Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,960 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation (17709 Views)

5000 Unclad People To Protest In Nairobi Ahead Of President Obama Visit / Man Sets Himself On Fire In The U.S / Tunisian Man Sets Himself Ablaze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ammyng: Is it that bad over there in Africa?
no dey form amarachi (ammy Naija)
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Smooyis(m): 9:24pm On Feb 14, 2013
African leaders, over to you!
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by babyboy3(m): 9:34pm On Feb 14, 2013
I took a flight from Paris to Lagos as I got on the plane heading to the back, I was aproached by some heavy guys, they said I should look for another seat with their thick French accent, they were deporting 4 Nigerian guys, with 4 French immigration officers sitting beside them, I was thinking they might have done something serious. That's when one of the guys started shouting and crying "everybody go die for this plane ooo" he was shouting that he was going to break the window... me self I wan commot for plane, omo they strapped the guy to his seat he couldnt move an inch to the left or right, the other 3 guys have accepted that its home sweat home, as the plane took off, I fell asleep when I woke up 3 hrs later, I saw the bobo, he was eating his lunch, I think by then he concluded that he is going to 9ja, they handed them over to the officials at MMA

2 Likes

Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 14, 2013
begwong:
and hw is pakistan where u live better off than naija
am a Nigerian not a Pakistani
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by GooseBaba: 9:35pm On Feb 14, 2013
donroxy: A Nigerian also killed himself cuz he's scared of Home....... Is Africa dis Bad that some peeps are damned scared of Home!!!!

They have to pay back the money they borrowed for their wishful journey....hehehe
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by TsarStu: 9:43pm On Feb 14, 2013
Theze guyz prefer hell to africa...smh
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by delors(m): 9:45pm On Feb 14, 2013
Oh boy, the man kuku ma wan deport himself go heaven (abi na hell self)...e nor easy o... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by sgsltd(m): 9:51pm On Feb 14, 2013
this thing is real , if they ask many lagosian to go their village , some people will drink poison

1 Like

Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Oluwaadajo(m): 9:58pm On Feb 14, 2013
donroxy: A Nigerian also killed himself cuz he's scared of Home....... Is Africa dis Bad that some peeps are damned scared of Home!!!!

Yes, it is for those who have something they ran away from. Believe me there are many of them.
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Oluwaadajo(m): 10:01pm On Feb 14, 2013
OYINBOGOJU:

A home where ordinary man have no life.

Good things are only meant for some class.

The world is not equal. Its not only Africa that people struggle to survive. There are tramps on the streets of NY. Google it and see.
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Oluwaadajo(m): 10:11pm On Feb 14, 2013
Arsenate: I don't pity cowards. No pity for those that run to other mans land leaving theirs in shambles. Sit your @ss at home and fix it.

Agreed. The thing is, not everyone based abroad is successful. Many refuse to do menial work in Nigeria but will jump at the chance to sweep the streets of London . I wonder why
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Oluwaadajo(m): 10:17pm On Feb 14, 2013
cyril83: instead of him to be thankful to God for the grace to move on in life without a wind of poverty he kept mocking the needy who is so depressed and has no help anywhere but struggle to survive in life...africa is so bad to the extent that even our leaders who has all the money and power could not watch their children grow in africa instead they catapulted them to better countries.

So what are we saying here?

That if you live in Africa, you should plan on committing suicide because you have no hope of a better future.....please enlighten me as am confused.

Is the future ours or God's?
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 14, 2013
wonders shall never end undecided
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 14, 2013
ceejay80s: Dem go stil deport his dead body! That agidi no dey work
I'm laughing so hard at agidi, I no know say dem de do ashe inside agidi o...lol.
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Bongoman1: 10:42pm On Feb 14, 2013
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Chinom(m): 10:45pm On Feb 14, 2013
OYINBOGOJU:

A home where ordinary man have no life.

Good things are only meant for some class.

May you rot in whatever shithole you're living in abroad. I'm sick and tired of reading such comments from losers who clearly cannot afford to live in Nigeria. Let me make one thing clear to all you Naija bashers in the diaspora. It's poverty that drove you lot to the western world in the first place and it's poverty that will keep you there. I hope you've bought your grave in US, UK or Kazachstan.
Let it be known to you that ordinary men do have a very fullfilling life in Nigeria. Staying in and loving Naija has nothing to do with how deep your pocket is. It has to do with attitude and your state of mind.

1 Like

Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by erico2k2(m): 11:43pm On Feb 14, 2013
Oluwaadajo:

Agreed. The thing is, not everyone based abroad is successful. Many refuse to do menial work in Nigeria but will jump at the chance to sweep the streets of London . I wonder why
lol cos they get paid up to £8 an hour and they do 8 hours a day
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by erico2k2(m): 11:48pm On Feb 14, 2013
Chinom:

May you rot in whatever shithole you're living in abroad. I'm sick and tired of reading such comments from losers who clearly cannot afford to live in Nigeria. Let me make one thing clear to all you Naija bashers in the diaspora. It's poverty that drove you lot to the western world in the first place and it's poverty that will keep you there. I hope you've bought your grave in US, UK or Kazachstan.
Let it be known to you that ordinary men do have a very fullfilling life in Nigeria. Staying in and loving Naija has nothing to do with how deep your pocket is. It has to do with attitude and your state of mind.
Ah take it easy nah, no need for such hate, the guy was just xpressing his mind not to any particular person.Even if you are dangote, you still gonna have a crap life in today's Nigeria cos U r gonna drive ur 50 million Naira car on crap roads,you can never get a contract without bribe,you have to bribe or beg police,if you are too rich you cant move without security while the mayor of London don't even have o ne security following him, he rides a bike to work.If you are so rich you still gonna live in a society where there are no proper fire brigade so if your mansion catch fire you are on ur own and ofcos there is no insurance .You are at max risk each time you leave ur home whether you fly in teh sky or travel by land or water, that was what the poster was trying and referred to class

4 Likes

Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by erico2k2(m): 11:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
Oluwaadajo:

So what are we saying here?

That if you live in Africa, you should plan on committing suicide because you have no hope of a better future.....please enlighten me as am confused.

Is the future ours or God's?
Listen even here i n the so called civilised society people kill themselves everyday so why the big bashing
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by erico2k2(m): 11:55pm On Feb 14, 2013
Niseamaka:

EMPTY PROUDESSS!.That`s why Nigeria will not wake up from this deep slumber in a long time. Many people are used to suffering, smiling and feeling very contented. Why?, because that`s the type of life they`ve known and lived all along.So what do you expect from people like that : blind patriotic proudness. Although i love my country very much and visit regularly with my wife and kids, i cannot be proud of the pathetic state of affairs in that country.
Well said,I wish most of these guys here would have the opportunity to live in a society where every man is equal and everything works, not visit live properly.
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by erico2k2(m): 11:58pm On Feb 14, 2013
livethinme:

Nigerians arent willing to accept the fact that a massive over-reliance on religion is a problem.
I swear you are on point there
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Mamacita007(f): 12:25am On Feb 15, 2013
abdulmuttalab tins.. ok na llooolll
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by UKBobo(m): 1:00am On Feb 15, 2013
I just returned back from a 3 months work placement in Abuja and I saw that although there is an elite that is making, stealing and looting money. There is also a large(40-70%)poor sub-strata of Nigerians that are suffering - unemployed, menial/low wages. It is the same in other countries in Africa.

This is why the Senegalese jump on pirogues to Tenerife. Nigerians get onto Zodiacs to make Lampedusa from Libya.

You need to hold your leaders responsible. They admire our discipline, order and development and run to my country when they are ill. Yet maintain Africa in a pre-feudal state of development. Very sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by redsun(m): 2:15am On Feb 15, 2013

Africa is ruled by thieves. That is why they risk their lives crossing the unforgiving Sahara desert,crossing treacherous oceans with rickety boat,flying on the undercarraige of jumbo jets,just to escape the miseries set upon them by their fellow Africans.

Italy of all places,that at the moment is as wrecked as Greece and one would have expected trapped Africans to wish they are out of there.
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Ranoscky(m): 3:47am On Feb 15, 2013
where did he get the fuel in the first place, or was he travellin with it? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Vires: 9:18am On Feb 15, 2013
Ranoscky: where did he get the fuel in the first place, or was he travellin with it? undecided

shey!!!!!! In an airport for that matter
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by 360command: 9:19am On Feb 15, 2013
I laugh not to what has happened to the ivorian but to what my ivorian friend tells me . He says ivory coast or cote d'ivoire is a paradise as a whole and also a paradise to Nigerians . I remember when I told him, cote d'ivoire might be a paradise when it comes to 24/7 uninterrupted power but its still an african country . Africa is africa everywhere .ie, there is poverty,unemployment,insecurity,lack of health care service even unstable or no power at rural areas etc ... Here is the case of this ivorian who burnt himself as a result of not wishing to go back to cote d'ivoire knowing fully well how the situation is in abijan , cote d'ivoire .
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by akpomeme(m): 9:45am On Feb 15, 2013

Bleep shit!!! I live here. I work hard. I earn well and my kids are in good school. I lived abroad for a while, Bleep shit!! it aint like home so I don't know why people die to stay back.
Now I can travel for holiday and be served by Oyibos ...silly cunning people. My D in my Django is not silent. gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by skyp(m): 10:40am On Feb 15, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

Gosh I hope the ediot wasn't rescued.

What exactly are you proud? Pretenders
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by tefund(m): 11:24am On Feb 15, 2013
Ogbeche77: (Reuters) - A man from Ivory Coast doused himself with fuel and set himself on fire at Rome's Fiumicino airport on Thursday after showing officials a deportation order, police said.

The incident occurred in a customs police office in Terminal 3 of the airport, Italy's largest. Police said the man had poured a canister of fuel over himself and ignited it with a lighter.

The man was taken to hospital in serious condition while a policeman who put out the flames sustained a burn to his arm.

The smoke caused alarm among travellers and a small part of the airport was briefly closed off. No other injuries or disruption were reported

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/14/uk-italy-airport-fire-idUSLNE91D01O20130214

he lost out on the battle of life
Re: Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation by Nacl: 11:33am On Feb 15, 2013
WE WILL ALWAYS LICK THE BACK OF OUR TEETH NO MATA HOW BITTER IT IS... NO PLACE LIKE HOME

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Trump Denies Inciting Capitol Riots, Claims Senate Has No Power To Impeach Him / IMF stops funds to Afghanistan, reserves blocked from Taliban / Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.