Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,140 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . (4261 Views)

Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City / LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. / Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by cap28: 3:27pm On Feb 17, 2013
londoner:

Yes, that is the history.....but on 17/02/2013.......are the above measures still in effect?

No one is saying there is no discrimination based on race today......but they are SOUTH AFRICANS....no matter how distasteful you may find it that a person with white skin has citizenship of an African country.

They see themselves as South Africans and so do black South Africans.

They have decided to share the country with them........the rest of us can not say they are not, when they are accepted as such.

the legacy of those measures are responsible for the inequality that exists in south africa today.

years of aparthied has created generations of black south africans with limited education and a lot of bitterness - if i were a black south african i would feel bitter too when looking back at how my parents and grand parents were disenfranchised in their own country.

white south africans still see themselves as europeans this is why they speak afrikaans and english - if they saw themselves as africans they would do away with their own language and culture.

they are not africans just as a black person born in europe is not a european

also whites did not decide to share the country with blacks - they were forced to do so as a result of sustained challenges from the ANC and the fear of an impending race war in which they would have sustained loss of valuable property and lives.

Did you know prior to the end of white minority rule the israeli's were helping them to build a nuclear weapon? why do you think they were doing that?
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by londoner: 3:35pm On Feb 17, 2013
I did not say that White Saffers decided to share with Blacks......Blacks decided to share the country with them......Mandela, when he was released and became president , chose not to chase them out but to build a future with them.........there is nothing you can do about it.

I was born in a European country.....I am not European in the racial sense, but I am British by birth and Nigerian by heritage/blood.

Earlier, you were talking to me about SA's being negative towards others reeping when they did not struggle. Youbacceot that Whites helped to build the country up, for their own means........so if they also used their effort to build up SA, are you now saying they should not be considered South African?

They may not be ethnically African but their nationality is South African.

They did not simply repatriate all monies back to Europe, like the Brits did with 9ja..............they invested it there just like you said earlier.

Its like saying that a Jamaican is not Caribbean....or a black American is not American.

People can belong to a country over time.....especially in this modern time.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by cap28: 3:39pm On Feb 17, 2013
londoner: ^^^^Did u have a look at the local content bill at all? Also the oil bills that Deziani is trying to get passed?

Nigerians are already trying to make it a fairer arrangement where we are not just being hoodwinked over our own resources.

Nigeria is not trying to be xenophobic, which I would not support either, I don't like that way of relating to the other nations with which we share this world. This is a global world.....its just that we have to come to the table as partners, rather than door mats that's all.

Don't be offended, but can i ask if you are a diasporian Nigerian by birth?

Why would any right thinking nigerian trust anything that comes out of the mouth of Deizani? It has already been verified that this woman is a thief and a liar - she is part of the cabal that are running nigeria into the ground and yet this is the woman you have faith in?

I will say it again - Nigeria does not actually own or control its own resources therefore i think you are missing the point when you talk about a fairer arrangement - what you have in nigeria is a country run by nigerian turn coats who have collaborated with our enemies.

I was born in the UK but i have lived in nigeria and therefore do have an understanding of how things work back home.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by TableLeg(m): 3:40pm On Feb 17, 2013
Not surprised
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 3:54pm On Feb 17, 2013
cap28:

i agree
the countries that have no jewish influence or control is cuba , sudan, iran, north korea. Two of those countries are developing nuclear weapons to protect themselves from who?? The jews
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by Msauza(m): 3:54pm On Feb 17, 2013
cap28:

We are very familiar with the way nigeria does business and fairness is never part of the equation - you only need to read about how shell bp operates in nigeria from some of the wikileaks information and you will understand. To say that the nigerian govt is fighting the oil companies is one of the biggest jokes of all time do you mean shell bp that owns and runs nigeria and owns all of nigeria's corrupt politicians ?

white south africans are not africans they are europeans with very strong roots in europe - do you know that a white south african originally from the UK is entitled to claim british citizenship if he has a grandparent that was born in england - also why is it that white south africans made afrikaans and english official languages of south africa when none of those languages are african languages, they impose their own language on you in your own country to show you that they still regard their own language and culture as superior to your own.

If we as nigerians really want to call the shots as far as dictating who should or should not be doing business in our country we need to address the more pressing problem of getting rid of our corrupt leaders who work hand in hand with those white south africans that come to nigeria to do business, those white south africans are providing goods and services that we should be providing to our own people ourselves and our corrupt govts are supporting them becasue they receive backhanders.

In terms of the constitution of the RSA, official languages did not gain their status based on their African origin. They have been meticulously selected based upon groups of people or tribes which reside in South Africa irrespective of their origin. Afrikaans is derived from Dutch and is widely spoken by over 18 million people in South Africa, hence, we cannot deny the fact that many families in South Africa speak Afrikaans, thus needed to be officiated. This apply to English as well which is the medium of communication in SA and besides its native speakers, it is spoken by majority of SA citizen. Even though Portuguese, khoi khoi and San have not yet been declared official languages in SA, our constitution does not ignore it altogether and recognises it as the language that is widely spoken by minority groups in SA.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by cap28: 3:57pm On Feb 17, 2013
londoner: I did not say that White Saffers decided to share with Blacks......Blacks decided to share the country with them......Mandela, when he was released and became president , chose not to chase them out but to build a future with them.........there is nothing you can do about it.

I was born in a European country.....I am not European in the racial sense, but I am British by birth and Nigerian by heritage/blood.

Earlier, you were talking to me about SA's being negative towards others reeping when they did not struggle. Youbacceot that Whites helped to build the country up, for their own means........so if they also used their effort to build up SA, are you now saying they should not be considered South African?

They may not be ethnically African but their nationality is South African.

They did not simply repatriate all monies back to Europe, like the Brits did with 9ja..............they invested it there just like you said earlier.

Its like saying that a Jamaican is not Caribbean....or a black American is not American.

People can belong to a country over time.....especially in this modern time.

Well i think you need to read up on what really happened prior to Mandela's release - the long and short of it was that Mandela cut a deal with the whites and the deal ended up leaving the wealth of the country in the hands of the whites while the blacks were allowed symbolic freedom - this freedom did not include nationalisation of the mines or land redistribution. It also didnt address some really pressing problems like the huge disparity in education, housing and access to jobs between white and black south africans and if it did it was only superficial - thats why these problems are still there and thats why the majority of black south africans are still in the same position that they were in before aparthied was (superficially) dismantled.

I dont think the whites should be allowed to hold on to all of their wealth as it is stolen wealth gained at the expense of the indigenous people - i support nationalisation of all of south africa's mining companies and the redistribution of land so that the indigenous people are compensated for the years of exploitation and abuse that they suffered at the hands of the whites (descendants of the british and dutch settlers) - if the whites were serious about running a so called rainbow culture that is what they would have done - but they are merely paying lip service to the principles of justice and equalit because they dont want to give up their ill gotten wealth.

blacks in the carribean and the united states were kidnapped from africa by europeans and forced to work as slaves in those lands till they dropped dead - white south africans voluntarily settled in south africa, waged war on the indigenous people, stole their land and then imposed a racist socio econonmic system on the indigenous people - there is no comparison between the two.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 4:17pm On Feb 17, 2013
cap28:

Well i think you need to read up on what really happened prior to Mandela's release - the long and short of it was that Mandela cut a deal with the whites and the deal ended up leaving the wealth of the country in the hands of the whites while the blacks were allowed symbolic freedom - this freedom did not include nationalisation of the mines or land redistribution. It also didnt address some really pressing problems like the huge disparity in education, housing and access to jobs between white and black south africans and if it did it was only superficial - thats why these problems are still there and thats why the majority of black south africans are still in the same position that they were in before aparthied was (superficially) dismantled.

I dont think the whites should be allowed to hold on to all of their wealth as it is stolen wealth gained at the expense of the indigenous people - i support nationalisation of all of south africa's mining companies and the redistribution of land so that the indigenous people are compensated for the years of exploitation and abuse that they suffered at the hands of the whites (descendants of the british and dutch settlers) - if the whites were serious about running a so called rainbow culture that is what they would have done - but they are merely paying lip service to the principles of justice and equalit because they dont want to give up their ill gotten wealth.

blacks in the carribean and the united states were kidnapped from africa by europeans and forced to work as slaves in those lands till they dropped dead - white south africans voluntarily settled in south africa, waged war on the indigenous people, stole their land and then imposed a racist socio econonmic system on the indigenous people - there is no comparison between the two.

100% correct BEE
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by cap28: 4:27pm On Feb 17, 2013
This is why Mandela is loved worldwide by white people - do you think they would hold him in such high esteem if he had insisted that their white brothers and sisters in south africa had to part with their stolen wealth?
you only have to look at what they think of Mugabe to know how they would have reacted.

Even Winnie Mandela (who i have a lot of respect for) had this to say about her former husband:

"This name Mandela is an albatross around the necks of my family. You all must realize that Mandela was not the only man who suffered. There were many others, hundreds who languished in prison and died. Many unsung and unknown heroes of the struggle, and there were others in the leadership too, like poor Steve Biko, who died of the beatings, horribly all alone. Mandela did go to prison and he went in there as a burning young revolutionary. But look what came out," she said to Naipaul.

'Mandela let us down'

Mandela pointed to the agreement between the Apartheid government and the ANC that, she says, continues to keep the economy in the hands of white people.

"Mandela let us down. He agreed to a bad deal for the blacks. Economically, we are still on the outside. The economy is very much 'white'. It has a few token blacks, but so many who gave their life in the struggle have died unrewarded."

http://www.assatashakur.org/forum/carriers-torch/47759-madiba-betrayed-us-winnie-mandela.html

1 Like

Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by kgr28(m): 4:39pm On Feb 17, 2013
cap28:

afrikaaners are the descendants of dutch settlers who created a racist socio economic system which ensured that only whites would reap the benefits from the wealth of south africa not the blacks - why did they introduce the bantu education act which prevented black south africans from going beyond primary education, why did they introduce id cards which black south africans were forced to carry when entering white neighbourhoods, why were blacks confined to labouring for the whites in the mines but not allowed to own anything of value in their own country?

i asked which companies in sa are owned by europeans?? Dont tell me history i knw! Arent afrikaaners south africans, born and bread in sa, hence afrikaaners mean white africans?? Them sa white afrikaaners built SA before 1994 at the expense of blacks!! Wich eauropean built sa ??and owns sa now??
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 4:45pm On Feb 17, 2013
cap28: This is why Mandela is loved worldwide by white people - do you think they would hold him in such high esteem if he had insisted that their white brothers and sisters in south africa had to part with their stolen wealth?
you only have to look at what they think of Mugabe to know how they would have reacted.

Even Winnie Mandela (who i have a lot of respect for) had this to say about her former husband:

http://www.assatashakur.org/forum/carriers-torch/47759-madiba-betrayed-us-winnie-mandela.html
The black people are not part new world order(illumunati)
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2013
kgr28: i asked which companies in sa are owned by europeans?? Dont tell me history i knw! Arent afrikaaners south africans, born and bread in sa, hence afrikaaners mean white africans?? Them sa white afrikaaners built SA before 1994 at the expense of blacks!! Wich eauropean built sa ??and owns sa now??
dull brat.. you know your history too well my foot..
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by kgr28(m): 4:51pm On Feb 17, 2013
sheyie2007:
dull brat..
grin
sheyie2007:
dull brat..
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 5:03pm On Feb 17, 2013
sheyie2007:
dull brat.. you know your history too well my foot..
let's put facts on the table and no name calling
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by Ejine(m): 6:29pm On Feb 17, 2013
ba7man: @Rhino.5dm. Can you belive this guy?? Advertizing eating breakfast in McDonalds as if its a big deal. What a Joke. 2000?? Kids born when those pics were taken can have legit sex by now. Xcept Makoko which can be cleared in a week save for the sentiment for the displaced occupants. Even Malaysia and other south East Asian countries have water side shanties so what's that "sanitary pad" chatting??

Wait a second... 2013 - 2000 = 13 years!!! shocked
Dude, did you start having sex at the age of 13?

O booooooy, you baaaaaaad o! shocked shocked grin
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by ba7man(m): 6:40pm On Feb 17, 2013
Ejiné:

Wait a second... 2013 - 2000 = 13 years!!! shocked
Dude, did you start having sex at the age of 13?

O booooooy, you baaaaaaad o! shocked shocked grin
Lol, Cool down jooor....like say no be house girl disvirgin you. But on a serious note, that pix can be as old as early 90's.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by cap28: 7:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
kgr28: i asked which companies in sa are owned by europeans?? Dont tell me history i knw! Arent afrikaaners south africans, born and bread in sa, hence afrikaaners mean white africans?? Them sa white afrikaaners built SA before 1994 at the expense of blacks!! Wich eauropean built sa ??and owns sa now??

anglo american plc - british

BASF - german

british american tobacco - british and americans

Estee Lauder - jewish americans of european origin

Old Mutual - european

Volkswagen - german

Ernst and Young - british and american

and many others
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by cap28: 7:13pm On Feb 17, 2013
tim107: The black people are not part new world order(illumunati)

true, we are just white people's pawns.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 17, 2013
tim107: let's put facts on the table and no name calling
digest it.. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afrikaans both of you are dimwits
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 7:25pm On Feb 17, 2013
[quote author=cap28]
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by ba7man(m): 7:30pm On Feb 17, 2013
sheyie2007:
I think its better if we avoid name callings. It more mature.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 7:38pm On Feb 17, 2013
sheyie2007:
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 7:46pm On Feb 17, 2013
sheyie2007:
afrikaans can be spoken and understood in south africa not europe. White afrikaaners when the travell to Europe they speak English only. Nobody in USA or Europe speaks afrikaans
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 7:47pm On Feb 17, 2013
sheyie2007:
afrikaans can be spoken and understood in south africa not europe. White afrikaaners when the travell to Europe they speak English only. Nobody in USA or Europe speaks afrikaans.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 7:59pm On Feb 17, 2013
cap28:

true, we are just white people's pawns.
dats the same reason africans will die in poverty for many years to come. Do you know that aids is controlled by jews, they make trillion . By selling pills and testing equipment. Look at magic johson, the said he had hiv but he still alive today.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by ba7man(m): 8:11pm On Feb 17, 2013
tim107: dats the same reason africans will die in poverty for many years to come.
Knowledge is spreading fast amongst the black populace of Africa so i'll have to disagree with your point. Those that choose to wallow in ignorance and those that look up to a higher system (Eg Their Government, White Corporations) to provide for them will remain pawns and are likely to remain supressed. By focusing on the people and providing solutions to their problems will help an individual rise and he will in turn pull people along with him.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 8:16pm On Feb 17, 2013
ba7man: Knowledge is spreading fast amongst the black populace of Africa so i'll have to disagree with your point. Those that choose to wallow in ignorance and those that look up to a higher system (Eg Their Government, White Corporations) to provide for them will remain pawns and are likely to remain supressed. By focusing on the people and providing solutions to their problems will help an individual rise and he will in turn pull people along with him.
point taken, case study zimbabwe mugabe tried look what they did to zimbabwe
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by cap28: 8:23pm On Feb 17, 2013
ba7man: Knowledge is spreading fast amongst the black populace of Africa so i'll have to disagree with your point. Those that choose to wallow in ignorance and those that look up to a higher system (Eg Their Government, White Corporations) to provide for them will remain pawns and are likely to remain supressed. By focusing on the people and providing solutions to their problems will help an individual rise and he will in turn pull people along with him.

i beg to differ - take a look at our tv stations in nigeria - what kind of information do they transmit to the masses? all nigerians are being taught is how to be immitation europeans and americans, teh average young nigerian idolises anything from europe or america and knows nothing about how those places have historically abused and exploited african people.

The best way to control a people is to do so psycholoigically - once you control a man's mind you don't have to do anything else to him as he becomes your slave.

How many nigerians know anything about europe and america's agenda of population control towards africa?

how many nigerians know anything about the economic enslavement of african countries by way of the US controlled world bank, how about the european controlled IMF that has systematically destroyed the economies of so many african countries.

sometimes when i read some of the topics on the front page of NL i want to weep.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by cap28: 8:34pm On Feb 17, 2013
tim107: point taken, case study zimbabwe mugabe tried look what they did to zimbabwe

Don't forget Muammar Qaddfi's untimely death at the hands of the NATO gangsters.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by tim107: 8:38pm On Feb 17, 2013
cap28:

i beg to differ - take a look at our tv stations in nigeria - what kind of information do they transmit to the masses? all nigerians are being taught is how to be immitation europeans and americans, teh average young nigerian idolises anything from europe or america and knows nothing about how those places have historically abused and exploited african people.

The best way to control a people is to do so psycholoigically - once you control a man's mind you don't have to do anything else to him as he becomes your slave.

How many nigerians know anything about europe and america's agenda of population control towards africa?

how many nigerians know anything about the economic enslavement of african countries by way of the US controlled world bank, how about the european controlled IMF that has systematically destroyed the economies of so many african countries.

sometimes when i read some of the topics on the front page of NL i want to weep.
imf and world bank are owned by rothchild look at zimbabwe
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by cap28: 8:47pm On Feb 17, 2013
tim107: imf and world bank are owned by rothchild look at zimbabwe

I know, the european and american politicians have all been bought and paid for by multinational corporations and the banking elite, this is why any country that tries to operate outside their control gets smashed to pieces - this is what happened to Libya - infact Qadaffi's sons were friendly with Nat Rothschild but even that could not save them from invasion, the libyan central bank was the only african central bank operating outside the rothschild controlled banking cartels.
Re: LAGOS IS WORLD’S THIRD WORST CITY . by cap28: 8:52pm On Feb 17, 2013
HIV aids, endless wars funded by the United States and EU, debt enslavement are what the United States and the EU have imposed on africa and its people for the past 30 years, is there any way out from this endless nightmare?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah / State Of Illinois,U.S.A recognizes BIAFRA, Declares Remembrance Day. / Governor Rochas Okorocha VS Willie Obiano - Quarrel Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.