Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation (17713 Views)

5000 Unclad People To Protest In Nairobi Ahead Of President Obama Visit / Man Sets Himself On Fire In The U.S / Tunisian Man Sets Himself Ablaze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 14, 2013
dare2think:

I was basically saying you were 'cold' with that statement, but in an 'agbero' lingo!

Ohh. Shebi "cold" is "tutu"
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by nitlad: 6:53pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

Smart people. Nobody wants a lick from that fire.

Imbe cile prolly thought they'd rescue him.
O godt! angry
You don't gerrit do you tongue

Anise, dem this ones nor wan make dem rescue dem.... They want to die! Akin to suicide bombing not involving others shar. This is usually done to draw attention to a cause.

Wo help yourself jare undecided tongue
www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-immolation
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Ammyng(f): 6:58pm On Feb 14, 2013
Is it that bad over there in Africa?
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Karismatik(f): 7:00pm On Feb 14, 2013
Wsdm: We Africans are not yet ready to call our leaders to order. If i am going to kill my self because of the sorry state our leaders have put our country, one of them must go with me.
i tink u hav a point here.
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by ideee03(f): 7:01pm On Feb 14, 2013
An insane and barbaric act...maybe he's a wanted man at home.
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by begwong: 7:02pm On Feb 14, 2013
donroxy: A Nigerian also killed himself cuz he's scared of Home....... Is Africa dis Bad that some peeps are damned scared of Home!!!!
and hw is pakistan where u live better off than naija
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 14, 2013
nitlad:
O godt! angry
You don't gerrit do you tongue

Anise, dem this ones nor wan make dem rescue dem.... They want to die! Akin to suicide bombing not involving others shar. This is usually done to draw attention to a cause.

Wo help yourself jare undecided tongue
www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-immolation

Why would you wanna burn yourself just to draw attention to a cause you won't be alive to ascertain its success?

Very dumb. Aren't there other alternatives?
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by dare2think: 7:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

Ohh. Shebi "cold" is "tutu"

Yes, but in terms of emotions its different.

'She broke his heart, she is cold'
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 14, 2013
dare2think:

Yes, but in terms of emotions its different.

'She broke his heart, she is cold'

So how would you translate this to Yoruba?

Yoruba not agbero slang abeg.
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by dare2think: 7:13pm On Feb 14, 2013
cant figure. You help me then
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 14, 2013
dare2think: cant figure. You help me then

That's your homework for tonight. Figure it out.
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by nitlad: 7:15pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

Why would you wanna burn yourself just to draw attention to a cause you won't be alive to ascertain its success?

Very dumb. Aren't there other alternatives?
Ehn ehn cheesy

Now that question should be directed to the Dalai Lama , cos koye emi na tongue tongue cheesy cheesy

www.dalailama.com/

You can also follow him on Twitter if you sabi use am tongue @DalaiLama or www.twitter.com/DalaiLama
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Arsenate(m): 7:16pm On Feb 14, 2013
I don't pity cowards. No pity for those that run to other mans land leaving theirs in shambles. Sit your @ss at home and fix it.

1 Like

Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 14, 2013
nitlad:
Ehn ehn cheesy

Now that question should be directed to the Dalai Lama , cos koye emi na tongue tongue cheesy cheesy

www.dalailama.com/

You can also follow him on Twitter if you sabi use am tongue @DalaiLama or twitter.com/DalaiLama

Funny guy
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by vanstanzy(m): 7:19pm On Feb 14, 2013
See correct stunt. cheesy cheesy cheesy My guess is he's a stuntman.
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by efe22(m): 7:19pm On Feb 14, 2013
I don't know what to say again. The works of frustration and poverty. God help us
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by nitlad: 7:19pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

Funny guy
tongue tongue grin grin

I'm out yo cool
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Niseamaka(m): 7:24pm On Feb 14, 2013
cyril83: be proud of the country that has no future for you. Shame! Let us all arise and fight for the safety of the country instead of empty proudness.

EMPTY PROUDESSS!.That`s why Nigeria will not wake up from this deep slumber in a long time. Many people are used to suffering, smiling and feeling very contented. Why?, because that`s the type of life they`ve known and lived all along.So what do you expect from people like that : blind patriotic proudness. Although i love my country very much and visit regularly with my wife and kids, i cannot be proud of the pathetic state of affairs in that country.

1 Like

Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 14, 2013
wow. undecided
that's sad.

donroxy: A Nigerian also killed himself cuz he's scared of Home....... Is Africa dis Bad that some peeps are damned scared of Home!!!!

i know. right. undecided

@topic: reminds me of that congolese lady who set
herself on fire to protest racism a few years back.
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Artistree: 7:27pm On Feb 14, 2013
vizboy: that guy is mentally insame
All insanity na mentally e dey start na
,abi?
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 14, 2013
vanstanzy: See correct stunt. cheesy cheesy cheesy My guess is he's a stuntman.

undecided undecided

more like desperation.
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by dare2think: 7:32pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

That's your homework for tonight. Figure it out.

Yes mom. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Agrika: 7:45pm On Feb 14, 2013
Who send you
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by FXKing2012(m): 7:54pm On Feb 14, 2013
I'm sure the guy is either a muslim or a monk.
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Truckpusher(m): 8:12pm On Feb 14, 2013
I'm sure peeps like this guy must have spent a whole lot of time abusing the living daylight out of Ivory coast and ordinary Ivoriens for accepting all the poo being perpetrated by their leaders, only to douse himself with gasoline and light himself up when the obvious came calling.....Karma will always be a bit/ch...smdh
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 14, 2013
You don't have to go to this extreme. Don't tell me you can't be successful back in your home country other than ltaly. #FoolishnessOnRampage#.

1 Like

Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by DrDoGood1(m): 8:20pm On Feb 14, 2013
Very stupid guy, so is better to die than to live in Africa? Those of us living here what happen to us.
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by MrJoseph007(m): 8:27pm On Feb 14, 2013
Its a pity that Africans have lost all hope in Africa. But what does one expect from corrupt and inefficient governments all over Africa who make life very difficult for the common man
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by buchi25: 8:41pm On Feb 14, 2013
Some folks do not know that its illegal to take one'slife, that life does not belong to you but God, you are just like a care taker, know that you must surely give an account of it someday.

1 Like

Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 14, 2013
la furia: just insane. so committing suicide is d way out abi. unfortunately.

I bet you just finished eating a well prepared amala or pounded-yam with leafy soup and turkey thighs. Probably had this under an air conditioning room, your legs crossed and with cable news showing. I bet you said to yourself...Life is beautiful and enjoying. Now, that's you, however, they are thousands of people out there who are fed up with life, some can't even afford a meal, more or so, have someone sick in their families and there is virtually no money...I mean NO MONEY. So be considerate of others and avoid words like INSANE.

1 Like

Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by otokx(m): 9:10pm On Feb 14, 2013
good for him
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by cyril83(m): 9:10pm On Feb 14, 2013
Knowledge9000:

I bet you just finished eating a well prepared amala or pounded-yam with leafy soup and turkey thighs. Probably had this under an air conditioning room, your legs crossed and with cable news showing. I bet you said to yourself...Life is beautiful and enjoying. Now, that's you, however, they are thousands of people out there who are fed up with life, some can't even afford a meal, more or so, have someone sick in their families and there is virtually no money...I mean NO MONEY. So be considerate of others and avoid words like INSANE.
instead of him to be thankful to God for the grace to move on in life without a wind of poverty he kept mocking the needy who is so depressed and has no help anywhere but struggle to survive in life...africa is so bad to the extent that even our leaders who has all the money and power could not watch their children grow in africa instead they catapulted them to better countries.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Three Sailors Dead After Houthis Strike Ship In Gulf Of Aden, US Says (Photos) / Trump Denies Inciting Capitol Riots, Claims Senate Has No Power To Impeach Him / IMF stops funds to Afghanistan, reserves blocked from Taliban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.