Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu (23433 Views)

Buhari May Spend One Term In Office, ‘president Already Has A Successor In Mind’ / Buhari's One-term Pledge Tears APC Leaders Apart / Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by dridowu: 1:38pm On Feb 16, 2013
My space
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by eagleeye2: 1:38pm On Feb 16, 2013
Nigerians are funny beings. How do you expect a man that was part of those who signed an agreement for power rotation in 1999 but did not honor it when it suit him, to honour an agreement for ONE SINGLE TERM.

Abegiii, Nigerians get exactly the type of leaders that suits them.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by vanbonattel: 1:38pm On Feb 16, 2013
So, he is telling us that some segment of the country can give the president conditions before they allow him access to power? If na me be Jona, this man will be in the deepest cell in Kirikiri till 2016!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by vanbonattel: 1:42pm On Feb 16, 2013
alj harem:

grin grin grin grin grin true ! but that is the past. GEJ should honour his agreement

On Aburi we stand! grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by chidexy(m): 1:43pm On Feb 16, 2013
segxyrema: Forget agreement or no agreement GEJ is going nowhere,nothing like 2nd term,this single term of bloodshed is ok I think.

That's not the issue. Jonathan, constitutionally, has the right to seek a second term. Whether or not he gets the nod of his party to fly their flag during the election and by extension, be elected for a second term is another thing altogether.

The so called agreement isn't worth the paper in which it is inked

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by eagleeye2: 1:44pm On Feb 16, 2013
A.S Slimm:
D dumbest president eva, u sign an agreement n wan2 go bac on it, u wan2 win an election without d north or its governors, all u GEJ supporters r really dillusioned. On dos ov u talkin of Aburi, all d victims of d war in d East hv only Ojukwu 2blame n no1 else. Ur so called runaway hero.

Are you a learner. Is this the first agreement GEJ is reneging on. Abeg you guys should wake up. Without a solid opposition Flag bearer, I see GEJ coasting to victory in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by gramci: 1:44pm On Feb 16, 2013
Which agreement? Northerners should stop stealing Niger Delta's oil in the name of frivolous oil blocs they have shared among themselves.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Suljosh: 1:45pm On Feb 16, 2013
pazienza:

Well, one can always renege on agreements,or better still restructure it to fit his whims and caprices. The north taught us that. It's high time they are fed from their pot.

GEJ can always claim that he was out witted by a cunning north in signing the agreement,and that he wasn't aware of the full implications of the silly agreement. He can go on an give the north most of their demands but he must hold on to the main one,which is the presidency.

If the north complains of being shortchanged,he can always get the media to write ill of them,telling nigerians how greedy they are,and how they came to negotiation table wanting to make no sacrifices for the peace of the country.

If they try rubbish,they would be showed the military might of nigeria,and they will know why ihejirika was made the COAS.

Now,this is the standard procedure,that works in one nigeria.
dumbest thing i've ever read on NL.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 16, 2013
Now i see the reason why gej is the dumbest president in the history of nigeria
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Akpaife(m): 1:47pm On Feb 16, 2013
Allyu u tin na u get sense pass GEJ dat agreement is rubbish
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by vanbonattel: 1:47pm On Feb 16, 2013
alj harem:

My brother I understand and I know we can't wake them up again. Trust me when I say we feel sorry about it, let try and move on, painful as it might seem, please forgive Nigerians. Anyone that says it is not painful must be a heartless being.

This is very touching, I hope Danjuma, Gowon and others will also beg for forgiveness so that this country can move on in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Israelmossaic: 1:48pm On Feb 16, 2013
Gowon and Ojukwu were in Aburi, Ghana, for a peaceful resolution of an impending civil war. A Confederal pact or agreement was reached, and duly signed by both parties. Gowon abandoned that agreement and engaged the Biafrans with the backings of the Abokis
The excuse was that he was in charge then, and the only document that carried binding force was the Const.
Ngige swore an oath before the Okijas, yet something diff happened.I'm sorry Gej must run again, let them have a feel of betrayal. Who are they to even have gej sign an agg? He shd bury his ambition. Gej must stay for 8yrs chikenah

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Wsdm: 1:49pm On Feb 16, 2013
That some Northern elites flaunt some agreement does not qualifies Jonathan to be right for flaunting agreement twice in a row. Anyway only a FOOL will believe in promises made by Jonathan.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by eagleeye2: 1:50pm On Feb 16, 2013
DivideUs: The fact that these fools made him sign something proves how dumb and stvpiid he is and how selfish they are, let's wise up, drive them out and get a reliable under 40 guy/babe to run for president and vice and lock all these fools up.

The problem with Nigerians is that we always underestimate the person of GEJ.
GEJ ain't dumb or foolish. He knows very well that he can sign a 100 agreement and still renege on it. He will only play the victim card and from the tone of this thread, people are already hedging him on.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Noiseless2: 1:51pm On Feb 16, 2013
"Northern governors/Northern leaders" whats the diference, are they reminding the country that one can only become president with their blessings alone?

It goes to show what these hausa/fulani criminals and their supporters would do to keep their criminality going.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by vanbonattel: 1:54pm On Feb 16, 2013
Wsdm: That some Northern elites flaunt some agreement does not qualifies Jonathan to be right for flaunting agreement twice in a row. Anyway only a FOOL will believe in promises made by Jonathan.

Ebele Azikiwe till 2019!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by ckkris: 1:55pm On Feb 16, 2013
Illegal agreements are illegal. CONSTITUTION says 2 terms.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by femmy2010(m): 1:55pm On Feb 16, 2013
Interesting.
The only Valid agreement is the one with millions of Nigerians that voted for Uncle Jona.
They have indid turn Nigeria to a palour thing.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by vanbonattel: 1:56pm On Feb 16, 2013
Noiseless2: "Northern governors/Northern leaders" whats the diference, are they reminding the country that one can only become president with their blessings alone?

It goes to show what these hausa/fulani criminals and their supporters would do to keep their criminality going.

Dey don jam rock this time around, the north will rule Nigeria again after the Igbos take their turn for another 8 years after Jona hands over in 2019.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Phikom(m): 1:58pm On Feb 16, 2013
omiobo: Gej will ruin PDP if he doesn't step down by 2015.
my same stance on the issue....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by GentleNaaz(m): 1:59pm On Feb 16, 2013
Note 2 all mara4kn northerners.
GEJ fooled u guys. U supose 2 knw d idea of politics. 2 hell Aliyu, 2 hell all northerners, 2 hell all anti GEJ. GEJ na u we knw 2015.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by peruso: 2:00pm On Feb 16, 2013
Gbawe:

I think Aliyu is invoking this so called agreement now because him, Lamido, Yuguda et al, against the advise of IBB and co, had delivered the States delegates GEJ needed to defeat Atiku at the PDP primaries. The thinking of Aliyu et al were two-fold. First, they thought by helping GEJ, who had pledged to do one term, they would have a clear path to the PDP Presidential ticket for 2015.

Two, Aliyu and other Northern 'young guns' thought supporting GEJ to gain 4 years strategically weakens the older power brokers in the North like Atiku, IBB, Cirmoma et al because those guys would be 4 years older by 2015 and politically weaker.

Finally, if you read again, you will note Aliyu stated that GEJ signed an agreement with Northern governors. He did not say GEJ signed an agreement with the North. That distinction must be made so we do not go on another round of Nairalanders unfairly ranting against the "born to rule" North. The Northern Governors, essentially limited to those within GEJ's own Party, did what they did for personal ambition so we must be careful not to drag the entire region into issues limited to the actions of a few.

Sensible points.

Some1 pls tell this 9ja i hail guy to calm down why is he so angry.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 16, 2013
kettykings: Has the north ever honored any agreement even the one made to their slaves in the south tha Aburi in 1966 and the June12 Election one wonders if and how someone who does not honor agreement with others will expect others to honor their agreement.

Goodluck should just run and run as fast as his constituency can carry him , Nigeria is too big and vast as a nation anybody who does not want GEJ should ask for a referendum like they are doing in Texas and California over Obama

Why would anybody think that GEJ is weak ?
1. He is incharge of the army now, under General Ihejirika.
2. Watch the drama he is playing with the National assembly.
3. Watch his parlying with IBB, OBASANJO, EMIRS AND OTHER SENIOR ELDERS.
4. Watch the way he closed the nukes and crownies of oil against these thieves.
5. Watch his style of implementing the budget. Etc.
And some people still feels he doesnt have brains?
The youths should support him because he is for now the only presido that carries the younger people along.

I pity any southern Nigerian person that will suport a Presidential candidate from the North against GEJ. Lets be wise..... Support GEJ, SUPORT ONE NIGERIA, SUPPORT CONTINUITY. God will do it again, lets watch and see.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by vanbonattel: 2:01pm On Feb 16, 2013
Jonathan should quichly organize another census that should show this country the way it is. Enough of all these trash that the north is more populous than the south. Let the votes count and you will see that the north will never rule again, except they kneel down and beg the southern kingmakers.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Augustinaz(m): 2:04pm On Feb 16, 2013
Make these hausa Niggaz gerrout. Let them give the Niger Delta Man the Chance to go for two terms. Hausa don enjoy power too much. Let them allow the minorities to enjoy their own too. Shit Aboki Niggaz.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 16, 2013
Gentle Naaz: Note 2 all mara4kn northerners.
GEJ fooled u guys. U supose 2 knw d idea of politics. 2 hell Aliyu, 2 hell all northerners, 2 hell all anti GEJ. GEJ na u we knw 2015.

Love your thoughts. Wish we could meet and forge alliance youth support for GEJ. 07034551515
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by madridsta007(m): 2:08pm On Feb 16, 2013
A.S Slimm:
D dumbest president eva, u sign an agreement n wan2 go bac on it, u wan2 win an election without d north or its governors, all u GEJ supporters r really dillusioned. On dos ov u talkin of Aburi, all d victims of d war in d East hv only Ojukwu 2blame n no1 else. Ur so called runaway hero.

LOL... Take it easy... Aburi accord, a treaty supervised by governments and international bodies was not honored. Don't expect GEJ to honour any accord. End of story. wink wink wink

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by yuzedo: 2:10pm On Feb 16, 2013
re@lchange:
there is an older agreement which was not honored
it is called the aburi accord!
Send me your account number.. You are a great man! grin grin grin grin #NLCommentOfTheYear #RejoinderOfLife

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by amlydave: 2:19pm On Feb 16, 2013
This purported agreement is a kind of element that farments the trouble Nigeria is experiencing.today I wonder why we have to know about this agreement which was done between a few power hungry individuals with the aim of passing the baton of power among themselves. Gov. Aliyu and co. signed their so-called agreement in the dark. Let them go back into the dark to resolve their differences. Nigeria has a constitution and on it we stand !

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by MadCow1: 2:20pm On Feb 16, 2013
Old things have passed away.. Now he is the Presido, he calls the shots..
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by DanIlon(m): 2:21pm On Feb 16, 2013
alj harem:

grin grin grin grin grin true ! but that is the past. GEJ should honour his agreement
and his signed parts of agreement is right
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by tarryT(m): 2:24pm On Feb 16, 2013
alj harem:

hehehehehehe, u go old wella, tell Aliyu to show us the signed documents.....politics sweet sha... Uncle Jona, flex jor,.nothing do u.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Edo 2016: Patrick Igbinidu Curses Subjects Who Fail To Vote APC / "DSS Planted Millions Of Naira In My House" - Justice Ngwuta Writes CJN / PMB Aides Connived With Ministry Of Power Officials To Fleece Govt Of N14bn - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.