.

Don't be offended, but can i ask if you are a diasporian Nigerian by birth?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PIX: Former Ghana President, J.J Rawlings Strolling Without Security In Accra / Meet Nigeria's Neatest Mechanic That's More Educated Than You(photos) / Nigerians React As Reno Omokri Exposes Many Lies Of Buhari Independence Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.