Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? (57120 Views)

Photo: Why Are Ladies This Mean? / See What She Gave Me As My Xmas Hamper. / He Proposed To Her And All She Did Was Laugh! What Does This Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by zheroes(m): 8:21pm On Mar 13, 2008
funkybaby:

No RIGHT thinking man would give his keys to several ladies. Players don't act that way. He will spend more time settling fights than screwing which his is original intention.
An average guy can bed as many cheap ladies as possible without even showing the way to his crib to them how much more giving them spare keys.
i remember when i gave my girlfriend my spare key , my best friend (guy) was like how could you do that, he said i can ask her to come around whenever i needed her but lo and behold , i have found my bride!!!!truth was i was ready for her, really like funkybaby has said players NEVER give their keys to numerous girls, thats not clinical.
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by nalijah07(f): 8:28pm On Mar 13, 2008
@ ZHEROES. Thank so much for your comments. This is a mature man in his 30's.
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by funkybaby(f): 8:41pm On Mar 13, 2008
@big father
He changes his locks-fine. Then he gives her the new keys.

@poster
Just things cool and easy and remain the girl he trusts and loves.

Do not act like you are impressed that you have his spare keys. Sometimes, when going to his place, intentionally forget the keys at your house and insist that he waits for you (assuming he is on his way out and wants you to let yourself in with your spare keys.)

Also respect his privacy. Try to seriously avoid going to his place unannounced.
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by nalijah07(f): 8:49pm On Mar 13, 2008
@ Funkybaby - Good advice.

I had already made up my mine to always announce my arrival.
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by Busta(f): 8:54pm On Mar 13, 2008
nalijah07:

@ Funkybaby - Good advice.

I had already made up my mine to always announce my arrival.

lol . . .good girl grin
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by Busta(f): 9:02pm On Mar 13, 2008
his_grace:

hmmmm, and if she gave it back or refused it - means what? means she is not interested?

Gave my girlfriend my apartment keys but she initially refused, but when she took it after few times appealing to her - she in a way gave it back to me - does it mean she is not interested?

i don't blame her.
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by Uche2nna(m): 9:02pm On Mar 13, 2008
I think funkybabe and Zheroes have really said it all. And the pieces of advice from funky kind of make me think she has been in that situation before cos she is absolutely rite. Dont abuse the right of keys handed over to u (lol)

Bottom line is dat no matter what anybody says, it takes a whole lot for a man hand over the entrance of his abode to a chic. It means he is ready to take the relationship one level higher. He has made a statement ;it is left for u to make him not to regret that statement.
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by Uche2nna(m): 9:06pm On Mar 13, 2008
his_grace:

hmmmm, and if she gave it back or refused it - means what? means she is not interested?

Gave my girlfriend my apartment keys but she initially refused, but when she took it after few times appealing to her - she in a way gave it back to me - does it mean she is not interested?
I think ur situation is different here. In nailijah's case I think the interest is mutual and equivalent with respect to both parties. However, I cant say the same for ur case. It seems the girl still have some doubts over her relationship with you.
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by 4Him(m): 9:13pm On Mar 13, 2008
his_grace:

sounds like you're the one forcing the relationship. Its clear in your case that the girl doesnt really see you as someone she wants to be "that" close to.

Nahlijah's case is different . . . sounds like the guy trusts her enough. For me to give a woman the keys to my house . . . she should be expecting a ring next.
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by Uche2nna(m): 9:25pm On Mar 13, 2008
his_grace:

una talk well well - but after the key handing over incidence - we are still together - three years down the line - so - una head wey dey talk say she no want me no just correct at all - make i tell una well well - key or no key - d thing no matter to me - so make una go back to school - school of love, handing over and tutelage entrance.

LMAO.
Of course the conclusion might be wrong but that is the impression she is giving. Have u ever thought of the fact that she might just be tagging along with you while waiting for her Prince Charming. Thats another possiblity
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by 4Him(m): 9:26pm On Mar 13, 2008
Uche2nna:

LMAO.
Of course the conclusion might be wrong but that is the impression she is giving. Have u ever thought of the fact that she might just be tagging along with you while waiting for her Prince Charming. Thats another possiblity

allow him to delude himself.
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 13, 2008
@ zheroes
ur simply talking trash.
i can tell u from experience that ive seen guys give their
apartment keys to their girlfriends and still bring other women into that house.
the act is just meant to make the girl beleive that she is free to come and go
meanwhile their is a cache to it.
she develops the so called trust leaving the guy free to play his game.
a man does not need to hand over his house keys to a woman to show seriousness.
and besides he wouldnt give it to thirty women as u said.
he does it to his prey to give them a sense of comfort at that point in time.
if he wants to marry you,
he will do the necessary.
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 13, 2008
as far as im concerned it only means one thing,
ur his current bedmate.
kpom kwem!!!
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by funkybaby(f): 10:47pm On Mar 13, 2008
@bennygee

From my experience, you are the one talking trash.

Is it only in the house the man can cheat on her? Abeg, talk sensibly.

How old are you sef? Cos this poster's issue does not require the opinion of those in chewing gum relationships and are still busy sampling girls or men around.

I still insist that in a serious, committed relationship where the man is over 30 and he then gives his girl the keys to his apartment only means he has found a wife in the lady and the next thing on his mind is marriage.

1 Like

Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by elrufai2(m): 11:02pm On Mar 13, 2008
Gamine isnt so happy cos I dated her for two good years, gave her the keys to my apartment and still kicked her arse out grin grin grin grin
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by Uche2nna(m): 11:06pm On Mar 13, 2008
@bg

Except in cases where the man in question has a warped way of thinking and a warped sense of humor then dishing out ur keys to a girlfriend means u trust her and would be willing to go the extra mile with her. It does not actually guarantee exclusivity but it sure does portend one. Even if the man wants to be wayward he would  reserve some respect for the lady by taking his biziness somewhere else. Now there are exceptions and like I said the exceptions mostly come from the warped-minded.

I assume b4 U give out ur keys a lot of water would have gone under the bridge especially bed wise. Now unless U go around dishing ur keys to every Nkechi, Iyabo and Fatima that u just met, wat other ulterior motives could u possibly have by giving ur keys to a girl that U have been rollicking with already  undecided
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 14, 2008
funkybaby:

@bennygee

From my experience, you are the one talking trash.

Is it only in the house the man can cheat on her? Abeg, talk sensibly.

How old are you sef? Cos this poster's issue does not require the opinion of those in chewing gum relationships and are still busy sampling girls or men around.

I still insist that in a serious, committed relationship where the man is over 30 and he then gives his girl the keys to his apartment only means he has found a wife in the lady and the next thing on his mind is marriage.

committed relationship my ass
a man does not need to give u the keys to his apartment for him to show seriosness talk less ofr marriage.
to all tha married nairaland ladies
how many of u did ur spouses give their house keys to?
and to u funkychild sad
just as ur name depicts,
ur just a baby in the matters of the heart,
thats why people of ur type never grow up to learn the ways of men.
why didn't he give u his bank account signature and make u joint signatory to show he wants
to marry you.
learn from the wise.
ive seen this things happen before
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by chamotex(m): 2:45am On Mar 14, 2008
maybe he's expecting an important delivery,
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by PurestBoy(m): 10:05am On Mar 14, 2008
I bet he'll collect his key back if you're not able to meet his sexual desire. Return his key to him before he shows you the exit door.
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by zheroes(m): 12:02pm On Mar 14, 2008
@ poster,
to reiterate my points,based on my experience, it simply means he is ready to take you serious and he loves you, just heed the good advices given on this thread and am convinced you wont regret it. although on rare occasions which am yet to experience, a guy may want to do otherwise basically due to
1. IMMATURITY- Still a teenager or probably still an undergraduate and is a dependant.
2. A LACK OF A GOOD SENSE OF RESPONSIBILITY- he is still scared of commitments

besides such attitudes, you basically do not have a problem because am convinced you never asked him for it. continue to be your self and it will be well with you.like was said inform him before coming, it helps , if you come without telling him he would likely begin thinking you are suspecting him and that isn't healthy for the relationship. if you're in his apartment with him and a call comes in NEVER bother to know who it is, some would say isn't that risky? if it was he wont give his spare keys to you in the first place

let me give you a tip, it worked for me i do not know about him, although it depends on the nature of your job or if you are an undergraduate, my girlfriend would surprise me by coming home to prepare what i liked the most,may be fruit salad, baking of cake or whatever, then she would leave before am back, all she does was send me an sms that she prepared something for me, even if i get home very late i still take the stress of driving down to pick her up because sometimes her scent lingers in the room or on the pillows, the truth is :you have a baked cake with you now, what is left is the icing,  how you about it matters a lot, I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.

2 Likes

Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by strider(m): 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2008
Na which kain yamhead go giv woman key to im house wen she no be im wifey
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by funkybaby(f): 12:17pm On Mar 14, 2008
@ZHEROES

You are right again. She might not necessarily cook but sometimes, she can drop cards or little gifts at his place reassuring him of her love and faithfulness.

@Bennygee

Am not going to start an arguement with you on this issue but let me tell you this - Not men think or act like you do(messing up girls' hearts and emotions). They are still a few good men out there. Zheroes, funke's Boo and maybe this porter's Boo happens to be among the few.

For your info, he gives me unlimited access to his bank card(with the PIN) to shop as i like anytime we are in UK together.
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by zheroes(m): 12:37pm On Mar 14, 2008
funkybaby:

@ZHEROES

You are right again. She might not necessarily cook but sometimes, she can drop cards or little gifts at his place reassuring him of her love and faithfulness.
let me tell you this - Not all men think or act like you do(messing up girls' hearts and emotions). They are still a few good men out there. Zheroes, funke's Boo and maybe this poster's Boo happens to be among the few.

For your info, he gives me unlimited access to his bank card(with the PIN) to shop as i like anytime we are in UK together.

WORD! can it be better than this, i doubt
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 14, 2008
I can't understand why the majority of people feel there's an ulterior motive, to this guy giving his key to his girlfriend.

Someone said, "he could change the locks". That makes no sense! That statement actually shows a lack of logical reasoning. Why would he give her a key, willingly may I add, then proceed to change the lock?

I trust my girlfriend to come and go as she pleases, she doesn't even have to ring first either. She has both my mobile AND landline numbers too.

A live in maid? Where's that coming from? A guy can have a cleaner / domestic helper, without giving him / her a key. You guys should try thinking outside the box, and be less cynical.
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by funkybaby(f): 1:03pm On Mar 14, 2008
@siena

Spot on!

I have added you to the list of the few good men that are still left smiley

1 Like

Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 14, 2008
@ Funkybaby: Thanks! smiley
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by nalijah07(f): 2:58pm On Mar 14, 2008
@ ZHEROES and funkybaby, thanks so much for your opinions as well as your advice.

Him giving me the key was totally unexpected. I never asked, nor have I hinted that I wanted it.
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 14, 2008
Its usually a big step for men, it means he is opening his heart and his life to you. It depends on the guy sha, maybe he is looking for a cleaner/ cook and haousemaid, but i would say he is opening his life to you.
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by Gamine(f): 3:10pm On Mar 14, 2008
Opening which life.

The poster said Key to Apartment
You are talking of life.

Like i said before
Pure Screensaver.

The guy just trusts that you wont run away with his stuff.
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by tngtech(m): 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2008
aisha2:

Its usually a big step for men, it means he is opening his heart and his life to you. It depends on the guy sha, maybe he is looking for a cleaner/ cook and housemaid, but i would say he is opening his life to you.

I agree with you.
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by gentledove(f): 3:25pm On Mar 14, 2008
@Poster,

the guy wants you in his house forever.

he is one hell of an open minded fellow

he appreciates your cooking and the way you clean the house all the time

he wants you in when he leaves and in when he comes back

he does not have anything to hide.

My guy did the same too. we are typing the nuptial knot this year. just like one poster said, do you have the key to his heart? that is the most important. keep your cool, do alll you can to make your relationship work. learn to be submissive even in courtship. engage in house chores. bake once in a while. cook him his favourite when he least expects it. be good. be bold. be yourself. for it to work, its not about the key, ITS ALL ABOUT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool
Re: He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? by Gamine(f): 4:19pm On Mar 14, 2008
Typing the knot? undecided

This one na real online something

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chat Between A White Babe And A Nigerian Guy / Pre-wedding Photo Of The Day ; [ Nice, Even One Of The Best Ever ] / Female Sailors: Despite Our Good Looks, Salaries, It Is Tough Finding True Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.